Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Pilchenstein posted:

Was reminiscing with a mate about lovely action films we watched as teenagers and need help identifying two based on henchman dialogue.

Film 1: There's two henchmen, something happens and one says "poo poo!" the other says "gently caress!" and then they both say "shitfuck!" in unison. I want to say this was a Cynthia Rothrock film for some reason.
Film 2: A henchman responds to something unfortunate happening with "poo poo on me!".

Can't remember anything else and they might be the same film for all I know, we just remember everyone in school quoting the gently caress out of those lines :v:

Film 1 is possibly Blind Fury? (#17, alternate take used Dog! Gone! Dog gone!)

Also:

https://twitter.com/garywhitta/status/590351207752798208?s=19

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pilchenstein posted:

Film 2: A henchman responds to something unfortunate happening with "poo poo on me!".

The Crow?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdev4-Oa7io

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
No wonder we couldn't find them if I had Rutger Hauer confused with Cynthia Rothrock and The Crow didn't actually come out until we were in college lol, cheers all :v:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
‘poo poo on me’ is Robocop, the store robber.
edit: nope, he’s more of a ’gently caress me’ guy.

Torquemada fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jul 9, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just to be clear, while I'm happy to have helped, I literally googled "poo poo gently caress shitfuck movie quote", and it came right up. I've never seen it.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Torquemada posted:

‘poo poo on me’ is Robocop, the store robber.
edit: nope, he’s more of a ’gently caress me’ guy.

"poo poo on me" is Zero Cool after he gets pwned by Acid Burn.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Italian horror movie that's basically just a young man and woman in a grave yard who get killed at the end.

I saw it referenced in one of the horror threads, but I lost my place and can't find the post now.

Early 1970s.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

PeterCat posted:

Italian horror movie that's basically just a young man and woman in a grave yard who get killed at the end.

I saw it referenced in one of the horror threads, but I lost my place and can't find the post now.

Early 1970s.

The Iron Rose? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126004/

it's French instead of Italian, but otherwise I think it fits your description

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

gey muckle mowser posted:

The Iron Rose? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126004/

it's French instead of Italian, but otherwise I think it fits your description

That's it!

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I suddenly remembered some TV movie that would have come on the air...probably early 90's, maybe late 80's. It was about some woman who got arrested because fifteen years ago she robbed a bank because her violent ex took her kids and she needed money. My mom turned it off because she hated the content (IIRC she basically sold her body for aid in regards to the robbery) and I always wondered how it ended.

It aired on one of the original three networks: I think CBS but can't say for certain. Very Lifetime Movie Of The Week sort of film.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

I'm trying to remember a horror film that I want to say is an early talkie, definitely before the '40s. It centers around a hotel, or apartment building, in which there are mysterious deaths. The conclusion has something to do with gas being pumped through the plumbing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That sounds like HH Holmes’ murder castle in Chicago, so I’d look for films based on that.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I'm trying to remember a horror film that I want to say is an early talkie, definitely before the '40s. It centers around a hotel, or apartment building, in which there are mysterious deaths. The conclusion has something to do with gas being pumped through the plumbing.

That’s part of the plot of Dashiell Hammett’s “The Dain Curse”

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Oh I found it! It's a Ginger Rogers' film called A Shriek in the Night

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
A hurt dude is rushed through a hospital on a bed, with nurses and a doctor talking fast. The doctor says to the man "this is gonna hurt" and bites the man's nose.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Boz0r posted:

A hurt dude is rushed through a hospital on a bed, with nurses and a doctor talking fast. The doctor says to the man "this is gonna hurt" and bites the man's nose.

Hot Shots

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.

You're right. I thought I could remember every single scene from that movie.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Two action films I saw in the early. The first had a group of Arabs with machine guns and some of them were killed and fell in quicksand. This might have been from the seventies or eighties.

The second had a big fight in a graveyard between characters. One guy had a crossbow, another was throwing axes, another used a bow etc. There were some jobber bad guys two who had machine guns. It was a very Steven Segal esq style film, I don't think there was a big budget for this.

Edit: that should have read early 90s.

Kosmo Gallion fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 13, 2020

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

The second had a big fight in a graveyard between characters. One guy had a crossbow, another was throwing axes, another used a bow etc. There were some jobber bad guys two who had machine guns. It was a very Steven Segal esq style film, I don't think there was a big budget for this.

The Patrick Swayze/Liam Neeson movie Next of Kin has a cemetery fight, does that ring a bell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKulYZPitfw

E: just reading the wikipedia article and that cast is stacked

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 13, 2020

ButtHate
Sep 26, 2007
Looking for a thriller/horror-ish movie I saw in the late 90s on a French TV channel about a murderous cop.
The movie might have also been French or Italian and probably from the 80s.
Theres a cop hunting a blonde woman and her boyfriend. Both are homeless in a big city.
The cop rides a motorcycle and kills with a shotgun. You mostly don't see his face.
He shoves some of the dead victims in trashcans or barrels on the side of the street.
The boyfriend dies, the girl might have been a prostitute.
Afaik it's none of the Maniac Cop or Psycho Cop movies.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There was the 1990 film "Streets" starring Christina Applegate as homeless prostitute targeted by a killer cop.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100707/

ButtHate
Sep 26, 2007

Davros1 posted:

There was the 1990 film "Streets" starring Christina Applegate as homeless prostitute targeted by a killer cop.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100707/

Holy poo poo, that's it! Thanks

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
What movie is the scene on the SA login screen from?

For anyone who is constantly logged in, the scene is a young-ish blonde boy is poking his head in a window from the outside, yells something like "Come on!", the scene cuts to a red piece of broken glass on the floor, then cuts back to the kid, and the window slams down on his head (presumably) pinning him down and some bad thing is going to happen to him. On the login screen it just keeps looping so his head is repeatedly slammed down by the window.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

CzarChasm posted:

What movie is the scene on the SA login screen from?

For anyone who is constantly logged in, the scene is a young-ish blonde boy is poking his head in a window from the outside, yells something like "Come on!", the scene cuts to a red piece of broken glass on the floor, then cuts back to the kid, and the window slams down on his head (presumably) pinning him down and some bad thing is going to happen to him. On the login screen it just keeps looping so his head is repeatedly slammed down by the window.

The Boogeyman (1980)

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Some action/adventure movie I saw as a kid (so 80s or 90s) where the villain had a metal plate in his head (from an accident, I think) and would sometimes grab his head in pain and groan "The pressure! The pressure!"

IIRC it was not a serious movie, and I didn't like it, but ol' metal head has stuck with me throughout the years.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

artsy fartsy posted:

Some action/adventure movie I saw as a kid (so 80s or 90s) where the villain had a metal plate in his head (from an accident, I think) and would sometimes grab his head in pain and groan "The pressure! The pressure!"

IIRC it was not a serious movie, and I didn't like it, but ol' metal head has stuck with me throughout the years.

Mr. Nanny or Suburban Commando, but it definitely has Hulk Hogan in it

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
That’s Mr. Nanny, for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKXpn-IE7lI

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

artsy fartsy posted:

This is a throwback to William Bendix in ‘The Blue Dahlia’ who also clutches his head like this for the same reason, but with extra bonus racism.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Clipperton posted:

The Patrick Swayze/Liam Neeson movie Next of Kin has a cemetery fight, does that ring a bell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKulYZPitfw

E: just reading the wikipedia article and that cast is stacked

I think this could be it. A short clip I found does have one guy running around a graveyard with a bow. Thanks!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Torquemada posted:

This is a throwback to William Bendix in ‘The Blue Dahlia’ who also clutches his head like this for the same reason, but with extra bonus racism.

Chop Top in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 has a metal plate in his head too.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Ha, thanks!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

holy poo poo that guy was in the New York Dolls

Tangentially related question: was that the movie that spawned the "musclebound he-man media star has to deal with children" subgenre, or is there something earlier? So far I've got a list of Mr. Nanny, Kindergarten Cop, The Pacifier, Tooth Fairy and My Spy, and could organize the worst cinematic retrospective in history.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

Tangentially related question: was that the movie that spawned the "musclebound he-man media star has to deal with children" subgenre, or is there something earlier? So far I've got a list of Mr. Nanny, Kindergarten Cop, The Pacifier, Tooth Fairy and My Spy, and could organize the worst cinematic retrospective in history.

Don't forget Twin Sitters!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

My Lovely Horse posted:

Three Men and a Baby, sort of? Not as super macho as the others but it's the same basic premise.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

gey muckle mowser posted:

Three Men and a Baby, sort of? Not as super macho as the others but it's the same basic premise.

How about Overboard, came out same year.
Kurt Russell takes care of a few kids by himself.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Price Check posted:

Don't forget Twin Sitters!

There's one that came out at the beginning of this year with kids in a Fire Service station that every loving movie* was showing the trailer for. It looked abysmal.

(* in the UK, at least)

Ed: Playing With Fire

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 17, 2020

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

happyhippy posted:

How about Overboard, came out same year.
Kurt Russell takes care of a few kids by himself.

Overboard is the "comedy" about Kurt Russell exploiting a woman with amnesia, kidnapping her, and tricking her into raising his kids, right?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I think the first in the genre might be Mr. Mom with Michael Keaton. Think it's pre-batman Keaton, and he's not exactly a muscle man.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Overboard is the "comedy" about Kurt Russell exploiting a woman with amnesia, kidnapping her, and tricking her into raising his kids, right?

to be fair, kurt's character was a working class prole and she was the callous bourgeoisie willingly crushing him underfoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Also, unusual for the 80s, they explicitly limited the sexual nature of things although the gender stereotypes are leaned into heavily.