Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1279184151573397508?s=21

Now, you may not immediately think this is cyberpunk, but imagine living in 2000 and seeing that this is twenty years in your future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1279378150594658304

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

That's not true. Russia and Brazil are also totally loving up their COVID response.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

MRC48B posted:

That's not true. Russia and Brazil are also totally loving up their COVID response.

Also isn't the Uk doing super bad?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Also isn't the Uk doing super bad?

there will be adequate coronavirus

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Darth Walrus posted:

Now, you may not immediately think this is cyberpunk, but imagine living in 2000 and seeing that this is twenty years in your future.
I gotta admit, "Give Up And Die" really speaks to me as a shitposter.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Darth Walrus posted:

In 2000 if you told me I’d be unemployed in 2020 I’d be like “yeah, probably. I am a stupid idiot.” It if you told me I’d actually be unemployed because jobs don’t exist anymore since the guy from Home Alone 2 is running the country like it’s a building he wants the poor to move out of, and his response to the existence of a plague was to say “nuh uh” for almost five months, I’d definitely not believe it.

If you told me most likely the aid package to help everyone effected by it is not going to be renewed, despite there being no abatement of said plague, because republicans think the real problem is America is too lazy to work when they’re not completely gripped with all possible forms of existential terror, well... that I would have bought. But the part where Golden New York Land Democrat took over the country and discovered white nationalism and Burger King aren’t effective ruling strategies... I’d tell you to first pull the other one then get out of the way, Daria is on.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

SardonicTyrant posted:

I gotta admit, "Give Up And Die" really speaks to me as a shitposter.

republicans going hard for the millennial vote this time

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
logged in to twitter, saw this, had to :justpost:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lol @ that correction

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Trending in United States v
BAD SMELL

Phoneposting so I can't gently caress with images, but this seems a quality gangtag.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

“Swift and swipian,” is a weird but wonderful... not malapropism, but maybe febrile sputtering?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Its the sound of a brain melting from dementia.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

mysterious frankie posted:

“Swift and swipian,” is a weird but wonderful... not malapropism, but maybe febrile sputtering?

I'm old enough to remember when "strategery" held this crown. :corsair:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

I'm old enough to remember when "strategery" held this crown. :corsair:

We were so basic back then, thinking nukeulerr strategery was the height of national embarrassment based humor. It’s all so hacky in retrospect, having steeped myself for four years in the moving, wryly clever musings of our republican failson celebrity equivalent to Octavio Paz.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

He said let’s roll and that’s like doing a drug hahaha
—-
Meanwhile Trump’s first term has been over here, being Finnegans Stroke.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if the future equivalents of Qanon conspiracy people will pour over transcripts of Trump's meandering, rambling speeches and turn him into some kind of Nostradamus figure who predicted everything thats happening in 2120.

ugh:

ekuNNN has issued a correction as of 21:27 on Jul 5, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lol at 2120

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

cool, very cool
ya love to see 'brands as people' mixed with recruiting children to kill and die in forever war

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ekuNNN posted:

I wonder if the future equivalents of Qanon conspiracy people will pour over transcripts of Trump's meandering, rambling speeches and turn him into some kind of Nostradamus figure who predicted everything thats happening in 2120.

I mean candidate trump is doing a good as hell job of predicting president trump

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

@dril sums up the Elon stan ideal future quite nicely here

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1279812599664619521

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Is decimal point value because "$C1€NC€ |Z 1337"?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

Is decimal point value because "$C1€NC€ |Z 1337"?

I assume he just googled area of mars

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
And converted to imperial smdh

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

exmachina posted:

And converted to imperial smdh

nah google does that by default

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

mysterious frankie posted:

He said let’s roll and that’s like doing a drug hahaha
—-
Meanwhile Trump’s first term has been over here, being Finnegans Stroke.

old man, gasping through his ICU ventilator: dying for drumpf's hydroxychloroquine profits!!

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

i think a lot of people assumed that mike was like most cspammers - significantly to the left of bernie, but advocating for him as the only humane option even though he's not perfect.

that might be the case but it turns out that publicly he is not willing to go any further left than bernie outside of the studio

The left doesn't need a famous spokesperson, we need to teach our people how to stand up on their own, even if no one else will.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
If we can't feed, clothe, and shelter the homeless, the least we can do is arm them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/Mach_Dent/status/1279676293148221441

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Screaming Idiot posted:

If we can't feed, clothe, and shelter the homeless, the least we can do is arm them.

:yeah:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That poo poo's weaksauce. This was Oakland Saturday night:

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpears/status/1279630858995904513

Solid hours of that.

It's hilarious, SF cancelled their annual fireworks show, but instead of fighting and jockeying for position to where I can see without getting squashed by a human morass, I got one that I was able to watch from my stoop, well beyond six feet from the sidewalk.

No footage, I'm afraid. I ain't a snitch.

SwissArmyDruid has issued a correction as of 13:55 on Jul 6, 2020

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/peachdekuu/status/1279870234413936642?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I think I'm losing it

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think I'm losing it

https://twitter.com/leftistmeme/status/1280034294224674816?s=20

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Turbo_hai.gif

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Boywhiz88 posted:

Oof! I hated stuff like that when it affected ratings for my job. Our main metric was “likelihood to recommend.” I had given the client great service, they even said so in the review but they 1-star’d that metric citing “none of my friends use computers.” I don’t blame them for that situation, but it was also like a “drat!” moment.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

one of several reasons that NPS is utter bullshit

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I literally never recommend things/services to anyone

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I refuse to grade people and things now, it's all bullshit and feels dystopian as hell knowing if I don't fake-smile my way through giving this guy 5 stars for everything with extra exclamation points he'll lose his lovely job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

cakesmith handyman posted:

I refuse to grade people and things now, it's all bullshit and feels dystopian as hell knowing if I don't fake-smile my way through giving this guy 5 stars for everything with extra exclamation points he'll lose his lovely job.

I wouldnt be surprised if the algorithms are also weighted so folks who quickly respond with perfect 5s and click every compliment or whatever less weight to avoid people like us 'gaming' the system.
Yes, still dropping anyone who averages less than 4.0 into a hellqueue, and firing anyone who dips below 3.7 or whatever.