Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah i dunno if power move or if rich people bad at math

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that time when Trump's pick to handle the 'Rona crisis introduced herself by talking about her work fighting AIDs in the 80s.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

moist turtleneck posted:

I remembered wilbur ross wearing expensive slippers after hearing about brooks brothers going down so I looked up the brand wilbur chooses and they have covid 19 slippers now

https://stubbsandwootton.com/collections/covid-19-men

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

What happened to Birx anyway? I haven't seen her in a while, although I stopped watching the 'roni pressers (although I think there haven't been any in a while). Hm, it actually sounds like COVID is under control in the US, good job

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Filthy Hans posted:

iirc Abuela didn't even come out and thank her campaigners on the night of her loss, she just ghosted the suckers

I believe there are rumors that she was too drunk to give a speech, which is understandable.

When it's becoming clear that you just list an election to Donald Trump, how do not start slamming down the whiskey like a character in Deadwood?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Smirr posted:

What happened to Birx anyway? I haven't seen her in a while, although I stopped watching the 'roni pressers (although I think there haven't been any in a while). Hm, it actually sounds like COVID is under control in the US, good job

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1280668027554594816?s=20

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

MD2020 posted:

I believe there are rumors that she was too drunk to give a speech, which is understandable.

When it's becoming clear that you just list an election to Donald Trump, how do not start slamming down the whiskey like a character in Deadwood?

Her face from her speech the next day would be incredibly haunting if she was in any way likeable. Instead its just like, "Worst person you know clearly just had Worst night of their life".

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
i thought it was common knowledge hillary blacked out?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
do you mean passed out? a blacked out concession speech would make abuela cooler in my estimation

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Krazyface posted:

Mitt Romney delaying his concession speech, because he thought he was going to win and hadn't written one
Hillary Clinton sending out a lackey to give hers, for the same reason

he also cancelled his staffers credit cards immediately, leaving them to pay for their own transportation home

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

big pharma patenting enantiomer pure ketamine because the normal racemic is old as hell and generic, then lobbying to make sure the generic stuff is still schedule 1 while selling their mostly therapeutically identical stuff for 3200 a pill

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Those kids own.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

floorshitter strikes back

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/lvduncecap/status/1212944531710042112?s=21

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

What's Vincent D'Onofrio doing here and why can't they just give him some sugar water?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I just finished watching the four-part “Hillary” documentary. it was interesting and the coverage of the ‘16 race remains pertinent to what is happening in this years election, but yes, the chairman of the DNC having to come down to the party awaiting Hillary’s victory speech and tell them to go home was very amusing.

Also, the FBI investigation into her emails a week and a half before the election found absolutely nothing new in their investigation and still completely torpedoed her chances of winning lol

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/498211667818586112?lang=en

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

I know it’s cliche but

"how will we pay for it"
While the book isn’t the greatest I always like how Joseph Heller put it in Closing Time (his sequel to Catch-22):

“For war there is always enough. It's peace that's expensive.”

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

britishbornandbread posted:

I just finished watching the four-part “Hillary” documentary. it was interesting and the coverage of the ‘16 race remains pertinent to what is happening in this years election, but yes, the chairman of the DNC having to come down to the party awaiting Hillary’s victory speech and tell them to go home was very amusing.

Also, the FBI investigation into her emails a week and a half before the election found absolutely nothing new in their investigation and still completely torpedoed her chances of winning lol

and then comey got fired by trump lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

uber_stoat posted:

that time when Trump's pick to handle the 'Rona crisis introduced herself by talking about her work fighting AIDs in the 80s.

He got Klobuchar?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Boris Johnson is a calculating moron putting on a show and playing up his buffoonery. I can't help but think that Ted Cruz is just being Ted Cruz, and really is that uncharismatic and dumb.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Boris Johnson is a calculating moron putting on a show and playing up his buffoonery. I can't help but think that Ted Cruz is just being Ted Cruz, and really is that uncharismatic and dumb.

he is the senator most hated by other senators. many of them have said that they cant stand him, even fellow republicans

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kitfox88 posted:

and then comey got fired by trump lol

and this was after months of obama publicly saying nothing about it and meeting with comey to tell him he was proud of him or some poo poo while he was still president lmao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

and this was after months of obama publicly saying nothing about it and meeting with comey to tell him he was proud of him or some poo poo while he was still president lmao

if he wanted revenge for how the 2008 primary, well I wouldn't blame him

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hedenius posted:

While the book isn’t the greatest I always like how Joseph Heller put it in Closing Time (his sequel to Catch-22):

“For war there is always enough. It's peace that's expensive.”

When someone asked Heller why he never again wrote a book as good as Catch 22, he replied "Why haven't you?"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/okbutstill/status/1166720488003051521?s=21

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Spergin Morlock posted:

he is the senator most hated by other senators. many of them have said that they cant stand him, even fellow republicans

I think during the Alito confirmation some wag suggested tounge-in-cheek that Bush should have nominated Cruz because all the Democratic senators would confirm just to get rid of him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How Republicans all lauded Joe the Plumber when he stuck it to Obama at a campaign stop. Then it was revealed the guy wasn't named Joe and he wasn't a plumber.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

muscles like this! posted:

How Republicans all lauded Joe the Plumber when he stuck it to Obama at a campaign stop. Then it was revealed the guy wasn't named Joe and he wasn't a plumber.

Tito the Builder.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

http://thisfuckingelection.com/ is still up

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
everyone expecting a hillary speech, and then Podesta and some interns come out and tell them to go home instead

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/kanwetwitty/status/180507465702588416?s=21

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The Hitler auditions thread is the funniest thing LF produced

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
have u reached rock?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

StashAugustine posted:

The Hitler auditions thread is the funniest thing LF produced

linku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
every supporter of Ron Paul called him Dr. Paul.