Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You could even just open an Etsy store and custom make them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Surely that's a piss take.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Ok, Millennial
The family-friendly game of hilarious Boomer and Millennial stereotypes.

We’re excited to share Ok, Millennial with the world. Ok, Millennial is a hilarious new party game that is actually safe to play with your parents.
Our game pokes good-natured fun at Millennials and Boomers alike, touching on the best stereotypes and experiences of each generation. From an “emotional support peacock” to “still having a landline,” we leave no stone unturned.

The best part is that Ok, Millennial is easy to pick up and start playing right away! No wasted hours trying to teach drunk family members the rules.

What do I get?

Each game comes with 75 “question” cards along with 375 “answer” cards, each containing an LOL-worthy stereotype or cultural observation about a Boomer or Millennial. Every question card works with Boomer or Millennial - or make up your own group to tease! Coin not included. We recommend asking the nearest Boomer if you need one!

Analog: The simplest productivity system

Analog is a physical companion for your digital tools that helps you prioritize and focus on your most important tasks.
How many times have you taken out your phone to check your to-do list only to find yourself pulled into the black hole of digital distractions?
Digital apps are great for capturing things, but they’re not great at helping us put those things into action.

Each Analog Card Pack include 50 cards - enough cards to get you through an entire month (with a few extras in case you need to start over).
35 Today Cards
10 Next Cards
5 Someday Cards
The 3″x5″ cards are printed on 100# smooth uncoated paper that feels great to write on. The cards come neatly packed in a custom die cut box which comes in handy for storing extras or taking them on the go.

Edit:Hell even better actual card stock

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 08:35 on Jul 7, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hub Cat posted:

Analog: The simplest productivity system

Analog is a physical companion for your digital tools that helps you prioritize and focus on your most important tasks.
How many times have you taken out your phone to check your to-do list only to find yourself pulled into the black hole of digital distractions?
Digital apps are great for capturing things, but they’re not great at helping us put those things into action.

Each Analog Card Pack include 50 cards - enough cards to get you through an entire month (with a few extras in case you need to start over).
35 Today Cards
10 Next Cards
5 Someday Cards
The 3″x5″ cards are printed on 100# smooth uncoated paper that feels great to write on. The cards come neatly packed in a custom die cut box which comes in handy for storing extras or taking them on the go.

Edit:Hell even better actual card stock

This is clearly someone out to either scam idiots or make fun of them and I approve of it.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

It's definitely aimed at the people who are way deep into the bullet journal lifestyle which uses similar symbols to mark tasks done and separates them into today/soon/later style categories.

Some people are really into the aesthetic of fancy notebooks and paper and stuff. I mean, I am too, but I'm too cheap to buy any of this stuff these days.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Forget magic cars, this guy just invented . . . net bags.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mindboxx/airbagtm-finally-a-bad-ss-reusable-bag-youll-really-love

Look how cool you could be.

I have a couple mesh bags, one cotton, one synthetic. They are fine. No good for tiny things like pens or change, but okay. I'm pretty sure they basic design has been around for, like, centuries? It's a design I've always associated with old ladies. Maybe on Coronation Street or old movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opviTyq9K58

He's so pleased with himself.

From some time ago, but I am rolling that someone Kickstarted a thing I have several crochet patterns for sitting on my hard drive, and have had them for some time.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AngryRobotsInc posted:

From some time ago, but I am rolling that someone Kickstarted a thing I have several crochet patterns for sitting on my hard drive, and have had them for some time.

Nothing is more kick*ss than crochet.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
ok there's no way this isn't a troll at that retail price lmao

insta
Jan 28, 2009
:homebrew:

physical materials subscription

Surprised there isn't DRM in the form of a slot in the wooden holder.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
There's a wodge of thermite attached to a bluetooth transceiver, in the event that you stop subscription.

Also, Cards Against Grandma? Cool, cool.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

insta posted:

physical materials subscription

Surprised there isn't DRM in the form of a slot in the wooden holder.

ARM in this case, surely?

insta
Jan 28, 2009
Using non-approved cards causes the Bluetooth integration on the wooden dock to disconnect.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You know that tiresome drawer full of tongs we all have? What if you could replace tongs with a gadget half the size of tongs that you add cutlery to to make tongs whenever you need a tong?

https://i.imgur.com/b2XTJ8l.gifv

You may be thinking, "Why would I want that? Why would anyone want that?" Well, I'll let them explain:

Cleaning is a hassle? Really? Really?!? I hate doing dishes, but I've never felt tongs were especially burdensome. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Huh. Well see there's my problem. I only have like 2 sets of tongs, when obviously the average is, uh, 13. Clearly you need all those specialized shapes for reasons. Except not really, because all those specialized shapes are going to be replaced by forks and/or spoons.

Wow, what a great deal! Get yours now!!!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anytongs/anytongs-the-better-safer-way-to-cook-and-serve-food

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

They should be marketing to the rich five-year-old-me market, which would have paid any price for tongs that could have forks attached to them, if I'd had access to money.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

e: double gently caress, nobody pay attention to this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

e: It has taken me well over a decade here to learn that quote is not edit

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

e: gently caress

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Because when you're picking up food with tongs you want to be worried that the things holding your food could very well fall out.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
The tong nonsense is great thread content, but Captain Hygiene's misfiring trigger finger is better.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I will mispost twice for you for the low, low price of $19.99. An extra post included if you order within the next thirty minutes!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I see someone started their election drinking early. :v:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Wow! ten new posts by this thread I foll—.... oh....

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Iron Prince posted:

Wow! ten new posts by this thread I foll—.... oh....

they're good posts Brent

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Haha more important than a chef's knife, my rear end. You can't cook almost anything without a knife but I only really need tongs when I need to handle both raw meat and other stuff at the same time.

E: fixed phone posting

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 14:11 on Nov 3, 2020

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
You get two pair of regular old metal restaurant tongs, one big one small, hook that poo poo on the oven door and pass them on to your kids

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Kickstarter's official motto should be "Solutions looking for a problem."

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

Haha more important than a chef's knife, my rear end. You can't cook almost anything with a knife but I only really need tongs when I need to handle both raw meat and other stuff at the same time.

I like the bit where he picks up a fork to flip over some raw chicken then picks up a second fork , make tongs and flips over the chicken. Something easily doable with just the fork in the first place.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What if I want to cut something while using the tongs? Is that problem solved yet?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RandomPauI posted:

What if I want to cut something while using the tongs? Is that problem solved yet?

Yes you use the anytong with a spork with a knife edge like this:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Yes you use the anytong with a spork with a knife edge like this:

That seems like a good way to accidentally cut yourself in the mouth.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I actually got a similar one from aliexpress a while ago and the "knife" part is pretty dull so I think it wouldnt' be a problem unless you're really trying to hurt yourself with it

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Because when you're picking up food with tongs you want to be worried that the things holding your food could very well fall out.

I use my silicone and wood tongs in the hot pan while I'm cooking, I sure as poo poo don't want to be doing that with my expensive flatware

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Good way to get your pans all scratched up too.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

I actually got a similar one from aliexpress a while ago and the "knife" part is pretty dull so I think it wouldnt' be a problem unless you're really trying to hurt yourself with it

Oh I plan to.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
One of those sets of tongs is intended to take sugar cubes out of dainty little bowls. Another one I recognize as tea tongs, for taking teabags out of the kettle. Not exactly things you can replace with standard size silverware.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Think it's pretty clear anyone buying "replace all these items with this one thing!" stuff from kickstarter or wherever else doesn't really have a drawer with 18 different types of tongs, they actually have a drawer with 18 different weird kickstarter cutlery gadgets (most of which don't work as well as whatever they're replacing, all of which are probably harder to clean and store and will break easily)

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Think it's pretty clear anyone buying "replace all these items with this one thing!" stuff from kickstarter or wherever else doesn't really have a drawer with 18 different types of tongs, they actually have a drawer with 18 different weird kickstarter cutlery gadgets (most of which don't work as well as whatever they're replacing, all of which are probably harder to clean and store and will break easily)

And probably all made of pot metal sold as "aluminium" instead of stainless.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Sign up to my kickstarter which will replace your 18 weird kickstarter gadgets with a single uber kickstarter gadget which doesn't work

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Qwertycoatl posted:

Sign up to my kickstarter which will replace your 18 weird kickstarter gadgets with a single uber kickstarter gadget which doesn't work

So, it's just The Bathroom Buddy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Yes but does it use the blockchain? No? I bet I can't even put it on my belt next to my kickstarted artisanal multitool and tactical fedora either.