Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i think he's saying it's patriarchy?

which i think is part of it, but ultimately, it's material power, which is what absurd amounts of money is, especially when we're talking about a global child trafficking network

HELLO LADIES posted:

It's not even the US, as much as I'm sure goons would love to blame capitalism or colonialism or whatever for this. There are brothels in Bangladesh that kids are born or sold

sold.....for....money?

edit: also you're talking about a caste system lol, that's literally a class system?

crepeface has issued a correction as of 07:17 on Jul 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

crepeface posted:

i think he's saying it's patriarchy?

which i think is part of it, but ultimately, it's material power, which is what absurd amounts of money is, especially when we're talking about a global child trafficking network

sold.....for....money?

edit: also you're talking about a caste system lol, that's literally a class system?

IIRC, the Indian caste system in its 'modern', rigid sense was a direct product of the British Raj, although less structured, formal caste systems go back way past the invention of capitalism.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Darth Walrus posted:

IIRC, the Indian caste system in its 'modern', rigid sense was a direct product of the British Raj, although less structured, formal caste systems go back way past the invention of capitalism.

OP was talking about the nepal system? also capitalism is one of the major factors in facilitating the gross imbalance of material power in the modern world, if you go back in history, you have things like feudalism, of course. i don't think anyone here has claimed capitalism as the fundamental cause of all child sex abuse in all of history.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I think people might just be poo poo, power makes it easier to be a poo poo.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I think that global rape/brothel culture is worth discussing here, but lol if you don't think that colonialism and capitalism don't have a direct hand in its modern development, or in the grotesque economic and social influences that feed it. Like, regularly going to brothels is a super common and ingrained practice in lots of "catholic" Latin American countries, but there's absolutely a very visible economic and class component there-- to say nothing of how these cultures of abuse are actively built up and promoted by colonizing powers.

Like, when Western businessmen travel to third world countries for work, you don't think that the sex tourism that many of them participate in isn't explicitly treated as a perk of their job, or that that particular industry doesn't have a centuries-long tradition of catering to wealthy foreigners? Third world colonies and economic vassal states are historically relatively lawless in those regards by design. The British Crown didn't want prostitution rampant in the streets of late-19th Century London, but they were more than happy to make sure that their business travelers and enlisted men were properly "taken care of" while on their tours of duty through the empire.

And you should really look into the relationship between US military bases and sex work/exploitation literally everywhere in the world, but especially in Asia (read up on Korean and Japanese base brothels, or about how the US military basically took over the South Vietnamese sex trade), the Pacific, and Latin America.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

crepeface posted:

edit: calling a child a beauty queen is weird as gently caress. why are they child beauty pageants held anyway, are elites influencing our entire culture to normalize sexualizing children? is even our idealized image of a beautiful supermodel as a thin, child-like waif a result of elites funding their preferences? have they inceptioned everyone in this thread since birth with media??

liking muscle girls is praxis

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/atensnut/status/1280548370004807682?s=20

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
According to the inspector who headed the case, and was later dismissed from the force, the Mccan affair is indeed a conspiracy, but one from the british authorities and police to protect the Mccans.
There was evidence that the child died, due to parental negligence, and then everything was done to make it seem as a kidnapping.
The inspector was dismissed after several tense confrontations with his superiors and the english investigators, and later wrote a book about the whole thing.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah, when I was in the navy we would get PowerPoint presentations on human trafficking and there are TECHNICALLY rules in the UCMJ that punish people who partake but lmao at those being enforced. Lots of dudes would eagerly await ports in places like Thailand, or would beeline toward the Eastern European woman that would hang around certain hotels in Bahrain.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Ok Comboomer posted:

I think that global rape/brothel culture is worth discussing here, but lol if you don't think that colonialism and capitalism don't have a direct hand in its modern development, or in the grotesque economic and social influences that feed it. Like, regularly going to brothels is a super common and ingrained practice in lots of "catholic" Latin American countries, but there's absolutely a very visible economic and class component there-- to say nothing of how these cultures of abuse are actively built up and promoted by colonizing powers.

Like, when Western businessmen travel to third world countries for work, you don't think that the sex tourism that many of them participate in isn't explicitly treated as a perk of their job, or that that particular industry doesn't have a centuries-long tradition of catering to wealthy foreigners? Third world colonies and economic vassal states are historically relatively lawless in those regards by design. The British Crown didn't want prostitution rampant in the streets of late-19th Century London, but they were more than happy to make sure that their business travelers and enlisted men were properly "taken care of" while on their tours of duty through the empire.

And you should really look into the relationship between US military bases and sex work/exploitation literally everywhere in the world, but especially in Asia (read up on Korean and Japanese base brothels, or about how the US military basically took over the South Vietnamese sex trade), the Pacific, and Latin America.

That's every military really. And the amount of sex traffic in places like the ME, Africa, Asia, or Latina America is jaw dropping even in places the US and US military do not go or have a presence. That stuff was going on before West or the US and it will be there long after both as well. It's a much larger global issue than people are aware of.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

MysteriousStranger posted:

That's every military really. And the amount of sex traffic in places like the ME, Africa, Asia, or Latina America is jaw dropping even in places the US and US military do not go or have a presence. That stuff was going on before West or the US and it will be there long after both as well. It's a much larger global issue than people are aware of.

what an utterly worthless post

like, no poo poo It’s global. or that every military has active sex trafficking and that sex work predates western culture and all of that.

like, no poo poo.

my first point was that the colonial and capitalist forces that create a “global south” in the first place actively feed global sex trafficking and exploitation. that isn’t somehow invalidated because “those cultures would have sex work regardless” or whatever.

the types of forces that keep societies and systems of governments weak and corrupt for the benefit of the wealthy create the spaces for this type of poo poo to flourish.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Singapore legalized prostitution* after it became the capital capital of Asia after Hong Kong was returned to the Chinese and lost that status.

*Brothels and actively soliciting prostitution is illegal so it should be virtually impossible but it isn't enforced so it's kind of the same as weed in Netherlands.

Capital definitely requires and enables prostitution.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

One suicide and one high speed paparazi chase coming right up your highness

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

In hindsight it's pretty funny that Lee Harvey Oswald was caught but very publicly murdered before he could have a trial.

The US of A really should do a better job of protecting extremely valuable suspects.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

In hindsight it's pretty funny that Lee Harvey Oswald was caught but very publicly murdered before he could have a trial.

The US of A really should do a better job of protecting extremely valuable suspects.

The same thing happened to john Wilks booth

Killed by jack ruby as part of a CIA/Mafia conspiracy

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

fanfic insert posted:

Singapore legalized prostitution* after it became the capital capital of Asia after Hong Kong was returned to the Chinese and lost that status.

*Brothels and actively soliciting prostitution is illegal so it should be virtually impossible but it isn't enforced so it's kind of the same as weed in Netherlands.

Capital definitely requires and enables prostitution.

That is absolutely correct

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Demiurge4 posted:

Okay I will preface that I'm going down a rabbit hole and I don't like it but COME ON!

Woman on the left

y
i
k
e
s

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

god drat the pedo illuminati is real

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Kefahuchi_son!!! posted:

According to the inspector who headed the case, and was later dismissed from the force, the Mccan affair is indeed a conspiracy, but one from the british authorities and police to protect the Mccans.
There was evidence that the child died, due to parental negligence, and then everything was done to make it seem as a kidnapping.
The inspector was dismissed after several tense confrontations with his superiors and the english investigators, and later wrote a book about the whole thing.

German police claim to have evidence of a German national being responsible for the kidnapping and murder: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53043818.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
we are Qanon

bio force ape
Apr 3, 2016

getting a bad feeling about Prince Andrew, you guys

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The way the Casa Pia case was handled, on one hand, there was indeed persecution of the handlers but on the other hand a good part of the celebs indicated had the chance to have tv broadcasts and magazines straight up call the victims "the real abusers" and were chavelier as hell about showing "the evidence" over and over again on public tv. You couldn't watch tv, in days, without seeing "Oh, we found CP! Let us show you some of IT" with stern music and someone reprimanding on the background. And at the time people would tell me off when I changed the channel when that popped on the tv as "alarmist".

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

Okay I will preface that I'm going down a rabbit hole and I don't like it but COME ON!

Woman on the left

it really doesn't fit with her MO and that could be anyone. ghislaine is a different kind of monster

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Elderbean posted:

Yeah, when I was in the navy we would get PowerPoint presentations on human trafficking and there are TECHNICALLY rules in the UCMJ that punish people who partake but lmao at those being enforced. Lots of dudes would eagerly await ports in places like Thailand, or would beeline toward the Eastern European woman that would hang around certain hotels in Bahrain.

I think this got missed but there was a report that the base on Bahrain had up to 15% of the sailors involved in a trafficking ring

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...-diVVNSRGOCvufY

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

PederP posted:

German police claim to have evidence of a German national being responsible for the kidnapping and murder: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53043818.

Yeah those news were responsible for a renewed media frenzy about it in Portugal, and the former investigator gave a number of interviews, standing by his findings.
The guy always comes across as having a huge ego, with a bone to pick with the british police ( understandable as the whole thing sunk his career), but argues convincingly that the suspect is the perfect fall guy, with no direct evidence, without known friends or family, and prior child abuse in his record.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
you guys think the illuminati have arguments over pedophilia and ephebophilia? some really classic gbs poo poo?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Giga Gaia posted:

you guys think the illuminati have arguments over pedophilia and ephebophilia? some really classic gbs poo poo?
Seems like they're pretty much in agreement with each other on the issue from here.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

crepeface posted:

to be serious about it, the usual conspiracy theories are the gateway to epstein brain, not the other way around. once you hold the shining answer in your mind that there needs to be no grand conspiracy other than coinciding self-interest of the wealthy and powerful to indulge any whim without consequence, i don't see how you go backwards to jews and qanon. class is the final stage of conspiracy theories.

Sure, but a lot of people don't come at it from the class consciousness viewpoint. There's plenty of Q freaks who point to Epstein as specific evidence of the Democratic/Jewish cabal and conveniently erase Trump and any other GOP members in good standing from the record.

I also do think this is a little optimistic, suggesting that by coming at it from the Left you'll by default avoid the backwards slide. When plenty of people here get deep in the weeds of the CIA stuff, you do start finding yourself in weird territory or dark corners where it's no longer easy to discern what's probably real and what's urban legend and tinfoil hat poo poo, and it's easy for the far right to sneak in. Like, we know the facts of this poo poo, we see the blatant connections that are just missing the smoking gun, but then there's all the detours and rabbit holes that we all wind up going down that, all I'm saying is watch your back. It's real Mountains of Madness poo poo and I see plenty of well-meaning people, at least on Facebook, accidentally parroting anti-Semitic poo poo without realizing it because Epstein has broken their worldview wide open.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Giga Gaia posted:

https://twitter.com/legaladvice_txt/status/1280864184872448003?s=19

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/maelfyn/status/1280842996171358208?s=21

:thunk:

edit: :mad: Jose

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

lmao. time to scrape the internet archive and find out how mad online this account was at the epic goon rush of r/jailbait

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Sir Tonk posted:

finkelstein owns

Yeah that video of him owning dershowitz on democracy now owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

Yeah that video of him owning dershowitz on democracy now owns

Him owning zuckerbergs sister at an event be was speaking was great

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
what the gently caress

that Ghislaine is a redditor thread is breaking my brain

WHAT THE gently caress???

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

what the gently caress

pedophiles? on reddit?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think the Dersh had a hand in getting Finkelstein fired/denied tenure from his job, so it's very personal for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWMSPEoD8o

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gradenko_2000 posted:

what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/Bolshevik420/status/1280868238889553921?s=20

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won