Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DeathChicken posted:

...wow, that genuinely made me want to put the game down for awhile. Toward the end of the game, had one person in the basement near death. Second person rushes in after them, unhooks them. I down the rescuer, down the first guy. Last gen pops. They both instantly spring up and out. I have no idea how, they were both using Adrenaline but I didn't think that revived you from dying.

There is a major reason why Adrenaline is my most hated perk. In a vacuum of every survivor team only having one instance of a perk, Adrenaline is fine. When Adrenaline can be run by all 4 survivors thus letting them just find gens and pop them, nothing is more tilting than seeing 4 survivors go from injured to healthy, especially when you're chasing one.

Pro Tip: if the final generator pops just as you're about to hook someone, if you can safely drop them on the ground do so to see if they have Adrenaline. If they do, you can immediately turn to the left and down them before they can react as being free of the killers grasp will trigger the healing from Adrenaline. Nothing is more satisfying than that feeling when you knock someone out of their Adrenaline before they even go on hook. You got caught survivor, you face the consequences of being in the killer's control. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is the battle pass for DbD still at the level of second job to complete? This one's about to close obviously.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Orv posted:

Is the battle pass for DbD still at the level of second job to complete? This one's about to close obviously.

For all that people scoff at some battle passes (and rightly so), the DbD one isn't bad. BHVR has def designed it so if you play like, 1-3 hours maybe 5ish days a week from the start date of a tome to the end date, you can absolutely clear the challenges and be pretty close to done if not entirely complete. If you no life it before even level 2 of a tome is unlocked (like some people did with the first tomes) you can hit level 70 (aka max level) in like the first 3 weeks I'm pretty sure. As of right now? If you're nowhere close to the end just play normal and do what challenges you can.

Or like, I guess you can throw money at it to unlock tiers if you're some kind of weirdo with lots of disposable cash and little time to play a need to flex on people with your sweet cosmetics before anyone else has them.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean 3 hours 5 days a week is still pretty rough compared to a lot of battle passes but I guess it could be worse.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Orv posted:

I mean 3 hours 5 days a week is still pretty rough compared to a lot of battle passes but I guess it could be worse.

this is my rough guesstimate. You could probably chop off a week or two and frankly as I have minimal comparison to other games overall so I may also be wildly off base. Feels like a pretty casual one to me overall

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
A casual battlepass is like apex, where I can play less than an hour a day and get enough challenges done to be "on track". 3 hours a day five days a week is more than casual.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Leatherface really isn't great right now but being able to just destroy pallets when a survivor is trying to be cheeky with one is pretty fun.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I only ever use him when I see the other team is carrying a bunch of flashlights. I'll switch directly to my Bubba sporting Insidious, Lightborn and Franklin in that case. He's very good at camping hooks and being a dickhead :v:

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I'm playing him mostly to get bbq on my other killers but I also like him, it's just a shame that actually using his chainsaw is often strictly inferior to just hitting survivors normally.

edit: lol I didn't realise that his average speed when chainsawing is literally just his normal move speed, no wonder I never loving hit when I'm chasing someone and start revving.

Carcer fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 8, 2020

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

PTB's out. All of Billy's charge time add-ons are gone except one. That makes him a 4.4 ms killer :allears: Also it's looking like the Bubba changes were actually a nerf in practice as his tantrum's been jacked up to 8 seconds minimum if you use all three of his charges. Oh BHVR.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Billy's charge time addons always should have been removed. They were bad and a crutch for people who couldn't backrev, like six blinks on a nurse. The issue is more that they probably should have stopped with just the instasaw addons when it came to nerfing him.

As for LF tantrum, just don't tantrum. Unless they upped his actual base penalty or slowed down his acceleration there's no way it's a nerf to let him extend his sprint even if you get punished harder for loving up. Like maybe they should reduce how long he tantrums, but that's the model for nurse's charges and works great because it's a quickly understandable risk/reward model that leans on your understanding of how far each charge will let you go. edit: Yeah. His base tantrum time remains 5 seconds. You are trading 2 seconds of extra chainsaw sprint for 1 second of extra tantrum if you gently caress up and tantrum. Which is a total of 7 unless you're bringing an addon that lets you store up more charges.

Carcer posted:

I'm playing him mostly to get bbq on my other killers but I also like him, it's just a shame that actually using his chainsaw is often strictly inferior to just hitting survivors normally.

edit: lol I didn't realise that his average speed when chainsawing is literally just his normal move speed, no wonder I never loving hit when I'm chasing someone and start revving.

Yeah. On top of the fact he's slower than survivors while revving. It's why most people figured they'd just give him a 100% move speed when revving since it's the easiest way to make his chainsaw viable.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 8, 2020

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I think 3hrs x 5 days/wk is an overstatement. I have not played very much at all lately and still managed to finish it a few weeks early. It depends though, if you're the type of person who doesn't actually do any of the challenges (or only does one side of the challenges) then it would take more gameplay because the XP toward rift fragments is small. If you do killer and survivor challenges you get tons of fragments. My problem with the rift is that most of the cosmetics suck rear end and many are just recolors of existing cosmetics.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Okay hold on, Billy now has an addon to make him move faster when some one is shining a flashlight on him? Like turning the carburetor tuning guide into a waterlogged shoe is whatever, but who is ever going to use the flashlight addon? At least Iridescent Brick + Apex Muffler could be fun.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

TGLT posted:

Billy's charge time addons always should have been removed. They were bad and a crutch for people who couldn't backrev, like six blinks on a nurse. The issue is more that they probably should have stopped with just the instasaw addons when it came to nerfing him.

As for LF tantrum, just don't tantrum. Unless they upped his actual base penalty or slowed down his acceleration there's no way it's a nerf to let him extend his sprint even if you get punished harder for loving up. Like maybe they should reduce how long he tantrums, but that's the model for nurse's charges and works great because it's a quickly understandable risk/reward model that leans on your understanding of how far each charge will let you go. edit: Yeah. His base tantrum time remains 5 seconds. You are trading 2 seconds of extra chainsaw sprint for 1 second of extra tantrum if you gently caress up and tantrum. Which is a total of 7 unless you're bringing an addon that lets you store up more charges.

Yeah. On top of the fact he's slower than survivors while revving. It's why most people figured they'd just give him a 100% move speed when revving since it's the easiest way to make his chainsaw viable.

Do the changes actually allow you to catch up to a survivor assuming a small distance between you and the survivor, or do you basically have to be inside them still?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is there a rundown of the new Billy addons? Please tell me theres more steering enhancers

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Carcer posted:

Do the changes actually allow you to catch up to a survivor assuming a small distance between you and the survivor, or do you basically have to be inside them still?

No clue. His new top speed is about 132% versus the old 126% but it doesn't look like they hosed with his acceleration at all which is the bigger issue. It certainly doesn't hurt, but it's gonna be a bit before people figure out just how much it helps. I'm curious if his initial chainsaw sweep got shorter, because they list it as being 2 seconds but I think it was originally 3.

Danaru posted:

Is there a rundown of the new Billy addons? Please tell me theres more steering enhancers

This reddit post lists the new ones. Not sure which are kept, but he's got a new brown addon for steering.

edit: more complete list of Billy's addons. I do not know who these flashlight addons are for.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 8, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TGLT posted:

This reddit post lists the new ones. Not sure which are kept, but he's got a new brown addon for steering.

Wow they really loving suck

Lol they got rid of his uncommon steering addon to give him a slightly shittier one, just why

Danaru fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 8, 2020

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
By the sounds of it leatherface is still basically just a M1 killer but you've got the chainsaw for pallets, so my play "style" will be unaffected.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Danaru posted:

Wow they really loving suck

Lol they got rid of his uncommon steering addon to give him a slightly shittier one, just why

Both Dad's Boots and Spiked Boots are "moderately increases". I think they just changed the name, the graphic, and dropped the rarity of the spiked boots. I'd loving kill for them to stop with the "moderately increases" poo poo and just give us numbers though.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TGLT posted:

Both Dad's Boots and Spiked Boots are "moderately increases". I think they just changed the name, the graphic, and dropped the rarity of the spiked boots.

Oh whew, that's not so bad then.

For real though, I cant think of a single time my chainsaw sprint was stopped by a pallet, and they want you to give up half your damage for it? That's a terrible tradeoff. Iridescent brick could be fun with moonshine though

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah I don't loving know. It seems like the model for iridescent addons now is one that is good and one that allows you to do something fundamentally different but is ultimately bad. Except for Oni who just has two bad iridescents. edit: Actually thinking about it, if Lopro's chain lets you curve through pallets it might be okay? But even then I don't think that comes up enough to be worth giving up your one shot.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Iridescent SHOULD be overpowered in my opinion, you're blowing a bunch of bloodpoints on it and it forces you to consider what addons the other side has. I was fine with instaheals and BNPs too.

I do agree with them changing it so you can only mori after one hook, just for the sake of having to do SOME work for yourself.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'd be better with Iridescent addons being there if it blared out "THIS PERSON HAS INFANTRY HEADS" every single time it was equipped rather than expecting to be able to tank a hit and immediately getting owned. I'm not a huge fan of "you don't know until it hits you" mechanics.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Maybe make the axe heads glow a bit when she pulls back to throw?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Honestly just don't have addons be overpowered. And scrap the addon system for one where you just pick modifiers instead of having to buy stuff out of the bloodweb. And a bowl of ice cream for me specifically, gently caress all y'all.

Really they could just make the iri head hatches have a minimum range of like 24 meters and they'd probably be fine. No worse than black incense anyways.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So consensus around the big streamers is that as Billy is currently in the PTB, he's dead. You can't curve with him, you can't mindgame, his add-ons are trash, and the cooldown and delays on the chainsaw make it nearly impossible to use in a chase. He's an M1 killer who can occasionally traverse the map. Plus all the usual bugs are there and amplified.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Wait I thought they didn't touch his sensitivity on startup. How is his curving dead?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah I didn't word that super great :frogdunce: When I think how iridescents should work, I feel like they should be more like Myers' or old BNPs where they were overpowered, but you have to sacrifice your entire toolbox for it, or spend most of the match lumbering your fat rear end around the map staring at people before you become an overpowered shitwrecker. BHVR's weird trend of making Iridescents not all that powerful and ALSO having a huge drawback sucks rear end. Let people do cool poo poo dammit

E: speaking of good irridescents, I played a Wraith round with the coxcombed clapper and the addon that lets you see auras 12 meters around you and holy poo poo that was the most hilarious round :allears: The amount of times I managed to scoop someone off a generator god drat

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I just want Legion's pallet buster iridescent as their default power. Nothing makes me laugh more than baiting half the pallets on the map into falling, then going into Frenzy and Kool-Aid Manning all of them

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So consensus around the big streamers is that as Billy is currently in the PTB, he's dead. You can't curve with him, you can't mindgame, his add-ons are trash, and the cooldown and delays on the chainsaw make it nearly impossible to use in a chase. He's an M1 killer who can occasionally traverse the map. Plus all the usual bugs are there and amplified.

Big streamers scream that everything that's ever been nerfed is "too much" and "kills a character" every time a balance change happens because it retains views.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

dogstile posted:

Big streamers scream that everything that's ever been nerfed is "too much" and "kills a character" every time a balance change happens because it retains views.

You have to wait until the more considered streamers wake up in other time zones to get the more nuanced takes, like FunGoose in Australia.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Got leatherface up to 35, now I can stop playing him.

Except I like him now? His power isn't good and by reading what everyone is saying they haven't changed him too much, but it's great to have as an ace in your sleeve when someone fucks up a pallet drop or corners themself.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

One of the things I have appreciated with most of the killers is that they are all able to do the basic poo poo and even if you're bad at your power you can still do things. Except the Nurse, who I still can't figure out if she's supposed to jump right behind someone and hit them or jump through them while M1'ing?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Nessus posted:

One of the things I have appreciated with most of the killers is that they are all able to do the basic poo poo and even if you're bad at your power you can still do things. Except the Nurse, who I still can't figure out if she's supposed to jump right behind someone and hit them or jump through them while M1'ing?

Use your first blink to get close and your second blink to zero in, then attack if they're close enough. It takes muscle memory to know how long to charge to get where you want to go and that's going to take a lot of playing Nurse.

Alternatively if you're on console don't play Nurse.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've accepted that I'm too stupid to play nurse and have decided to wait until Nurse's Calling is on the shrine. I've already got (and maliciously abuse) Stridor

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nurse also has an addon that shows you exactly where she's going to land when you let go of the button, which is a big help

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Its also a brown add on so you should nearly always have it available while learning nurse, which is nice.

Now where's the add on that gives me an arc indicator as plague.

Carcer fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 9, 2020

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Danaru posted:

I've accepted that I'm too stupid to play nurse and have decided to wait until Nurse's Calling is on the shrine. I've already got (and maliciously abuse) Stridor

You can always just dump points into her for the perk. This is like the perfect time to funnel points from one character to another.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The first person I downed disconnected before I could hook them.

Pain.

E:

TGLT posted:

You can always just dump points into her for the perk. This is like the perfect time to funnel points from one character to another.

I nearly have the Nurse at level 35 and she was at level 1 before today, I can't believe I didn't think to just do this especially after I got Myers from newly prestiged to 42 over the last few days :frogdunce:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

:sigh: