Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

1stGear posted:

Hilariously, Roosh is the progenitor of a lot of PUA garbage. When hbomberguy did a video on them, he noted that weirdly, Roosh actually seemed kind of repulsed at the idea of having sex with women, or just sex in general.

What I'm saying is that Roosh is a psychologist's PhD thesis waiting to happen.

Roosh is basically a 10 year old, equal parts terrified and fascinated about sex. Difference is most 10 year olds could tell you something interesting about rocks or dinosaurs or horses or turtles or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1281407557521879043?s=20
https://twitter.com/Kris10withaK/status/1281454849427636224?s=20

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I loving wish.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Okay, I understand it might be funny to vote for Joe Biden as a joke, but every vote for Biden is actually a vote against Kanye West and all you're doing is getting Trump re-elected.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is Roosh volcel now then? Did his dick drop off or something?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

OwlFancier posted:

Is Roosh volcel now then? Did his dick drop off or something?
He went full ham on religion, I think

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Elysiume posted:

He went full ham on religion, I think

Alt-reich is played out so they're all starting to move to trad-cath. Need to stay fresh to be at the front of the grift curve.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Elysiume posted:

I loving wish.

...don't these defenders of Western civilization realise that the Greeks were the heroes in the Iliad?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Inceltown posted:

Alt-reich is played out so they're all starting to move to trad-cath. Need to stay fresh to be at the front of the grift curve.

Even the Nazi femboys are turning tradwife from """ironic""" racists. Sign of the end times.

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019
https://twitter.com/sftechworker/status/1280746191433527297?s=19

Trevor Milton fiunder of Nikola Motors and the next SV tech genius.

Owling Howl has a new favorite as of 11:06 on Jul 11, 2020

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Owling Howl posted:

Nikola Motors

:sad:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Samovar posted:

...don't these defenders of Western civilization realise that the Greeks were the heroes in the Iliad?

I watched Zootopia for the second time today, first time was a few years ago. I thought I understood what it was about but after watching it again today I think I got a bit more from it.

I saw a comment on a meme about a pig in the movie acting racist and how it was symbolic of our current social environment ("racist pigs"). Another commenter said something along the lines of "so much of that movie went over people's heads".

I thought "Huh maybe they're right, I should watch it again."

And you know what I learned? The 2nd commenter had a point, but maybe not the one they intended to make.

You know what this movie's about in the end? It's about a government official (a sheep) from the racial majority (prey) inciting violence so she could push the agenda that "all predators are bad." The predators were socially deemed and volatile and unpredictable following her almost-successful scheme.

The prey began acting scared and antsy, treating predators as untrustworthy citizens, and descriminating against them based on the actions of a few.

In the movie, the sheep gets caught and sent to prison. The whole scheme is exposed and the animals live happily ever after.

You know who discovered this elaborate scheme? A team of predator and prey working together, overcoming their own prejudices and upbringings to focus on defeating a common evil: a bad egg in the government.

The enemies we face, as individuals and as citizens of our respective governments, are the corrupt players IN government. The ones who stand to gain, and profit from civil unrest; the people who can't afford to have our undivided attention, so they'll do whatever it takes to spark infighting. The Iliad doesn't feature the wooden horse, as it ends shortly after the death of Hector, before the end of the Trojan war.

Another interesting item in this movie is the means used to incite the violent outbursts: a gun with a compound used to alter consciousness of the targets. Hrmmm. Gee, our government would never develop anything like that, would they? Dunno if there's any such guns being used today, but MK Ultra never ended and Project Mockingbird seems to be operating successfully.

I know this isn't the most organized collection of thoughts, but I've had a bit to drink and the longer I wait to post this, the less cohesive it will be. Make of it what you will, ofc.

TL;DR watching Zootopia was a good call because it's not just about racist cops. It's about a racist govt official who incited violence in order to push a divisive agenda. And the way she was taken down was through the cooperation of both "races" working together to expose government corruption.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Legit question where the gently caress is the Biden campaign? I'm seeing all sorts of social media poo poo-- both unironic and "lol look at how dumb they are" poo poo from the Trump Campaign-- but nary a peep from Biden. Trump is spending money to get his crappy ads plastered on YouTube. I haven't seen a single Biden ad. This is pretty concerning halfway through the election year.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Don't interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Trump seems to be doing such a bad job that perhaps the best strategy is to just let him play his hand? The best attack ads in the world pale in comparison to some of his odd comments and reactions to what is going on in the country.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Data Graham posted:

Don't interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake

Ok but also don’t let people forget that you’re running

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mind the walrus posted:

Legit question where the gently caress is the Biden campaign? I'm seeing all sorts of social media poo poo-- both unironic and "lol look at how dumb they are" poo poo from the Trump Campaign-- but nary a peep from Biden. Trump is spending money to get his crappy ads plastered on YouTube. I haven't seen a single Biden ad. This is pretty concerning halfway through the election year.
biden has dementia and any time he gets let out to speak for any length of time he either rlly obviously seniles the gently caress out at some point or says something racist, so their strategy is just to hide him in the basement and try to win off being "not tronp"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So far it’s working as far as polls are concerned. In any other year I would expect him to get Mondaled.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Okay, I understand it might be funny to vote for Joe Biden as a joke, but every vote for Biden is actually a vote against Kanye West and all you're doing is getting Trump re-elected.
Simple data.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Biden did just tease his plan to revitalize the economy

It’s tax credits

Him not speaking is in his best interest

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Henchman of Santa posted:

So far it’s working as far as polls are concerned. In any other year I would expect him to get Mondaled.

lol do polls even matter

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Owling Howl posted:

https://twitter.com/sftechworker/status/1280746191433527297?s=19

Trevor Milton fiunder of Nikola Motors and the next SV tech genius.

quote:

The potential energy stored in the truck's 80 kilograms (176 pounds) of hydrogen yields 3 mega-watt/hours of electricity.
These units are not correct.

quote:

By comparison, the current version of the Tesla Semi has 1.2 mW/hr of onboard energy storage.
Neither are these.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Biden has had a bunch of TV commercials here in WI. Like, drat near constant. And they've all been...fine? So it looks like they're focusing ads to non-internet focused folks which is probably smart on their part.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Take US election talk to D&D, please, unless it directly relates to the thread topic.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What part of the US election doesn't directly relate to idiots on Social Media?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The stuff like on this page that's just talking about campaign strategies and polls.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

EDIT: Oh sorry, Moon Slayer, missed what you said. I'm dropping it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/JohnSchoffstall/status/1278643739322388481

https://twitter.com/i_chug_gasoline/status/1278859284235730946

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/charlotteg_07/status/1280949079661580288?s=20

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

That's silly but why do Americans always pretend to not understand people from the British isles.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

See I can understand that but I've never seen anyone actually type out british english in text before.

Though I can't tell if it's supposed to be scottish or just northern.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 21:08 on Jul 11, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It's very weird to me that the people who supposedly invented the loving language don't write in it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good to see a munchy box in the thread.

My accent is pretty clear as far as British ones go, but everyday I’ll have someone staring at me here (Florida) because they haven’t understood a word I’ve said. Usually have to order my food 2 or 3 times and still don’t always get what I ask for.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The UK has pretty extreme variation in how the language is spoken and different areas incorporate wildly different word use and pronunciation dating back a thousand years, lots of more rural dialects still have holdovers from middle english.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

lobsterminator posted:

That's silly but why do Americans always pretend to not understand people from the British isles.

Sometimes we can't actually understand what you're saying, especially the more niche dialects. But that's ok because sometimes Britains can't understand what we are saying and would be very hard pressed to even name a niche American dialect.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Skwirl posted:

It's very weird to me that the people who supposedly invented the loving language don't write in it.

There is a wide and beautiful range of accents across the Isles. By which I mean welcome to Scotland ya fuckin bam.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

there wolf posted:

Sometimes we can't actually understand what you're saying, especially the more niche dialects. But that's ok because sometimes Britains can't understand what we are saying and would be very hard pressed to even name a niche American dialect.

I'm an outside observer and both are equally foreign. Maybe it's different if you've grown up natively in one version instead of being immersed in both languages through media. But like in Graham Norton show when there's some Scottish person and an American guest the Americans always have trouble understanding the Scot. It might also be that you don't get much British content in the US. Sorry if I sounded too smug in my initial post.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

there wolf posted:

The UK is basically full of people who sound like Cajuns or rural Appalachians. And we have trouble understanding each other too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

darkwasthenight posted:

There is a wide and beautiful range of accents across the Isles. By which I mean welcome to Scotland ya fuckin bam.

Bizarrely, Scottish tweets are much easier for me to read than whatever the gently caress that was. Maybe because I liked Trainspotting enough that I read the book and a bunch of other Irvine Welsh poo poo in high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

lobsterminator posted:

I'm an outside observer and both are equally foreign. Maybe it's different if you've grown up natively in one version instead of being immersed in both languages through media. But like in Graham Norton show when there's some Scottish person and an American guest the Americans always have trouble understanding the Scot. It might also be that you don't get much British content in the US. Sorry if I sounded too smug in my initial post.

Regional accents don't get airtime so no reason they would.

Accents are actually more coherent across the country these days because people move around more - before industrialisation each village might have it's own strong dialect, so farmers from Sheepdickdale sound totally different to the turnip fuckers in Cowturddale across the valley. Now it's just a couple of dozen major dialects so as long as you know the local words for ginnel, breadcake, and wanker you're probably not too far out of water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScELaXMCVis

Edit:

Skwirl posted:

Bizarrely, Scottish tweets are much easier for me to read than whatever the gently caress that was. Maybe because I liked Trainspotting enough that I read the book and a bunch of other Irvine Welsh poo poo in high school.

That's Scottish too, just not the pantomime Trainspotting dialect Scots twitter pretends to post in.