Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m also saying oh gently caress oh poo poo but it’s to the sand garage floor.

I’m imagining dropping something greasy on that :stonk:

On the other hand, oil spills will be easy as heck to clean up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

EX250: Outside of the dumb headlight and ludicrous price, this looks pretty rad. The ninjette is so flickable and rowdy without the huge fairing. Almost supermoto like.

1290sd: Oh goood I want one of these so bad I considered "it can't be too hard to find a frame and swap over" for a moment.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
If I had more time and space right now I would already be in Illinois throwing that in the back of the truck.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
GUYS.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/560457268204858/

I'm so crazy for these colors and bodystyle and I want it bad but don't need a second bike. I can almost hear the engine screams. Why can't they make these but add traction control and ABS?

Coydog fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 15, 2020

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Coydog posted:

don't need a second bike.

I don’t follow.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
https://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/d/richmond-yamaha-max/7142140551.html

I need a 23 year old V-max like I need a kick in the dick, but holy cow, that is a clean looking bike. Seller says he's "aging out of the sport."

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Because no bike had that tech back then

Buy the F3 and ride it in confidence that there is no way a 90’s 600cc sportbike makes enough torque to spin the tire on you

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Revvik posted:

I don’t follow.

Let me specify; I don't need a second bike that isn't wall to wall traction control and ABS. Especially not a 90s supersport.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Coydog posted:

GUYS.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/560457268204858/

I'm so crazy for these colors and bodystyle and I want it bad but don't need a second bike. I can almost hear the engine screams. Why can't they make these but add traction control and ABS?

You need it.
That's still probably one of the most fun bikes I've ever owned.
It is sooo goddamn nimble.
I used to absolutely spank my buddy on his K4 GSXR750 with my F3.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Aw man. I am absolutely not looking to buy a bike this year, and definitely not one that isn't modern/safe.

And yet I feel like that's the bike I've dreamed of since the 90s.

edit: I keep thinking of that bike slavvy sold where it wasn't very good, but the pictures were so compelling the buyer was convinced it was their dream bike before even showing up.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 16, 2020

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

How is that beautiful F3 only $3k :stonk:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Coydog posted:

Aw man. I am absolutely not looking to buy a bike this year, and definitely not one that isn't modern/safe.

edit: I keep thinking of that bike slavvy sold where it wasn't very good, but the pictures were so compelling the buyer was convinced it was their dream bike before even showing up.

Hold out for a used Z900RS in good shape and buy one of those body kits from the other thread. Have them paint it like this ZX-9R:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

kloa posted:

How is that beautiful F3 only $3k :stonk:

I paid less for mine with 2000 miles in museum condition.

...then I wrecked it 20,000 miles later, sold it for $1800, and got a $3000 check from the insurance company :shrug:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coydog posted:

Why are you assuming it isn’t safe?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Why are you assuming it isn’t safe?

Motorcycles aren't safe htt. I've had so many motorcycles at this point, and none of them have had rider aids. Outside of the supermoto/duelsports, I really could have used them. At this point, I'm just deadset on not buying another bike that won't cover for me if I gently caress up.

Especially not a 100 hp bike with 90s suspension that weighs less than a Hawk GT. :colbert:

Jazzzzz posted:

Hold out for a used Z900RS in good shape and buy one of those body kits from the other thread. Have them paint it like this ZX-9R:

Don't tempt me frodo.

EDIT: No honest man needs more than a trusty NT650.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That's expensive for what you get but they are lovely motorcycles.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The ad is two years old so it might not still be there, but then again, it might; at the local old motorcycle mechanics:

http://www.oldmotorcycleshop.com/advert/1991-gsxr-7-11-in-fantastic-shape/

91 GSXR 7/11 (1100cc motor in a 750's frame), 4200 Canadian

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy poo poo I love those graphics :discourse:

This is why I also love the old oil boiler GSXR’s. You could take a 750 or 1100 bottom end (for the 6 speed transmission as opposed to the Bandits 5-speed), put bandit 1200 pistons and cylinders on it, and top it off with an 1100 head for wilder cams and it would work.

You could also take that engine and put it in a 750 frame (lighter than the 1100 but better suspension than the 600)

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I need a modern bike with those graphics

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
I just need that bike.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

The used market right now 🙄

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I need to get the Multi listed for sale before these prices fall back down to earth

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Revvik posted:

One day these Smurf Eye Bikes are going to be collectible.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
If you painted the top half of the fairing blue, the bottom half beige, and stuck an olive right below the light, it'd be sonic the hedgehog

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Revvik posted:

It's insane for used dirtbikes in the PNW

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/d/mccleary-2012-yamaha-wr-450-plated-with/7153413694.html

It looks like bikes are selling, too!

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Even here in Spokane on the east side, bikes pop up and are gone within hours of posting.

My brother got lucky and was the first to respond to a posting. The seller already had multiple people behind him wanting to buy it and the post was maybe an hour old, plus you can’t even haggle these days with all the interest. It’s pretty nuts :psyduck:

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
I just grabbed a cheap KLR because I had nothing better to do than sit at work refreshing FB listings until one popped up. And it was still more expensive than they were a couple years ago, iirc.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I was planning to pick up a used ninja 250 this summer but now they’re $3000 with 30k miles and a bunch of body damage.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

This kind of makes me want to keep the suspension bits and supermoto wheels from my DR, sell it now, live without a bike for a bit, and buy a more farkled one when prices drop again.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
You’d probably clean up, if DR prices were sane I might have ended up with one instead of the KLR. I just won’t buy one for what they’re commanding right now.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Should I flip my beat up KLR while prices are high??

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

RadioPassive posted:

Should I flip my beat up KLR while prices are high??

ill buy it for $1 thank you

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The cheapest [bike] is the one you own

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Gullous posted:

It's insane for used dirtbikes in the PNW

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/d/mccleary-2012-yamaha-wr-450-plated-with/7153413694.html

It looks like bikes are selling, too!

Most dealer showrooms are 100% sold out of dirt bikes, besides a few outlier models. My roomates are considering roadtripping from WA to CA because that's the closest available TE 150i/150XCE it's loving nuts.

You'd think that'd mean tons of used bikes on the market, but nope! Everyone's riding right now.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

What the gently caress were all these people doing before COVID instead of riding motorbikes

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Going to work and driving their kids to sports

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Yeah, based on the two guys that work for me who I have to tell to gtfo of the office everyday, they were not avoiding their kids that they're now trapped in a house with for 24hrs a day.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Anything recreational is through the loving roof. Remember how people couldn't get rid of old exercise equipment? Posted an ad for a free elliptical bike at the curb, 50 people showed up to pick up. Gone in 30 min

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol the spin class next to my clinic in nashville rented out their bikes for $peloton prices alongside a $150 delivery fee. they’ve rented them ALL

people are nuts