Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
One of Lucas' good ideas was to insist the EU isn't allowed to talk about Yoda's origins at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Garrand posted:

Who thought SURPRISE fireworks was a good idea?

This was literally the plot of an episode of 30 Rock. Although at the time it came out, it was more of a reference to 9/11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdKpr6UqgR0&t=108s

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Samuringa posted:

thanks to the brave souls willing to stand up for dead rapists

What? I'm not standing up for him, honest question if the media paid attention to it at all, or if everyone used the 'don't speak ill of the dead' excuse to ignore it.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

One of Lucas' good ideas was to insist the EU isn't allowed to talk about Yoda's origins at all.

I sat here for a couple of seconds thinking, what power does George Lucas have over the European Union, then I figured out it's probably supposed to be extended universe

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Jul 3, 2020

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I sat here for a couple of seconds thinking, what power does George Lucas have over the European Union

The Disney buy out had some weird and unexpected clauses.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yoda can talk normally but he chooses not to because he thinks it’s funny.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

RandomFerret posted:

No, he's just old enough that the language has evolved and he hadn't kept up. Talked like that everyone did 900 years ago.

Oh poo poo he's basically like a living caveman

e: oh poo poo there was also another page after the post I was replying to

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Any Jedi padawan who calls him out is immediately promoted to Master because finally someone had the balls to do it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

BioEnchanted posted:

Any Jedi padawan who calls him out is immediately promoted to Master because finally someone had the balls to do it.

This is why Anakin went dark side. He kept calling yoda out on his poo poo but wasn't granted the rank of master

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Every time I see the name "Yoda" on the forums, I think about the one with the brown wig & green fleshlight. :smithicide:

edit: I'm not going to look it up, just don't imagine it or Google it yourself

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

No, he's just old enough that the language has evolved and he hadn't kept up. Talked like that everyone did 900 years ago.

That would be cool even tho language evolves way faster then that

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Language moves much slower in space.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Every time I see the name "Yoda" on the forums, I think about the one with the brown wig & green fleshlight. :smithicide:

That’s Yaddle. Now try to forget.

O____O
Jan 7, 2020

by Athanatos

YeahTubaMike posted:

That's yaddle, so don't worry your little head about it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ghost Leviathan posted:

WE. DON'T. TALK. ABOUT. THE. YODAS.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

That’s Yaddle. Now try to forget.

O____O posted:

That's yaddle, so don't worry your little head about it

Too late.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DUKE CANNON DOESN’T FEAR THE KUNG FLU.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

DUKE CANNON DOESN’T FEAR THE KUNG FLU.

Am I missing something? All I’m seeing is regular weird soap.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Duke Cannon was a meme for like twenty pages in this thread and spawned an offshoot in GBS.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I appreciate that it seems all Duke Cannon products have the description “big” in them

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

oldpainless posted:

I appreciate that it seems all Duke Cannon products have the description “big” in them

Well it's not Duke Derringer.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Everything coming to Quibi sounds like it's GPT2-generated:

quote:

Biggest Little Cook-Off: Befitting the bite-size nature of Quibi's content, chefs on this comedic competition series will battle it out to create the best single bite of food. (We're talking sushi on a single grain of rice.) Andy Samberg will host, executive-produce, and as he notes, "still be hungry after the shows."

quote:

YouTube star Liza Koshy hosts this bizarre spin on competitive dance shows, in which two teams attempt to perform rehearsed routines on a floor that "lifts, tilts, drops, shakes, and spins in time to the music." As if that weren't enough, they'll also be plagued by surprise obstacles.

quote:

This unique cooking competition series hosted by Tituss Burgess will begin each episode by blasting a food dish into two blindfolded chefs' faces with a cannon. The chefs will then attempt to identify the dish and race to recreate it, with a prize going to whoever comes closest. (Guest judges will include Wolfgang Puck, Jane Krakowski, and Dan Levy.)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like the idea of that middle one, just not enough to get a Quibi account. It reminds me of a round in a UK children's horror themed game show I used to watch called Terror Towers which had a room where the gimmick was that it was upside down, and teetering on a peaked roof, and the kids had to build a snake puzzle out of blocks without it falling over as the room tipped from side to side.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Finally, UHF has been realized.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

God I want more episodes of Conan the Librarian

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

American Ninja Dancer

...yes I would watch this

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

BioEnchanted posted:

I like the idea of that middle one, just not enough to get a Quibi account. It reminds me of a round in a UK children's horror themed game show I used to watch called Terror Towers which had a room where the gimmick was that it was upside down, and teetering on a peaked roof, and the kids had to build a snake puzzle out of blocks without it falling over as the room tipped from side to side.

It's also probably already a Japanese game show.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
https://twitter.com/ryanmasri_/status/1280195665302376453?s=21

Hilarious transition to an ad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wasn’t it also Applebee’s in the infamous Battlestar Galactica soup commercial?

Edit: nope looks like that one was for crackers.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm not convinced that this is a dumb marketing move, because it's from Idlib in Syria

https://twitter.com/AnalystMick/status/1280186311870238720

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

:911:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
So somebody made a funny little photoshop of a “Karen” American Girl.
https://twitter.com/adampadilla/status/1277700699141349376?s=21
Somebody mentioned it to American Girl, and they weren’t happy about it.
https://twitter.com/american_girl/status/1279827849499873281?s=21
At some point between yesterday and today the lawyers they have must have explained what a parody is, and now they’re singing a different tune.
https://twitter.com/american_girl/status/1280290359684337669?s=21

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1279997063208431616

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Aphrodite posted:

Wasn’t it also Applebee’s in the infamous Battlestar Galactica soup commercial?

Edit: nope looks like that one was for crackers.

I loving remember that. Two old men drunk, trying to kill themselves while crying smash cut to "Cheese wiz adds personality, personality!".

May have been just the Canadian channel with that tho

Edit: k so this was a totally different scene, with Dee. Ours was well when Saul tells Bill the truth and holds a gun to his head

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

bunnyofdoom posted:

I loving remember that. Two old men drunk, trying to kill themselves while crying smash cut to "Cheese wiz adds personality, personality!".

May have been just the Canadian channel with that tho

Edit: k so this was a totally different scene, with Dee. Ours was well when Saul tells Bill the truth and holds a gun to his head

You edited but I went to the trouble of finding this so here you all go: https://youtu.be/CEDjAFi7oJ4

E: rofl I completely forgot the song, I thought it was just the visual

misguided rage has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Jul 7, 2020

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Memento posted:

I'm not convinced that this is a dumb marketing move, because it's from Idlib in Syria

https://twitter.com/AnalystMick/status/1280186311870238720

That is a wonderful spoof of 5.11.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm the facial hair on Baby Shaggy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

On the other hand, bring this version to life in a film and I will care about the franchise for the first time

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Put that Scooby down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Darthemed posted:

Put that Scooby down.

Um, ok.

Scooby, If your brains were dynamite, there wouldn't be enough to blow your hat off!

Like that?