Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I mean, I personally wouldn't press too hard to finish all 24hr challenges, maybe leave a couple undone. Whenever they get too boring/painful.

Also remember that after your challenge run, it'll take a bit of effort to build up to boss 300 again.

Once in Evil, it's nice if you can buy the "welcome to evil" perk immediately, and have minimal stats to kill in EV. Once you have that, you can take it easy and decide if you want to green/max the first two zones or press hard to rush a fastest-possible nerd kill (I never understood the latter approach).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You go nerd-first because the drop rate in the regular zones sucks (so it'll take forever to farm the other sets), the titan has guaranteed drops, and you probably have the adventure stats for it already.

Also don't feel like you need to farm extra PP beforehand to be able to grab the welcome to evil perk, you'll farm up PP way faster once you're in evil.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Yeah I think I just didn't have the Adv stats when I entered evil. Or I didn't / still don't really know what I'm doing. The discord was adamant about rushing to nerd but I just couldn't advance that far fast enough, and by the time I could, I had nearly full sets anyway so I just finished greening/maxing them all. Meh.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Forgot I still had my Synergism save that was close to reincarnation. Apparently in the meantime there has been an update, the passive obtainium research now gives 5% of your best obtainium/s
My best obtainium/s is 0.03
gently caress that

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

Forgot I still had my Synergism save that was close to reincarnation. Apparently in the meantime there has been an update, the passive obtainium research now gives 5% of your best obtainium/s
My best obtainium/s is 0.03
gently caress that

Obtainum/sec is not something that gets all that high. Mine's currently ~400 and I'm still a few orders of magnitude short of getting Ant Sacrifice.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Obtainum/sec is not something that gets all that high. Mine's currently ~400 and I'm still a few orders of magnitude short of getting Ant Sacrifice.

Mine's 83 million.

~Incremental Games~

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zokari posted:

Mine's 83 million.

~Incremental Games~
117 billion, and I know I'm behind at least one other goon cause he bragposted at me in discord.

That said, the research should really take the greater of 1 and that fraction of max, to avoid this exact situation where you feel punished for not having started earlier when it was "free" to get 1/sec.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

117 billion, and I know I'm behind at least one other goon cause he bragposted at me in discord.

That said, the research should really take the greater of 1 and that fraction of max, to avoid this exact situation where you feel punished for not having started earlier when it was "free" to get 1/sec.

"Thanks to researches you automatically gain 469,727,058,767 Obtainium per second."

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Speaking of Synergism, it's really weird that the final ant automation achievement has a multiplier requirement way, way, way below what you'll need to actually buy a T8 ant.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Zokari posted:

Speaking of Synergism, it's really weird that the final ant automation achievement has a multiplier requirement way, way, way below what you'll need to actually buy a T8 ant.

It was probably supposed to be 777,777

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Lone Goat posted:

It was probably supposed to be 777,777

It was indeed, but Plat hasn't bothered fixing it because it kinda works out as a matter of course.

Also

quote:

Thanks to your researches you automatically gain 811,663,734,933 Obtainium per second.

Though the real source of obtainium is from ant sacrifice; I get roughly 1e17 per 15 minute sacrifice, which takes about 2 minutes in real time due to 5x21 and my Speed rune blessing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kyrosiris posted:

Though the real source of obtainium is from ant sacrifice; I get roughly 1e17 per 15 minute sacrifice, which takes about 2 minutes in real time due to 5x21 and my Speed rune blessing.
I regret starting to go for 5x21 before getting like halfway through 3x25, the SI levels are really juicing my obt gain and it's definitely going to be overall faster.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Pope Guilty posted:

So I should finish up the Normal challenges, farm up enough QP/PP to get over the entry requirement for Evil, then climb up the bosses and enter Evil?

If you can go Evil, just go Evil. You'll get a nice boost to PP out of the gate plus access to new perks which will make it easier to actually reach those entry requirements.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Blattdorf posted:

If you can go Evil, just go Evil. You'll get a nice boost to PP out of the gate plus access to new perks which will make it easier to actually reach those entry requirements.

Yeah. The key thing is that going Evil, even if it feels terribly slow and bad at they start, you don't really lose anything. Beards and Ygg are basically unaffected. Questing is unaffected. Titan kills/EXP is basically unaffected. NGU progress is basically unaffected (since you can always stay farming Normal NGUs in Evil). PP/ITOPOD is significantly better - the huge boost to the baseline points way overcompensates for any loss from having to farm in a lower ITOPOD level or a lower PP digger level.

The only thing that suffers in the beginning (prior to being able to get a kill in Evilverse Zone at least) is your gold income and thus your diggers.

And if you are in the beginning of Evil and want to do go back and do Normal challenges, that's a perfect time to do so since you have to reset everything going to Evil in the first place.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
so if you're not setting up AHK to do the 15m ant sac bit, is it just sac whenever you happen to be around and timer > 15m? because i am making ok progress with long sacs but certainly not as fast as some of you other folks are going, and i was almost finished with existing research when the current patch dropped.

Maxxed SI, almost done with dupe and then going on to thrift, and just picked up the last particle upgrade. just seems weird to give something such a small break-even timer and then not give you an auto-prestige

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Link to that juicy AHK for ant sacrifices to the sun god?

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Eldercain posted:

so if you're not setting up AHK to do the 15m ant sac bit, is it just sac whenever you happen to be around and timer > 15m? because i am making ok progress with long sacs but certainly not as fast as some of you other folks are going, and i was almost finished with existing research when the current patch dropped.

Maxxed SI, almost done with dupe and then going on to thrift, and just picked up the last particle upgrade. just seems weird to give something such a small break-even timer and then not give you an auto-prestige

You get an auto prestige for it when you beat c10 i think

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Gully Foyle posted:

Yeah. The key thing is that going Evil, even if it feels terribly slow and bad at they start, you don't really lose anything. Beards and Ygg are basically unaffected. Questing is unaffected. Titan kills/EXP is basically unaffected. NGU progress is basically unaffected (since you can always stay farming Normal NGUs in Evil). PP/ITOPOD is significantly better - the huge boost to the baseline points way overcompensates for any loss from having to farm in a lower ITOPOD level or a lower PP digger level.

The only thing that suffers in the beginning (prior to being able to get a kill in Evilverse Zone at least) is your gold income and thus your diggers.

And if you are in the beginning of Evil and want to do go back and do Normal challenges, that's a perfect time to do so since you have to reset everything going to Evil in the first place.

Also as soon as you hit Evil jump into a Basic challenge asap. There's no penalty so its a free 10% adventure stats once you beat it.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Chin Strap posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm not at all close to that. I guess I should probably Respec the talismans I have for more si levels and hope for the best

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Chin Strap posted:

still gotta buy the research for 1e18 obtanium to get auto ant sacrifice

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm at a loss of where to proceed in cavernous, i can't quite get clone 3 or enough mana to make any equipment yet

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eldercain posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm not at all close to that. I guess I should probably Respec the talismans I have for more si levels and hope for the best

Yeah, every so often you wanna save up 800k offerings and then respec to 1/2/4, push particles, and respec back to 1/3/5.

I did one with my first orange talisman, my third orange, and my first red. You can also push challenges while you're in 1/2/4.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Aurora posted:

i'm at a loss of where to proceed in cavernous, i can't quite get clone 3 or enough mana to make any equipment yet

When I was at your point, I got through by focusing on clone 3. When I finally found a path that let me get the gold I was getting so close I let my loop run for a while to run up skills until it was fast enough to finish it. With 3 clones, getting past the enemy is no problem, but I'm stuck basically immediately after that + sapping the new mana pools.

By the way, if you missed the tooltip like I did for a long time, you can have up to as many copies of the equipment as you have clones, so with the third clone you can basically go from 4 damage/second to the goblin to 9 damage/second.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think that steel furnace at the top doesn't actually need coal, you can just upgrade iron bars. The description makes it confusing if that's so.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manyorcas posted:

When I was at your point, I got through by focusing on clone 3. When I finally found a path that let me get the gold I was getting so close I let my loop run for a while to run up skills until it was fast enough to finish it. With 3 clones, getting past the enemy is no problem, but I'm stuck basically immediately after that + sapping the new mana pools.

By the way, if you missed the tooltip like I did for a long time, you can have up to as many copies of the equipment as you have clones, so with the third clone you can basically go from 4 damage/second to the goblin to 9 damage/second.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think that steel furnace at the top doesn't actually need coal, you can just upgrade iron bars. The description makes it confusing if that's so.

i tried tossing in iron bars but it didn't work so coal is probably around somewhere

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Aurora posted:

i tried tossing in iron bars but it didn't work so coal is probably around somewhere

I finally found the coal, but after having finally killed 3 creatures, attempting to kill any of my remaining ones is... :psyduck:

I feel like I've reached a point in the game where every step is a serious struggle and my last two breakthroughs haven't been rewarded with enough (any) mana to use the new coal.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
when in Evilverse in NGU, should i be splitting my time levelling up normal NGUs and Evil NGUs.

I don't have the perk that levels both yet, but i've just been leaving all my energy/magic in the Evil Adventure alpha and EXP for the most part to build them up,

I figured that the gains from normal NGUs would be pretty tiny now in comparison the gains in levelling those up instead.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I pretty much ignored normal NGUs once moving on entirely and didn't have any issues. Like you said just getting a few levels in the evil ngu's are going to pay out way more because you'll be under the soft caps.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Also there's eventually that perk (quirk? idk) you can get that gives you a normal ngu level every time you get an evil one

And that just removes the problem entirely

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Hit the evil NGU soft caps for everything, then go back to normal NGUs until you've got the thing where both level at the same time and you can start capping eNGUs.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
you should do normal ngus in early evil until pp is around 50m+, normal by far scales better after soft caps

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I just started Sadistic and... how exactly am I ever supposed to afford like... any of the perks? I was assuming sadistic would be a really big jump in my PPP but it just... wasn't. Loading up after sleeping through the night, I did some tests to determine what my current PPP from a full 24 hours of idling looks like:
  • Normal = 36,329pp a day
  • W/ all +respawn equipment = 60,325pp a day
  • W/ all +respawn equipment and pill = 133,316pp a day
  • W/ all +respawn, pill, AND maxed-out base-PPP quirk = 527,014pp a day
Under best conditions, it would take me over a week just to afford one level of a million-pp perk. Even with the base-PPP quirk maxed out I only make half a million after 24 hours under the absolute best conditions and ignoring NGUs/everything else. Is there going to be equipment or something that makes this in any way feasible? I'm looking at 19 days just to max a single one of Evil's final generic EM perks and I'm balking at it.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I make like 30M per day without pills. Its a combo of hacks, ngus, wishes, quests, and cards.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Pigbuster posted:

I just started Sadistic and... how exactly am I ever supposed to afford like... any of the perks? I was assuming sadistic would be a really big jump in my PPP but it just... wasn't. Loading up after sleeping through the night, I did some tests to determine what my current PPP from a full 24 hours of idling looks like:
Under best conditions, it would take me over a week just to afford one level of a million-pp perk. Even with the base-PPP quirk maxed out I only make half a million after 24 hours under the absolute best conditions and ignoring NGUs/everything else. Is there going to be equipment or something that makes this in any way feasible? I'm looking at 19 days just to max a single one of Evil's final generic EM perks and I'm balking at it.

NGUs, wishes, and gold diggers. You'll be making hundreds of millions per day in no time!*

* a long time

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
I got to 10k ant multi but I still feel :geno: about this update. ants are ok but talismans feel really bad, no real balance between resources there. you fight to get elo high enough to get a bit of the next resource, and by that time you have so much of the previous ones that after enhancing you just max the talisman again and repeat.

outside of ants the only real shift is going to come from the infinite challenge research but I don't know how much that will change things.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Voxx posted:

outside of ants the only real shift is going to come from the infinite challenge research but I don't know how much that will change things.

It doesn't change things. You unlock it, the challenges jump up 20-25 levels immediately, then increase occasionally after that. You switch to swapping between ant buffing with blessings on runes 1/3/5 and progression with runes 1/2/4.

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

Pigbuster posted:

Big boost once you can soft-cap PP NGU, gold income goes up a lot for big digger gains, PP cards are good to focus on early, keep those hacks up, 1mil is nothing for me rn. Still have a ton of perks to work on tho. :arghfist:

Def keep 3-5 respawn items on at all times.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Synergism: Uggggh, I'm so close to finishing the first Sadistic challenge. It's really obnoxious how severe of a bottleneck the green...things you upgrade talismans are. I have everything I need to upgrade my next one except for the greens, where I only have like 10% of what I need.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Crossposting from the Android Games thread since I imagine there's some overlap here:

explosivo posted:

Anybody here try Darkzone out? Seems like kind of an interesting idle RPG in the vein of Postknight but you team up with other players and go through the levels. I've barely gotten into it but I think this is something I could get into. There's no ads or paid gatcha stuff, looks like most of the stuff you buy is just cosmetics. It's still beta right now but they're planning on adding a bunch more this summer like guilds, seasons, pets, crafting and a Steam version soon too.
Feels a lot like a co-op Postknight and I'm digging it so far.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

not a big fan of the aesthetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

It doesn't change things. You unlock it, the challenges jump up 20-25 levels immediately, then increase occasionally after that. You switch to swapping between ant buffing with blessings on runes 1/3/5 and progression with runes 1/2/4.

the best thing about it is the ~2k quarks you get for doing them, though. helped me plow through the shop