Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Watchdogs 2, oh yeah. A Ubisoft game through and through, but not a bad one at that. I like thow they put a contemporary twist on the 'cyberpunk' genre. At one point the background music was Kill The Rich by Anti-Flag and I just started laughing. It's so tryhard in a good way, 16-year-old me would have loved that game to bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

watchdogs 2 - non lethal or bust

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shadow Warrior games are also on sale at the same price as the summer sale.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Qmass posted:

Observe as my strictly pacifistic PC non-violently crushes the skull of this security guard with a billiard ball, coaxing him gently to sleep as if from the whispers of an angel's lullaby

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Phlegmish posted:

Watchdogs 2, oh yeah. A Ubisoft game through and through, but not a bad one at that. I like thow they put a contemporary twist on the 'cyberpunk' genre. At one point the background music was Kill The Rich by Anti-Flag and I just started laughing. It's so tryhard in a good way, 16-year-old me would have loved that game to bits.
I think W2's biggest problem is that it just locks you out of too many of its unique mechanic at the beginning. The basic gameplay is really generic even by the standards of a Ubisoft game, but you don't really get to do any of the fun stuff like shocking people with a remote-controlled drone until you've already been spending hours grinding for youtube followers. Since the rest of the game is kind of bland, I got bored of it long before I ever unlocked most of that.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Qmass posted:

I mean, it still counts as non-lethal if I call in an order for a hitman squad to come murder a security guard and then call in the SWAT team on the hitmen and just stroll in through the resulting burning chaos, right?

I didn't kill anyone, I just...pointed people in that direction. They could have said no.

Orv
May 4, 2011

drat horror queefs posted:

Observe as my strictly pacifistic PC non-violently crushes the skull of this security guard with a billiard ball, coaxing him gently to sleep as if from the whispers of an angel's lullaby

0 BPM - Unconscious

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://superhotgame.com/mcd-faq/

Everyone who bought or buys SUPERHOT before the sequel launches on the 16th gets the sequel for free.

(free copies of the first game e.g. from epic don't count)

It will be $25 to buy normally but the first game is currently on sale for :10bux: so buy that if you don't have it or got it for free elsewhere

repiv fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 9, 2020

Veotax
May 16, 2006

repiv posted:

Everyone who bought or buys SUPERHOT before the sequel launches on the 16th gets the sequel for free.

Ooh, I was wondering when MCD was going to be finished. Glad I waited rather than picking it up in early access.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Parkitech has better sim gameplay, Planetcoaster has better coaster construction.

Where do the variants exist on this spectrum? Parkasaurus and Jurassic World Evolution?

Cardiovorax posted:

I think W2's biggest problem is that it just locks you out of too many of its unique mechanic at the beginning. The basic gameplay is really generic even by the standards of a Ubisoft game, but you don't really get to do any of the fun stuff like shocking people with a remote-controlled drone until you've already been spending hours grinding for youtube followers. Since the rest of the game is kind of bland, I got bored of it long before I ever unlocked most of that.

Yeah I saw so much cool stuff online but I was sad I bounced right the gently caress off because there was so much grinding that I got paralyzed and felt like I had to unlock "optimal" poo poo instead of "fun" poo poo. Maybe I'll give it another shot... for the 3rd or 4th time. :(

Orv
May 4, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

Where do the variants exist on this spectrum? Parkasaurus and Jurassic World Evolution?

Parkasaurus trends more towards RCT/Genesis. Evolution is absolutely like PC in that it has almost no game to it, it's just about the scenery.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

repiv posted:

It will be $25 to buy normally but the first game is currently on sale for :10bux: so buy that if you don't have it or got it for free elsewhere

That is extremely badass of them and I look forward to playing it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hey what’s all this poo poo I’m collecting in rear end Creed Brotherhood? Tomatoes, linen, prayer beads? Is it all vendor trash to sell or do I need to keep certain things for reasons?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Cartoon Man posted:

Hey what’s all this poo poo I’m collecting in rear end Creed Brotherhood? Tomatoes, linen, prayer beads? Is it all vendor trash to sell or do I need to keep certain things for reasons?
Yeah, just a flavour text for vendor trash so they don't just have to give you random piles of money all the time. They just started doing that for variety at some point, I think all the later games have it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

repiv posted:

Holy poo poo, that's incredible.

The guy that did 10000000 did that when You Must Build A Boat came out- it wasn't automatic, but if you sent him an email with your receipt he'd send you a free copy of YMAB.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cartoon Man posted:

Shops have quests for X items of type Y, which give better rewards than selling the items. Two quests per shop, I believe?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Xander77 posted:

Shops have quests for X items of type Y, which give better rewards than selling the items. Two quests per shop, I believe?

Any reward other than more cash? I don’t think cash is going to be a problem before too long...

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Any reward other than more cash? I don’t think cash is going to be a problem before too long...
Some give special rewards, but nothing that is really all that important or useful. Here's a list: https://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-brotherhood/Shop_Quests

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Monster Train first free DLC is now on public beta. They have made plenty of balance changes, introduced lots of mutators for custom runs, different card frames, etc., and almost 30 fixes.

Instructions:

1. Make sure Monster Train is not running
2. Right click on the game in your Steam library
3. Click "Properties"
4. Click the "Betas" tab
5. In the dropdown menu, choose "public-test-server"
6. Press close and wait for the game to update

Here's the whole changelog: https://pastebin.com/SNdRWFmp

Snip posted:

First of all, we just wanted to say a bit about our balance philosophy. Overall our goal isn't some type of 'perfect' balance where all cards are used with similar frequency or there aren't super powered combos. Our goals instead with the current round of balance changes are twofold: firstly we wanted to target the outliers - cards or artifacts with very high win and pick rates and ones with very low rates. Ideally this means that it's never a 'no-brainer' to either pass on or pick a card or artifact and as often as possible the choice depends on the current state of your run.

Secondly we wanted to start shifting our balance 'target' to higher covenants - as we've launched and more players have begun to climb the covenants we both have enough data and believe the playerbase as a whole is at a high enough level that we're doing more of our tuning targeted around the top end of play. The end result is that some cards that are balanced at a high end of play may be slightly stronger or weaker in the lower covenant end of play, and that's ok. Our goal here is rather to make sure the end-game depth is as diverse as possible with the biggest practical impact being around updating the scaling values on certain cards to make sure they're viable at all covenant levels. As usual all balance is an ongoing process and especially in a game with as many pieces as this one we expect to continue to tune and adjust frequently around the launch of the patch as a wider range of players gets their hands on the changes.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
In Watch Dogs 2, you can pet dogs, and your character sometimes says, "Hey, dog" and if passersby see you petting the dog, sometimes they stop and go "aw".

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if your game includes a friendly dog npc, yet the player does not have the option of petting said dog, you can gently caress right off with your bullshit game for idiots

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Excelzior posted:

if your game includes a friendly dog npc, yet the player does not have the option of petting said dog, you can gently caress right off with your bullshit game for idiots

if i ever make a videogame i'm going to include a whole menagerie of animals you can pet but explicitly exclude dogs just to spite that stupid twitter account, this is my vendetta

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
In Hades you have the option to pet Cerberus, he's a good boi.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Angry Lobster posted:

In Hades you have the option to pet Cerberus, he's three good bois.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Infinity Gaia posted:

if i ever make a videogame i'm going to include a whole menagerie of animals you can pet but explicitly exclude dogs just to spite that stupid twitter account, this is my vendetta
same. Ideally there would be a button prompt and then the character would say "...nah".

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

repiv posted:

Glad I purchased both games. They deserve all the support and goodwill. :allears:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
This is so hideous and awful and inefficient, I hate it so much.

I am loving this game, though, and I enjoy being bad at Zachtronics games. Thanks again to Cream-of-Plenty for the key. I didn't end up buying anything during the sale but I think Opus Magnum will be enough for a good while.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Excelzior posted:

D-Dog in "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain" is a phenomenal sidekick.

Can recommend the game on that basis alone.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Not a dog, though. He's a woooooolf.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It was a few pages ago, but;

That's my categorization method :)

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

Not a dog, though. He's a woooooolf.

He's a woof.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Quill posted:

D-Dog in "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain" is a phenomenal sidekick.

Can recommend the game on that basis alone.

D D!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Cartoon Man posted:

Do NOT sell anything if you want 100%, there is one item you get exactly twice (iirc, at least it's super rare) and a side activity needs it twice.
Most of it is vendor junk/upgrade tokens though.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Glare Seethe posted:

This is so hideous and awful and inefficient, I hate it so much.

I am loving this game, though, and I enjoy being bad at Zachtronics games. Thanks again to Cream-of-Plenty for the key. I didn't end up buying anything during the sale but I think Opus Magnum will be enough for a good while.
Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdKOGgeK4rI

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

drat horror queefs posted:

Watch as my strictly pacifistic PC non-violently summons an entire precinct of police to do battle with the entirety of the local criminal underworld in a quiet suburban street

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
watch dogs 2 was the most and indeed only fun i've gotten from an ubisoft game in years

the invasion mechanic in particular made for some excellent turnabouts

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zedd posted:

Do NOT sell anything if you want 100%, there is one item you get exactly twice (iirc, at least it's super rare) and a side activity needs it twice.
Most of it is vendor junk/upgrade tokens though.

Good thing I don’t care about that. I’m mostly charging through all the games, and I’m willing to accept some bullshit collectathons, but gently caress that. That’s bad game design. I’ll do the glyph puzzles though cause they crack me up with the stupid conspiracy poo poo.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/shrecknet/status/950473795759828995

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I'm not super knowledgable about roguelikes but Tangledeep is very nice. The bundle with all the DLC was ten bucks this past sale and I'd consider that a bargain considering how polished it is and how many fun systems it has: There's a lot of classes that can be combined, some interesting skills, pet raising and breeding too. It also has some pretty nice graphics and some funny dialogue that feels a bit whiny at times but is charming enough. There only problem so far are some UI issues mostly relating to controls, some controller schemes feel like they gave up trying to map every command, but other than that I'd say it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

World of Horror is..... OK. It's obviously aping the 2-bit classics of the 80s but with a bunch of advanced systems grafted on. I can't tell if it's just a translation issue or if it was designed this way but the interface is pretty obtuse and doesn't seem to want to provide you with the feedback you need to interact with it. Like, I spent several minutes trying to figure out how to or if I already had equipped a baseball bat I found.

Gameplay is pure classic P&C, overall it's a loosely connected series of stories you embark on. There's external timers and ticking doom counters for each, and (apparently) a modding community so it could theoretically have infinite gameplay as the community adds stories.

I'd say wait for the full release, it's currently still in the "promising but not ready" category