Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Contingency posted:

The retailer I was going through was taking reservations to get a count. Hope he wasn't waiting to Friday to place that order. :ohdear:

...and Dicehead reports they won't have a copy available for any online customers. Thanks GW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm not looking to be competitive, but I don't want to get completely poo poo stomped either? Obviously things will be different in 9th, buuut:

Total Points: 1449 - no idea how I'd want to expand to 2000

HQ (219)
Wartrike
Big Mek in Mega Armor

TROOPS (608)
2x 30 Boyz (6x Rokkit Launcha) (2x Powerklaw)
1x 30 Grechin

ELITES (350)
10x Meganobz (10x Kustom Shoota) (10x Powerklaw)

FAST ATTACK (272)
1x Shokkjump Dragsta (1x Rokkit Launcha)
1x Boomdakka Snazzwagon (1x Big Shoota)
3x Deffkoptas (3x Twin big Shoota)

Both Deff Dreads and Killa Kans look badass. All of the Flyers look cool too but for whatever reason I don't feel compelled to field them. Being able to add a Mek Boy Workshop would be cool, because the model is bad rear end. 40K needs more engines. Put very little thought into War Gear, so I'm not set in stone on how I'd gear up things, just throwing point numbers around.

Mostly just Rule of Cool looking for big green boys wrapped in metal

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 10, 2020

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
If you're taking 30 boyz squads you should probably take a Weirdboy to throw them around the board.

Also, with the way morale and objectives work now, I think MSU squads of gretchin are probably the way to go.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Sab669 posted:

I'm not looking to be competitive, but I don't want to get completely poo poo stomped either? Obviously things will be different in 9th, buuut:

Total Points: 1449 - no idea how I'd want to expand to 2000

HQ (219)
Wartrike
Big Mek in Mega Armor

TROOPS (608)
2x 30 Boyz (6x Rokkit Launcha) (2x Powerklaw)
1x 30 Grechin

ELITES (350)
10x Meganobz (10x Kustom Shoota) (10x Powerklaw)

FAST ATTACK (272)
1x Shokkjump Dragsta (1x Rokkit Launcha)
1x Boomdakka Snazzwagon (1x Big Shoota)
3x Deffkoptas (3x Twin big Shoota)

Both Deff Dreads and Killa Kans look badass. All of the Flyers look cool too but for whatever reason I don't feel compelled to field them. Being able to add a Mek Boy Workshop would be cool, because the model is bad rear end. 40K needs more engines. Put very little thought into War Gear, so I'm not set in stone on how I'd gear up things, just throwing point numbers around.

Mostly just Rule of Cool looking for big green boys wrapped in metal

Cram a couple shokk attack guns and a pack of 15 lootas in there. Also definitely need at least one weirdboy for da jumping and maybe a war boss. An ork army without the ability to da jump 30 boys somewhere annoying is no ork army at all

Also might want to split up your gretchin into more squads and add more

What’s your meganob delivery system? Tellyporta?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Here’s some ork advice I posted earlier in the thread that’s mostly still accurate

Good Citizen posted:

Orks are all about putting enough legit immediate threats on the board that your opponent is paralyzed on what to respond to. Ideally they don’t commit on one threat and you just steamroll them

Some threats you should consider:

3x shokk attack guns: the core threat of every major ork army especially in a dreadwaaagh. Dunk an opponent’s heavy off the board at 60” range every turn

15x lootas: badmoons clan with more dakka and showing off stratagem fuckin shreds. Crash and burn the opponents air transport into his own lines turn one and bathe in the tears

30x boys x3: warpath and da jump a new batch each turn as evil suns and most opponents are gonna have a real bad day. They will almost surely get unlucky wiping one of them as well so you’ll get to deep strike them AGAIN for 3 cp and you effectively had 120 boys for the price of 90.

2x Deff dreads or 6x meganobs in a tellyporta. Oh they survived the turn 1 boys rush. Well In turn 2 there’s the next round of 30 boys and also another huge melee threat 9” away

Jets: love me some jets, especially the burnabomma (for infantry) or wazbom (if you’re going vehicles). Dakka has good use cases as well. Move one of these directly behind their lines so that it’s closest to their characters for a hearty laugh. Otherwise enjoy watching them spend too much energy focusing on your -1 to hit jet. Bonus points if you can get the burnabomma to crash and burn in their lines. Command point reroll that poo poo if it fails

Buggies: specifically the shokkjump and megatrakk. Very points efficient against heavy targets and very mobile. I’m using these more and more lately and they’re great. Especially paired with wazboms for the 5+ invuln

Smasha gunz: very points efficient meta but very dollars/pts inefficient. The day after you buy 12 of them they will finally get nerfed. A couple are great though. Don’t glue on the tip so you can switch them to traktor kannons if you’re facing some bullshit elf flier spam

Hope this helps

The biggest shift from psychic awakening was kustom jobs if you’re not running with Ghaz. Get three megatrakk scrapjets in a unit, give them korkscrew, and then send them off in three different directions once the game starts. Charge, deal mortal wounds, fight, consolidate, then fight again. All three of them. It rules

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

This is absolutely a thing, and you could fashion a holder from a jewelry or tie rack, and tape loops of cord to the ends of your brushes

Ok co thanks for the sanity check.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

Contingency posted:

...and Dicehead reports they won't have a copy available for any online customers. Thanks GW!

Nope go direct to gw so they get max profit 2 days before after telling every retailer there would be plenty of boxes.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Hoping my flgs gets their full allotment. I've pre-ordered one, with a buyer lined up for the marine half, and someone else who pre-ordered another one will be selling me the necrons from it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
When do the preorders go up?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Spanish Manlove posted:

When do the preorders go up?

10am local time Saturday. For the USA that's 10am PST

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

What’s your meganob delivery system? Tellyporta?

I can't overstate how little thought I put into that list last night :v:

I haven't played 40K in well over a year, and even then I could probably count on one hand how many games of 8th I played - then I hadn't played since 5th.

Didn't look at the Ork codex extremely closely, mostly just looked at models and said, "Yea these are cool, I want to run these"

That said - thanks all for the input.

Meganobz are stupidly expensive, dollarwise, and if I decide to do this I'm also gonna pull the trigger on an air brush... But wtf so much money combined :negative:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Sab669 posted:

Meganobz are stupidly expensive, dollarwise

The joys of Orks. I've seem guys simply put Ork heads on terminators and add some orky gubbins for MANz. Or do something like this, it's a normal nob kit with terminator backpacks and some bulking.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I love paying a dollar a point for my dragoons/iron striders. They should really come in packs of two imo. A bunch of admech stuff is dollars to points expensive

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

jesus WEP posted:

Hello

I don’t know really anything about armies or army building, I’ve always just liked painting models, whether 40k or big tiddy fantasy babes or whatever. But the Indomitus box and new rules have me tempted a bit.

I think if I was building a Space Marine army it would probably be Blood Angels just because I like making jungle bases and the red would pop nicely against the green and brown. Would the entirety of the Indomitus box be applicable to Blood Angels, or is a bunch of it kinda specific to Ultramarines?

Everything should work and the ancient with the skellyboi standard looks BA af.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Ghazk posted:

Here's another pro airbrushing tip:

Holding the needle in your mouth to free up your hands during cleaning/disassembly is a great way to accidently bump the end and drive the point into the roof of your mouth.

my wife just glanced at me as a I said 'oh holy gently caress' out loud.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I love paying a dollar a point for my dragoons/iron striders. They should really come in packs of two imo. A bunch of admech stuff is dollars to points expensive

In CAD, Mek Gunz are 0.5 points per dollar.

xtothez posted:

10am local time Saturday. For the USA that's 10am PST

PDT. I hope.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Ghazk posted:

Here's another pro airbrushing tip:

Holding the needle in your mouth to free up your hands during cleaning/disassembly is a great way to accidently bump the end and drive the point into the roof of your mouth.

Well ok my airbrush is definitely sitting unused in the cupboard until I forget this post. :stare:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Sab669 posted:

I can't overstate how little thought I put into that list last night :v:

I haven't played 40K in well over a year, and even then I could probably count on one hand how many games of 8th I played - then I hadn't played since 5th.

Didn't look at the Ork codex extremely closely, mostly just looked at models and said, "Yea these are cool, I want to run these"

That said - thanks all for the input.

Meganobz are stupidly expensive, dollarwise, and if I decide to do this I'm also gonna pull the trigger on an air brush... But wtf so much money combined :negative:

Meganobz are cool just think about how you’re going to get them to the enemy lines. They’re slow as gently caress. So you’re probably going to want to throw them in a tellyporta or a bonebreaka (fun, but they’re gonna target that thing as the highest priority) and look at how many those things can take. I think the tellyporta caps at like 6? Look it up cause I’m not sure off the top of my head but I think that’s why I had 6x of them in my original advice

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ah, yea, Tellyporta says it's limited to "20 Power Level or less" and Megas are 6PL for 3 dudes, +2PL per model

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

Floppychop posted:

The joys of Orks. I've seem guys simply put Ork heads on terminators and add some orky gubbins for MANz. Or do something like this, it's a normal nob kit with terminator backpacks and some bulking.

I like this idea! I haven't gotten into conversions very much but I want to fill out a Meganob unit with my Prophecy boys as a starting point. There's an outdoor swap meet next week so I'll keep my eye out for compatible mecha-bits and whatnot.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
You can put 3 meganobz in a mork/gorkanaut, and then Tellyporta that.

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

Any guesses on the price of this beaut?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/10/enter-the-era-indomitus-in-style/

Edit: Whoa, dude!

40Inch fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 10, 2020

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I found the price a few days ago I think and it was $210?

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

tangy yet delightful posted:

I found the price a few days ago I think and it was $210?

That's correct. Other prices:
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2020/07/once-its-gone-its-gone-idomintus-boxset.html

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Any rumors on what the replacements for DI/KNF/FS starter sets will be (if they will be) yet?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Maneck posted:

You can put 3 meganobz in a mork/gorkanaut, and then Tellyporta that.

That's 21 PL so nah

Gork/Morkanauts are at a weird place PL-wise for a Tellyporta transport. If I want to tellyport one in I usually have it empty or maybe toss a big mek with KFF in a Gork cause thats pretty funny.

e: you CAN tellyporta a Bonebreaka with 5 meganobz in it though, which is hella funny

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 10, 2020

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Good Citizen posted:

That's 21 PL so nah

Gork/Morkanauts are at a weird place PL-wise for a Tellyporta transport. If I want to tellyport one in I usually have it empty or maybe toss a big mek with KFF in a Gork cause thats pretty funny.

e: you CAN tellyporta a Bonebreaka with 5 meganobz in it though, which is hella funny

Tellyporta only cares about the PL of the thing you use the strat on. If the Meganobz are embarked you're not using the strat on them. :getin:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

That's 21 PL so nah

The strat is used on one unit, and only that unit's Power Level is counted.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Huh, news to me! Go wild then

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want that limited edition rulebook if I am able to get it. Chances are though it'll sell out within minutes and all copies will go up on Ebay.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
Is first strike supposed to just be used as only its own game? It has squads of 3 intercessors and 3 reivers, but those don't seem like they're usable in squads of 3 in the actual game rules. Filling them out with a replacement box doesn't seem worthwhile either since that just gives you a full squad leaving you with the same extras you started with.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Is first strike supposed to just be used as only its own game? It has squads of 3 intercessors and 3 reivers, but those don't seem like they're usable in squads of 3 in the actual game rules. Filling them out with a replacement box doesn't seem worthwhile either since that just gives you a full squad leaving you with the same extras you started with.

It's a 40 dollar present that you, the weird uncle, buy for an literal 10 year old childe.

E: Or in my case was going to buy for BVMTH in October (although he'll be 7 not 10)?

E2: Real answer though, I think they had a special datasheet that allowed for their use? IIRC Goonhammer mentions something like that in the Death Guard article?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 10, 2020

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ok I know they arn't amazing and they still need a bit of touching up but this is the closest I've ever felt to warhammer unit being ready for a game

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Ok I know they arn't amazing and they still need a bit of touching up but this is the closest I've ever felt to warhammer unit being ready for a game

Is that drybrushed all over? Between that and the blood, they have a strong "been in the thick of it" vibe.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Throw some Valhallan Blizzard (or other snow effect) on those bases and you got some perfect frosty boys

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Forget all this ninth edition malarkey, Battle Brothers is back! :peanut:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Black Library fired Thomas Parrott:
https://twitter.com/parrotttd/status/1281584694551875585

Mr. Parrott says this was done at the instigation of an investor in retaliation for Mr. Parrott's stand against the chud elements of GW's customer base.

Seems like GW also has an investor who has publicly exhibited chud behvarious, against women and minorities, but who remains with the company as an employee despite this being called out. Same guy in both cases?

:yikes:

Edit: Possibly relevant Thomas Parrott twitter posts for reference:
https://twitter.com/parrotttd/status/1225424012286754816
https://twitter.com/parrotttd/status/1265349151430246402
https://twitter.com/parrotttd/status/1265344417243844608
https://twitter.com/parrotttd/status/1265339130373865476
https://twitter.com/parrotttd/status/1265329085510754305

Maneck fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 10, 2020

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Well that's some bullshit!

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
So GW bad again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Arven posted:

So GW bad again?

Black Library gonna change their name to White Library I guess.