Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Ahhh poo poo, this is gonna be the Arian Schism all over again isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

am i allowed to say die cis scum again? because it's true tbh

Cat Potency
Aug 13, 2006

Chairman Meow

Moon Slayer posted:

Then they'd better not do it with quotes that are extremely racist.

Please don't probe LoB, they're doing the Lord's work. And don't probe The Saddest Rhino, either, if they ever come out of retirement

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Cat Potency posted:

Please don't probe LoB, they're doing the Lord's work. And don't probe The Saddest Rhino, either, if they ever come out of retirement

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

trickybiscuits posted:

Both had C. S. "If even a single person does not understand that the big lion is Jesus I will set myself on fire" Lewis as a professor. Between Susan Cooper and Elizabeth Marie Pope's The Perilous Gard, it's no wonder that I got a largely-useless degree in medieval literature and became obsessed with prehistoric Britain. (Fun fact: The Perilous Gard and Jones's Fire and Hemlock are both retellings of the Tam Lin story.

High-five for excellent literary taste. There's also Pamela Dean's retelling, but I didn't much care for it.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Cat Potency posted:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

All right, I'll have the probation retracted. Just ... don't post unsourced hateful quotes. Dumb, angry, sure, whatever, but not the hateful stuff.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

T-man posted:

"the cis scum"

Moon Slayer posted:

All right, I'll have the probation retracted. Just ... don't post unsourced hateful quotes. Dumb, angry, sure, whatever, but not the hateful stuff.

would that quote have been suitable material for the thread if it were in quote blocks? it does seem like the intensity of the racism outweighs the stupidity value

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 04:38 on Jul 7, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Typical mod, more like goodpost slayer

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I 😊 will be live, defending myself with chat logs and audio files to prove my innocence, on 🔛 the Dick Masterson show 📺 this Sunday. I 😀 will not be reading 📘 replies to this or arguing with the internet 🌐 poison ☠ hate 😡 mob. I 😊 have 🈶 never had a chance to respond to a single 🇸🇮 accusation, and I 😀 will loving cover every drat thing 🐘 this Sunday. Feel free 🆓 to fill this thread 🧵 with baseless accusations that I 😊 beat women 🙆 or whatever the gently caress the internet 📶 mob thinks. 🤔 Bye

In a completely stunning move I 😊 absolutely could never have 🈶 predicted, the woman 👩‍🌾 accusing me of bullshit assault charges has been caught trying 🇹🇷 to illegally change ownership of SA's 🈂️ ad revenue from the site to her own personal name.

Wouldn't it be just really strange if a drunk 🍺 bipolar woman 👩‍🔬 who accused me of assault not only tried to secretly change the ad revenue account to her name, but then also proceeded to take over the official SA 🈂️🈂️🈂️ Facebook page? Despite not being 🇧🇪 employed or affiliated with SA 🈂️ in any way? ↕️ Weird, 👽 it's almost like 💖 there's an agenda here 📌 and has been from the very start.......

A toxx thread 🧵 where people 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 can bet 🎰 if I'm going to be found guilty or innocent. 😇 If I'm guilty, the bipolar alcoholic gets 🉐 the money. 💴 But on 🔛 the other hand, 🤲 when I'm found innocent 😇 and the case is dismissed, I 😊 get 🉐 the money. 💵

That will let you 😊 know it all motherfuckers put your money 💴 where your mouth 👅 is. This is the fucken best idea 💡 I've had in decades

oh, if you 😊 were one 1️⃣ of the unfortunately souls who happened to read 📕 that 100% cringe article on 🔛 SA 🈂️ where the author apologized to furries or whatever, please 🙏 accept 🉑 my sincere apologies. I 😀 obviously was not aware of its wretched existence.

I 😀 have 🈶 edited the article to make it "better," and again, please 🙏 accept 👍 my humble apology.

Cat Potency
Aug 13, 2006

Chairman Meow

LordSaturn posted:

would that quote have been suitable material for the thread if it were in quote blocks? it does seem like the intensity of the racism outweighs the stupidity value

It's hateful... not as hateful as saying, for example, "die homo scum". Falls just short of that.

Its funny because someone out there thinks that giving POC 20 grand each and sending them off to homestead on the African continent is somehow a solution to American Racism.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I 😊 will be live, defending myself with chat logs and audio files to prove my innocence, on 🔛 the Dick Masterson show 📺 this Sunday. I 😀 will not be reading 📘 replies to this or arguing with the internet 🌐 poison ☠ hate 😡 mob. I 😊 have 🈶 never had a chance to respond to a single 🇸🇮 accusation, and I 😀 will loving cover every drat thing 🐘 this Sunday. Feel free 🆓 to fill this thread 🧵 with baseless accusations that I 😊 beat women 🙆 or whatever the gently caress the internet 📶 mob thinks. 🤔 Bye

In a completely stunning move I 😊 absolutely could never have 🈶 predicted, the woman 👩‍🌾 accusing me of bullshit assault charges has been caught trying 🇹🇷 to illegally change ownership of SA's 🈂️ ad revenue from the site to her own personal name.

Wouldn't it be just really strange if a drunk 🍺 bipolar woman 👩‍🔬 who accused me of assault not only tried to secretly change the ad revenue account to her name, but then also proceeded to take over the official SA 🈂️🈂️🈂️ Facebook page? Despite not being 🇧🇪 employed or affiliated with SA 🈂️ in any way? ↕️ Weird, 👽 it's almost like 💖 there's an agenda here 📌 and has been from the very start.......

A toxx thread 🧵 where people 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 can bet 🎰 if I'm going to be found guilty or innocent. 😇 If I'm guilty, the bipolar alcoholic gets 🉐 the money. 💴 But on 🔛 the other hand, 🤲 when I'm found innocent 😇 and the case is dismissed, I 😊 get 🉐 the money. 💵

That will let you 😊 know it all motherfuckers put your money 💴 where your mouth 👅 is. This is the fucken best idea 💡 I've had in decades

oh, if you 😊 were one 1️⃣ of the unfortunately souls who happened to read 📕 that 100% cringe article on 🔛 SA 🈂️ where the author apologized to furries or whatever, please 🙏 accept 🉑 my sincere apologies. I 😀 obviously was not aware of its wretched existence.

I 😀 have 🈶 edited the article to make it "better," and again, please 🙏 accept 👍 my humble apology.

Now that's solidarity 😂🙏💪💪😍😍🤔☺️☺️☺️

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

Thank you. I've been meaning to type up a big effort post about how even knowing the gimmick it makes me uncomfortable seeing huge walls of hate speech dumped without warning or context.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lottery of Babylon and The Saddest Rhino are staples of the IOSM thread, especially when people start arguing when them. The only difference is they don't use pictures of posts and just paste them exactly. I trust their judgement :colbert:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

T-man posted:

dye cis cum

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Grosdoriane/status/1279856201342353409?s=19

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

bony tony posted:

dye cis cum

That would be a good way to identify them

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Britain gave material support to the Confederacy. Partially just to gently caress with America, but also because their textile industry needed cheap Southern cotton for Dickensian orphans to lose fingers turning into fabric.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I like that Harry is now the Woke Prince, but
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1280151567228981256?s=20

could you be slightly more specific when you say "someone somewhere" is benefitting from systemic racism? Grandson of the Queen of England?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

BrigadierSensible posted:

Re: JK Rowling's achievements in pushing the honourable ship of literature further than it was before.

Now we know she is a horrible TERF, and seems to want to devote this part of her life to hating on innocent trans people.

But I would argue if you can distance her books from that, (and I can understand if you can't), she actually did do some good.

She got kids reading, and excited about reading. As the series went on, the books got bigger and bigger, so she got kids to not be scared of big heavy long books. Hermione is a fairly decent, (for a kids book), female protagonist with agency, flaws, and a sort of arc. The big brush stroke themes of teh early books of "look, this guy is clearly the baddy, no wait, he is actually a secret goody with reasons you didn't know, and the guy you thought was a goody is actually the baddy", is an interesting twist for the 11-14yo who should be reading it. And probably some other stuff too.

I know none of this is groundbreaking, and there are probably 10 other authors who did all of that and more both better and before. Also, most importantly none of it justifies her inexplicable hate towards trans people. But the HP book series did do a lot of good for some kids

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?s=20

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Moon Slayer posted:

You're doing good work but imo let Lottery of Babylon and The Saddest Rhino run the gimmick and nobody else, maybe a token probe if reported

Can't say I speak for all but I'm comfortable with that level of chaos

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Lottery of Babylon and The Saddest Rhino are staples of the IOSM thread, especially when people start arguing when them. The only difference is they don't use pictures of posts and just paste them exactly. I trust their judgement :colbert:

:hmmyes:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Bismuth posted:

That would be a good way to identify them
If you're at the cum phase, you're already in pretty deep

e: or not, no judgment

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
People calling LoB "some SA troll" in the IoSM thread of all places. Disgraceful.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Make IoSM great again, reinstate cashcrab

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Roblo posted:

People calling LoB "some SA troll" in the IoSM thread of all places. Disgraceful.
Not sure how it's his fault, but I'm blaming Lowtax for this.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Elysiume posted:

If you're at the cum phase, you're already in pretty deep

e: or not, no judgment

We must do handshakes way differently

bhangraton
Aug 20, 2010

Cat Potency posted:

It's hateful... not as hateful as saying, for example, "die homo scum". Falls just short of that.

Its funny because someone out there thinks that giving POC 20 grand each and sending them off to homestead on the African continent is somehow a solution to American Racism.

Have you heard of Marcus Garvey

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Moon Slayer posted:

starting your tenure at the post office by having the cat put down huh

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

T-man posted:

now you've reminded me of "down with cis"

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
This isn't even top five dumbest things in that post but I love hashtags like #incident that're so hopelessly vague that they could never really be of value to anyone.

#post #stuff #talking

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Miss posted:

now you've reminded me of "down with cis"

Down with Cis sort of thing.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Roblo posted:

Down with Cis sort of zing.

:cmon:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Look as long as it makes cis people sad I'm happy, Im a simple women with complex ideas about gender power dynamics and cishetronormativity.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Pookah posted:

drat right, both immeasurablely better writers than terfkrowling. Check out the hounds of the morrigan by pat o'shea for really excellent ya fiction for irish kids.

I love Susan Cooper so much, I nicked a Dark is Rising compilation from the school library when I was finishing primary school. I was the only one who read it :colbert: (I still have that copy)

The other great thing about Hounds of the Morrigan (well, one of many great things, but a great thing that wasn't in the book itself) was that it did the "here's the kids' book edition and here's the grownup edition with with the classy Celtic-ish cover so people don't know you're reading a kids' book" thing long before Bloomsbury tried it with HP.

Chubby Henparty posted:

They made one, it was awful, just Hollywood trying to snap up licenses during potterhobbitmania.

Good call on hounds of the morrigan, I remember reading that and I'm sure at least one more series steeped in celtic folklore with a returned merlin with a funny name (except it was post apocalyptic and the hero kid controls the weather?)

The Changes trilogy by Peter Dickinson. Not so much a trilogy as 3 books with the same background (UK reverts to mediaeval times) but The Weathermonger is the one you're remembering, with Geoffrey the weatherworking hero and his sister driving across England in a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost to find out it's Merlin what dunnit.

(It also does better than JKR on the racial representation front - the 3rd book, The Devil's Children, is about a Sikh family all the local yokels decide are elves who set themselves up as smiths and kick the crap out of the local robber baron in his boilerplate armour cosplay.)

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Preaching to the choir here but it never raises eyebrows for those supposed feminists that they’ve essentialized being a “real” woman” to having ovaries, bearing children, and shaving your body hair. Nor do they seem to care about cis women being kicked out of bathrooms for having shaved heads or something.

Yeah, I'm a 50ish white cis UK feminist and it weirds the gently caress out of me that what I thought were utterly vanilla opinions ("other people's genitals and gender expression are none of my business" and "I don't care who else uses the toilet and how as long as they don't leave pee on the seat") make me a witch-burning betrayer of ~true womanness~ these days. The number of people my age I've had to explain to that no, Forstatner was an obnoxious loving git who wasn't fired, she just didn't get her contract renewed because of being an unrelentingly obnoxious loving git is frankly worrying.

Oh well, gently caress it. Pass me a flaming torch, would you?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Thanks to my choice of operating system I was spared from having to view emoji. First they would just render as tofu, then later they would render in black and white, and that was fine.

Some update made them render in colour and I am not okay with this. Help. I want to go back.

T-man posted:

I have this in my bookmarks because it brings me joy. I've probably posted it around sa before. I hope you enjoy it as well:

https://i.imgur.com/Q78h1iJ.mp4

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

T-man posted:

Eat my entire rear end in a top hat you dumb pile of loving poo poo. Glad to hear you think suicide is so good drat funny. How about you kill yourself? Peak loving comedy forums posting, huh?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

d3lness posted:

Eat my entire rear end in a top hat you dumb pile of loving poo poo. Glad to hear you think suicide is so good drat funny. How about you kill yourself? Peak loving comedy forums posting, huh?

Lmaaaaao. I don’t know how you are able to make em pop up like that T-Man but amazing.

Boywhiz88 has a new favorite as of 12:12 on Jul 7, 2020

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

d3lness posted:

d3lness posted:

*Clears ignorant male white throat*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
If your gimmick is you post racist screeds indistinguishable from someone just posting racist screeds sincerely, it's a bad gimmick. Someone coming into the thread shouldn't need special knowledge of "no that's the person who says racist poo poo, but it's ironic because they're pretending they are the one that's saying racist poo poo but it's secretly someone else saying the racist poo poo!"

Piell has a new favorite as of 12:45 on Jul 7, 2020