Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Unit has siege attacker(some lords provide it even on foot), is artillery/monstrous or the wall has at least one hole. Kinda silly since it's not a big deal to fly or even ladder in and force a gate open but dems da rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Do I have to have a specific kind of unit to do that? I’ve been running eshin night runner armies for 70 rounds and it wasn’t happening

It only happens if the settlement has walls, so minor settlements usually don't, but capitals do by default I believe (usually). You need something with the Siege Attacker trait, like a plagueklaw catapult or the Warpgrinders (I think they have it?). Some bigger monsters have it too, I don't know what things off the top of my head do, since I almost always have artillery in my army anyway.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
The siege attacker trait is so stupid. Any unit can in fact bash down gates, down to and including chaff melee infantry, but the game won't let me do that unless I have either brought a unit that has this completely nonsensical trait, or I spend a turn building a battering ram. Which I will immediately drop, because having to walk it all the way to the gate will get me murdered by the towers when I can just run there and bash it down with my bare hands instead. Or, you know, just pull ladders out of my infantry's pockets and climb the walls instead. But no, gotta have that siege attacker trait or I can't do it.

When I was new to the game I used to shoot gates with artillery because obviously I can't bash it down with my bare hands. And what would the ram be for if not for bashing gates? Then (an embarrassingly long time afterwards) I noticed that the AI just sends its cavalry to bash gates while the infantry climbs and we;lp

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 3, 2020

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.
I coulda sworn that at around when the base game came out, only Siege Attackers could attack the gate, hence it being such a big deal that Vlad was given the trait. It seems that changed, but I still have muscle memory of only sending things that the "break the gate" icon appeared for at it, so when I was playing with Grom I was confused why he was able to.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Sarcastastic posted:

I coulda sworn that at around when the base game came out, only Siege Attackers could attack the gate, hence it being such a big deal that Vlad was given the trait. It seems that changed, but I still have muscle memory of only sending things that the "break the gate" icon appeared for at it, so when I was playing with Grom I was confused why he was able to.

You misremember. It's dumb but sieges are bad so

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Sarcastastic posted:

Yeah not the case. Some agents (witch hunter maybe? ) did a ton of bonus damage to gates too, but also didn't come with it.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

TheFluff posted:

The siege attacker trait is so stupid. Any unit can in fact bash down gates, down to and including chaff melee infantry, but the game won't let me do that unless I have either brought a unit that has this completely nonsensical trait, or I spend a turn building a battering ram. Which I will immediately drop, because having to walk it all the way to the gate will get me murdered by the towers when I can just run there and bash it down with my bare hands instead. Or, you know, just pull ladders out of my infantry's pockets and climb the walls instead. But no, gotta have that siege attacker trait or I can't do it.

When I was new to the game I used to shoot gates with artillery because obviously I can't bash it down with my bare hands. And what would the ram be for if not for bashing gates? Then (an embarrassingly long time afterwards) I noticed that the AI just sends its cavalry to bash gates while the infantry climbs and we;lp

The siege mechanics in this game really do blow. The battering ram is completely mystifying. It's SO SLOW and your troops are so vulnerable pushing it along. Not once in 400 hours have I had any use at all for it

The siegetowers technically protect your troops but they are also SO SLOW so unless you have towers for your whole army the enemy wall-towers can still just shoot your unprotected troops while your slow as gently caress siegetowers lumbers towards the walls. It's basically always more efficient to just rush the walls and pull up ladders or stay back completely and just blow up all the fortifications with artillery

If there is one thing i hope they put a ton of work into it is siege mechanics for Total Warhammer 3. It should be a fun and awesome experience to siege an enemy capital, not a total slog

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Fartbox posted:

The siegetowers technically protect your troops but they are also SO SLOW so unless you have towers for your whole army the enemy wall-towers can still just shoot your unprotected troops while your slow as gently caress siegetowers lumbers towards the walls. It's basically always more efficient to just rush the walls and pull up ladders or stay back completely and just blow up all the fortifications with artillery

I disagree, I find siege towers not_useless. They allow your dudes to reach the walls in one cohesive block instead of a few trickles that gets killed one by one as they reach the top, without spending their entire energy pool (unlike ladders) and once placed can be used by the rest of your dudes to also climb without getting utterly exhausted at once.

As for "they're slow so your other guys get shot up", on most maps it's trivial to park your entire army in a dead angle and/or hide them in a forest...

I agree however that the ram is naff now that any unit can torch gates ; but I'm fairly certain that's a recent developpment ; I could swear it wasn't the case back in WH1 at least.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Fartbox posted:

Sieges are poo poo but I don't agree with this one. If your army is capable of butchering the enemy troops on the walls, siege towers are a good idea. The combat penalties you get for using ladders are huge, and your unprotected troops can just stay behind the towers while they roll up. The AI is too dumb to do anything but fire at towers that they will not destroy, or shoot at your circling lords/heroes in front that they will not hit.

And fighting on the walls rather than blowing them up tends to mean that you are frequently smacking around ranged enemies rather than melee ones, you don't have to kill as many troops to establish a foothold because the AI usually gives up on sending more fairly quickly, you don't have enemy cavalry/monsters backing up their infantry, and once you've secured said walls you can put your own ranged up there to fire down on everything inside at a wonderful angle. If you have flyers, those are game-breakingly devastating for wall fights since they can take off and cycle charge instantly, no matter how bogged down they are. Foot heroes/lords tend to shine on wall battles as well.

There are still advantages to taking down walls rather than towering up them, such as allowing large units through and being able to use vortex/wind magic more effectively, but it really depends on the situation whether that's worth the trade-offs.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've been playing dwarves, I use the towers to get my slayers on the walls and killing in one group and my single group of warriors will typically absorb all the shots while my quarrelers fire from behind them.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Also, AI wall towers are easily manipulated into shooting at targets that they cannot easily damage. Yes, they can cause heavy causalities among infantry, but they always shoot at the nearest target. They're typically not powerful enough to destroy siege towers before they can dock, and you can see their firing ranges, so just place lords or monsters to absorb any shots that the siege towers won't take. You should also, of course, do this when destroying wall towers with artillery. Place your lords and monsters up front to eat the damage, so you don't have to suffer any causalities from them launching bombs into your ranks.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I'd build and use siege towers if they didn't take two turns to build.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I've never seen the AI focus a siege tower down successfully so it basically guarantees the squad arrives at 100%.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
I have never used any siege equipment with any faction that has access to archers/artillery after learning how the AI works during sieges (or perhaps rather how it doesn't work). I just cheese all sieges now because playing them out straight is just not worth it. Set up in a corner, get a tower-free zone by killing a tower with artillery while tanking it with a single entity, then just shoot/magic the AI to death while it just sits there. If you have to enter the settlement to win you didn't bring enough archers/magic/artillery.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

TheFluff posted:

I have never used any siege equipment with any faction that has access to archers/artillery after learning how the AI works during sieges (or perhaps rather how it doesn't work). I just cheese all sieges now because playing them out straight is just not worth it. Set up in a corner, get a tower-free zone by killing a tower with artillery while tanking it with a single entity, then just shoot/magic the AI to death while it just sits there. If you have to enter the settlement to win you didn't bring enough archers/magic/artillery.

This is true, but if you also send an elite infantry unit/s and on foot character/s onto the wall they basically get free reign to kill everything up there. Then when the wall dudes break I move my ranged infantry onto the wall and shoot fish in a barrel.

My favourite thing is shades with dark elves since you can set them up at the opposite end of the wall and have them infiltrate to the capture point which causes ai havoc.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Plopyour best hero/Lord with regeneration on a wall and just wait for him to whittle down all the defenders, hopefully under a rain of arrows and Magic and dragon breath. You get regeneration by beating Isabella Von Carstein in combat, so if at all possible try to make sure you can murder the Von Carsteins, Vlad gives you 1-turn wound recovery.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Fartbox posted:

It should be a fun and awesome experience to siege an enemy capital, not a total slog

Amen

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Send elite unit and pumped up on foot heroes onto wall. Hit 3x speed. Wait for enemy to capitulate. It's not fun.

Well I guess bringing majority artillery pieces is fun if you've got a glass of wine and 1812 Overture playing.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
It doesn't help that even if the whole "dealing with the walls" part of the siege was fun, all it means is once you/they're past the walls you're mostly fighting in super cramped streets that barely allow for 1 regiment to fight at a time.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Fighting through the alleys in the actual city is pretty fun but in my experience 99% of seige battles are decided on the walls or right inside the entrances so :shrug:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

LORDS I WANT TO SEE: THE RETURN

i'm back from hell and i'm here to post about poo poo nobody cares about

MOONCLAW, SON OF MORRSLIEB

Faction: Beastmen
Chances of getting in: 30%

usually when someone is called something like 'son of morrslieb', 'daughter of the moon', etc etc it's some kind of metaphor. Not in this case. one fateful geheimnistag (warhammer halloween, when both moons are full in the sky), as the bad moon morrslieb reached its perigee, a green comet streaked out from it's surface and across the night sky. beastmen were attracted from far and wide to follow the glowing green scar the comet left as it entered the atmosphere. the beastmen who got there early, or were just nearby by coincidence, got absolutely hosed when the comet slammed into the earth.

there was basically a full on tunguska event and the forest for miles around was destroyed. there was only one survivor, for from the cracked shell of the comet stepped forth Moonclaw, the son of morrslieb, his eerie white fur soaked in the mysterious fluid of his lunar egg. he somewhat resembles a goatlike beastman, though far more mutated than usual, and when he moves he leaves a ghostly afterimage of his motion, and green-black flames surround him in an aura.

he's completely mad and speaks backwards language nobody understands. he sees the warp and the real world at the same time. he has a strange two headed mount who just shows up when it's time for moonclaw to party. he's not really a beastman at all, but the beastmen follow him when he goes on the march out of pure reverence. he has an aura of insanity that drives anyone nearby, friend or foe, into a violent frenzy.

his mission in life is to tear down the elven waystones that collect ambient warp energies that permeate the world and direct them towards the vortex at ulthuan. he hopes that if he can trash enough of them the warp will flow freely into reality and turn it all chaosy or whatever. his powers also wax and wane with the cycle of morrslieb.

I picked him as a new beastman lord i'd like to see because the other options are: emo ungor, rape centigor, brass bull, or skull face shaman. the last two are cooler than the first two but eh. it's also cool that he's some kind of moon alien instead of just another brown furred beastman. I also think he has good chance of being picked up by CA because they prefer unknown characters like herman ghost and tretch craventail for lords sometimes, and moonclaw literally has like 3 paragraphs and one picture to his name in the lore and no model. he could also have a cool moon-cycle gimmick.

TAUROX THE BRASS BULL

Faction: beastmen
Chances of getting in: 70%

he doesnt have an official model or really any art so i made my own pic. taurox is not my favourite for reasons i will say but I think his chances of getting in are very high. he's the legendary version of a lord type thats already in the game (doombull) and he seems to be a fan favourite.

basically he was the worlds angriest minotaur, and anyone who looked in his eyes would get their throat bitten out. one day khorne woke up and was like 'poo poo i havent checked in on the beastmen in a while, better send an emissary with a care package to the angriest beastman'. the demon got to taurox and looked in his eyes and taurox bit his throat out. womp wooomp. taurox then proceeded to go on a major league spirit journey from eating the demons blood, and went on a crazy rampage for a year and a day. at the end of the rampage he basically died of exhaustion in a big river of humie blood.

khorne was like 'well you bit out my homies throat but that was pretty cool' and turned his skin into brass and made his twin axes go on fire. but he left taurox's throat all fleshy because i guess don't gently caress with khornes dudes or he will reward you like 1% less than normal. now taurox is a big super angry metal bull who runs around all day chopping stuff and he drinks blood like it's gasoline and burning blood smoke comes out of his mouth and everyone is scared of him. he never gets tired any more and I was going to make a joke about how blood is red and taurox is a bull and red bull is an energy drink but I didn't end up wanting to.

in the end times he gets shot in the throat by markus wulfhart cause the end times was stupid. he is not my favourite LL because he doesn't really have any characterisation beyond ANGY and he would have some dumb instant death mechanic to represent him having a soft throat, even though other doom bulls have a soft everything and dont have a dumb mechanic like that. just put on a neck protector dude.

here is a cool fan mini someone made of him:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Kobal2 posted:

I disagree, I find siege towers not_useless. They allow your dudes to reach the walls in one cohesive block instead of a few trickles that gets killed one by one as they reach the top, without spending their entire energy pool (unlike ladders) and once placed can be used by the rest of your dudes to also climb without getting utterly exhausted at once.

As for "they're slow so your other guys get shot up", on most maps it's trivial to park your entire army in a dead angle and/or hide them in a forest...

I agree however that the ram is naff now that any unit can torch gates ; but I'm fairly certain that's a recent developpment ; I could swear it wasn't the case back in WH1 at least.

Then you need to stick around for several rounds to build a lot of siege towers which i never do. I just always attack settlements directly. Who gives a poo poo if I lose some chaff on my way to the walls? They'll replenish in 1 round. I still win in time spent compared to building siege towers for 3 rounds to cover all my infantry

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Assuming Beastmen get a DLC, Taurox feels like a given but Moonclaw would be rad as hell if they added him in as a Lord Kroak type legendary hero.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kobal2 posted:

It was totally a thing in game 1, sieges haven't changed at all.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fartbox posted:

Then you need to stick around for several rounds to build a lot of siege towers which i never do. I just always attack settlements directly. Who gives a poo poo if I lose some chaff on my way to the walls? They'll replenish in 1 round. I still win in time spent compared to building siege towers for 3 rounds to cover all my infantry

This is typically one of my issues with it. If i feel like i'm gonna handily win i'll always just ladder it. The only times i don't think i'm gonna handily win is against skaven, which get the full tower treatment. Four turns gives you 8 towers, which gives you the walls for free.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so hows the new SFO working out? anyone played around with it yet?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

queeb posted:

so hows the new SFO working out? anyone played around with it yet?

Yeah, I've been playing a Kadrin game, now at turn 65. TBH I'm not experiencing money crunch like other players, I'm at like 66 turns with 72k in the bank and a 2500 income, sustaining 3 mid-tier armies. Judicious use of the ransom post-battle activity has been key; against elite stacks it'll give me like 2500 a victory, and against the endless swarms of Greenskins, that adds up quickly.

In terms of battle speed, it's been pretty much the usual. This patch was meant to slow battles down some but IMO it doesn't feel that slow, and they're still doing ongoing balancing in regards to the army loss leadership penalty.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got the Vampire Counts tearing things up, the old world has been taken over, the tree elves wiped out, most of the humans gone, the dwarves were almost a total non issue and I had planned to tackle the orcs to the east and south of me as they've been on a rampage bender tearing things up. Then the Dark Elves start coming near my territory, sticking around, showing off their dark arks.

Those punks are in for a bruising.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Unless the High Elf ritual of Vaul is in play I don’t think I’ve seen a siege tower destroyed by an AI defender, ever. It’s almost impossible to kill them as a human player against the AI unless you have level 3 towers or a force to sally out and delay them

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Moonclaw feels a bit like Morghur. (Who is also more a weird chaos monster then beast man.)

Honestly I don't mind Taroux's death, cause Markus making the one in a thousand shot to bring the big bull down sounds so him.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

toasterwarrior posted:

Yeah, I've been playing a Kadrin game, now at turn 65. TBH I'm not experiencing money crunch like other players, I'm at like 66 turns with 72k in the bank and a 2500 income, sustaining 3 mid-tier armies. Judicious use of the ransom post-battle activity has been key; against elite stacks it'll give me like 2500 a victory, and against the endless swarms of Greenskins, that adds up quickly.

In terms of battle speed, it's been pretty much the usual. This patch was meant to slow battles down some but IMO it doesn't feel that slow, and they're still doing ongoing balancing in regards to the army loss leadership penalty.

what campaign difficulty? at vh thorgrim was flat out impossible, at vh ungrim lasted until.turn 60 before azhag, eshin and the zhufbar rats, and vampire counts overwhelmed me. slayers wrecked everything they fought but that doesnt help against a 3 front war (or ai that simply raids you into bankruptcy)

battles are also waaay slower than sfo pre grom. feels like ranged units do no damage at all.

that said i started a wulfrick hard game and so far its been pretty fun.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Ammanas posted:

what campaign difficulty? at vh thorgrim was flat out impossible, at vh ungrim lasted until.turn 60 before azhag, eshin and the zhufbar rats, and vampire counts overwhelmed me. slayers wrecked everything they fought but that doesnt help against a 3 front war (or ai that simply raids you into bankruptcy)

battles are also waaay slower than sfo pre grom. feels like ranged units do no damage at all.

that said i started a wulfrick hard game and so far its been pretty fun.

VH campaign/N battle. I guess I got lucky because the Empire hulked the gently caress out and powerslammed the Vampires, while the Greenskins are just funnelling into the killzone at Gunbad and repeatedly getting slaughtered by Ungrim.

Legit dunno what's up with people seeing slow results for ranged damage, they're still the main killers in my Dwarf armies and do it well.

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.
Allow me to set the stage for you fine goons. I'm playing a co-op campaign with my friend, he's Skarsnik, so I decided I'd be Durthu to be nearby and benefit from him spreading far and wide. Fun way to try out the Wood Elves campaign.

Well, over time, each other wood elf faction keeps declaring war on him and then being a pain in my rear end, until we got to Belegar sacking the Oak of Ages. After he was dealt with, Orion decided he'd had enough of the goblins and declared war on them. For the crime of standing with Skarsnik, he decided to also attack the Oak of Ages. At this point Orion then also decided that defying him could only be answered with burning down the whole drat tree, and razed it to the ground.

Now I get this is just "Raze enemy settlement" AI logic, but we were laughing our asses off at Orion's thought process of answering goblins with the destruction of his own kingdom and race.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

juggalo baby coffin posted:

MOONCLAW, SON OF MORRSLIEB

This is another one of those situations where I wish way back in the day theyd've obfuscated some of the lore cause with everything known its like, with this dude and with Morghur, ooo what is the riddle of these spooky dudes? Well it's chaos, it's always chaos. Warhammer (Fantasy especially) hasn't ever really been about mystery but still

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

The Chad Jihad posted:

This is another one of those situations where I wish way back in the day theyd've obfuscated some of the lore cause with everything known its like, with this dude and with Morghur, ooo what is the riddle of these spooky dudes? Well it's chaos, it's always chaos. Warhammer (Fantasy especially) hasn't ever really been about mystery but still

yeah i initially forgot that the waystones were the high elf magic filter things and i thought that moonclaw was like, destroying some type of ancient like wood elf or druidic artifacts and was going make something crazy happen, like some giant monster wakes up, or the evil moon is repelled by a network of waystones and destroying them would let it crash into the world or something. it would be cooler if he was an agent of something more alien than just chaos.

so i am sad to report that i have stumbled on lore that means its more likely that any beastmen vs wood elves lord pack would have Ghorros Warhoof as the legendary lord:

for you see, ghorros murdered Asril, the prince of all unicorns one time and now wears his skull as a hat. the rulebook refers to what happened as an 'unfortunate encounter in a moonlit glade', so possibly they were meeting up for some covert cross-faction sex and the unicorn cummed so hard he died. either way the wood elves are wicked mad that ghorros is wearing their favourite pony as a hat.

Ghorros is the father of all centigors, and not in a metaphorical sense. he was the first centigor and hosed the entire subrace into existence. the rulebook uses a lot of horny words to describe ghorros. he is a centuries-old centigor who is 'forever fighting, rutting, or getting drunk'. he is a pansexual icon and will bang men, women, and beasts. he's always drunk and has special rules for always being drunk. he's also cheerful and boastful compared to the other beastmen lords, so that could be a fun change.

the most recent rulebook just refers to him loving a great deal, not to him doing rapes, and i imagine CA would do a fimir on him anyway and just have him be a classically horny bro instead of a rapey bro. he could be a fun LL if they play up his drunkness or give him some unique mechanic based on it. Ghorros' Magical Microbrewery or something like grom's cauldron. or Ghorros' Sex Cauldron and that's how you unlock some new regiments of renown for his army. really i just wanted to make the simpsons reference.

i have kind of turned around on ghorros based on these newer rules because the older ones implied that he was just a lean, mean raping machine and I was not down with that at all. keep that stuff out of my video games please. i guess there is still some implicit sexual misconduct because who wants to gently caress a centaur?

he has another mechanic called 'sons of ghorros' where the unit of centigors he's attached to get bonus weapon skill and can take hits for him. I guess that would probably translate to a cool banner like grimgor has for his immortulz.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Did Ghorros actually appear in earlier editions? AFAIK, the Beastmen only got two armybooks, and he's not anywhere I can see in the 6e one.

e: And the Sons of Ghorros are already a Beastmen RoR, with Guardian and heavier armour.

Jo Joestar fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jul 5, 2020

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

I thought my Itza campaign was going to be boring judging from the start, easy consolidation of the starting province, smash some neighbouring Skaven provinces into submission, Kroak making absolute short work of any opposition, lets start building up my economy.... and then the war declarations: Pestilens, Skryre, Huntsmen, Blessed Dread, Blue Vipers, Minor Skaven Clan #13

Every province I own is suffering from the plague and constant rebellion, I'm fighting off Skaven doomstacks every turn. My allied Lizardmen are slowly perishing.

thank Chotec for Lord Kroak who has vaporized countless ratmen, now he seems less of an OP starting gift and more a necessary survival tool

itza_campaign.jpeg

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 5, 2020

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Has anyone found any mods to change up the UI to make it bigger/more readable? I often play on the TV and it won't let make the UI larger than 100% natively

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Jo Joestar posted:

Did Ghorros actually appear in earlier editions? AFAIK, the Beastmen only got two armybooks, and he's not anywhere I can see in the 6e one.

e: And the Sons of Ghorros are already a Beastmen RoR, with Guardian and heavier armour.

maybe i am just dumb then. i forget which page i was looking at but it described ghorros as much more rapey which is usually evidence of an older edition.

ive been playing malagor and man it is a tough campaign, you get barely any money or horde growth compared to the newer horde factions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

juggalo baby coffin posted:

yeah i initially forgot that the waystones were the high elf magic filter things and i thought that moonclaw was like, destroying some type of ancient like wood elf or druidic artifacts and was going make something crazy happen, like some giant monster wakes up, or the evil moon is repelled by a network of waystones and destroying them would let it crash into the world or something. it would be cooler if he was an agent of something more alien than just chaos.

so i am sad to report that i have stumbled on lore that means its more likely that any beastmen vs wood elves lord pack would have Ghorros Warhoof as the legendary lord:

for you see, ghorros murdered Asril, the prince of all unicorns one time and now wears his skull as a hat. the rulebook refers to what happened as an 'unfortunate encounter in a moonlit glade', so possibly they were meeting up for some covert cross-faction sex and the unicorn cummed so hard he died. either way the wood elves are wicked mad that ghorros is wearing their favourite pony as a hat.

Ghorros is the father of all centigors, and not in a metaphorical sense. he was the first centigor and hosed the entire subrace into existence. the rulebook uses a lot of horny words to describe ghorros. he is a centuries-old centigor who is 'forever fighting, rutting, or getting drunk'. he is a pansexual icon and will bang men, women, and beasts. he's always drunk and has special rules for always being drunk. he's also cheerful and boastful compared to the other beastmen lords, so that could be a fun change.

the most recent rulebook just refers to him loving a great deal, not to him doing rapes, and i imagine CA would do a fimir on him anyway and just have him be a classically horny bro instead of a rapey bro. he could be a fun LL if they play up his drunkness or give him some unique mechanic based on it. Ghorros' Magical Microbrewery or something like grom's cauldron. or Ghorros' Sex Cauldron and that's how you unlock some new regiments of renown for his army. really i just wanted to make the simpsons reference.

i have kind of turned around on ghorros based on these newer rules because the older ones implied that he was just a lean, mean raping machine and I was not down with that at all. keep that stuff out of my video games please. i guess there is still some implicit sexual misconduct because who wants to gently caress a centaur?

he has another mechanic called 'sons of ghorros' where the unit of centigors he's attached to get bonus weapon skill and can take hits for him. I guess that would probably translate to a cool banner like grimgor has for his immortulz.

Waiting for the dilemma where I can select "I'm gonna gently caress that rock!" and get a bunch of free stone trolls