Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

bij posted:

Handsome big ole boi

I wish this was a 1/100, and available in a colour other than "beige and salmon pink."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I wish this was a 1/100, and available in a colour other than "beige and salmon pink."

I've grown accustomed to heinous Zeon / Sympathizer colors. Sieg Zeon!

I need to build an MGUC Geara Doga but I have a ton of ideas and none of the paint.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

bij posted:

Handsome big ole boi

For you experts, this is not painted, it is just a matte spray coating, right?

Fake edit: Goddamn, this background. I was desperately searching the submit reply button for a couple of minutes. :v:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Tarquinn posted:

For you experts, this is not painted, it is just a matte spray coating, right?

I was curious about that too, the gun at least has some paint applied vs. just the sprue and panel lining.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just get some spray primer, some hobby clips, and whatever colors you want in rattle cans or maybe even hand paint in Vallejo Mecha.

Gunpla is freedom, goddamnit.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

bij posted:

I was curious about that too, the gun at least has some paint applied vs. just the sprue and panel lining.

It has the standard copyright marks in the bottom left which mean its one of Bandai's fully painted promotional shots.

Unfortunately the actual gun is all grey plastic. Schizophonic9 has a good OoB/no stickers photographic.
http://schizophonic9.com/re6/hguc_messer.html

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Dunno how we feel about Mecha Gaikotsu around here, but he did a review of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJbcZv5p6oA

Seems it's not too great in some areas, and pretty good in others.

Kinda reminds me of back in the old days when 1/100s were graded HG. Seems it's about as big as the sazabi.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Mephiston posted:

Dunno how we feel about Mecha Gaikotsu around here, but he did a review of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJbcZv5p6oA

Seems it's not too great in some areas, and pretty good in others.

Kinda reminds me of back in the old days when 1/100s were graded HG. Seems it's about as big as the sazabi.

I actually like him a lot. I thought his youtube voice was annoying at first but I got over that pretty quick.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Those colors are good dammit.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
https://twitter.com/kunocf9/status/1280995258692595712?s=19

It's a big boy. Waiting on my pre-order to get my hands on it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm about to get my HLJ private warehouse shipped with it, just trying to think if there's anything else I want.

Has anyone done any Cross Silhouette figures? Might get the GaoGaiGar, looks pretty neat.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm about to get my HLJ private warehouse shipped with it, just trying to think if there's anything else I want.

Has anyone done any Cross Silhouette figures? Might get the GaoGaiGar, looks pretty neat.

I built the CS Shin Getter, I was very impressed. It's more like a simple little HG than a traditional SD. Very good color separation and posability. Would recommend.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm still pretty proud of being in the OP for this thread, despite the fact that I haven't posted regularly in for literal years.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

I've partially built the SD Crossbone using a CS frame. It's still in subassembies though until the bottles of Mecha and Shifters arrive, so I can't comment too much.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm still pretty proud of being in the OP for this thread, despite the fact that I haven't posted regularly in for literal years.

This one has been going for a while, we went through a couple of threads kind of quickly before this.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

I've built a bunch of them. They're much better than previous SDs, but some of the joints detach a bit easier than I'd like. Still, good colors, good articulation if you have the bigger frame installed, and a decent amount of neat little gimmicks. And they're mostly cheap enough you can afford to just try one out with no hassle.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

A Char’s Zaku 2/OG Gundam 2-pack of SD Cross Silhouettes just came out, I grabbed it since it’s real cheap for a pair of kits.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Null of Undefined posted:

I actually like him a lot. I thought his youtube voice was annoying at first but I got over that pretty quick.

Same. There’s a couple of words he says nonstop but w/e, he explains his reasoning well and the rating system is a decent barometer of whether I’d like a kit or not. I also enjoy how he has a ton of enthusiasm but also casts shade constantly.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

I build the CS Barbatos Lupus Rex, and it's quite good.
Only problem I have with it is the crotch armour has a really, really weak bit of plastic to hold it onto the frame, and it's easy to snap.

Not a reflection of the CS frame quality though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Getting the GGG, no CS frames in though so can't upgrade it, which I'll definitely want to do.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Getting the GGG, no CS frames in though so can't upgrade it, which I'll definitely want to do.

You're actually in luck there. The non-Gundam kits all have specialized frames that can be upgraded without any further purchases.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

BizarroAzrael posted:

The non-Gundam SDCS kits come with the CS frame included

edit:beaten, so have this

https://twitter.com/tkdkTorF/status/1281904170472071169?s=20

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 11, 2020

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

Has anyone here made the MG Epyon? Is it like... endless sandpapering to try to get it to look good?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Magical Bee posted:

Has anyone here made the MG Epyon? Is it like... endless sandpapering to try to get it to look good?

Mine turned out p well I think.

What do you mean by endless sandpapering? There are some really huge sections especially in the wings if your'e talking about getting a good finish.

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

That looks great! I've had trouble with white stress marks on non-white pieces, and while better tools have helped, I still have to spend a lot of time sandpapering them down.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I fee you. Red always seems better for me about that than blue. Blue is the worst.

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!

Mine is more standard, I quite like him. Please ignore the dust.

Didn't seem like a particularly troublesome build to me, though it was a while ago. I also never bother with sanding so I can't comment on that.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I found the color and hardness of the plastic to be annoying on it when it came to stress marks. It will definitely take a bit more cleanup time than something that's white. I think the dark blue was more annoying but it was a year or so ago I built it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Got an F90 Gundam MG (the P-Bandai one) on a whim from a local store. Kind of wonder if I spent more than I should have ($100).

EDIT: Deleting that last part.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 12, 2020

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Magical Bee posted:

I am currently building mine, and I think that the dark red handles stress marks slightly better than most blues. Also, it seems that all in all the runners are designed pretty well and many of the potential stress points are out of sight on the finished model.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So, I just assembled the main body of my MG Dynames, and it is a great looking, fun build that quite frankly makes me also want the Kyrios (Which is funny, since I only watched the first episode of Gundam 00, and I wasn't a fan of how the Dynames looked in screenshots but I was ultimately won over while building it). However, I am having an issue.

Now, I haven't started on the weapons or the floating bunkers, but, well, I am having trouble getting the bot to stand. Currently, the robot is very back heavy, on the rear rockets.

That is right, my Gundam is too dummy thicc

I hope the shields and weapon would provide a counterweight, but any tips on how to get the robot to stand?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Blue-tac on the feet almost always works.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I always try to pose back heavy kits with a slight turn of the hip section so that you can get one leg a tad further back to shift the centre of gravity.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
apparently last night while drunk i ordered.... an MG Z'Gok? just the regular old blue one, not even the Char custom. i mean, Z'Gok is cool as hell in that retro Zeon way, but really?

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Million Ghosts posted:

apparently last night while drunk i ordered.... an MG Z'Gok? just the regular old blue one, not even the Char custom. i mean, Z'Gok is cool as hell in that retro Zeon way, but really?

Drunk you makes excellent decisions.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Ez-8. Not as cool as the Ground Gundam, ultimately.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But it does have movable kneepads

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

Got an F90 Gundam MG (the P-Bandai one) on a whim from a local store. Kind of wonder if I spent more than I should have ($100).

EDIT: Deleting that last part.

You did, but that's ok, its a good kit.

P Bandai opened up the full catalog to Americans, so you should order through that going forward.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I preordered the F90 on gundamplanet because they said June release and I’m still looking forward to it! Though honestly so long as it gets here before the rocket derp pack, I’ll be happy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Front Mission kits

https://twitter.com/SQEX_MD_GOODS/status/1282594599681187841?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

They require painting if that's something that concerns you, I know I'm not ready for that type of investment yet.