Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blatman posted:

the weirdest thing about american pizza is that they put ham on their pineapple pizza, why would you put ham on a pizza? that's some weirdo stuff

The pro strat is definitely pineapple and bacon

ham on pizza is usually just wet and disappointing (much like my alone time LMAO)

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

:unsmith:

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

In Norway they have this:

Which is just ham and cheese, which I wouldn’t consider very American. It’s way better than the shitshow of Grandiosa that Norwegians will defend to the hilt but is just cardboard that someone rubbed a tomato on.

Anyway this is what I look forward to once travel is a thing again:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

that's a sick burn, but also, they do eat reindeer.

Reindeer is loving delicious.
R.I.P. Joika since the name and mascot are pretty racist.

Also:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Ham/salami/pepperoni/bacon (any combination including all four) plus pineapple is good. Pro-tier is reached when you include jalapeños.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Yeeeeep.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(It's pretty decent.)

hell yes

e:

Empty Sandwich has a new favorite as of 18:36 on Jul 6, 2020

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Wait. WAIT. Hold the gently caress on. I've always said it "after a while, crocodile." Have I been lied to my entire life? :psyduck:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Moon Slayer posted:

Wait. WAIT. Hold the gently caress on. I've always said it "after a while, crocodile." Have I been lied to my entire life? :psyduck:

nah. that's the way I always said it, too

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Moon Slayer posted:

It’s a regional dialect.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
"in a while" is superior because it matches the cadence of "see you later"

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

you say "after while" don't say the "A" come on people

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

RIP Willie Nelson
1948-2020

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

tangy yet delightful posted:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

dialhforhero posted:

Ham/salami/pepperoni/bacon (any combination including all four) plus pineapple is good. Pro-tier is reached when you include jalapeños.

Correct ! A strongly sweet element like pineapple needs salt and spice to balance it out.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

"in a while" is superior because it matches the cadence of "see you later"

I fervently disagree. "in a while" is naturally an anapest, but it's forced to be a cretic to fit the rhythm. "after a while" is a trochee and an iamb, so it scans better.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

I, too, can language.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Empty Sandwich posted:

I fervently disagree. "in a while" is naturally an anapest, but it's forced to be a cretic to fit the rhythm. "after a while" is a trochee and an iamb, so it scans better.

It's like if Shakespeare had terrible opinions

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Warbird posted:

RIP Willie Nelson
1948-2020

His fiddle couldn't save him this time

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Trocheez nuts

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Empty Sandwich posted:

Strong opinions on iambic pentameter in the meme thread.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ikanreed posted:

It's like if Shakespeare had terrible opinions

people keep giving me too much credit around here

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I eat pizza with pineapple and soy bacon and jalapeño and garlic aioli with a side of chili with garbanzo beans whilst sipping on a homebrewed chipotle chocolate rice IPA while I watch planes take off from treadmills while watching the Star Wars prequels in full screen and reading Harry Potter audiobooks on vinyl and telling my waitress I’m a feminist so for all intensive purposes I don’t need to leave a tip

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

The Maestro posted:

I eat pizza with pineapple and soy bacon and jalapeño and garlic aioli with a side of chili with garbanzo beans whilst sipping on a homebrewed chipotle chocolate rice IPA while I watch planes take off from treadmills while watching the Star Wars prequels in full screen and reading Harry Potter audiobooks on vinyl and telling my waitress I’m a feminist so for all intensive purposes I don’t need to leave a tip

At least you aren't circumcised.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

The Maestro posted:

yea but do you wipe your rear end or is that to gay? also how do feel about steak well done vs non well done and how do you put your tp on the rack?

walla that how you start a derail.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So how's that benzo withdrawal -induced brain injury doing, Jordan?

I think JP is even more insane because he doesn't even eat any vegetables lol

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Jordan Peterson literally has scurvy and that’s what they misdiagnosed as drug abuse lmao because of all his teeth rotting out and “injection wounds” that are actually just his skin breaking down due to lack of nutrients.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Leon Sumbitches posted:

The pizzas have an extra thick bottom and are generously topped, so intense taste and creaminess are guaranteed up to the last bite!

Is this some new genre of erotica I'm not familiar with?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Drone_Fragger posted:

Jordan Peterson literally has scurvy and that’s what they misdiagnosed as drug abuse lmao because of all his teeth rotting out and “injection wounds” that are actually just his skin breaking down due to lack of nutrients.

When you hear hoofbeats you think horses, not disorders that mainly affected transatlantic sailors in the 16th century

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

gonna save this for the next time goons try to riff on a song or poem

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

"Everybody in prison is a cancer" doesn't imply "every cancer is in prison" unless ~ 1/12th of the population is in prison.

yeah it's only 1/32, depending on how you define prison

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Because you guys seem so interested in Big Americans I looked up all of them for you.

Pictures of all of the Big Americans:

There were others named after places, it seems this one isn't sold anymore:

There's also this brand:

Yes, the Boston one is spinach, cheese and onion.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Warbird posted:

RIP Willie Nelson
1948-2020

https://twitter.com/TheTweetOfGod/status/1280199719025668102?s=20

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Americans will put some weird poo poo on pizza but I’m 99.99% sure tuna and corn aren’t common, and no one outside of a city knows what kebab is.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

"city"?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

It’s a regional dialect.

uh-huh

what region?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
things some Americans actually put on pizza: hamburger, cheddar, then when it comes out of the oven, crumbled Doritis, iceberg lettuce

taco pizza

e: viz

Empty Sandwich has a new favorite as of 21:25 on Jul 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Goddamn it "pentameter" means five feet, "iambic pentameter," means five iambs, you don't need "correct pentameter" you just have some form of meter because literally all sentences have meter because it's a measurement

No part of that poem would ever have had "correct pentameter" so the joke doesn't work