Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Aurora posted:

not a big fan of the aesthetic

Yeah it's definitely kind of a mess, especially the UI. It's a lot to hit you with up front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Zokari posted:

Synergism: Uggggh, I'm so close to finishing the first Sadistic challenge. It's really obnoxious how severe of a bottleneck the green...things you upgrade talismans are. I have everything I need to upgrade my next one except for the greens, where I only have like 10% of what I need.

How do you get the Sadistic challenge? I'm assuming I would have to finish No Runes first (I may have lost a bunch of progress when I upgraded my computer and the windows backup didn't work. I... hadn't done the download save in awhile).

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Randalor posted:

How do you get the Sadistic challenge? I'm assuming I would have to finish No Runes first (I may have lost a bunch of progress when I upgraded my computer and the windows backup didn't work. I... hadn't done the download save in awhile).

you should be doing the download save every day for the free quarks

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Lone Goat posted:

I click the button for the quarks and cancel the save.

...I'll fill my disk up with pointless old saves otherwise! I've never had a problem with just loading new versions before. :sweatdrop:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

...I'll fill my disk up with pointless old saves otherwise! I've never had a problem with just loading new versions before. :sweatdrop:

you can tell chrome to block multiple downloads that's what I did

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I did the same thing with NGU until it was ported to Steam.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

Oh, I know, I just forgot it was a thing for a week or two, and only remembered when I actually noticed the two researches that gave more quarks. Now I've been doing it daily.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Why not just... overwrite the existing file?????

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Ordinal Markup and the long active grind to Aleph Upgrade 3. :sigh:

Because once you're at BHO (which takes about ~10 hours) each Factor Boost comes in like a minute and a half so I really can't do anything else.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sage Grimm posted:

Ordinal Markup and the long active grind to Aleph Upgrade 3. :sigh:

Because once you're at BHO (which takes about ~10 hours) each Factor Boost comes in like a minute and a half so I really can't do anything else.

did you grab SM20 or are you doing AU3 for SM20? SM20 will let you sequence in Challenge 8 almost asap with Challenge 1 which will let you in turn speed everything else up.

game really starts flying after SM15 though, and getting SM12 is really nice

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
AU3 for SM20. Certainly started moving after I hit that milestone; my first collapse after that collected AU4 and 5 without much thought. The second collapse ended up with ~300 Cardinals and only semi-active play!

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
I don't know if anyone is still playing Cavernous, but when I finally figured out my 10 gold path and unlocked the second clone it was a genuine galaxy brain moment for me.

Highly recommend, would idle again.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

postmodifier posted:

I don't know if anyone is still playing Cavernous, but when I finally figured out my 10 gold path and unlocked the second clone it was a genuine galaxy brain moment for me.

Highly recommend, would idle again.

Was this before or after killing the Goblin? Those two and the lava pit seem to be my main impediments now and am not sure which needs to be tackled first.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
so i've only got the last ELO research (the 2e13 cost one) left, i have about 130 rune levels left between prism and thrift, and i'm about e50 away from the last ant autobuyer and i don't feel like i'm anywhere close to doing sad. Am i just doing this wrong? i have 4 talismans including the shop one and they're all purple and maxxed except plastic which is blue. i'm at 1/3/5 on respecs, should i save up and try 1/2/4? last time i tried i only got 20% of the way there, it just feels like i'm doing it wrong

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Klungar posted:

Was this before or after killing the Goblin? Those two and the lava pit seem to be my main impediments now and am not sure which needs to be tackled first.

I did it before the goblin, at mana 61? The amount of iron mining and forging you need to do for both bridges AND equipment felt way too tight for me, so I wanted to unlock another clone so I could keep cost parity but also park someone at the vaporizer. Gonna try goblin tonight!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

postmodifier posted:

I did it before the goblin, at mana 61? The amount of iron mining and forging you need to do for both bridges AND equipment felt way too tight for me, so I wanted to unlock another clone so I could keep cost parity but also park someone at the vaporizer. Gonna try goblin tonight!

Any chance you could post an image of which 10 gold you hit? All the routes I’ve tried I’ve been too short on while still having to get 2-3 bridges.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Klungar posted:

Any chance you could post an image of which 10 gold you hit? All the routes I’ve tried I’ve been too short on while still having to get 2-3 bridges.

Can do, give me some time to get home since I'm on mobile at the minute but I'll quote you again and post it a relatively soon!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Eldercain posted:

so i've only got the last ELO research (the 2e13 cost one) left, i have about 130 rune levels left between prism and thrift, and i'm about e50 away from the last ant autobuyer and i don't feel like i'm anywhere close to doing sad. Am i just doing this wrong? i have 4 talismans including the shop one and they're all purple and maxxed except plastic which is blue. i'm at 1/3/5 on respecs, should i save up and try 1/2/4? last time i tried i only got 20% of the way there, it just feels like i'm doing it wrong

1/2/4 gets you particles and challenges, which can offer indirect boosts to ant progress. It's worth the 800k offerings for the temporary swap, every time exemption talisman gets maxed with a new color (and once it's maxed red, every time another talisman gets to maxed red). 1/3/5 gets you direct ant progress. Either way, you need red talismans for challenge 10, and you need good ant sacrifices for red talismans.

Obtainium: finish maxing out that last research, then bank obtainium (not that you could do otherwise if it's the last) to improve the SI blessing's effect. Consider keeping a baseline amount of obtainium (e.g. 1e13) banked at a minimum to help with that, so you only spend on the research when you have 3e13 or more.

Offerings: throw your offerings first at prism until it's maxed, for more sacrifice rewards. Thrift can come later: you'll want its blessing when you actually go for challenge 10 with your good talismans, but it won't have a huge impact on getting the good talismans in the first place.

Talismans: plastic will suck up your materials, if you let it. Don't spend more than 50% of any given resource enhancing plastic, or more than 10% fortifying it. That should generally let you comfortably have enough to enhance and fortify the others when you get enough of the new color resource.

Ants: keep doing 15 minute ant sacrifices - don't hold out for extra time to get one last upgrade or whatever, it's not worth it. Unless that's getting to e300 crumbs for tier 8 ants, in which case yes extend the run slightly. Your first e300 will probably be from a long overnight run, then it'll probably be like 30 min on the next run, 20 after that, and rapidly shrinking after that. You make a lot of progress very fast when you first get tier 8 ants.

Other: every now and then (maybe once a day), leave your ants going on a long run, turn off auto-T, and do two reincarnations - one at optimal obtainium time and one at optimal offering time. Ant sacrifice rewards are based on best obt/sec and off/sec, which are based on how much you get for reincarnating (it doesn't factor in extra offerings for mid-R transcension).

Also, if you're not already at the point where you get way more obt and off from a 15-min sac than from reincarnating, you will be soon. When you notice that's the case, just stop transcending and reincarnating (aside from the 1/day noted above). Let the reincarnation just go long so ants are constantly benefiting from the maxed-out speed increase from reincarnation timer.

Vil fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 11, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Eldercain posted:

i think you need the first two talismans to be red to finish your first sadistic? and yes you'll need to swap to 124 while you do it.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Klungar posted:

gold and iron are numbered in the order I mined them, bridges I used are marked in green x's.

You'll need 6 iron for bridges throughout the run, I marked them in order of how I farmed them: double back to the forge/anvil to build your second bridge after you mine #5, cross the top left and get the gold up there and the last iron you need. On the way back down, build your third bridge, cross over to the east and get the last two gold you need, then haul rear end for the clone square.

I did this with no vaporizing (obviously) and roughly 60 mana, you may need to grind your mining skill up (I think mine was at 18) a bit to make this work so that you spend less time actually traversing through the blocks.

Hope it helps!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

postmodifier posted:

gold and iron are numbered in the order I mined them, bridges I used are marked in green x's.

You'll need 6 iron for bridges throughout the run, I marked them in order of how I farmed them: double back to the forge/anvil to build your second bridge after you mine #5, cross the top left and get the gold up there and the last iron you need. On the way back down, build your third bridge, cross over to the east and get the last two gold you need, then haul rear end for the clone square.

I did this with no vaporizing (obviously) and roughly 60 mana, you may need to grind your mining skill up (I think mine was at 18) a bit to make this work so that you spend less time actually traversing through the blocks.

Hope it helps!

Thanks, I’ll give it a whirl. I had convinced myself I needed to use the bottomless pit to the right of 2/3 to reduce the number of bridges by one, but clearly that is just introducing too much walking into the loop.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Yeah, for me the moment it clicked was when I realized I needed to minimize as much as possible the distances I was walking away from the clone square, especially since you already have to backtrack to the forge a few times. My earlier attempts were all focused on farming out the entire east side of the map, but it was just too much walking. Keeping everything as tight to the center and being really careful about not digging out squares you don't need to walk through got me there with just a few seconds to spare.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eldercain posted:

Yeah, Sadistic is closer to red/red/orange/orange.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Vil posted:

good stuff

I'm not doing 15m ants cuz I don't sit at my computer that much but noted. the thing about reincarnations is news to me the mechanics of ants are really not explained at all so I'll go ahead and do that. ants are already way better for resources so goodbye rs

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

postmodifier posted:

Hope it helps!

Interesting, this is a very different 10 gold than I took! I cleared out the starting room, the room to the right, and the room above the room to the right; and just dipped into the room above the starting room at the end for the nearest gold. I love how this game gives you multiple viable routes.

Don't just scroll past Cavernous, people, it's really good and really original.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Eldercain posted:

I'm not doing 15m ants cuz I don't sit at my computer that much but noted. the thing about reincarnations is news to me the mechanics of ants are really not explained at all so I'll go ahead and do that. ants are already way better for resources so goodbye rs

Gotcha. Well, while 15 min is ~~optimal~~, longer runs aren't gonna screw you over too much. That said, whenever you're by the computer, go ahead and do a sac, because the more and the shorter there are, the better. And if you don't mind a post-c10 spoiler...

3 more rows of researches open up after challenge 10, and research 5x24 gives a button that automates the 15 min sacrifice. Costs 1e18 obtainium but it's a very solid QoL choice as your first research purchase, especially if you're not manually sacrificing too often.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
yeah it's gonna be my first purchase unless there's something that will help me get to e18 ob sooner

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
dumb NGU question/suggestion: could there be an option to disable or reduce respawn time bonuses while the game is open? I'm really close to idling Rad Lands and an extra second or two to regen HP would be really handy

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is there a way to cheese the Godmother in NGU?

I've got the recommended stats to manual the Easy difficulty, but i just can't seem to get the timing down to get around that huge attack every 9 attacks or so. It's like it's too rapid for me.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Kin posted:

Is there a way to cheese the Godmother in NGU?

I've got the recommended stats to manual the Easy difficulty, but i just can't seem to get the timing down to get around that huge attack every 9 attacks or so. It's like it's too rapid for me.

How are you manually doing the fight?

For that fight: take off all respawn gear, max power gear and your move cooldowns (hourglass and fight ring)
Precast charge and parry and wait for the cooldowns
Switch to the zone, immediately offensive buff/ultimate buff before she spawns. Ultimate attack, charge, pierce attack, parry, take beast mode off. This should do most of her health.

Go through move rotations except block, but watch the explosion warning. If you have block trained to 100% you should live through the explosion if you block before it IIRC

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Fellis posted:

How are you manually doing the fight?

For that fight: take off all respawn gear, max power gear and your move cooldowns (hourglass and fight ring)
Precast charge and parry and wait for the cooldowns
Switch to the zone, immediately offensive buff/ultimate buff before she spawns. Ultimate attack, charge, pierce attack, parry, take beast mode off. This should do most of her health.

Go through move rotations except block, but watch the explosion warning. If you have block trained to 100% you should live through the explosion if you block before it IIRC

Hah, i don't have gear specs for different situations. I've just got whatever the gear optimiser app told me to have for the most power and toughness.

I'll give that battle sequence a go though, i've got block up to 100%.

edit: Woop, that sequence did it first time!

I think i might wait until i've got the stats for autokill before trying it again though. I can't imagine doing that every time for the gear.

Time for wishes, i take it they're good?

Kin fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 12, 2020

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kin posted:

an understatement

some of them are good some of them are powerful enough they change the game

e: like becoming a jar of mayo

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Kin posted:

Hah, i don't have gear specs for different situations. I've just got whatever the gear optimiser app told me to have for the most power and toughness.

I'll give that battle sequence a go though, i've got block up to 100%.

edit: Woop, that sequence did it first time!

I think i might wait until i've got the stats for autokill before trying it again though. I can't imagine doing that every time for the gear.

The move cooldown items are way better than your two weakest accessories when fighting manually, getting off block/parry/gaze faster was important for my first exile kill.

Do you not have gear specs for any different situations?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Congrats you're on your way to forever removing adv training

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Fellis posted:

The move cooldown items are way better than your two weakest accessories when fighting manually, getting off block/parry/gaze faster was important for my first exile kill.

Do you not have gear specs for any different situations?

Nah, I've kinda just been powering through it as other than walderp there hasn't really been anything that's needed tactics so far.

Like, I just let the game run, quietly amassing numbers and then I go kill the next thing. It might not be the fastest, but its seen me through things so far.

I take it with wishes this is the point that evil really picks up in speed?

Edit: Oh and should i pretty much be dumping as much as i can into wishes now for progress? I Spend a good 5-10 hours of a 24 hour period just amassing augments, blood magic, wandoos etc to sustain/marginally grow my number to keep pushing up the bosses.

I'm at the Typo Zonw but still haven't even farmed the Godmother gear yet, so i was thinking I could probably sacrifice a lot of the the time i'm dumping into those areas at the expense of level gain as long as i make it up to the godmother.

Kin fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 13, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Gotta say this NGU idle game is charming and immediately addictive. There's just so much stuff, it washes over me.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Black Griffon posted:

Gotta say this NGU idle game is charming and immediately addictive. There's just so much stuff, it washes over me.

yeah that doesn't change, there is so much MORE stuff as you go

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So, if it came down to it, what's the better initial investment for AP.

The 250k for 25% faster wishes or the 225k for the Pink heart?

It'll probably take a week or two to level it up to 100 in the daycare anyway, by which time i might have another 250k in AP for the faster wishes so that might answer my own question.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kin posted:

So, if it came down to it, what's the better initial investment for AP.

The 250k for 25% faster wishes or the 225k for the Pink heart?

It'll probably take a week or two to level it up to 100 in the daycare anyway, by which time i might have another 250k in AP for the faster wishes so that might answer my own question.

Probably the heart, like you said you won't be able to use it right away but getting it early to stuff in the daycare is worth it imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I just did my first Blind Challenge. It took 94 seconds and I'm still annoyed at it.