Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Systematic System posted:

I started playing Xenoblade X on CEMU and it comes with loads of optional cheats. You can give yourself the option of changing the time from the menu instead of having to go to a camp, increase the EXP/Battle points/affinity, anything you want, force certain rarities of loot to drop, increase the range of picking up collectibles, make it so you can see yellow chat bubbles from super far away, turn off the Overdrive/Skell flying music so you can listen to Uncontrollable/the local music instead, modify the rate that you get resources from FrontierNav, have squad missions offline and increase the number of reward tickets you get, and more. I tried playing the game like 4 times on the Wii U over the years, and I kept bouncing off the game because of some of the grindier elements, but I'm really enjoying it now that it is a bit more streamlined with less grinding and some QoL stuff on CEMU.

Okay, been thinking about this some more and out of interest how does the Wii U gamepad mapping work on CEMU?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Does anyone have a link to the google doc spreadsheet? I'm trying to do some Colony 6 stuff before I reach the endgame and I definitely do not remember where some of these materials are supposed to be.

DE has been a lot of fun, turns out I forgot about 50% of the plot so it's been almost like playing it for the first time again.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

The character designs are another reason I probably won’t play Xenoblade II even though I’m really enjoying XC:DE. The red sword lady, for example, literally looks like after the artists were done with her, someone went in and made her boobs twice as big, as a joke.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Manoueverable posted:

Does anyone have a link to the google doc spreadsheet? I'm trying to do some Colony 6 stuff before I reach the endgame and I definitely do not remember where some of these materials are supposed to be.

DE has been a lot of fun, turns out I forgot about 50% of the plot so it's been almost like playing it for the first time again.

Here you go

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1zsw4BoNPdCEmKI4k0_beIAsDt77ii-vVgLegaph3518/htmlview

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

multijoe posted:

Okay, been thinking about this some more and out of interest how does the Wii U gamepad mapping work on CEMU?

There's another window with touch support for the screen (works well if you have two monitors) and you just bind the actual buttons to keys/a pad.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
I believe there is even an option to have a hotkey that toggles between the regular screen and the Gamepad window in case you don't have a second monitor? That would work fine in XBX because you never need to look at both screens at the same time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Systematic System posted:

I believe there is even an option to have a hotkey that toggles between the regular screen and the Gamepad window in case you don't have a second monitor? That would work fine in XBX because you never need to look at both screens at the same time.

Yeah I think it's Tab by default

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Started Xenoblade Chronicles DE this evening and there's an update for it.

Here's a list I found of possible updates

– Turning off tutorial popups also turns off the casual mode popup.
– Fixed NG+ affinity coin underflow.
– Fixed an inconsistency with auto-attack delay.
– Fixed a softlock if the player falls off a cliff before a vision.
– Seems to have fixed new Tephra Cave skip.
– Fixed some Uniques running away too easily.
– Fixed some cutscene musics/GFX.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jet Jaguar posted:

Cowards

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Ogmius815 posted:

The character designs are another reason I probably won’t play Xenoblade II even though I’m really enjoying XC:DE. The red sword lady, for example, literally looks like after the artists were done with her, someone went in and made her boobs twice as big, as a joke.

The character designs are insane and even though I really like the game it's very hard to recommend it to people.
"So you like this game where your 14 year old character has some big boobed anime waifus?"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

When I was 14, big boobed waifus were all I could ever want. It's relatable.

e: also, the Xeno series in general has always been pretty drat anime, so I don't even bother recommending any Xenoblade to people who aren't already mecha fans, robot fuckers, or Smash players who think Shulk is neat

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009

Takoluka posted:

When I was 14, big boobed waifus were all I could ever want. It's relatable.

e: also, the Xeno series in general has always been pretty drat anime, so I don't even bother recommending any Xenoblade to people who aren't already mecha fans, robot fuckers, or Smash players who think Shulk is neat

Yeah I was kind of wtf on the game for about 20 minutes on the design and then I got over it.

Until I pulled Dahlia out of a core crystal and wtf’d for another 3 minutes, then kept moving on. Game is good.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Zarfol posted:

Yeah I was kind of wtf on the game for about 20 minutes on the design and then I got over it.

Until I pulled Dahlia out of a core crystal and wtf’d for another 3 minutes, then kept moving on. Game is good.

Dahlia is the only Blade I have left to get, and I think I'm good on never pulling her!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

It can be pretty drat distracting when Pyra does that "holds hands to chest and looks sad" anime cutscene bullshit for the 800th time. Other than that I got used to it and when I pulled some huge-titted nonsense blade I just laughed.

Taear posted:

"So you like this game where your 14 year old character has some big boobed anime waifus?"

A big boobed anime waifu that's like 1000 years old and who is head over heels in love with a 15 year old boy. :shepface:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Safari Disco Lion posted:

It can be pretty drat distracting when Pyra does that "holds hands to chest and looks sad" anime cutscene bullshit for the 800th time. Other than that I got used to it and when I pulled some huge-titted nonsense blade I just laughed.

A big boobed anime waifu that's like 1000 years old and who is head over heels in love with a 15 year old boy. :shepface:

It's so disappointing that Xenoblade gets so much more tropey from XB1 to XB2.
Future Connected is proper tropey too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Everyone always seems to forget mentioning Sharla's incredibly awful attire back in the day

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
It was ironic to me how Pyra came off as conservative to the point of saying that she's "self conscious" with a scene even about how she's not too confident about her body, yet she never bothers to cover up.

Mythra is also a giant bitch.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Tae posted:

Everyone always seems to forget mentioning Sharla's incredibly awful attire back in the day

I mean until the remake it's not really possible to SEE that she's got assless chaps on honestly. And she still looks more like a normal person.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Tae posted:

That's probably because nobody uses Sharla after like, Sartorl marsh because she sucks. But yeah, most of her clothes have assless pants.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I want to put a bullet in my head every time someone uses the term 'tropey'

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 9, 2020

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

punk rebel ecks posted:

It was ironic to me how Pyra came off as conservative to the point of saying that she's "self conscious" with a scene even about how she's not too confident about her body, yet she never bothers to cover up.

That Cutscene instantly made me dislike Mythra but it also graced us with the divine perfection that is Dromarch in a sleeping cap with ears so I didn't rage quit the game right then.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mythra owns and her English VA is perfect.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I want to put a bullet in my head every time someone uses the term 'tropey'

Oh, okay.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I mean basically everything under the sun is a trope, so best just to say making it a harem romance between a 15 year old boy and numerous women all of whom are vastly older than him extremely sucked

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

multijoe posted:

I mean basically everything under the sun is a trope, so best just to say making it a harem romance between a 15 year old boy and numerous women all of whom are vastly older than him extremely sucked

It still makes sense in the context of what we're talking about.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm not certain of the scene in question, but Pyra comments about being self-conscious whenever it turns into night time because she glows and feels like that's really weird.

but also

chumbler posted:

Mythra owns and her English VA is perfect.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I really don't get why people keep trying to hang this on XBC2, considering she spent those 600-odd years between Torna and XBC2 in stasis :confused:. Subjectively she's like a couple years older than Rex at best.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I really don't get why people keep trying to hang this on XBC2, considering she spent those 600-odd years between Torna and XBC2 in stasis :confused:. Subjectively she's like a couple years older than Rex at best.

lol

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Whenever somebody says something like that, it reminds me of when Disgaea came out and people were defending sexualizing Etna because she has a 10,000 year old demon soul (but the body of a ten-year-old girl)

Edit: this is sort of like the inverse, I guess

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

There's no excuse for Etna (the new mobile game is quadrupling down on it in the grossest way), but Mythra was a bratty teenager being dragged around by goofy old man Addam. She basically got a half century nap in a KOS-MOS pod and is mentally on Rex and Nia's level, and they don't play up any weird age stuff ever. It's like the one thing XC2 is actually pretty good about!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Nia though ...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nia good

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Nia *is* old enough to be Rex's grandmother and also wants to ride him

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Takoluka posted:

There's no excuse for Etna (the new mobile game is quadrupling down on it in the grossest way)

Ugh, really?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The current or recent banner (I don't play it, but I see art of it) really focuses a lot on Etna in a school swimsuit as she nearly pulls the thing off. I've seen Etna's original design enough that it barely phases me, and these screenshots I've seen are just... way too much and way worse than anything in the original games.

This tweet may put you on a list.

https://twitter.com/disgaea_app/status/1277874525862944769?s=21

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Takoluka posted:

The current or recent banner (I don't play it, but I see art of it) really focuses a lot on Etna in a school swimsuit as she nearly pulls the thing off. I've seen Etna's original design enough that it barely phases me, and these screenshots I've seen are just... way too much and way worse than anything in the original games.

Welp.

At least Desco wearing a floaty ring is funny.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Jet Jaguar posted:

No I liked being told I'm a pathetic worm for dying to the same unique on Valak Mountain

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Is it possible or beneficial to get a 5* affinity in Upper Bionis before the events in the central factory? I know I’m missing later quests like the one that lets you get into the other secret room in the high entia tomb but I forget if that’s only accessible before that point. I ask as I have no quests left to build affinity.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Yeah because a lot of the High Entia move to Eryth Sea which is part of upper Bionis and I think your rating affects what quests you can get there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah because a lot of the High Entia move to Eryth Sea which is part of upper Bionis and I think your rating affects what quests you can get there?

Okay, in that case, how do you achieve the 5* if you’ve done everything? This includes all quests AND running around getting those extra boosts when you talk to named NPCs.