Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh no, the Great Goon Schism 2020 is gonna be about oatmeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Americans don't put salt in their oatmeal, because the only oatmeal we eat is the Quaker Oats variety packs that have a metric ton of sugar and dried fruit in them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So do you lot salt the jam that goes with your oatmeal instead?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rydiafan posted:

Americans don't put salt in their oatmeal, because the only oatmeal we eat is the Quaker Oats variety packs that have a metric ton of sugar and dried fruit in them.

:lol: I should have known it's something insane like that.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Only registered members can see post attachments!

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

American oatmeal has other poo poo than oats in it? I'm not surprised but lol. (I add a cubed apple, a dash of cinnamon, and a big spoonful of 100% crunchy peanut butter to mine.)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I normally add water.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

salty porridge is good thanks for coming to my ted talk

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

My, and the only sensible, take on this issue:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

RandomFerret posted:

My, and the only sensible, take on this issue:

This person is the only correct person in forever

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
oatmeal

with chicken salt

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Any sort of porridge is poo poo food for peasants. Enjoy your fuckin shitgruel while I slaughter 10 calves every day and eat only the best cuts of meat and feed the rest to my pet falcons. I then select the best vegetables from a 200-acre farm and burn the rest, washing the selected vegetables with water freshly harvested from a glacier and distilled, then irradiated. My poo poo comes out translucent and fluoresces for four days before it instantly degrades into high-explosive powder. I don’t eat fuckin rocks. I am 197 years old and haven’t greyed a bit yet

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

freeedr posted:

Any sort of porridge is poo poo food for peasants. Enjoy your fuckin shitgruel while I slaughter 10 calves every day and eat only the best cuts of meat and feed the rest to my pet falcons. I then select the best vegetables from a 200-acre farm and burn the rest, washing the selected vegetables with water freshly harvested from a glacier and distilled, then irradiated. My poo poo comes out translucent and fluoresces for four days before it instantly degrades into high-explosive powder. I don’t eat fuckin rocks. I am 197 years old and haven’t greyed a bit yet

So how's that benzo withdrawal -induced brain injury doing, Jordan?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

barbecue at the folks posted:

American oatmeal has other poo poo than oats in it? I'm not surprised but lol. (I add a cubed apple, a dash of cinnamon, and a big spoonful of 100% crunchy peanut butter to mine.)

American oatmeal is a whole section in the store ranging from PLAIN STEEL CUT OATS to flavored instant packets. There is a lot of variety and you can have what you want.

In conclusion, american oatmeal is a land of contrasts.

also post a dang meme once in a while ffs

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

The Bloop posted:

American oatmeal is a whole section in the store ranging from PLAIN STEEL CUT OATS to flavored instant packets. There is a lot of variety and you can have what you want.

In conclusion, american oatmeal is a land of contrasts.

Oh I love these, never let them dissolve though, gotta crunch through that egg.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

What nation is this funny pizza correctly making fun of large, overeating Americans from

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Texas: famous for pizza

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Dr. Oetker is German, though I've never seen that pizza and they don't use English on their packaging. It may very well be that they are selling that in the US market, basically making fun of yanks to their faces.

e: They also have this: https://www.oetker.de/unsere-produkte/ristorante/pasta

Antigravitas has a new favorite as of 16:53 on Jul 6, 2020

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The Bloop posted:

Texas: famous for pizza

I just saw those at the store the other day and i think it's pizza on Texas toast. Which sounds absolutely terrible

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

Dr. Oetker is German, though I've never seen that pizza and they don't use English on their packaging. It may very well be that they are selling that in the US market, basically making fun of yanks to their faces.

They sell that pizza brand here, but never seen the american one...also Dr Oetker was definitely a nazi collaborator.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
RIP Enrico Palazzo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Antigravitas posted:

this pic is from Amsterdam, but I'm sure it'd sell well in the US

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

They sell that pizza brand here, but never seen the american one...also Dr Oetker was definitely a nazi collaborator.

Oooohhh, and how. I found this in the WWII section of the company's Wikipedia page.

quote:

During the 1930s and 1940s, Rudolf-August Oetker was an active member of the Waffen SS of the Third Reich. Mr Oetker provided pudding mixes and munitions to German troops. It is also reported that the business used slave labour in some of its facilities. A bronze bust of Richard Kaselowsky, a prominent German entrepreneur and member of the Nazi party, currently still sits within the company headquarters in Bielefeld

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl4Q08kDScE
:911: :geert:

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 17:15 on Jul 6, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Oh god, no comments on this video yet...I really want to say something.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl4Q08kDScE

The Real Big Taste
America, the land of barbecue, pulled pork and pizza, is grand in every way. With Dr. Big Americans Oetker you just get that unique real American taste at home. Quick to prepare in your own oven and therefore exactly what you want during a relaxed football or movie night. Alone or with friends.

The pizzas have an extra thick bottom and are generously topped, so intense taste and creaminess are guaranteed up to the last bite! The bottom is airy on the inside, but remains crispy on the outside while baking in the oven. The result? The Real Big Taste!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Bloop posted:

also post a dang meme once in a while ffs

Bum Bear's
Fart
porridge

>bum koiro

oh not in the mood for porridge, eh?

it has
poo poo in it

[presented without comment]

I WOULDN'T PLAY AROUND WITH THIS

HA HA HA,

VOI BUM

e: They redesigned the packaging and now it's poo poo :(

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 17:09 on Jul 6, 2020

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
America, the land of...[checks notes]...pizza?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Finland cannot be outmemed

at least in the subcategory of bear memes

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I can’t find the older Big Americans pizza commercial where someone uses the spurs on his boot to slice the pie.

Dr. Oetker has multiple pizza brands. Ristorante is basically the opposite of Big Americans, a thin crust and fancy looking. The kind of frozen pizza you’d get for a dinner date.

At least that is what their commercials try to convince you they are for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNNzgKIK3Bs

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

nexus6 posted:

America, the land of...[checks notes]...pizza?

Pizza is definitely American at this point. In Italy they don't even put dipping sauce!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I've even seen NYC pizza snobs claim that NYC pizza better than Neopolitan pizza bc they don't like the strawberry section (no)

but the Texas is clearly marketing on vague notions of America in Europe

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the weirdest thing about american pizza is that they put ham on their pineapple pizza, why would you put ham on a pizza? that's some weirdo stuff

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

its texas toast pizza

like seriously, its pizza toppings on texas toast

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(It's pretty decent.)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(It's pretty decent.)

that's a sick burn, but also, they do eat reindeer.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Empty Sandwich posted:

I've even seen NYC pizza snobs claim that NYC pizza better than Neopolitan pizza bc they don't like the strawberry section (no)

but the Texas is clearly marketing on vague notions of America in Europe

I think the biggest appeal of NY pizza is that it's somehow the only food around not being inflated to NY prices. You can find 1 buck pizza slices next to 40$/hr parking lots in downtown Manhattan.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I never got what the big deal about eating reindeer was, they're just caribou that can fly. Calm down everyone jeez

Deus Ex Macklemore has a new favorite as of 17:47 on Jul 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

rodbeard posted:

I think the biggest appeal of NY pizza is that it's somehow the only food around not being inflated to NY prices. You can find 1 buck pizza slices next to 40$/hr parking lots in downtown Manhattan.

If you can call that parking :rolleyes: