Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Don't worry it came back down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Plek posted:

Not just lifted, she straight up cut a swath of the planet away.

I feel like that would make it very wobbly

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The opening scene from ghost ship but with the planet

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

pik_d posted:

I feel like that would make it very wobbly

The planet has the properties of both gum and rubber.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Brought To You By posted:

That's a pretty sharp spike in powerlevels.

I'm wondering if we're getting a diverging plot with the manga. Without knowledge of the webcomic it would look like things are escalating to an endgame.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's been pretty clear that this is One Punch Man Remake for a while now.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah the story has veered off pretty wildly since the Garou arc began. The general beats are similar but the paths between them are new.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Yeah, ONE co-writes Murata's remake. In a way it's like a web novel being expanded and re-written as an actual light novel. Many of the new things added to the Murata release are finding their way back into the webcomic. As an example (practically not a spoiler really), Suiryu, the martial arts tournament guy, was an original character in the Murata remake. However, he has now shown up in the webcomic and it is expected that you've seen him before.

Any divergences are mostly meaningless in the long run to the actual story. And anything big is either retconned by Murata or added by ONE to the webcomic.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I see the content added for the Murata version to mostly expand on the story and characters, and possibly build more foreshadowing for the entire arc of the series.

I genuinely believe the main beats will be the same as the webcomic (characters who kill / defeat other characters, and major story twists). And this immediate conflict is not going to be the end of story.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This latest chapter has some cute references to later stuff from the webcomic so I can't imagine it's not going to adapt the whole thing. It's just that along with the additions and changes the manga emphasises scale a lot more, which was kinda inevitable I guess considering that's one of the strengths of Murata's art.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

psykos absorbed 1% of murata's horniness and used it to power her attack

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
At least it's all kind of - tasteful? Maybe. There have been no onsen chapters at least.

No, there was whip lady monster... Also all those camera angles of the esper twins... I retract my statement.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Nalin posted:

Any divergences are mostly meaningless in the long run to the actual story. And anything big is either retconned by Murata or added by ONE to the webcomic.

I disagree. The webcomic and the manga emphasize very different things and are distinct stories, despite portraying roughly the same events.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

So the tentacle touching Saitama for a split second absorbed enough power to shave a slice off the earth. Love it.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

I disagree. The webcomic and the manga emphasize very different things and are distinct stories, despite portraying roughly the same events.

Even though I follow both I can't think off the top of my head any major manga thing that actually directly contradicts the plot of the webcomic.

What I still find interesting is that in the manga you will still get certain chapters that are almost a word for word remake. The Garou vs Darkshine fight is a good example.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
no one man could b this horny

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

graham cracker posted:

So the tentacle touching Saitama for a split second absorbed enough power to shave a slice off the earth. Love it.

I'm not sure about that. Didn't Homeless Emperor also get his power from some kind of god?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

oh jay posted:

How do you know he's God? Does he have ID?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

I'm not sure about that. Didn't Homeless Emperor also get his power from some kind of god?

Yeah, but that one showed up looking humanoid. This one showed up lookin like Ego the Living Planet.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Perhaps by seeing it psychically, she was in proportion to it's power, not it's actual size. That was a fingertip.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
This comic is goddamned amazing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Bucswabe posted:

Even though I follow both I can't think off the top of my head any major manga thing that actually directly contradicts the plot of the webcomic.

I'm mainly thinking of the current Monster Association arc. The plots are the same in the sense that the characters have the same names and the A -> B series of events are roughly the same, but the context, character motivations and overall narrative are very different.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Nice piece of fish posted:

This comic is goddamned amazing.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Elfface posted:

Perhaps by seeing it psychically, she was in proportion to it's power, not it's actual size. That was a fingertip.

Maybe Saitama perceives this god as limited time sales at the supermarket.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, but that one showed up looking humanoid. This one showed up lookin like Ego the Living Planet.

hellstar remina lookin' rear end evil planet

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Edit: nvm, I just found it on my own.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jul 10, 2020

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I just love the page of Tatsukami talking about great power resulting in being alone and saying that's a stupid idea while she's pictured in a black void above a city miles beneath her. It's such an elegant image that totally encapsulates her as a character.

As for the God talk; we already established that god dwells with Saitama's body. Probably rent free as well. And by established I mean one character said it in a frivolous way to describe him doing insanely well at a physical exam.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

God is, of course, just hiding there to shirk his responsibilities and is in no way responsible for Saitama's power. That's all him.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elfface posted:

At the end of the fight it zooms out, she sees that god is some giant bald guy?? and then she crack-pings and collapses into despair.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fly Molo posted:

At the end of the fight it zooms out, she sees that god is some giant bald guy?? and then she crack-pings and collapses into despair.

That planet? Merely a single one of his pores. He needs to exfoliate more.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Saitama can't be God, he has to punch God at some point.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zartosht posted:

It would be funnier if he kills god accidentally. Way funnier if he doesn’t even realize it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saitama kills God and is written out of the story as he's finally found a worthy opponent: The broken slider for his hair.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Fly Molo posted:

It would be funnier if he kills god accidentally. Way funnier if he doesn’t even realize it.

If God cuts in line at the supermarket, kill him

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zartosht posted:

Saitama is Buddha obviously.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Attack and dethrone God.

Speaking of which, when's onepuch man going to throw a onepunch?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Saitama kills God and is written out of the story as he's finally found a worthy opponent: The broken slider for his hair.
Just picturing Caped Baldy repeatedly smashing his fists against a comically enormous dot to no avail.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Jimbot posted:

Attack and dethrone God.

With Murata it's about the journey. The horny horny journey.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I wonder if God is "bigger" than Pyschorochi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jimbot posted:

Attack and dethrone God.