Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Lots of photos of the MK here: https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...19-shutdown.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

People need to stay home lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

alg posted:

People need to stay home lol

But I wanna ride with mickeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Walt Disney Death World

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

We're all gonna die for capitalism.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Whew, there are some pictures coming out all over the place. Some are great social distancing and masks and whatnot. Others are horrifying stuff.

Disney is not going to be okay through this.

My favorite right now is this:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

NERRRRRP. No thank you.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

And these are the CMs!?

No way will they agressively enforce social distancing then. Unless we've vastly understated how many plainclothed goofy police there are in the parks and are leaving it to them to monitor.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Double post

Quixotic1 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 7, 2020

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I think guests of CMs were allowed as well, but yeah, that's not a good look

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Is anybody a D23 Gold member, cause I need this

https://d23.com/this-d23-exclusive-a-goofy-movie-pin-set-takes-you-on-the-open-road/

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

I'd personally behead the Brer Rabbit animatronic for that Lester pin :popeye:

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

I'd personally behead the Brer Rabbit animatronic for that Lester pin :popeye:

They need to change Chester and Hester's DinoRama to Lester's Possum Park.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

BlueBayou posted:

They need to change Chester and Hester's DinoRama to Lester's Possum Park.

Be still my heart....

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, at least that's happening at a test preview, and not the actual opening.

Doesn't inspire much confidence though.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Roth posted:

Well, at least that's happening at a test preview, and not the actual opening.

Doesn't inspire much confidence though.

Makes it worse in my opinion; they're all cast members and cast member guests. Which means cast members chancing infection early on to pass to guests.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

They usually do these to figure out problems ahead of time, but yeah.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Roth posted:

They usually do these to figure out problems ahead of time, but yeah.

I can point out multiple problems with opening without infecting employees :colbert:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

lol nba players are not happy here

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bottom Liner posted:

lol nba players are not happy here

This looks like enough calories to fuel an athlete for about 90 minutes.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I thought each team has a nutritionist/dietician on staff? Where are they?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
That was just part of it, they got more food

Plus that is just for the "stay in your room for 36 hours" part.

Presentation def lacking, but if the food tastes good, who cares

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I was educated in a southern public school system that had surge-branded soda machines so:

Do they keep burning all those calories when they aren't in practice? I'd assume they have some off days when calorie counts don't need to be as high? That tray is still bullshit but now I'm curious.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

BlueBayou posted:

That was just part of it, they got more food

Plus that is just for the "stay in your room for 36 hours" part.

Presentation def lacking, but if the food tastes good, who cares

That doesn’t say anything about more, just looks like a different meal. Troys other story pic had the full dinner menu listing and that was it.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I'm just going off the tweets I've seen

https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/1280698548619796480?s=20

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Ah good.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Whew, there are some pictures coming out all over the place. Some are great social distancing and masks and whatnot. Others are horrifying stuff.

Disney is not going to be okay through this.

My favorite right now is this:

The context for this one was the ride reopening after a thunderstorm, and people were rushing to be back on it. If anything it just means they need to have spots outside the queue for events like this.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

The markers for the mine train queue literally extend almost all the way around the entire mountain, going towards Tea Cups, back past Mermaid and end across from the entrance to Enchanted Tales With Belle. The markers are there, I don't know what happened in that photo.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Atricks posted:

The context for this one was the ride reopening after a thunderstorm, and people were rushing to be back on it. If anything it just means they need to have spots outside the queue for events like this.

Thank you for the important context. We all know coronavirus is famous for not infecting people who crowd together after thunderstorms to be first in line, so what we’re seeing here is perfectly fine and definitely not a tiny example of the many ways the general public will endanger their health just to be first to ride a ride or whatever despite any controls disney puts in place.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Atricks posted:

Oh that makes it very different then.

So different.

Let me explain it to the murder virus we have ravaging the world right now.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ynRXi7N7I

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

That video legit gave me chills...for a number of reasons. I understand why they're opening, I just wish they wouldn't.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

This is what plays before a film distortion effect and a smash cut into the opening credits of the disaster movie.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Pretty good but I think New Orleans has you beat Disney. https://twitter.com/cityofnola/status/1249039072644997123?lang=en

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Both of these ads are 100% about a new Purge film that takes place at theme parks

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Lmao that bunny video is some grade A avant garde horror footage and if you showed anyone that 6 months ago they would be extremely creeped out.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
gotta remember to download that disney ad in case they close again and pull it

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Duck and Cover posted:

Pretty good but I think New Orleans has you beat Disney. https://twitter.com/cityofnola/status/1249039072644997123?lang=en

I'm honestly surprised we didn't break out the creepy king cake baby for this.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Tim Whatley posted:

Both of these ads are 100% about a new Purge film that takes place at theme parks

Do you realize how hard I would write novels about a DIS(tm)topia if I could get the clearance to do so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Yeah I've often thought about my dystopian and erotic WDW book series I wanna write.

"Her politics did bother him sometimes yet her sheer sensuality overwhelmed his concerns about that. Sure she had some quirks, but those weren't due to age, they were a sign of being a genuine classic, something to be endlessly revered. So much like Splash Mountain he was about to take a problematic dive into the wetness."

Wait what?

J33uk fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 9, 2020