Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a handy chart you can post any time any of your idiot relatives plan on going to a bar or a buffet

So what would a 10 be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Imma 6.

:ohdear:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Guy Axlerod posted:

So what would a 10 be?

Licking door latches at an airport bathroom?

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Not sure if I should trust anything coming out of Texas, the Drowing in Lung Juice State for July 2020

That would be Florida. Texas made masks mandatory. FL is #1 in cases and has done nothing.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Guy Axlerod posted:

So what would a 10 be?

https://twitter.com/platini954/status/1279038342596890624?s=21

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

It's v.rude to doxx your mother like that, though?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The virus mutated... The new strain makes people think masks are an affront to their freedoms and they will violently attempt to spread it further :tinfoil:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Schadenboner posted:

It's v.rude to doxx your mother like that, though?

My mom is cool as hell, Schadenboner :)
She would be hunting the zombies or something

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

My mom is cool as hell, Schadenboner :)
She would be hunting the zombies or something

How do you square your assessment with the video of her (op. cit.)?

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Guy Axlerod posted:

So what would a 10 be?
Corona parties where you go and bet on who gets infected.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Guy Axlerod posted:

So what would a 10 be?

I’m at a 1 on that chart but probably a 3 in reality. Haven’t gone anywhere in months, riskiest behavior we have done is get drive through coffee from a no-seating coffee kiosk and we wipe the outside of everything down before drinking it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a handy chart you can post any time any of your idiot relatives plan on going to a bar or a buffet

What’s gangbangs? 8?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/mbeckett/status/1278750652160634880?s=21

Good news!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ruggan posted:

I’m at a 1 on that chart but probably a 3 in reality. Haven’t gone anywhere in months, riskiest behavior we have done is get drive through coffee from a no-seating coffee kiosk and we wipe the outside of everything down before drinking it.

The list is cumulative so if you've opened mail every weekday, walked outside once a day, gone to the store twice and gotten restaurant takeout your score for the week is 19

(I'm making poo poo up, it's not cumulative)

bird with big dick posted:

What’s gangbangs? 8?

With or without ballgags? And are they they solid ballgags or the ones with holes?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

bird with big dick posted:

What’s gangbangs? 8?

With A-Frames probably, a no-oral situation might be like a 7?

:shrug:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

How is this not much worse in developing countries? I assume a lot of it is just a lack of testing, but wouldn't there be significant excess deaths in countries like Egypt, India, Indonesia, etc if the virus was spreading rampantly?

I was wondering the same thing until I spoke to a guy from India for remote support with an IT related hardware problem back in April(?) when we were just starting to lock down. He said they were already having everyone locked to their homes, they could not leave their homes, they had groups of workers who brought them food/groceries and did cleaning all over the cities. He hadn't been outside for close to a month and but simply couldn't leave. He said he really missed his friends. It seemed insane to me because I only know India from what I see on TV and it's usually a million people outside in hustling/bustling shoulder to shoulder markets. Maybe a goon from India can say what's up or if this was maybe a certain district that was like this. But at the time I was thinking "well no wonder they haven't had large death counts no one can legally leave their homes"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Philthy posted:

I was wondering the same thing until I spoke to a guy from India for remote support with an IT related hardware problem back in April(?) when we were just starting to lock down. He said they were already having everyone locked to their homes, they could not leave their homes, they had groups of workers who brought them food/groceries and did cleaning all over the cities. He hadn't been outside for close to a month and but simply couldn't leave. He said he really missed his friends. It seemed insane to me because I only know India from what I see on TV and it's usually a million people outside in hustling/bustling shoulder to shoulder markets. Maybe a goon from India can say what's up or if this was maybe a certain district that was like this. But at the time I was thinking "well no wonder they haven't had large death counts no one can legally leave their homes"

Yeah India was taking it really seriously months ago, there was a ton of videos of their cops beating the crap out of people breaking the quarantine rules and forcing them to do phys ed as punishment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdDGUvLoJvI

They came up with a whole bunch of cruel punishments to scare the hell out of people, like locking people in an ambulance with a fake coronavirus patient
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iGZmIkYJ0M

Human rights lawyers were real :chloe: about all that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP_wkHvEsMg

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 4, 2020

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

The G strain of the virus huh. The g-virus.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

This is a bad post. See that idea of posting that I didn't know was to be honest and show that I didn't know. Now when I get a response claiming to know poo poo without actually backing up the poo poo they say it's loving annoying.

Here I'll do the research for you but mainly myself. They claim kf94.

https://www.vogmask.com/pages/technical

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/difference-between-n95-and-kf94-masks/

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0250/0840/files/Nelson_Labs_Viral_Filtration_1112598-S01.pdf?8699031093377030261

Okay thanks for posting I do love how we continue to get MASKS DONT DO ANYTHING style posts.

Duck and Cover posted:

This is a bad post. See that idea of posting that I didn't know was to be honest and show that I didn't know. Now when I get a response claiming to know poo poo without actually backing up the poo poo they say it's loving annoying.

Here I'll do the research for you but mainly myself. They claim kf94.

https://www.vogmask.com/pages/technical

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/difference-between-n95-and-kf94-masks/

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0250/0840/files/Nelson_Labs_Viral_Filtration_1112598-S01.pdf?8699031093377030261

Okay thanks for posting I do love how we continue to get MASKS DONT DO ANYTHING style posts.

an absolutely gobfuckshot insane proportion of kf94 and kf95 are knockoffs that wont do poo poo over like a surgical mask, and you wont be able to tell reliably, unlike n95

"oh you cant do fit test" is equivalent to "oh they are about as worthwhile as paper mask"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol at this guy begging me to be horrified at the south getting comeuppance

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

anyone know what kind of software this is that makes these dope charts? I have a lot of morons I need to educate with cool charts

https://twitter.com/mbeckett/status/1278750662038302720?s=20

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Fallom posted:

lol at this guy begging me to be horrified at the south getting comeuppance

A lot of goons live in the south and have lost loved ones so.. maybe not the best take. Roni doesn't care about politics

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

So maybe I’m dumb but this guy doesn’t exactly explain why cases keep going up but deaths are down except for Simpson’s paradox (whatever it is). So what’s the reason?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

That's the paradox, we all know we're super hosed but nobody seems to be able to explain how or why.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Do not, my friends, become addicted to living. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

an absolutely gobfuckshot insane proportion of kf94 and kf95 are knockoffs that wont do poo poo over like a surgical mask, and you wont be able to tell reliably, unlike n95

"oh you cant do fit test" is equivalent to "oh they are about as worthwhile as paper mask"

Good post if my question was do fake kf94/kf95 masks exist. It wasn't. So yeah another bad post. Now if you knew or had evidence that vogmasks were fake that'd be something. I swear why do people do this? It's perfectly fine to not know something you don't have to post.

Is it? Okay show me studies. Oh you won't and are just talking out of your rear end? That's a shocker. Don't bother coming back with a study showing me that masks that can do fit tests are more effective than those that can't. That's not what I'm challenging and I would certainly expect them to. What I'm looking for is exactly what you're claiming that they're as worthwhile as a paper mask.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

tpink posted:

So maybe I’m dumb but this guy doesn’t exactly explain why cases keep going up but deaths are down except for Simpson’s paradox (whatever it is). So what’s the reason?

I think he is basically saying that it looks like deaths are down because the original hot-spot NYC cooled down. But deaths are going back up because the spread has grown in other areas and are on trajectory to get real bad in the shorterm

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

smoobles posted:

A lot of goons live in the south and have lost loved ones so.. maybe not the best take. Roni doesn't care about politics

hey that's a bummer. anyway, the south has been leading the charge in calling the virus a fake democrat hoax so lol

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 4, 2020

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
A lot of people were saying poo poo like "haha them liberal democratic states are getting whacked by this!" and calling it a democrat hoax while their states were fine, and now it's coming to them. April 2020 in New Jersey was something I won't ever forget. I've never been so scared. But I still just feel sad for them and what is about to happen, no matter how ignorant they may have been. People don't deserve this. What a garbage country we are.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Texas is just New Jersey with open carry.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

On the other hand maybe we do all collectively deserve it. Let the vengeful hand descend :getin:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

Good post if my question was do fake kf94/kf95 masks exist. It wasn't. So yeah another bad post. Now if you knew or had evidence that vogmasks were fake that'd be something. I swear why do people do this? It's perfectly fine to not know something you don't have to post.

Is it? Okay show me studies. Oh you won't and are just talking out of your rear end? That's a shocker. Don't bother coming back with a study showing me that masks that can do fit tests are more effective than those that can't. That's not what I'm challenging and I would certainly expect them to. What I'm looking for is exactly what you're claiming that they're as worthwhile as a paper mask.

you can't trust any amazon brand name to not be counterfeit and counterfeits are not a standardized thing that you can do proper rct's against

if you wanna roll the dice go and roll the dice but you can't assume good effectiveness and you dont get the other aspect of the masks which is protecting other peeps cuz of the valve

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Colonel Cancer posted:

On the other hand maybe we do all collectively deserve it. Let the vengeful hand descend :getin:

Coronavirus is God punishing America for electing Trump

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

I suck at statistics, but I understand it like this:

Imagine you have 2 places, NYC and Austin as an example.
NYC had a shitload of cases early with a lot of deaths, but there are few active cases left and fewer new infections so deaths are dropping in NYC

Austin has had few cases early and therefore few deaths but suddenly cases are spiking and you see a lot to new cases, but since these are "fresh" cases only few new deaths have resulted yet

So individually, NYC cases and deaths are reducing but in Austin cases are rising and deaths are minimal just yet

If you now pool the data of NYC and Austin, this happens:
1. the massive amount of deaths in NYC slowly decreasing is so much of a decrease that they drown out the current comparatively tiny number of new deaths in Austin, so overall the death curve seems to be dropping
2. case wise, the massive amount of new cases in Austin and few new cases in NYC obviously add up to a spike overall

So right now, if you look at the pooled data, cases are rising (dominated by Austin), while deaths seem to be sinking (dominated by NYC)

But essentially 10+days from now Austin starts dying and you will start seeing it in your pool data

And the spike from all the deaths in Austin will in turn make it impossible to tell that NYC has no more deaths, which is why they say you need to treat it as multiple outbreaks to see what is really going on

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Guy Axlerod posted:

So what would a 10 be?

Bo Derek.

tpink posted:

People are looking at numbers from the entire United States and making inferences from that as though it is one big outbreak spread across the whole country. His point is that it is MANY local outbreaks, and looking at numbers in the aggregate leads to mistaken interpretations. National numbers of ICU beds available doesn't mean much, number of ICU beds in a given county means a lot.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I’m just waiting for 99% infected.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A quick googling and a jaunt to wikipedia later, and what I took away from it was Simpson's Paradox is what happens when you take a bunch of data from different incidents and aggregate them together into a single incident rather than treating them all separately with their own factors affecting the data being collected.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Captain Beans posted:

anyone know what kind of software this is that makes these dope charts? I have a lot of morons I need to educate with cool charts

https://twitter.com/mbeckett/status/1278750662038302720?s=20

sparklines?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Guy Axlerod posted:

So what would a 10 be?

French kissing Coronavirus patients at the local hospital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol good job LA County we did it!