Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
They supposedly pinky promised that hundreds of titles are already confirmed to be working so it seems like PS4 backwards compatibility is a safe bet, but they also haven't really said anything other than short statements and they didn't say a single word about it during their presentation. Making some people skittish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Have they not confirmed that? I know people hate on Xbox here, this generation, mostly rightfully so, but it’s really cool that you’ll be able to play 4 generations of Xbox games on the new one. If I ever need another console (lol) then I’d be more likely to pick one up than a PS5, solely because I can play games I bought 15 years ago on it without repaying.

By now it sounds like it should be fine for PS4 games. Earlier systems though, I'm not holding my breath.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Lobok posted:

Earlier systems though, I'm not holding my breath.

Agreed otherwise why wouldn't they be self-fellating themselves in public constantly and shrieking this from the rooftops if this was in the works

I'll be happy as long as PS4 BC works reasonably well and includes BLOODBORNE. Actually gently caress BC just a port of that is fine too

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

KingSlime posted:

They supposedly pinky promised that hundreds of titles are already confirmed to be working so it seems like PS4 backwards compatibility is a safe bet, but they also haven't really said anything other than short statements and they didn't say a single word about it during their presentation. Making some people skittish

In sure anything actually worth playing will be

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Oh my god.

Paper Mario: Origami King

Paper Mario OK

It was right there all along. We could have saved him. They gave us all the clues.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
God drat it is Paper Mario a Nazi now

Well this game/year is really turning out terrible

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
reposting for new page:

I'm getting desperate

Is there a good place to buy a refurb Switch for under $300

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Steve Yun posted:

reposting for new page:

I'm getting desperate

Nintendo themselves. Check their official store, they occasionally have the old models refurbished for $250. Their refurbished stuff is like new.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Junkie Disease posted:

Micro machines back babies!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Switch is the greatest Micro machine of all

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

BisterdDave posted:

Because it was gonna look like rear end on the Switch anyways

Lol I’m going to buy it on Switch and Xbox X.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Last night I was watching a bad movie (alien vs predator) while playing Tetris 99 on my switch in handheld mode and for a second I thought about buying a Switch Lite so it was a little more comfortable...but then I figured I should probably just watch better movies that deserve more of my attention.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Last night I was watching a bad movie (alien vs predator) while playing Tetris 99 on my switch in handheld mode and for a second I thought about buying a Switch Lite so it was a little more comfortable...but then I figured I should probably just watch better movies that deserve more of my attention.

I don’t think the lite is more comfortable. The screen is just too small for some games. The only thing it has is the dpad and you can grab one of those $15 dollar hori left joycons if you really want one.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I would be so hyped for a new micro machines game, if it's that top downish view from the PS1 game, and also includes codes like the first game that lets you change your car into the various objects around the track

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

ErrEff posted:

Nobody's posted it yet, so.... here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzH-VyqZKY

I hope those are pre-alpha animations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I've never heard of bakuman or whatever, but as someone who has never played a real Pokémon game it looks like the same thing. Oh well, they can’t all be exciting announcements.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Playing through Color Splash as I missed it in anticipation for the Origami King release next week, I'm super excited for a new Paper Mario game.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Cross Code is every bit as good as I expected it to be. Great music, good humor, and engaging gameplay. Im loving it.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

lol I opened the video and skipped to the middle to just see what all the :chloe: was about and landed on the car alarm part

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Steve Yun posted:

I'm getting desperate

https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-switch/refurbished.html

They're out of stock at this exact moment but keep replenishing. You might end up with original models if that matters.

Unless you specifically need refurbished units for a project, or are gambling for a reduced battery life for some reason, the usual retailers have current model back in stock throughout the week; BestBuy showed availability this morning/afternoon and could easily have some tonight. Good luck!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if i set up a european nintendo account can i play friends of mineral town right now?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

micro machines back babies

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The White Dragon posted:

if i set up a european nintendo account can i play friends of mineral town right now?

Should be able to. I’d just wait so it’s tied to your main account. I’m so happy it turned out to be good. I got a physical copy coming that includes a little cow plush.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Should be able to. I’d just wait so it’s tied to your main account. I’m so happy it turned out to be good. I got a physical copy coming that includes a little cow plush.

you know what i'd already bought it on my main account anyway. i was just hoping that i could create an eu account, and start up the game as it :v:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The White Dragon posted:

you know what i'd already bought it on my main account anyway. i was just hoping that i could create an eu account, and start up the game as it :v:

Try it and see. Let us know if that works.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Regarding the concern of lack of incentive and progression from battles in Origami King, it seems like they might have actually addressed that this time around according to leaked copies of the game.

Coins can be used to permanently upgrade your stats. Why they didn't reveal this in marketing is beyond me.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Truly the Dark Souls of Paper Mario

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I see twitch streamers are playing the leaked rom. Avoiding it all!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Weren't you supposed to write-up your impressions on the many indie games you've recently purchased?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Weren't you supposed to write-up your impressions on the many indie games you've recently purchased?

That is the write-up

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I decided yesterday was a great time to leave work early, get drunk, and shitpost about Bakugan.

Doubt I'll have time today since I'm actually doing things, but yell at me tomorrow and I'll actually get off my lazy rear end and write things.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You got it boss.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Rogue trooper redux is 66% off so I picked it up. For those of you who know it, hey lookie it's cheap. For those that dont, it's a surprisingly good single player shooter. I grabbed it on a whim years ago on original xbox expecting nothing and had a blast with it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Araxxor posted:

Regarding the concern of lack of incentive and progression from battles in Origami King, it seems like they might have actually addressed that this time around according to leaked copies of the game.

Coins can be used to permanently upgrade your stats. Why they didn't reveal this in marketing is beyond me.

Because they shouldn't have to spell out every single mechanic for a game? Like i know my gimmick is to go "lol goons slam down opinions" but again, y'all sure did slam down some opinions

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

blackguy32 posted:

Cross Code is every bit as good as I expected it to be. Great music, good humor, and engaging gameplay. Im loving it.

Cross Code is indeed a great game. I had it on PC but ended up rebuying it on Switch (because, duh).

The console versions have some issues so far, but they've already posted the patches are in the approval pipelines.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I started it on pc gamepass last night and is it just me or is melee the way to play the game and balls are just for puzzles? Holy poo poo is melee way more satisfying than the balls.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, so so can someone point me to the Paper Mario video that deeply offended them and killed their family?

So far, I'm seeing a gorgeous game that looks fun that might be a bit light on the rpg elements.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
imo, i like games that i like and don't like games that i don't like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, so so can someone point me to the Paper Mario video that deeply offended them and killed their family?

So far, I'm seeing a gorgeous game that looks fun that might be a bit light on the rpg elements.

I don't know if anyone's deeply offended so much as disappointed