Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I thought, and i could easily be wrong, that the kickstarter union explicitly asked for people not to boycot, did that change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I don't even want to hear how you justify this edit that makes it look like you're in black face!

Oh it's clearly an edit or awful quality photo that turns the green into black? Well, nonetheless I was right that you would correct me... Such thin skinned people here on the forums.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't even want to hear how you justify this edit that makes it look like you're in black face!

Oh it's clearly an edit or awful quality photo that turns the green into black? Well, nonetheless I was right that you would correct me... Such thin skinned people here on the forums.

No-one has said this dude, chill the gently caress out

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

No-one has said this dude, chill the gently caress out

moths posted:

No, the recurring theme is that all I know about CR is that they've hosed something else up but their fans accept the apology so it's ok.

Like, I don't even want to hear how this is acceptable:

But I feel like it'll be excused by the bottom of this page.

E: lol

Nah that's the implication to this and other posts around there. "Oh the fans will find some way to excuse this" is even what they said

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Arthil posted:

loving christ most of you all are reactionary as gently caress.

i need something to during this mess

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
e: nm

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 22, 2020

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Do the adventurers promote the economy by liberating the dragons' hoard, or do the dragons' thirst for precious metals provide repeated object lessons in the labor theory of value? In this thread, I

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

As the least on-line online person why are Wendys and kickstarter bad now

Every major fast food chain signed an agreement to purchase tomatoes from farms with appropriate labor practices except for Wendy's. This would have increased the price of tomatoes something like two cents a pound. Since then they've actually looked for farms with worse labor practices to save money. Also their board of directors are all anti choice chuds who use the Wendy's pro adoption stuff as cover to fund anti choice movements.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

And they havent posted since its been shown that the image they're talking about has been darkened so going off on them makes you look worse.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
there is a specter haunting Wildmount, and it's the specter of Joe Smith who died last year, move the gently caress on Joe you're bumming us all out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

And they havent posted since its been shown that the image they're talking about has been darkened so going off on them makes you look worse.

I don't think making fun of a dumb poster going "They're so poo poo and their fans will excuse anything! Look at this!" and posting the easiest poo poo to debunk makes me worse than the person doing it. Sorry.

Cat Face Joe posted:

Every major fast food chain signed an agreement to purchase tomatoes from farms with appropriate labor practices except for Wendy's. This would have increased the price of tomatoes something like two cents a pound. Since then they've actually looked for farms with worse labor practices to save money. Also their board of directors are all anti choice chuds who use the Wendy's pro adoption stuff as cover to fund anti choice movements.

They're basically the Hobby Lobby of fast food companies. Secretly doing active harm to things in ways that every other major corporation of their ilk hadn't even thought of.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea but they don't even have cool artifact biblical conspiracy theft insanity, just normal 'pft we won't spend an extra penny to not support slave labor, libtards' evil.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

sexpig by night posted:

yea but they don't even have cool artifact biblical conspiracy theft insanity, just normal 'pft we won't spend an extra penny to not support slave labor, libtards' evil.

They do have 'actively pushing against the UN, to the degree that there's anti-UN digs in their stupid game' tho.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

As an addendum, Orion being made to leave Critical Role wasn't so much 'under a shadow' as them getting rid of their cat-piss man. It turned out later that even above and beyond being a player who most of us would probably kick from our tables because he wouldn't stop with the jokes that made others uncomfortable or unrepentant spotlight hogging he's kind of an awful person. If you watch the last episode or so he's in, it looks like at the least Laura and Travis can barely stand him anymore. (Orion did the extremely power-gamer thing of trying to use his background to give him an excuse to lead an army against the current big villain so he could play generalissimo and Matt just went 'uh, no.' Also he would role-play the minutae of his shopping trips which is death for any session.)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

They do have 'actively pushing against the UN, to the degree that there's anti-UN digs in their stupid game' tho.

One World Wendy's Government

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
efb

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They're basically the Hobby Lobby of fast food companies. Secretly doing active harm to things in ways that every other major corporation of their ilk hadn't even thought of.

gently caress Wendy's, but Hobby Lobby is like a whole other level of evil.

Like not only are they behind one of the worst SC decisions in recent history. They also literally like stole ancient Iraqi artifacts and documents.

They are like Super Villains compared to the normal late stage capitalism rear end Wendy's.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

I’m pretty sure people are overestimating the power Mercer has over the fan base as if could actually stop them from doing something, stopping people from being pieces of poo poo to his gf/fiancée/wife would have been pretty high on his list.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

pseudodragon posted:

I’m pretty sure people are overestimating the power Mercer has over the fan base as if could actually stop them from doing something, stopping people from being pieces of poo poo to his gf/fiancée/wife would have been pretty high on his list.
In so far as there is a call to action for Mercer it seems to be "denounce Mike Mearls, and stretch goal: Change from D&D 5E to another system." I do not think they would switch, and if they did I doubt it would be a small press RPG.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

pseudodragon posted:

Yeah, poor Marisha totally got the whole 'she's only getting something house ruled because she's boning the GM.' I forget what it was exactly. Something to do with druids and shifting forms.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
late but the person who thinks that someone with a large fanbase can make it so no one is ever mean to each other in any online discussion space is loving delusional

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Farg posted:

late but the person who thinks that someone with a large fanbase can make it so no one is ever mean to each other in any online discussion space is loving delusional

it's not so much 'you have to purge anyone who you see saying a rude thing and then there will be peace' as it is 'all your 'uwu love eachother critters' stuff rings hollow when you don't even seem to care that the company you work with is just cranking out horror stories' and then a smaller side thing of 'you also do really little to actually tell people to chill out directly and stick to a just kinda general 'be nice' thing that doesn't address harassment issues and all'

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh poo poo I forgot to join the "cool with green blackface" contingent and have been savagely burnt forever.

Send help

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
e: nm

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 22, 2020

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Nessus posted:

Do the adventurers promote the economy by liberating the dragons' hoard, or do the dragons' thirst for precious metals provide repeated object lessons in the labor theory of value? In this thread, I

Well, don't fuckin' stop!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

uwu softboy poo poo is to sexcrime what small pools of standing water are to mosquitos

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
It’s one step from uwu to owo

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
They definitely should stop playing Dungeons and Dragons: Fifth Edition.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Nessus posted:

Spellsinger posted:

"Then riddle me this," rumbled the dragon. He lolled in the shallow water, keeping a sharp, fiery eye on the rest of the frightened group. "What is the fundamental attribute of human nature... and of all similar natures?" He puffed smoke, hugely enjoying Jon-Tom's obvious confusion.

quote:

Jon-Tom took a deep breath. "The fundamental attribute of human nature is... productive labor." For good measure he added casually, "Any fool knows that."

The dragon's head reared back, dominating the sky. Batwing ears fluttered in confusion, and for a moment he was so startled he choked on his own smoke.

Still menacingly, but uncertain now, he brought his massive jaws so near that Jon-Tom could have reached out and caressed the shiny black scales. The air was full of dampness and brimstone.

"And what," he rumbled, "determines the structure of any society?"

Jon-Tom was beginning to relax a little. Unbelievable as it seemed, he felt safe now. "Its economic means of production."

"And societies evolve... ?"

"Through a series of crises caused by internal contradictions," Jon-Tom finished for him.

The dragon's eyes flashed and his jaws gaped. Though confident he'd found the answer, Jon-Tom couldn't help but back away from those gnashing teeth. A pair of gigantic forefeet rose dripping from the water. Tiny crustaceans scrambled frantically for cover.

The feet lunged toward Jon-Tom. He felt himself being lifted into the air. From somewhere behind him Flor was yelling frantically and Mudge was muttering a dirge.

An enormous forked tongue as startlingly red as the slitted eyes emerged from the mouth and flicked wetly at Jon-Tom's face.

"Comrade!" the dragon declaimed. Then Jon-Tom was gently deposited back on dry land.

Not a fantastic series otherwise, but Falameezar the Marxist Dragon is very good.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mystic Mongol posted:

Well, don't fuckin' stop!
Once upon a time, five brave adventurers slew a dragon; after the disposition of the coinage and the dickering round the edge for the gems, there were a few things left for the brave adventurers, things they could not hold in common.

The elf-lord took the great gem for which he had sought and removed himself, and it is said he went to the farthest west and of him no more is said.

The sorceress took the ancient tome, foxed as it was by the dragon's flames, and thanked her compeers. She went into the farthest east, and they say you can see her face in some of the caravanners who come from that place.

The knight took the great sword and swore that he would not rest until the fury was spent and the gods themselves set to right. He stalked off, to the North, and of him no more is spoken; though they say that there were only two moons in those days, not three.

Horace and the halfling maid were left alone, and they spoke of the two items left. In the end the halfling maid took up the mattock, unwieldy though it was, and said: In my land the ground is very stony. I think soon it shall be less so.

And Horace? Horace came back to this very town, though it was merely a village in those days. His money was soon spent, for his tastes were unwise, and he died young, and fat, though beloved. But you ask, child, what prize did Horace bring back? Only a decanter of endless water, as the sages call it. A thing so small the others had not even considered it.

Shall I dip you a cup of water from the qanat? The harvest has been excellent this year; and halfling-wine should not be drunk unmixed.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I absolutely believe that Critical Role should switch from D&D 5e to a game that more usefully helps to drive their play, something like Fellowship as a for instance. I also further believe that no one should be actual playing D&D 5e and I’ll start hollering at TAZ once I’ve gotten CR to nudge.

Like, I get that smaller APs use the name recognition to help propel themselves, but also there are other ways of marketing, and other values in promoting smaller games. It is a massive sea of games out there and the fact so many of Actual Plays (which have become the main means of marketing for the industry) play only D&D 5e with all of its attached baggage is a indictment on these Actual Players and their audience’s unwillingness to play another god drat game.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

it's not so much 'you have to purge anyone who you see saying a rude thing and then there will be peace' as it is 'all your 'uwu love eachother critters' stuff rings hollow when you don't even seem to care that the company you work with is just cranking out horror stories' and then a smaller side thing of 'you also do really little to actually tell people to chill out directly and stick to a just kinda general 'be nice' thing that doesn't address harassment issues and all'

Fair point on the WOTC situation but they literally do the second with frequency. It's an important, but also entirely symbolic gesture.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Meinberg posted:

I absolutely believe that Critical Role should switch from D&D 5e to a game that more usefully helps to drive their play, something like Fellowship as a for instance. I also further believe that no one should be actual playing D&D 5e and I’ll start hollering at TAZ once I’ve gotten CR to nudge.

Like, I get that smaller APs use the name recognition to help propel themselves, but also there are other ways of marketing, and other values in promoting smaller games. It is a massive sea of games out there and the fact so many of Actual Plays (which have become the main means of marketing for the industry) play only D&D 5e with all of its attached baggage is a indictment on these Actual Players and their audience’s unwillingness to play another god drat game.

Remember how TAZ did that already but went right back to D&D?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Eastmabl posted:

Wasn't there something about TAZ losing viewers when they tried to change systems?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Eastmabl posted:

I do! It fills me with a large amount of anger!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Dawgstar posted:

Wasn't there something about TAZ losing viewers when they tried to change systems?

Yeah, the average person loves D&D. If you can name three different roleplaying systems you are above average.

Still, playing that game is work and the most listeners is how it is. A shame.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im sorry did that motherfucker up there say "green blackface"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Alaois posted:

im sorry did that motherfucker up there say "green blackface"
As best as I can tell the Critical Role man put on green facepaint like a goblin or something and it was not very good green face paint, so between that, the lighting and his complexion, it looked vaguely like brownface/blackface. I am not certain who moths was attempting to own.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Eastmabl posted:

Doing the right thing can be hard, yes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nessus posted:

As best as I can tell the Critical Role man put on green facepaint like a goblin or something and it was not very good green face paint, so between that, the lighting and his complexion, it looked vaguely like brownface/blackface. I am not certain who moths was attempting to own.

I'm aware of the situation but that motherfucker up there said "green blackface" and i really gotta know what's up with their head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Nessus posted:

People deliberately changed the colours to make it look darker. Its very obviously green if you look at messed around images of it.

eta: lmao green blackface