Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Colossal crabs may hold clue to Amelia Earhart fate

quote:

There are 206 bones in an adult human skeleton—what happened to the 193 that weren’t found? Evidence points to the coconut crabs, who have earned their nickname “robber crabs.” When Gallagher described the site of the discovery he said that “coconut crabs had scattered many bones.” The omnivorous crabs will eat coconuts (of course), fallen fruit, birds, rodents, other crabs—and carrion.

TIGHAR has performed several experiments to see if the crabs would drag bones back to their burrows. In one, they brought a pig carcass to the island and filmed what happened to it. Crabs—coconut crabs plus the smaller, more numerous strawberry hermit crabs—swarmed the body, removing most of the flesh within two weeks.

“This tells us crabs drag bones,” says Tom King, the group’s former chief archaeologist, “but it doesn’t tell us how far.” A year after the experiment they discovered some bones had been dragged 60 feet from the body, but they couldn’t account for all of the remains.

King thinks it’s likely that Earhart perished on the island as a castaway. After she died, the crabs consumed her body and dragged her bones into their burrows—except of course for the thirteen that Gallagher discovered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sometimes, you eat the carb
and sometimes, well... sometimes, the carb, he eats you

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what's bread got to do with this

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

My (23m) girlfriend (23f) keeps telling me she wants me to "act more like a crab".

quote:

My girlfriend has an off fascination with crabs. She is always watching Youtube video on crabs, her apartment is covered in crab art, she has little crab statues and stuff, she loves crabs. And she will never eat crab, if you say you eat crab to her you may as well be saying you eat veal. She is very pro crab.
Lately she has started telling me I should "act more like a crab" in day to day life. When I asked her to clarify, she explained she literally wanted me to behave like a crab. As in mimic their behavior and movements.
She demonstrated my making her hands do pincer-style movements, and she started squatting and kind of walking sideways around the room, and kept saying "crabble crabble crabble" in a gravely voice.
Now at first I found this very hilarious, but she asked me to try it. I only did it once, briefly. I told her okay you've had your laugh, but then she got angry at me. She wants me to act like this "way more often".
It's a very bizarre scenario. It keeps coming up, she keeps pestering me about it. Like this morning I was making scrambled eggs and she said "How would a crab make those eggs?" I was like what? When I was working on my laptop she said "How would a crab filter that Excel file? Be a crab." I was like I can't be a drat crab right now I have to work. And when I would get up to walk anywhere in the apartment she would remark "That's a pretty upright walk for a crab."
Don't even get me started on last night, because yes she wanted me to be "an erotic crab" in the bedroom and no I didn't do it. I'm dreading that one coming up again.
I just don't have any interest in behaving like a crab. I am afraid if I humor her again and engage in crabbery that she will get used to it and I'll be trapped into acting like a crab more often.
If it were like a one-off thing or every now and then that's one thing. I'd still say it's weird but I could live with it I guess. But she is wanting to act like a crab constantly and I can't deal with it.
Has anyone else had their girlfriend insist that they act like a crab or other crustacean? I am at my wits end. This seems so ridiculous. She is mad at me right now. Aside from this recent crab issue we have had almost no problems in our year of dating. But if she is going to persist in this crab thing it might be a dealbreaker I don't know. How can I convince her to stop telling me to act like a crab?
TL;DR - My girlfriend wants to be act more like a crab and I have no interest in that behavior, which enrages her.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I don't buy it. The crabs murdered her.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The redditor with the crab loving gf should tell her about earhart and give a mighty snop. If it just makes her get way more into it then break up. She woulda loved the crustaceans more than you anyway, it was already over she's married to the sea.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
https://images.app.goo.gl/3gw9jRK3E3V3hc9n9

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

christmas boots posted:

I don't buy it. The crabs murdered her.

Yeah, that article does have this embedded video of one killing a sea bird by breaking it's wings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Nfu7iR7lc

I bet a big one could snip snop a castaway's neck if it wanted to.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This little sandy boi won't murder you for setting foot on his island, probably

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Chad Jihad posted:

My (23m) girlfriend (23f) keeps telling me she wants me to "act more like a crab".

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Chad Jihad posted:

That’s hot.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

crelm

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

crarld

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
crabble crabble crabble

naem
May 29, 2011

:agreed:

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3NE6UuaLiY

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Touch my crown chakra, get the snip snopra

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Yeah, I love shrimp acupuncture.

Stress just melting away...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

From Gary Larson's "sketchbook 4"

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Xaintrailles posted:

Yeah, I love shrimp acupuncture.

Stress just melting away...

Do you know anything about the seasonings on those shrimp?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

too crafty. Box crabs are dangerous as fcuk

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Lil Peeler posted:

Sadly, there is no delicious crab in the seasoning for the full snip-on-snop experience.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

crog.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Lil Peeler posted:

I used to go to a bar in Balto that would cook up pre-peeled shrimp in Old Bay.
It was Delicious.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 11, 2020

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/MURAITOMOOMI/status/1272876180639641601?s=19

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

SNOPS!
https://imgur.com/8hJUtxt.mp4

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Important message here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCdxH2nJsdq/?igshid=7lmtbime6qn1

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
My hero :glomp:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new-crab-species-named-after-nightwish/

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

ghost love score was written about a crab.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Maybe shellfish allergy is actually nature pushing us towards a crab utopia.

Another video game crab:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.theonion.com/kitchenaid-unveils-new-lobster-sedation-kit-to-reduce-c-1844366728

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
never boil any creature alive imo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I don't think it's fair to eat a lobster without giving it a knife and defeating it combat first. At least that way he has a chance, either at survival or Valhalla.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It's okay to boil a creature alive and eat it, but only if you join it in the same pot and prove yourself worthy by surviving the same trial

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Unfair example because the most likely alien race is almost certain to be space crabs