Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
It’s deffo gonna be something military-related. It’s the lowest effort name possible, it makes them seem like Big Tough Guys, and it Supports The Trewpz which is like the only political stance an NFL team should be allowed to have according to most football fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Sheen Sheen posted:

It’s deffo gonna be something military-related. It’s the lowest effort name possible, it makes them seem like Big Tough Guys, and it Supports The Trewpz which is like the only political stance an NFL team should be allowed to have according to most football fans
Red Tails would be by far the best outcome, but this is Dan Snyder we're talking about, it will be as generic and nakedly militaristic as possible. Also carefully designed to somehow squeeze free poo poo out of the military somehow.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Washington Happy Endings, played at Rubmaps Field

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Washington Rimjobs. Keep the R logo and HTTR would still work! :v:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Please keep this seemingly unending open mic night list of team renames in the new thread by the CSPAM poster

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3931528

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Its gonna be the Founding Fathers.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

BrownThunder posted:

Please keep this seemingly unending open mic night list of team renames in the new thread by the CSPAM poster

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3931528

yes sir mr moderator

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Washington Moderators

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Washington ModsKnew

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Calling your team the Vikings is worse than the Rapists tbh.

Rape is just a facet of the misery they wrought.

It's kind of strange, really. I guess time heals all wounds but sure, name a team after a bunch of murder-rapists-kidnapper-rapists again.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How many teams are named after the Spartans who sexually groomed young boys?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

NFLPA has voted to recommend to cancel the entire preseason, not just half of it

Imo that's not actually good for players, not just because in 2011 we had lots of extra units injuries because players were out of shape, it'll probably be worse this year, but also because it'll mean a lot of players won't get a shot to show that they deserve to be on the team

On the other hand, the virus

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I hope the refs decide to sit out the season and we get replacement refs again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
They didn’t cancel the whole 2011 preseason, just the Hall of Fame game.

Still, losing all the training camps, and preseason will be bad... But how much of the season actually gets played is a question unto itself...

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1279112672231989248

i mean, that's a month and a half of doing poo poo. per the NFL important dates tracker says mid july with cuts on september 5 which is basically the same.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Raku posted:

(the joke is the mascot is still an indian)

And Hulk Hogan is still known for his racism.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dumbass Pats kicker got his 3 percenter tattoo lasered off.

Should've done with Steve-o did: (3 minutes in for the bad one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqUZIwHhG4

Kalli fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 5, 2020

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The Washington Drones.

The Washington Extrajudicial Killings

The Washington Guys

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

hifi posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1279112672231989248

i mean, that's a month and a half of doing poo poo. per the NFL important dates tracker says mid july with cuts on september 5 which is basically the same.

Wasn't a large criticism of the Bears last year that Matt Nagy didn't give the starters any preseason reps, so they came out of the gate pretty rusty?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Timby posted:

Wasn't a large criticism of the Bears last year that Matt Nagy didn't give the starters any preseason reps, so they came out of the gate pretty rusty?

Yes, and he stated this season they planned to give them some reps. I think a similar thing was said about the Rams too.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Calling your team the Vikings is worse than the Rapists tbh.

Rape is just a facet of the misery they wrought.

The only vikings left are the Techno Viking and Moonsorrow. I think that wound's healed a bit.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Watching the 2016 week 12 Broncos/Chiefs SNF game tonight.

I'm looking over this Chiefs roster and trying to figure out how in the world they went 12 and 4.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm looking over this Chiefs roster and trying to figure out how in the world they went 12 and 4.

Alex Smith was good OP

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Alex Smith was good OP

But but but... he only had like 15 TDs that year! Where did the team's offense come from? Like yeah they had Tyreek and they had Kelce but it seems like those guys were underutilized that year and it's not like they had the running backs to make up for it.

Or maybe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Andy Reid was good OP

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Quiet Feet posted:

Their defense was really good at forcing turnovers that year, which made up for teams being able to run all over them before the divisional round game against Pittsburgh. And for all of Smith's limitations as a QB, he didn't really turn the ball over enough to hurt them. They also won a couple super close games that made them look a little better than they were. (I think that was the season they beat the Falcons in Atlanta because Eric Berry ran a 2pt conversion attempt back and they won that game by a point)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Eric Berry also had a pick 6 that game and scored more points by himself on defense than three NFL teams did that week (a field goal each). :allears:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Oh hey, safety into a Tyreek Hill punt return TD. Neat.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Never forget that weird rear end 2014 season where KC threw zero TDs to wide receivers, and still had a pretty ok year, finishing second in the division.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

Eric Berry also had a pick 6 that game and scored more points by himself on defense than three NFL teams did that week (a field goal each). :allears:

Eric Berry he so scary

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Docjowles posted:

Never forget that weird rear end 2014 season where KC threw zero TDs to wide receivers, and still had a pretty ok year, finishing second in the division.

That's tough to even wrap your mind around.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Call them the Washington Spooks and give them a cool ghost logo.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

Call them the Washington Spooks and give them a cool ghost logo.
:chloe:

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

But but but... he only had like 15 TDs that year! Where did the team's offense come from? Like yeah they had Tyreek and they had Kelce but it seems like those guys were underutilized that year and it's not like they had the running backs to make up for it.

Or maybe

kelce had 1125 yards that season

as others have said that was the last year where bob sutton's bend don't break poo poo kinda sorta worked, and they were really fortunate on the turnovers

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/espnpr/status/1280170128307638274?s=21

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Lets go full America, let me introduce you to your new Washington ICBM's! Crowd goes wild. Trump has a huge boner has to check rubmap.com. Bush sheds a tear. Are troopz pour out their bases and just start making Confederate monuments everywhere. All is right with the world.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

The Juggernaut posted:

Lets go full America, let me introduce you to your new Washington ICBM's! Crowd goes wild. Trump has a huge boner has to check rubmap.com. Bush sheds a tear. Are troopz pour out their bases and just start making Confederate monuments everywhere. All is right with the world.

You forgot the part about invading another country for their natural resources and killing all the civilians.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1280188759296933890

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The president just tweeted that the names redskins and indians are names of strength and changing them is a sign of concessions to the politically correct.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

The president just tweeted that the names redskins and indians are names of strength and changing them is a sign of concessions to the politically correct.

Aw yeah I was waiting for him to stick his nose in

Also bring back scary dolphin

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1280207342022189056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1280203174008303616