Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

YoSaff posted:

That said, she did explicitly say "playing an Indian Ravnos not a Roma one because yikes", so...

Yeah. Revised did put in some work to rehab them (oddly by killing most of them) and it showed you can do interesting things with the clan as long as they don't default to 'roguish Roma trickster who talks about The Treatment every other sentence' but again I do forgive people not wanting to put in the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I also wanna keep the Setites because playing Mister Morden is fun as hell.

What do you want?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Y'all

A European game stream just showed actual footage of the new Werewolf game and it's a loving character action game I just saw a Garou do a loving launcher into aerial combo while buttrock played

Holy poo poo

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
look it's 40 seconds total, but, y'know, it's an okay 40 seconds of gameplay

https://twitter.com/WerewolfVGAME/status/1280555215750598656

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ElNarez posted:

you know what, sure, that can work

don't know why they changed the name of pentex, but okay I'm in for this

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

ElNarez posted:

i'm uhhhhhhh... i'm on board with this poo poo.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Arivia posted:

you know what, sure, that can work

don't know why they changed the name of pentex, but okay I'm in for this

Pretty sure Endron is a Pentex subsidiary, like DNA or Black Dog. Not sure it's worth the ~lore bait~ when Pentex is more recognizable to more fans and also a better name that's less obviously a dated reference.

I haven't watched it yet and can't right now, and this isn't so much a response as a thought triggered by the subject, but I feel like the temporary nature of gauru form in Forsaken lends itself to more interesting game play possibilities than the way that poo poo works in Apocalypse.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Yep, an action game is definetly the kind of genre suitable to be a decent fit for Werewolf:The Apocalypse.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
https://www.sescoops.com/the-ascension-reveal-their-new-post-wwe-name/

“The Awakening. It’s like it’s the next step up from The Ascension, It’s still got that connection so the fans can understand it and it’s something that Vik and I think is badass regardless.”

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ElNarez posted:

Okay but what Tribes can we play? Because Stargazer Kailindo.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Apocalypse would lend itself really well to a Musou game. Make checks payable to

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

MonsieurChoc posted:

If I recall correctly, the main character is an exiled Fianna.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I don't know if this is going to have any character customization at all.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I can see using Endron in promo material for an act 3 reveal that THIS IS BIGGER THAN ENDRON after you beat your way up the corporate ladder.

There's going to be first teams and I'm finally going to need a current-gen console.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

If I recall correctly, the main character is an exiled Fianna.

Darn, the worst tribe.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

MonsieurChoc posted:

Darn, the worst tribe.

At least they've been exiled from it. Maybe they were exiled for being too cool?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The Fianna are the Boston of Tribes.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

MonsieurChoc posted:

The Fianna are the Boston of Tribes.
Though it pains me this is a correct analysis. If they give this PC some kind of Cu Chullain warp spasm fetish to explain action gameplay that would be kind of tight.

leaked concept art of the player character's packmates

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That Old Tree posted:

Pretty sure Endron is a Pentex subsidiary, like DNA or Black Dog. Not sure it's worth the ~lore bait~ when Pentex is more recognizable to more fans and also a better name that's less obviously a dated reference.

Yeah, Endron is not only a Pentex subsidiary but also the first company formed that would eventually go on to be Pentex, spinning out of stuff semi-related to the binding of the Storm Eater. I think.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Ugh, it's going to be a timed exclusive to the epic games store.

gently caress.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

they've given away more'n a thousand bucks in free games not sure why you'd have launcher loyalty all things considered

MonsieurChoc posted:

Darn, the worst tribe.

lol the shadowlords are right there c'mon

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The Shadow Lords at least have that classic wolfman regionalism going on for them. They have it more than the Silver Fangs, frankly.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Laughing so hard at the music. Perfect.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

big dog may cry

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Metallia posted:

big dog may cry

WmC

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
It certainly looks like a ps3 action game in the vein of Prototype.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

God of War 1 but with weirdly long stealth sequences in wolf form. The boss of Endron will reveal that an even spookier evil is behind him (Pentex? Some cool Wyrm demon? Just global warming?) and it will cut to credits as your mind is blown.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, Endron is not only a Pentex subsidiary but also the first company formed that would eventually go on to be Pentex, spinning out of stuff semi-related to the binding of the Storm Eater. I think.

The books do a somewhat poor job of portraying it, and often contradict themselves, but Pentex is closer to a hidden conspiracy than an obvious conglomerate. Any direct connection between Pentex and it's subsidiaries is a paper trail so long and convoluted that it'd be a Chronicle itself to discover it. Pentex is meant to be a slow, mind blowing reveal, as the Glasswalker holed up in his room with a cluttered bulletin board connects all the dots and yells "IT'S ALL CONNECTED".

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Which, unfortunately, in half the books is just 'oh poo poo Pentex'. Random Vampire? Pentex share holder. Random Technocrat? Pentex Local Sales Representative. Cultist of Ecstasy? Totally a pharma rep for Magadon but paid directly by Pentex. That one janitor in your apartment building? He works for Pentex Janitorial Services Affiliated, A Delaware Limited Liability Corporation.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Loomer posted:

Which, unfortunately, in half the books is just 'oh poo poo Pentex'. Random Vampire? Pentex share holder. Random Technocrat? Pentex Local Sales Representative. Cultist of Ecstasy? Totally a pharma rep for Magadon but paid directly by Pentex. That one janitor in your apartment building? He works for Pentex Janitorial Services Affiliated, A Delaware Limited Liability Corporation.

*laughs in Wyrm-fueled Capitalism*

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Enzo's not even the only vampire on the board. There's also Zettler, a Malkavian antitribu who used his Dominate to keep the fomori in line. They even have a Black Spiral Dancer Lupus called Francesco and he's really good at it despite being raised as a wolf because something something corporate alpha I guess.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Enzo's not even the only vampire on the board. There's also Zettler, a Malkavian antitribu who used his Dominate to keep the fomori in line. They even have a Black Spiral Dancer Lupus called Francesco and he's really good at it despite being raised as a wolf because something something corporate alpha I guess.
I took Francesco as being a demonstration that cultural roles are limiting which is actually kind of nuanced because a lot of Garou poo poo is a form of traditional culture, and "my engagement with capitalist poo poo gave me the power and cash to express myself the way I wanted to be, not the way I was supposed to be" is like one of the main rhetorical selling points of the enterprise.

This level of nuance in a Black Spiral Dancer was almost certainly an accident.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, among others, including a couple technocrats of the Syndicate, a mage of unknown affiliation, a college professor who also happens to be a pedophile, an ageless brain-eating medieval man, a regular bussinesman and some more I can't remember. The board of directors are quite a diverse group.

Man, I really like Enzo's card art and text, shame I've never used it in a game.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Angry Lobster posted:

Yeah, among others, including a couple technocrats of the Syndicate, a mage of unknown affiliation, a college professor who also happens to be a pedophile, an ageless brain-eating medieval man, a regular bussinesman and some more I can't remember. The board of directors are quite a diverse group.

I think my favorite board member is the one who is a version of the 'I'm Not Saying It's Aliens' guy years before that was a thing and is convinced that Pentex is like destroying the world to render it uninhabitable for aliens and thinks that they're all getting ready to live on the moon or something like that. So basically WoD Elon Musk.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Laughing so hard at the music. Perfect.

The song is called Kai Tangata by a Maori band called Alien Weaponry. If you like thrash their first album is pretty good.

https://youtu.be/5kwIkF6LFDc

To quote the video description which is :black101: af

The title literally translates to ‘Eat People’; and refers to the ancient Māori tradition of eating the flesh of their enemies after battle in order to insult them. It is also an ancient term for a war party.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

There's a cool theory that Harold Zettler is Harold the Zettler, a Malkavian that created/developed a path of dark thaumaturgy that's tied to a "three headed dragon". The Pentex Board was often pretty interesting and colorful.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

There's a cool theory that Harold Zettler is Harold the Zettler, a Malkavian that created/developed a path of dark thaumaturgy that's tied to a "three headed dragon". The Pentex Board was often pretty interesting and colorful.
That's way too straightforward to be a conspiracy theory, especially if a Malkavian is involved. But maybe that's the brilliance of it, he's protected Pentex from getting some kind of brainfuck prank destruction from bored Malkavians by making it too obvious.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

joylessdivision posted:

The song is called Kai Tangata by a Maori band called Alien Weaponry. If you like thrash their first album is pretty good.

https://youtu.be/5kwIkF6LFDc

To quote the video description which is :black101: af

The title literally translates to ‘Eat People’; and refers to the ancient Māori tradition of eating the flesh of their enemies after battle in order to insult them. It is also an ancient term for a war party.

gently caress yeah Alien Weaponry own

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Need some Mage advice. One of my players is using shadow sculpting to move the shadows in a pitch black basement behind the group before they enter it. They've already made a shadow lantern that I've ruled doesn't project light so much as allow them to see all the different shades of darkness perfectly, so they can make out shapes and objects like normal, but not see any color or what have you. What they're trying to do now seems really cool, so I want to have *something* happen, but what happens to darkness when you move away all the shadows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Soonmot posted:

Need some Mage advice. One of my players is using shadow sculpting to move the shadows in a pitch black basement behind the group before they enter it. They've already made a shadow lantern that I've ruled doesn't project light so much as allow them to see all the different shades of darkness perfectly, so they can make out shapes and objects like normal, but not see any color or what have you. What they're trying to do now seems really cool, so I want to have *something* happen, but what happens to darkness when you move away all the shadows?
This seems cryptic and symbolic but the thought that came to me was 'the shadows all appear behind the mage so they can look over their shoulder and see evidence of the entire structure of the basement,' basically they have a full room radar scan within a reasonable amount of resolution.