Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Grouchio posted:

I got it from a discorder. I did not say this was my opinion.

oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

heh

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I got it from a discorder. I did not say this was my opinion.

lmao

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I want to post the Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes gif for Grouchio but this is the anime forum so someone find me the anime equivalent and post it tia

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Anyone have that GIF of Sakura and Tomoyo walking down the road holding hands with big doofy smiles on their faces?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Furnaceface posted:

I want to post the Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes gif for Grouchio but this is the anime forum so someone find me the anime equivalent and post it tia

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm less actively aggravated by the main romance stuff in mai-hime now that i've gone back into watching it but i'm still amazed at how utterly dully it's written compared to literally every other facet of the entire show. it's like watching something that's constantly running at 110% energy but it keeps deciding to go into stuff that shifts it down to 5%

on the brighter side i finished princess tutu today and that was good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I started rewatching Princess Principal last night and its first episode was better-produced than I remembered - and I remembered it being pretty well produced. Aside from the the main character's spy outfit being too silly, the character designs are really great and the BG work and composite do a great job of establishing atmosphere and making what might have been some rote steampunk environmental storytelling really sing.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Furnaceface posted:

The girl in Azumanga that keeps getting her hand bitten by the cat.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Loop Yuko Arai getting hit with a paper fan

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is gonna sound like a joke, but

Quibi has greenlit a live action adaptation of Tomie

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Quibi still exists?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I skipped 200 posts in this thread did something cool happen while I was gone?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Finally on Bloom Into You for my 2018 rewatch and episoee 1 still is amazing from shot framing to animation. Fall 2018 was a super stacked season and the shows all hold up strong

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jeffery is going to gently caress up buying the forums lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nate RFB posted:

I have mixed feelings on Muv-Luv overall personally, but it is the highest rated VN on vndb for a reason and I think it's undeniable how ambitious it was as a story. It genuinely does some things from a storytelling perspective that I think are kind of amazing and emotionally resonant/affecting in a way that very few VNs get for me at least.

At the same time it is a massive investment of time and a lot of it just isn't that interesting, especially the first two games (though I came to enjoy Extra more as time went on and I reflected back on it, I think it has some pretty good jokes all told). And even when it gets to Alternative there are plenty of choices it makes at times that don't really work for me. I also have vivid memories of the script being, like, kind of bad? Just so many useless lines and repeated canned-like responses that made it feel like you were losing your mind. If you made a drinking game every time Takeru responds with "Eh?" as his sole voiced line you'd be dead an hour into Alternative.

That's unfortunate, but I think I'll give it a shot.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/955728

also, what a cute hilda x marianne doujin

killing cute anime girls... should be illegal.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 10, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

Jeffery is going to gently caress up buying the forums lol
its okay we're all posting about anime on bread and roses now

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

its okay we're all posting about anime on bread and roses now

good, there weren't enough sex pests running SA anymore for my taste.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i thought it was pretty weird that the official anime of bread and roses was kodomo no jikan, but it probably makes sense if you read the theory

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's funny seeing 90% of the people spamming the forums about how we all need to go there during the height of the lowtax thing all just posting on SA still anyways.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's funny seeing 90% of the people spamming the forums about how we all need to go there during the height of the lowtax thing all just posting on SA still anyways.

I am glad cooler heads prevailed and can continue to post with you all, my friends.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Deca-Dence is hella good

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Going back a couple seasons, but I'm coming up on the end of Gurazeni's anime adaptation, it's pretty clear a third season is never coming, but there's a loooooot more manga ahead of where the last episode is going to leave off. But the only attempted translation I've ever been able to find is a rather badly done scan of the first chapter, six years ago. Anyone happen to know if anyone else has ever had a go at it? Given there's nothing on mangadex or kissmanga, probably no, but I figured I could ask.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Deadly Premonition 2 is good, all.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1281549150140559360

25 years of KANSEI DORIFUTO

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0DplBKf1os

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's not cool cause I have to look at your posts

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

The Cool Zone.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

stair play nice

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm not sure if natsu no arashi is one of the most interesting shaft anime i've watched or one of the most weird and messy

both i guess

wonder if the show will revisit jun's stuff later or it just decided to explore them for a couple eps

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

i just assume they got owned by giving to the patreon

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just realized the muv-luv bundle I bought was muv-luv, alternative, and.. photonflowers*?

guess I'll refund it and get unlimited or w/e on the next sale.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
the one that's just called muv-luv includes Unlimited

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Unlimited is just part of the first game. Still refund if you don't want to shell out the extra 20 for the sidegame though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yeah but then you don't get the 24 parody

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah the 'trilogy' is just Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
photonmelodies on july 30th

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Motto posted:

Unlimited is just part of the first game. Still refund if you don't want to shell out the extra 20 for the sidegame though.

oh god damnit guess I'm refunding it and waiting for yet another sale. :|

If I really like the series I might buy that back but I don't want to shell out 20 for that yet!

speaking of visual novels:

is fruit of grisaia any good?

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 10, 2020

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I like hamburgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

All I know about Muv Luv is the dude who looks like Ryosuke from Initial D

edit: Oh my god the kanji for his name even has part of the kanji used for the Initial D title