Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/BigTruzzJack/status/1280232113522999296?s=20

Pretty telling that the Mahomes lowlight package comes from like just two or three games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Andy will be what, 72 when the contract is done? He could make it.

10 years of Mahomes and Reid is gonna be so loving good if the NFL even makes it 10 more years

Patrick Spens posted:

That's not wrong, and you definitely need a good QB to compete, but can you build a SB winning team when you're paying a good but not transcendent QB 20% of your cap?
I'd say your chances with Watson at least would be pretty fuckin legit, except for the whole "getting through the Chiefs" thing. Dak maybe not so much, I realize he has the market value but I don't think he's on the same level.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Remember how fun the Warriors were at the very beginning, that's probably how the Chiefs are going to be.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

wandler20 posted:

What would Dak get on the open market? How about Deshaun?

Well there's some books they can post screenshots of

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
A contract like that seems like tempting the acl gods...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Remember how fun the Warriors were at the very beginning, that's probably how the Chiefs are going to be.

Wouldn't surprise me, also wouldn't surprise me if they're one and done as far as championships.

The Pats have kinda got some people into this mindset that dynasties are easy with a great coach and great superhuman QB when, man there's so much poo poo that can go wrong and ruin any particular season.

Obviously I don't want this to happen, but I am prepared for the possibility.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

A contract like that seems like tempting the acl gods...

*Mahomes casually cashes his $140M injury guarantee check*

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Wouldn't surprise me, also wouldn't surprise me if they're one and done as far as championships.

The Pats have kinda got some people into this mindset that dynasties are easy with a great coach and great superhuman QB when, man there's so much poo poo that can go wrong and ruin any particular season.

Obviously I don't want this to happen, but I am prepared for the possibility.

Right. Winning a superbowl is about health, luck, and having enough talent in the right places at the right prices to win.

And the more you win, the more wear and tear are on your best players who are playing 3-4 games more a season then others, the more they're getting paid way more then you can pay them in free agency, and, oh yeah, all your coaches and front office people are being picked off to run other teams. The front office thing is typically the hardest to deal with, because drafting is very cyclical, and your best windows to win is ~2-5 years after you had a run of excellent drafting. Let alone that almost any position outside of QB has a shelf life shorter then a video game console generation.

Hell, look at the 2012 seahawks, which had, 3 likely hall of famers on that defense and a great young QB, and won... 1 Superbowl

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Back in 2010 would anyone have thought that Rodgers wouldn’t win another Super Bowl? What about Brees?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Back in 2010 would anyone have thought that Rodgers wouldn’t win another Super Bowl? What about Brees?

I would've said Rodgers would win another but Brees wouldn't.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It's still shocking that Rodgers has only won 1 SB. I wonder sometimes if they would have beaten the Pats had they not collapsed in the NFCCG.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The difference is there is no Durant equal to make the chiefs unfun. Mahomes will always be awesome to watch

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Metapod posted:

The difference is there is no Durant equal to make the chiefs unfun. Mahomes will always be awesome to watch

He’ll come out in support of Q.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

Nah

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Right, yeah, Rodgers is a great example

2011: Goes 15-1, at the height of his power, defense is mediocre, gets their doors blown off by the Giants in the playoffs.
2012: Fixes the defense, goes 11-5, has absolutely no answers for Kaepernick in the playoffs
2013: Rodgers misses half the season, lost season.
2014: Rodgers is back! runs into finely tuned Seahawks buzzsaw in the playoffs.
2015: Roster is starting to fade, Rodgers still Rodgers, go only 10-6 and lose to.. the Cardinals? You lost to the 2015 Arizona Cardinals in the playoffs?
2016: Retool the offense, but run into the Falcons buzzsaw in the NFCC.

Then the roster falls apart until last year, and now Rodgers is gonna be 37. Could've won the Superbowl 3? 4? 5? times in the last decade, but just couldn't put the right healthy roster together or ran into a hotter team.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Manoueverable posted:

It's still shocking that Rodgers has only won 1 SB. I wonder sometimes if they would have beaten the Pats had they not collapsed in the NFCCG.

This is entirely the packers' fault

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1280900827788578816

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shush.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

The Warriors were always turds and never fun. The Chiefs are electric, like the Greatest Show on Turf but with a way more mobile QB

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Kalli posted:

Right, yeah, Rodgers is a great example

2015: Roster is starting to fade, Rodgers still Rodgers, go only 10-6 and lose to.. the Cardinals? You lost to the 2015 Arizona Cardinals in the playoffs?

I remembered it being a good game, but holy poo poo did Rodgers not have a soul to throw to. Leading receiver Jeff Janis?

Also I recall Carson Palmer getting legit MVP buzz that year (the Cardinals went 13-3)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

gently caress you

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ozymandius1024 posted:

I remembered it being a good game, but holy poo poo did Rodgers not have a soul to throw to. Leading receiver Jeff Janis?

Also I recall Carson Palmer getting legit MVP buzz that year (the Cardinals went 13-3)

Yeah, that Cardinals team was legit that year. Palmer was really good, rookie David Johnson replaced an injured Chris Johnson at mid season, and Fitzgerald was Fitzgerald.

That was also the game with Rodgers hitting a pair of insane Hail Marys to Jeff Janis just to force OT, only for Palmer to scramble(!) and throw across the field to Larry Fitzgerald who went like 70 yards to set up the winning TD (A shovel pass to Larry!) a play or two later.

That game was a classic.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

After 2010 and 2011 I think people imagined Rodgers would be back in the Super Bowl every other year and... well, not so much!

Edit: totally beaten

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Both packers v cardinals playoff games last decade were incredibly good and ended basically the same way both times. I would like the cards to be good again and experience another one kf these games before rodgers gets shoved out the door for love.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I forgot the Packers drafted Jordan Love

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1280917289790058496?s=20

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Fenrir posted:

Andy will be what, 72 when the contract is done? He could make it.

Coaching with Mahomes leading the team should at least lower your blood pressure/stress that could induce heart attacks.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

latinotwink1997 posted:

Coaching with Mahomes leading the team should at least lower your blood pressure/stress that could induce heart attacks.

I'm not sure that coaching the ultimate no no no NO NO... YES! qb is good for you, bp wise

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

tarbrush posted:

I'm not sure that coaching the ultimate no no no NO NO... YES! qb is good for you, bp wise

I mean, young Andy was OC for young, insane Brett Favre. You’d think he’d be used to it, and he usually seems really calm.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

really queer Christmas posted:

Both packers v cardinals playoff games last decade were incredibly good and ended basically the same way both times. I would like the cards to be good again and experience another one kf these games before rodgers gets shoved out the door for love.

The 2009 one is probably my favorite football game ever. Kurt Warner played a perfect game but Rodgers just wouldn't let him take it easy. A 51-45 shootout that ended with a defensive touchdown in OT. Magnificent.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
:smith:

https://twitter.com/Reflog_18/status/1280921198684246016?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fuuuuck

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

drat

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sad but thankfully he’s got an asset like this to sell and improve his situation. Tons of players go through this but it’s usually selling a 3 year old jetski and a bunch of watches that nobody could possibly want at the prices they originally paid.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What’s going on with Josh that’s making him sell his SB ring?

I guess with all the suspensions he hasn’t been getting paid.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That just makes me think that all that talk about helping Josh never had anything to do with helping him manage his money/life and was only to get to use him as a tool on the field :/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ASAPRockySituation posted:

That just makes me think that all that talk about helping Josh never had anything to do with helping him manage his money/life and was only to get to use him as a tool on the field :/

no *takes deep breath* poo poo

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He never got paid. He was a mid round rookie who then got suspended over and over.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rehab ain't cheap and his habit may not be either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

This was the year that our #1 receiver for the Cardinals game was, iirc, Jeff Janis because everyone else was injured. And Rodgers still very nearly managed to pull off a miracle win throwing Hail Marys to an UDFA receiver.

edit: Look at that goddamn stat sheet. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201601160crd.htm