Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Also,

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1280976482752507904?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It’s like poetry.

It rhymes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ladies and gentlemen, the new NFC South.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

If they don’t jump on the Red Tails they’re morons.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please dont use redtails

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Washington Whigs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How about Rat Tails? Wouldn't take much to modify the logo.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1280980783696674820?s=20

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Washington Whigs

Washington Witchers: They're not PEDs, they're mutagens

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

How about Rat Tails? Wouldn't take much to modify the logo.

Is DuckTails taken?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Spoeank posted:

Jerick McKinnon doesn't count. It's Mostert/McKinnon/Coleman/Jeff Wilson with Hasty/Ahmed on the practice squad right now.

Granted, RBs deserve better pay, but in our world Mostert is going to get shipped off to some hopeless team and immediately be forgotten.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Is DuckTails taken?

Woo-oo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

King Hong Kong posted:

Granted, RBs deserve better pay, but in our world Mostert is going to get shipped off to some hopeless team and immediately be forgotten.

They already have saquon though

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

Right, yeah, Rodgers is a great example

2011: Goes 15-1, at the height of his power, defense is mediocre, gets their doors blown off by the Giants in the playoffs.
2012: Fixes the defense, goes 11-5, has absolutely no answers for Kaepernick in the playoffs
2013: Rodgers misses half the season, lost season.
2014: Rodgers is back! runs into finely tuned Seahawks buzzsaw in the playoffs.
2015: Roster is starting to fade, Rodgers still Rodgers, go only 10-6 and lose to.. the Cardinals? You lost to the 2015 Arizona Cardinals in the playoffs?
2016: Retool the offense, but run into the Falcons buzzsaw in the NFCC.

Then the roster falls apart until last year, and now Rodgers is gonna be 37. Could've won the Superbowl 3? 4? 5? times in the last decade, but just couldn't put the right healthy roster together or ran into a hotter team.

2011 defense was BAD. Not mediocre. Losing Nick Collins week one was a huge part of that. Also zero running game.

2012 defense was also bad particularly against the run. Dom Capers got fully exposed this season.

2013 was a lost season due to injury but week 17 win-and-in against the Bears rocked. Also would have won the WC game if Hyde caught the pick.

2014 was easily the best chance for a second super bowl. Full team meltdown and Rodgers was on one leg half the season. NFCCG broke me.

2015 was a bad year. Jordy lost for the season immediately, Davante had the drops bad, and the defense again was garbage. Rodgers heroics got the team to the playoffs and OT against the Cardinals, but literally ran out of WRs to put on the field due to injury (including one due to Cobb being mic'd up)

2016 was fun, defense garbage, and they got to the NFCCG entirely on his back.

E: I think a big problem with the team has been tied to a) Dom Capers, and b) relying on Ted Thompson being awake during the draft. They did not draft well at all in the 2010s. The defensive scheme and drafting philosophies didn't mesh at all.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 8, 2020

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Hey make some sports predictions and win avatars or account upgrades:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932109

I feel like all my infection numbers are 10 times too low.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

needs brett favre's dick

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Drew Brees' politics.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I remember Noel Devine high school tapes and him looking like the best player ever

Joe McKnight too

I watched Anthony Morelli make my poor brother and cousin's team look like they'd never played football before and I'm not even sure he ever played an actual NFL game.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Steve McNair’s choice of side piece.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mike vick has done a lot for pets op

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

That's pretty reasonable and only a small raise, I'm surprised SF let it get to this point if that's what he's looking to get

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's a terrible name for a football team. That's like a low A ball team name.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Keep the logo and call them the Washington Americans

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Seems like a lot of effort to go through when Christian Hackenberg exists.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Washington Blue Crabs or Washington Blue Bloods

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I never said it was ok just that your dumb weed take was dumb. Dude's substance history is substantial and paying for his habits likely played a part in him getting to this point. Toss in him being in rehab for literally years at this point and that's a poo poo load of money.

https://www.gq.com/story/josh-gordon-nfl-2017-interview

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/09/18/josh-gordon-drugs-suspension-timeline

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/28/josh-gordon-interview-cleveland-browns-nfl

You posted two articles I’ve already posted and I’m still struggling to see a difference between our arguments besides you getting too literal on the cost of his drugs. He lost way more money due to the results of his taking those drugs than he did actually spending money on drugs. It’d be like blaming Vince youngs financial woes on tequila.

He’s a young dude who was railroaded due to failed marijuana tests. Which now wouldn’t even be a thing and they shouldn’t have really been a thing back then. Doesn’t excuse his reckless behavior but it still requires notice and merit.

Did he fail a test for anything but weed?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Doltos posted:

It's a terrible name for a football team. That's like a low A ball team name.

Make me think red squirrel. Annoying, small, terrible.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Amy Pole Her posted:

You posted two articles I’ve already posted and I’m still struggling to see a difference between our arguments besides you getting too literal on the cost of his drugs. He lost way more money due to the results of his taking those drugs than he did actually spending money on drugs. It’d be like blaming Vince youngs financial woes on tequila.

He’s a young dude who was railroaded due to failed marijuana tests. Which now wouldn’t even be a thing and they shouldn’t have really been a thing back then. Doesn’t excuse his reckless behavior but it still requires notice and merit.

Did he fail a test for anything but weed?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/28/josh-gordon-interview-cleveland-browns-nfl

quote:

He’s asking the football world not for a second chance but a ninth or 10th. He has been suspended by the NFL or by the Browns on five separate occasions since 2013, following failed tests for marijuana, codeine and alcohol.

He was popped for alcohol after he was in the substance abuse program thingy. I don't recall there being a specific mention of what he relapsed with on the patriots just that he managed to escape the security guys the team had assigned to keep him sober.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Rehab ain't cheap and his habit may not be either.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Ah yes the well known money pit known as weed addiction

aka :hurr: weed :hurr: despite the mountain of evidence that he's burned money on many other substances. The possibility of another substance was enough for you to say "it's just weed"

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Seems like a lot of effort to go through when Christian Hackenberg exists.

lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hack deserved a shot dammit.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Washington should just sell the naming rights to the team like everyone does to their stadium. The Washington Fed Exes. How much do you think they could make off this? New name, uniforms, merch... every five years.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Pats owned the Falcons so hard they took their spot in the division?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Sono posted:

Pats owned the Falcons so hard they took their spot in the division?
yeah

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The NFL’s Around the NFL podcast’s Chris Wesseling’s cancer has come back after 2 years of remission.

While being treated for it last time he got engaged to his now wife, and their son was born a week after this latest diagnosis.

My mother passed away after 8 years of remission and recurrence cycles of cancer in March, so just thinking about what he and his family are going / will go through is rough

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hack deserved a shot dammit.

He got his shot in the AAF.

To his credit, it took three games for him to get benched.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mega64 posted:

AAF doesn’t count, some stars only shine when the spotlight is brightest.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

AAF doesn’t count, some stars only shine when the spotlight is brightest.

Expanding on that metaphor, sometimes when you see a star at night you're actually just seeing the light from something that died a long time ago.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Mega64 posted:

he definitely should have been benched after one series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Julian Edelman trying to reach out to Desean Jackson.