Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/176-balance-updates/36815

Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
Old: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (0). → New: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (1).

Corsair Cache
Old: Draw a weapon. Give it +1/+1. → New: Draw a weapon. Give it +1 Durability.

Metamorphosis
Old: Swap your Hero Power to “Deal 5 damage.” After 2 uses, swap it back. → New: Swap your Hero Power to “Deal 4 damage.” After 2 uses, swap it back.

Kayn Sunfury
Old: 3 Attack, 5 Health → New: 3 Attack, 4 Health.

Warglaives of Azzinoth
Old: [Cost 5] → New: [Cost 6].

Dragoncaster
Old: [Cost 6] → New: [Cost 7].

Fungal Fortunes
Old: [Cost 2] → New: [Cost 3].

Galakrond, the Nightmare
Old: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (1).

Galakrond, the Apocalypse (Rogue)
Old: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. They cost (1).

Galakrond, Azeroth’s End (Rogue)
Old: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. They cost (1).

We have some Battlegrounds updates planned for the near future as well. Stay tuned!

Quotey fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

top of page so noone will notice i got beat

yes! gently caress you dragonqueen! finally!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hah congrats to umberwing and the satyr for being the Last DH cards standing nerfwise

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it seems to me that a lot of bullshit has "something costs 0" somewhere in the description of how it happens. if you ask me, just make a blanket rule that a card that costs at least 1 can't have its cost permanently lowered below 1, and change everything that permanently sets a card's cost to 0 to 1 instead, like wondrous wand. (things like kalecgos or kael'thas that set costs to 0 but are somehow limited are fine, imo.)

but regardless, good changes.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

Hah congrats to umberwing and the satyr for being the Last DH cards standing nerfwise

I mean the Kayn nerf is kind of silly but yeah great job to the DH design team on all the fair and balanced cards

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This is the most blatantly obvious "we need to make absolutely sure the next set sells and replaces current deck archetypes" set of nerfs lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

spectral sight and chaos strike too!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Woah man that's brutal. And also good until August expansion kills it again, but also brutal.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

With the dq:a nerf I wonder if it’ll be time to dust off duplicates dragon hunter

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Firebert posted:

spectral sight and chaos strike too!

Those cards only made it into the deck after other nerfs to the originals so they don’t count to me

Rogue Galakrond gonna feel real bad every time it draws a backstab

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

New VS too: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-168/

Shows that more DH nerfs are needed if anyone needed convincing

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

This is the most blatantly obvious "we need to make absolutely sure the next set sells and replaces current deck archetypes" set of nerfs lol

I don't think you're wrong, but reining back the overall power level of the game is good even if it originates from a greedy capitalist outlook. better than the flipside option of buffing the poo poo out of the next set.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

im convinced blizz releases nerfs during VS reports now

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

quote:

Skull of Gul'dan
Imprisoned Antaen
Eye Beam
Aldrachi Warblades
Altruis the Outcast
Battlefiend
Glaivebound Adept
Priestess of Fury
Crimson Sigil Runner
Twin Slice
Metamorphosis
Kayn Sunfury
Warglaives of Azzinoth

They've almost literally had to nerf an entire deck's worth of DH cards at this point.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Hell yeah some more dust.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1281272777211645952

holy poo poo

On July 14, we’ll be releasing a patch that includes balance updates for several cards in Standard. Craftable cards listed below will be eligible for a full dust refund for two weeks after the 17.6 patch goes live.

Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
Old: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (0). → New: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (1).

Corsair Cache
Old: Draw a weapon. Give it +1/+1. → New: Draw a weapon. Give it +1 Durability.

Metamorphosis
Old: Swap your Hero Power to “Deal 5 damage.” After 2 uses, swap it back. → New: Swap your Hero Power to “Deal 4 damage.” After 2 uses, swap it back.

Kayn Sunfury
Old: 3 Attack, 5 Health → New: 3 Attack, 4 Health.

Warglaives of Azzinoth
Old: [Cost 5] → New: [Cost 6].

Dragoncaster
Old: [Cost 6] → New: [Cost 7].

Fungal Fortunes
Old: [Cost 2] → New: [Cost 3].

Galakrond, the Nightmare
Old: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (1).

Galakrond, the Apocalypse (Rogue)
Old: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. They cost (1).

Galakrond, Azeroth’s End (Rogue)
Old: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. They cost (1).

We have some Battlegrounds updates planned for the near future as well. Stay tuned!

God dammit gala rogue is the only deck I have. Oh well i guess I'll dust it (+ the DQA I randomly pulled, having no other cards to actually build a Highlander deck out of).

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Why the nerf to Fungal Fortunes?

No buffs for Libram (or any other kind of) Paladin :(

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Torrannor posted:

No buffs for Libram (or any other kind of) Paladin :(

If Paladin can just get some draw or buff support or something to supplement the libram package in a general sense it might actually do well.

Maybe some sort of paladin zentimo or drawing a card for each buff applied this turn. Or maybe an avenging wrath tied to buffs in a turn.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Torrannor posted:

I’m getting the impression that they wanted to do 2 things with this round of nerfs:

Nerf DH again because it obviously needs to be.

Make the format as a whole a little bit slower. Notice how even Highlander Mage and Galakrond Rogue are getting nerfs even though at no time since Outland’s release were they the best decks. This might be an attempt to make Paladin/Shaman even remotely relevant and/or address power creep in general.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Given the mage and rogue nerfs out of nowhere, I'm wondering if there are cards coming up in the new expansion that would render them excessively powerful, kind of like Divine Favor got nerfed for the RoS secret synergy.

Fan of the nerfs though.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Come to think of it, aren’t we also just about due for the next expansion announcement?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Regalingualius posted:

Come to think of it, aren’t we also just about due for the next expansion announcement?

Overdue! The announcement for Uldum was July 1st 2019.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The list of Demon Hunter cards nerfed/nerfed because of Demon Hunter existing is insane

Skull of Gul'dan
Imprisoned Antaen
Eye Beam
Aldrachi Warblades
Altruis the Outcast
Battlefiend
Glaivebound Adept
Priestess of Fury
Crimson Sigil Runner
Twin Slice
Metamorphosis
Kayn Sunfury
Warglaives of Azzinoth
Sacrificial Pact
Frenzied Felwing
Kael'thas Sunstrider

Ashes of Outland is probably the worst expansion ever made. Imagine if they still had their old philosophy with regards to nerfs, or if Battlegrounds didn't exist! This could've been a game-ender!

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Think I'm gonna use this as an opportunity to cash out of DH and just dust Kayne and metamorphosis. Clearly a powerful class but I've found it boring and one dimensional. It might get better when there's more card variety.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’m hesitant about dusting, if only because I’m probably going to spend it all on gimmicky poo poo for Wild.

Probably going to keep Dragonqueen, though, because she’s just that good.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I cannot overstate that whilst it isn’t good, how much I loathe the whole gameplan of Gala Priest. Do loving nothing active until both players have 10 cards left, drop reactive clears until then, mash Gala every turn looking for more.

It’s enough to make me want DH and Dragon Hunter to stay, just so this dull poo poo stays in the dumpster. Even when you win you hate the game at the end.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

im just auto conceding on priests now in mid platinum

is there a deck for 4000 dust i can craft that will get me to at least diamond 10

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Shockeh posted:

I cannot overstate that whilst it isn’t good, how much I loathe the whole gameplan of Gala Priest. Do loving nothing active until both players have 10 cards left, drop reactive clears until then, mash Gala every turn looking for more.

It’s enough to make me want DH and Dragon Hunter to stay, just so this dull poo poo stays in the dumpster. Even when you win you hate the game at the end.

On the bright side, people seem to be experimenting with "Cube Priest" to good early results, which runs the Imprisoned units and has a generally fairer board presence gameplan.

But if the meta slows down again after these nerfs, yeaaaaa

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Too Many Birds posted:

im just auto conceding on priests now in mid platinum

is there a deck for 4000 dust i can craft that will get me to at least diamond 10

dragon face hunter, along these lines

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

World War Mammories posted:

dragon face hunter, along these lines

thats the deck i've been playing :saddowns:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

play more, get better, go face

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

When DH gets nerfed?

Me still go face.

All these nerfs are fine, Galakrond and Dragoncaster make me scratch my head though. I get they're strong cards but they wouldn't have been in top eight cards that needed tweaking.

The Dragoncaster nerf reminded me that Inkmaster was a card so I guess that's something :v:

Don't even really know what to say about DH at this point, other than it probably still won't be the last set of nerfs its initial set sees.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 10, 2020

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Firebert posted:

Ashes of Outland is probably the worst expansion ever made. Imagine if they still had their old philosophy with regards to nerfs, or if Battlegrounds didn't exist! This could've been a game-ender!
The longer that it goes on the more convinced I become that Demon Hunter probably shouldn't exist at all. They basically can't print decent neutral aggressive cards any more because anything that they do has to be factored in against 1-mana, +1 attack and everything else that Demon Hunter does at base.

2-mana, Gain +1 attack and Lifesteal? I don't even know.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I don't understand the dragoncaster nerf in the slightest.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

L0cke17 posted:

I don't understand the dragoncaster nerf in the slightest.
Sideway nerf to puzzlebox

E: Also slightly cuts the mana cheat on power of creation/deep freeze but mainly box

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 10, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

NorgLyle posted:

The longer that it goes on the more convinced I become that Demon Hunter probably shouldn't exist at all. They basically can't print decent neutral aggressive cards any more because anything that they do has to be factored in against 1-mana, +1 attack and everything else that Demon Hunter does at base.

2-mana, Gain +1 attack and Lifesteal? I don't even know.

If DH didn't have access to weapons and just attack increase cards like Druid, 2 mana +1 attack and Lifesteal would be fine. As is that wouldn't really work since you're effectively making a class that can Leeching Poison whenever (I still have flashbacks to Kingbanes Rogue).

It's going to be interesting seeing how DH goes forward. Classes obviously fluctuate and even the best hero power class in the game (Warlock) has been bottom of the barrel.

That said I think DH's hero power is far more game warping in terms of design/balance. Any minion with 1 health moving forward is going to have to do something nuts, otherwise it's just easily taken out by DH (Mage and Druid have also been able to do the same since launch, but the difference between 1 and 2 mana is huge).

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Tin Tim posted:

Sideway nerf to puzzlebox

E: Also slightly cuts the mana cheat on power of creation/deep freeze but mainly box

Fixing what's not broken imo

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
DQA, Rogue Galakrond and Dragoncaster were absolutely broken cards.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Throwing out box on 6 or a turn earlier with the coin is poo poo and deserved some form of nerf

The 8 mana spells have less direct impact(outside of creation high-rolls) so them being hit too is an unfortunate side effect

Disargeria posted:

DQA, Rogue Galakrond and Dragoncaster were absolutely broken cards.
It's almost like mana cheating has been a constant source of broken poo poo in card games :ssh:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Sure, it happens maybe 1 game in 10 max, and often wrecks you in the process since your hand is still full at that point. Puzzlebox mage is hardly a dangerous deck.