Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I have definitely remoted into my home PC to redeem or install something before I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
You guys realize you have to log into a dumbass Ubisoft promo, right? gently caress that noise. Nothing’s worth that.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

AARP LARPer posted:

You guys realize you have to log into a dumbass Ubisoft promo, right? gently caress that noise. Nothing’s worth that.

Ubisoft show has consistently the best part of E3 for years running. They dedicated a dance number to the victims of the Pulse nightclub shooting one year.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

goferchan posted:

Ubisoft show has consistently the best part of E3 for years running. They dedicated a dance number to the victims of the Pulse nightclub shooting one year.

:aaaaa:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
When was that free Total War game coming out? August, right?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
August 13, 2020 and it's free if claimed on that day only.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Chortles posted:

August 13, 2020 and it's free if claimed on that day only.

Which game?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

OAquinas posted:

Which game?
TROY: A Total War Saga.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

baka kaba posted:

I played it recently-ish and I didn't really have trouble following the narrative. I mean it's fragmented at first but then the threads start to tie together, and you start to realise what things are actually a reference to. It's definitely an art piece but I feel like that's more about how it presents and explores its story (which is more of a small, mundane, personal tragedy at the heart of it - but those moments can be bigger and more meaningful for the person affected by them, and that's what the game's expressing)

I may have overstated it. It's not hard to figure out what Dear Esther is about, but piecing together the full tapestry is less of a one and done thing and much is left up to interpretation. What I was mainly getting at is that some people have a tendency to assume that Mystery = Puzzle to be Solved and if you approach Dear Esther from a mechanical perspective like that you're probably going to hate it.

AARP LARPer posted:

A Ubisoft game that requires you to log into Uplay? Unheard of! :monocle:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
watch dogs 2 is very good and one of the top ten games in its genre

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

oh yeah it doesn't wrap up neatly or anything, so I guess some people might be expecting more when it ends. I dunno, I don't think that would really fit the tone though, forensically piecing everything together (not that I have a problem with people trying to work out what everything means though!). that's cool about it not always being the same for every playthrough too

I will watch a dog

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1280284599105568769?s=20

It looks like it might be just the entire day and not right during the conference.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm not leaving my laptop open while I'm at work, I have a cat.

Turn off the lid sensor temporarily.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Worth noting that a big part of Dear Esther is that many components of the story/environments are randomized. Your experience will be substantially different on at least four or so runs. I also strongly recommend Korsakovia, which is basically a similar horrific narrative form from the same devs.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 7, 2020

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
buying Watchdogs 2 used seems like less effort, it's like $4

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

bowmore posted:

buying Watchdogs 2 used seems like less effort, it's like $4

hate to break it to you but you're going to have to log in to those sites too -- and enter payment details!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh noooo, Ubisoft will get the login credentials of the account I already have on Uplaaaaay

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh noooo, Ubisoft will get the login credentials of the account I already have on Uplaaaaay

As a gamer I

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

hate to break it to you but you're going to have to log in to those sites too -- and enter payment details!!
Still better than getting up at 4am

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a moot point anyway, I already posted the tweet with the website saying it's all day and not just the hour window.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a moot point anyway, I already posted the tweet with the website saying it's all day and not just the hour window.
Oh I missed that, that's good

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Waffleman_ posted:

That's not what that says.
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/forward

quote:

On the day of the conference, don't forget to login with your Ubisoft account to claim a free copy of Watch Dogs 2, plus the chance to earn additional in-game rewards.

vs.
https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/41nS5f7EjNSB9Hi7CwSuVz/ubisoft-forward-everything-you-need-to-know

quote:

Ubisoft Forward, a summer celebration of Ubisoft’s upcoming lineup of games and content, is right around the corner! The event will stream live on ubisoft.com/Forward on July 12; here’s everything you need to know to join the celebration, including how you can claim a free copy of Watch Dogs 2.

Tune in to the dedicated Ubisoft Forward stream starting at 10:30 AM PDT with a packed pre-show and free rewards. The Ubisoft News team and friends will be playing Trackmania live on stream, followed by exclusive news, interviews, and a look at upcoming content, including intel about the AI teammates coming to Ghost Recon Breakpoint, news from Just Dance 2020, a deep dive into a much-loved Easter egg from The Division 2, and more! Don't forget to log in with your Uplay account anytime after Trackmania and before the end of the main show to claim a free copy of Watch Dogs 2 on PC, and to get a chance to answer trivia questions and win some rewards for a variety of Ubisoft titles.

If you want to interpret the vague "login that day", as being any time on that day as opposed to their explicit statement that says only from mystery time between 10:30 and noon PDT until 12:45ish PDT that's up to you.

It would certainly make most sense to have it be all day, but nowhere do they suggest that and they do suggest the opposite.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

John Murdoch posted:

I may have overstated it. It's not hard to figure out what Dear Esther is about, but piecing together the full tapestry is less of a one and done thing and much is left up to interpretation. What I was mainly getting at is that some people have a tendency to assume that Mystery = Puzzle to be Solved and if you approach Dear Esther from a mechanical perspective like that you're probably going to hate it.

A Ubisoft game that requires you to log into Uplay? Unheard of! :monocle:

You’re not going to trick me. While you’re watching a video, I will be busy not-watching it. Checkmate.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

AARP LARPer posted:

You’re not going to trick me. While you’re watching a video, I will be busy not-watching it. Checkmate.

I don't need to watch the video, because I already bought Watchdogs 2 like three years ago. And subsequently :ghost: logged into Uplay :ghost: in order to play it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I too bought it three years ago but I've kept myself purer than yourself by not even installing it since I bought it! pleasesendhelp

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Another good thing in Dear Esther is that there are a few little ghostly figures here and there, and I've watched quite a lot of people play through it on youtube (I really, really like the game) but the only guy who spotted one of them thought it was a rendering error.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I too bought it three years ago but I've kept myself purer than yourself by not even installing it since I bought it! pleasesendhelp

Reenacting the end of Schindler's List as the economy crumbles around me, crying as I ask how many cell phone payments the unplayed games in my account could have paid for.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I got you both beat, it came for free with my video card, I redeemed it via email, and have subsequently never touched it. TAKE THAT, UBISOFT. :smugbert:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Killing Floor 2, Lifeless Planet, and The Escapists 2 are free on EGS this week

Next week is Torchlight 2

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I already owned The Escapists 2 on EGS which means it has been free on EGS before. Have other games started cycling too or is it the first?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
They've cycled a couple before, yeah.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-ismbvR9g

In case you missed that blast of text at the end, SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE will be given to everyone who bought the original SUPERHOT (free giveaways like Twitch Prime or the Epic Holiday thing don't count) before its release on July 16th. Check the release FAQ for more info, and for what Origin, Switch and Itch.io owners will have to do to get their copies (everyone else will get theirs automagically).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

FFT posted:

I already owned The Escapists 2 on EGS which means it has been free on EGS before. Have other games started cycling too or is it the first?

People have been waiting for months for it to be the free game, so it might have been something else.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sure glad I didn't pay money for Lifeless Planet

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Does Killing Floor 2 have PC/console crossplay?

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

It does not, IIRC. However it does have dual wielding .500 Nitro revolvers, so that's kind of the same thing.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Is Escapists2 co-op 1+1 only?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

~Coxy posted:

Unite with up to 3 friends to create the ultimate escape crew and engineer the wildest escapes yet!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

~Coxy posted:

VVV thanks for that. Believe it or not, I did read both the Epic and the Steam store pages for E2 and didn't see it...

Edit: failed future-quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I played a bunch of Killing Floor 2 on PS4, it's a ton of fun but I don't know if I have the heart to start grinding out those classes again. I'd definitely recommend it if you haven't tried it though.