Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

I had this in germany once and think it's the best foreign attempt at american pizza. Who among us hasn't thought, while eating a pizza crust, "you know what would make this better? a hot dog in side of it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I guess Benghazi's finally goin' away...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol at any of those other than "extra cheese" and "pepperoni" being standard american toppings.

You can't even get many of those at any normal pizza place even if you somehow wanted to. That's some ninja turtles poo poo

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I had this in germany once and think it's the best foreign attempt at american pizza. Who among us hasn't thought, while eating a pizza crust, "you know what would make this better? a hot dog in side of it".

Do the two sausage ends exist somewhere in that crust or did they use dark magic to somehow create a perfectly toroidal hot dog?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I believe the steady state hot dog hypothesis has been debunked for some time and the science now favors the idea that the hot dog has a beginning and an end.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

RandomFerret posted:

Pizza is definitely American at this point. In Italy they don't even put dipping sauce!

Next bullshit you'll tell me that they don't roll cheese into the crust in Old Napoli

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Somfin posted:

Goddamn it "pentameter" means five feet, "iambic pentameter," means five iambs, you don't need "correct pentameter" you just have some form of meter because literally all sentences have meter because it's a measurement

No part of that poem would ever have had "correct pentameter" so the joke doesn't work

u mad? :newlol:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

DontMockMySmock posted:

Do the two sausage ends exist somewhere in that crust or did they use dark magic to somehow create a perfectly toroidal hot dog?

Do you doubt superior German meatgineering?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Antigravitas posted:

Do you doubt superior German meatgineering?

The proper term is Fleischkunst.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

German continuous sausage is actually made of thousands of tiny links and each one has individual oil reservoirs in the linkages that have to be refilled manually.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm shocked that I have not seen a variant of this at Aldi as well as purchased one.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

I can’t find the older Big Americans pizza commercial where someone uses the spurs on his boot to slice the pie.

Dr. Oetker has multiple pizza brands. Ristorante is basically the opposite of Big Americans, a thin crust and fancy looking. The kind of frozen pizza you’d get for a dinner date.

At least that is what their commercials try to convince you they are for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNNzgKIK3Bs

Yeah, I was about to say... Ristorante pizzas from Dr Oetker (Dr Oetlul more like am I right) are a Food of Shame you're supposed to eat by yourself

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Carbon dioxide posted:

Because you guys seem so interested in Big Americans I looked up all of them for you.

Pictures of all of the Big Americans:

As a Big American I would like to point out that we are actually soft outside and crispy inside.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The direst pizza is Billys Pan Pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzHH21J0UC8

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I would eat all of those and I make no apologies

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

I believe the steady state hot dog hypothesis has been debunked for some time and the science now favors the idea that the hot dog has a beginning and an end.

With that settled, can we move on to researching sausage-crust pizza?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

DontMockMySmock posted:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Killer robot posted:

I think I've seen pizza with small sausages in the crust around the edges

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Killer robot posted:

Lou Malnati’s gluten free pizza is on a bed of sausage

https://www.loumalnatis.com/blog/crustless-not-your-average-deep-dish/

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm shocked that I have not seen a variant of this at Aldi as well as purchased one.

I got mine at Penny, I don't think I ever saw it at any of the bigger stores.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

WHEN WILL CHICAGO BE STOPPED

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

My, and the only sensible, take on this issue:

LifeSunDeath posted:

Oh I love these, never let them dissolve though, gotta crunch through that egg.

These are all my 3yo rn

Unrelated but very appreciated:

CPColin posted:

RIP Enrico Palazzo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheDoctorCarson/status/1280214949684486147

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Somfin posted:

Goddamn it "pentameter" means five feet, "iambic pentameter," means five iambs, you don't need "correct pentameter" you just have some form of meter because literally all sentences have meter because it's a measurement

No part of that poem would ever have had "correct pentameter" so the joke doesn't work

except "iambic pentameter"

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

kim cattrall definitely dodged a date with one of the mcpoyles

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Azhais posted:

I bet 95% of the people on this forum weren't even born when his most famous soundtrack was done

Ennio Morricone

the opening track to John Carpenter's The Thing?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i mean...i would think that nearly anyone would have this reaction no matter the context, not just an ikea employee

workshop: might be better as "me: takes a dump in the toilet" or such

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dash Rendar posted:

the opening track to John Carpenter's The Thing?

Well, he did get nominated for a Golden Raspberry for that one I suppose

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which is dumb because the thing has a great soundtrack.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
jokes aside, people didn't "get" The Thing when it released. it came out at the same time as E.T. and crashed. Ebert panned it, people walked out of theatres in disgust, and Carpenter's promos in Letterman at the time were awkward as gently caress.

The Thing earned its rep over time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Thing is one of my two favourite films tied with Alien.

Just goes to show people in the past were garbo.

Also ebert didn't like anything that was at all like a slasher film because he was a big dumb nerd.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
por exemple:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

same but the steamed hams simpsons bit

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Like it's literally your job to be good at appreciating films and you cannot appreciate The Thing, what even are you for, a useless human is what.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

All yall flabbergasted at the Big Americans pizzas have to remember that to most of the world, America is the most ridiculous place on earth. You can attribute basically anything stupid and weird to america and its extremely believable to most anyone.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The thing is such a good film, I am of course referring to the 2011 version

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Biplane posted:

All yall flabbergasted at the Big Americans pizzas have to remember that to most of the world, America is the most ridiculous place on earth. You can attribute basically anything stupid and weird to america and its extremely believable to most anyone.

Isn't it warranted, considering, for example, in Montana people are by law prohibited from eating jacket potatoes because of some 200 year old dispute with Canada?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

oldpainless posted:

The thing is such a good film, I am of course referring to the 2011 version

It is indeed superior, in all, ways

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Paladinus posted:

Isn't it warranted, considering, for example, in Montana people are by law prohibited from eating jacket potatoes because of some 200 year old dispute with Canada?

Say what, now?

Content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO