Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Solarin posted:

Y'all are good people

The funny thing is, you can kinda get stuff like this in Satisfactory.
The first person Factorio clone.

And I'm pretty sure you can rig some pretty ridiculous things in Space Engineers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Iron Prince posted:

it is like they have a whole team of people who are constantly 69’ing moron talk into each other’s bodies

https://youtu.be/DXXTF0xixVE

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

:reddit: Citizens got their first actual taste of a tangible SC product, but not from CIG. some guy turned the worthless Chairman's Club certificate into an honestly really nice looking laser-engraved plaque, put it up on Etsy, and was immediately overwhelmed with whale orders and had to take it back down.

strange times we live in.

Larz
Jul 29, 2011

cmdrk posted:

:reddit: Citizens got their first actual taste of a tangible SC product, but not from CIG. some guy turned the worthless Chairman's Club certificate into an honestly really nice looking laser-engraved plaque, put it up on Etsy, and was immediately overwhelmed with whale orders and had to take it back down.

I can't believe he went to the effort to create this.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
This looks cool. Too bad it's result of a bug.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Star Citizen Delenda Est

Sic Mundus Crobearus

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
When you get to figures CI¬G can't massage or lie about this whole thing gets a million times funnier imo

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Larz posted:

Imagine having a guest over and having to explain what that is.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Popete posted:

“Oh this? I gave $1000 to a stammering coke-bloated fraud who promised me a new digital life in space, and then I bought this plaque to commemorate it.”

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Larz posted:

Anus-et?

What a good name to put on a plaque.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

What are some games that are more fun than Star Citizen?

I'll nominate Chex Quest HD. I haven't actually played it, but just the fact that they remade something cool from my childhood is worthy of note.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Bubbacub posted:

A nice game of 'star at a blank sheet of A4 paper for an hour' is one I would recommend

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Unreal’s new iPhone app does live motion capture with Face ID sensors

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/07/unreals-new-iphone-app-does-live-motion-capture-with-face-id-sensors/%3famp=1

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Bubbacub posted:

I'll nominate Chex Quest HD. I haven't actually played it, but just the fact that they remade something cool from my childhood is worthy of note.

"Don't poo poo Your Pants" has more gameplay loops

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Dr. Honked posted:

"Don't poo poo Your Pants" has more gameplay loops

Actually that's unfair. They're probably about the same

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Larz posted:

We don't either with Robert's at the helm.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Dwesa posted:

This looks cool. Too bad it's result of a bug.

Star Citizen: This looks cool. Too bad it's the result of a bug.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Honked posted:

Actually that's unfair. They're probably about the same

There are multiple ways not to end with a huge poo poo in your pants in DSYP. SC, on the other hand...

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Popete posted:

"You know that thing I keep trying to convince you is a game and won't ever shut up about? It's about that"

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I love the stupid lever thing sticking out of the loader thing. I freaking guarantee that somewhere in the Squadren 404 script Crobberts wrote a scene where the ship loses power you have to go down and heroically load the missiles manually.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Viscous Soda posted:

I love the stupid lever thing sticking out of the loader thing. I freaking guarantee that somewhere in the Squadren 404 script Crobberts wrote a scene where the ship loses power you have to go down and heroically load the missiles manually.

Ah yes, the missile loading mission. It involves having to wait for a train, riding the train for 20 minutes, picking up the missile with grabby hands, taking the train back with the missile, going to the missile console and pressing the load prompt, all without losing the missile or glitching out, all done 10 times.

It's so much fun!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Larz posted:

I can't believe CIG never thought to make these...

For all the whale fracking they do, they still leave money un crobbled. They could be bilking these guys for so much more.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
:reddit: has been encouraging the poor guy to partner with CIG. as if the guy wasn't getting crobbled enough.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That missile loading GIF is a perfect encapsulation of CIG. A ridiculously over complicated and unnecessary mess that will never actually work.

It's as if a WW2 battleship was loaded from the deck thru the front of the barrel.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Strangler 42 posted:

Ah yes, the missile loading mission. It involves having to wait for a train, riding the train for 20 minutes, picking up the missile with grabby hands, taking the train back with the missile, going to the missile console and pressing the load prompt, all without losing the missile or glitching out, all done 10 times.

It's so much fun!

The train should be a monorail, like in most of those old 60s Bond movie villain lairs.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Strangler 42 posted:

It's so much fun!

Sounds like the last scene of Guns of Navarone.
That explains where Chris got the idea, at least.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Bubbacub posted:

QWOP - Has more fidelius controls, better storyline and acting.

It does let itself down by not sell shoes and sweat bans for hundreds of dollars as micro transaction though.

Also could have had a sequel called QWOP vs The Sandiworm which offered exciting coop gameplay we're one player gets to be the runner and the other the sandiworm.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 10, 2020

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Tsar Mikey posted:

The Shillusive Man.

thread title plz

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Bofast posted:

The train should be a monorail, like in most of those old 60s Bond movie villain lairs.

Dr What?
Goldthumb

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
A View to a Shill

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Buy Another Day

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Guyfall

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Quantum of Progress

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The Super-Id posted:

A View to a Shill

Impressive.

From Otrwin with Love

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Developments are forever

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

cmdrk posted:

Did someone say bear witness?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Moonclaimer

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER
You Only Scam Twice

Thoatse