Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I also don't understand why a cook would need instructions on how to use a salty sauce. I mean, you'd just taste it and find out it's salty, right? And then you can put it on things that benefit from being salty. There I solved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm just waiting for the Isekai that cuts out the middle man, and the protaganist just reincarnates as a magical bottle of Soy Sauce, and its just nothing but people having foodgasms.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
There was that manga about a serial reincarnate.
It had exactly one good scene:

MC goes to new world; Peasants complain about being hungr; MC suggests that they eat the food they have lying around; MC gets declared a god for his superior intelligence.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
That manga is pretty bad but that specific scene was great:

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Argue posted:

That manga is pretty bad but that specific scene was great:

I can't even understand what I'm reading here.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

The "haha peasants are so dumb, why don't you just do things like the modern Japanese do?" trope with very ignorant peasants this time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah, it's a gag based on the trope of the "how are you still breathing"-stupid level peasantry in a lot of isekai.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone know of any Villainess manga that actually succeed in not getting in the spotlight? It seems like most of the ones I keep finding are like 'Okay, now I'll just keep out of the conflict and I won't get drawn into all the chaos' *9 chapters go by* 'Oh no, I'm Goku now!'

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

RareAcumen posted:

Anyone know of any Villainess manga that actually succeed in not getting in the spotlight? It seems like most of the ones I keep finding are like 'Okay, now I'll just keep out of the conflict and I won't get drawn into all the chaos' *9 chapters go by* 'Oh no, I'm Goku now!'

I can't really think of any. A story typically has conflict somewhere or another so even all the dumb "slow life" stories usually involve dealing with issues that seek to threaten the living situation. The closest story I can think of to your request would probably be Lady Rose Wants to be a Commoner. She's not the villain, but she succeeds in removing herself from her situation. But, of course, her past is constantly haunting her.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nalin posted:

I can't really think of any. A story typically has conflict somewhere or another so even all the dumb "slow life" stories usually involve dealing with issues that seek to threaten the living situation. The closest story I can think of to your request would probably be Lady Rose Wants to be a Commoner. She's not the villain, but she succeeds in removing herself from her situation. But, of course, her past is constantly haunting her.

There's another very similar one where the villainous manages to run away and open up a cafe and it seems to be mostly about her befriending handsome animal-people without much conflict created by her past.

I can't remember the name though because honestly it was pretty boring.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Clarste posted:

There's another very similar one where the villainous manages to run away and open up a cafe and it seems to be mostly about her befriending handsome animal-people without much conflict created by her past.

I can't remember the name though because honestly it was pretty boring.

Even that one has her past starting to catch up with her. People realized that her ex-fiancé was full of poo poo so now people want her to come back.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There's people that care about her that are worried about her, but so far she's managed to keep them at bay and continues to (mostly) peacefully run her cafe.

It is really chill though, and it's pretty slow moving, so it could definitely be boring if you want something more.

(It's Milady Just Wants to Relax if anyone's curious.)

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Onean posted:

It is really chill though, and it's pretty slow moving, so it could definitely be boring if you want something more.

That was really good. It's slow but for some reason it hits my wish-fulfillment quota more than most isekai.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Onean posted:

This was really nice, but I wish they didn't give the mercs half-human forms.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nalin posted:

Well, you can have conflict and stories but just not end up being in charge of slaying the dragon or demon king or whatever. I dunno, something adjacent to the main plot. Like, there's a hero and they're forming a party to defeat a dark mage raising armies of undead and our focus is on one woman in the kingdom doing her part to support everyone in holding off the monsters and bandits trying to break in. Or maybe she's a beast tamer. Or she's a werewolf.

I dunno, I agree that you can have conflict but I do kinda wonder about stories where she's successful in not being the main character but gets involved in other stuff.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

amigolupus posted:

This was really nice, but I wish they didn't give the mercs half-human forms.

Certainly them being full on furries is relatively rare and unique, it’s just this and the fantasy about the girl that marries the squirrel demon king that I can think of.

E: which isn’t isekai, but is very cute

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
There is that really dumb and bad one about a naked loli elf. Kuishinbo Elf.

It has a few amazingly good chapters near the beginning where she ends up using her healing magic talent working in a hospital, while there is a massive war against the demon army. The war is lead by summoned hero with actual fighting talent.

Then after the arc is over the story becomes boring and generic quickly.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

“Sexualized child” is the phrase you want, or perhaps “anime pedophile slang”

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
what the gently caress, japan

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
This isn't the thread for creepy, lovely isekai. It's in the loving title of the thread! Knock it off everyone.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
How about a new chapter of the best isekai, Combatants Will Be Dispatched!

Chapter 24

It's cute how Snow tried to be underhanded but she's not at the level of a pro just yet.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
After Being Reborn, I Became the Strongest to Save Everyone is updating again

powerful dad if he just died I'm going to be so mad

e: also I read what's out of this one -- The Servant of the Ultimate Party ~An Old Man Forced to Take a Holiday~
and it's pretty fun so far. A guild employee who is essentially Ignis from FF15 gets sent on a (forced) vacation and along the way meets a rookie who is deeply incompetent and winds up taking her on as a trainee. There's some sort of evil plot afoot and another guy possibly playing both sides, not really enough out at this point to say what's going on there but I'm curious enough about that part to wonder how it will turn out. The male lead is pretty fun, he's got enough of a wacky side to not be completely stodgy. It's been pretty mild on the fanservice and I was relieved that "harem" and "ecchi" were not present in the tags (nor was romance) so I"m hoping this will remain more of a mentor-mentee sort of dynamic even if the girl seems to already have a bit of a crush.
btw it's not isekai just fantasy with rpg mechanics

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 13, 2020

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

The Servant of the Ultimate Party ~An Old Man Forced to Take a Holiday~

I'm loving this trend of having really hot dudes in isekai-likes

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

everythingWasBees posted:

I'm loving this trend of having really hot dudes in isekai-likes

ngl that's mostly the reason I started reading it

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I was on the fence until he put on a onesie

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012
I liked the description of I will Live Freely in Another World with Equipment Manufacturing Cheat posted on a site.

“So tell, me, Author-san”, the Editor started. “My higher-ups are really interested in the light novel you wrote. So let’s start with the basics: what is it about?”

“Oh, that’s easy!” beamed the Author. “Okay, so there’s this ordinary 29-year-old salesman named Touji Akino who, one day, is suddenly brought to another world. However, it turns out that he was a byproduct of a kingdom’s hero summoning ritual and, since the people around him have better skills and levels than he does, he is quickly kicked out of the kingdom. However, he has a unique cheat skill that allows him to look at the status of any object he is touching. Using this power, he resolves to live a slow life and attain a harem of cute girls and mascot characters.”

The Editor blinked twice. “So, what’s the twist?”

“...Twist?”

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ianmacdo posted:

I liked the description of I will Live Freely in Another World with Equipment Manufacturing Cheat posted on a site.

“So tell, me, Author-san”, the Editor started. “My higher-ups are really interested in the light novel you wrote. So let’s start with the basics: what is it about?”

“Oh, that’s easy!” beamed the Author. “Okay, so there’s this ordinary 29-year-old salesman named Touji Akino who, one day, is suddenly brought to another world. However, it turns out that he was a byproduct of a kingdom’s hero summoning ritual and, since the people around him have better skills and levels than he does, he is quickly kicked out of the kingdom. However, he has a unique cheat skill that allows him to look at the status of any object he is touching. Using this power, he resolves to live a slow life and attain a harem of cute girls and mascot characters.”

The Editor blinked twice. “So, what’s the twist?”

“...Twist?”

Well that's refreshingly honest, I guess.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Everyone's favorite Punchsport Princess is back and punching a lot of people.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 17, 2020

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Damnit I came here to post that but you beat me to it, Vincent.

She's literally stacking up the people she's completely thrashed in a giant pile. One guy was punched through the ceiling. Since this is a giant slave auction it's the best possible outcome.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

She’s so happy!

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I'm pretty sure it's the art style in The Stereotypical Life of a Reincarnated Lady but the way they do the main character's eyes really reinforces her internal, constant anxiety about everything.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

khy posted:

Damnit I came here to post that but you beat me to it, Vincent.

She's literally stacking up the people she's completely thrashed in a giant pile. One guy was punched through the ceiling. Since this is a giant slave auction it's the best possible outcome.

Yep, it's everything I hoped and dreamed for. :allears:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I hope Scarlet gets to lead a long and happy life full of punching people.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope Scarlet finds legendary items that give her extra arms so she can punch more slave selling nobles at once.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Yakuza Reincarnation updated.

https://reader.kireicake.com/read/yakuza_reincarnation/en/0/12/page/1

khy
Aug 15, 2005

One of the many things I like about Yakuza Reincarnation is how psycho the demon lord looks. None of this 'human with pointed ears and wings' nonsense, he's a straight up giant evil as hell monster.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really liked the smartphone bit.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

He made the classic mistake of exposing your pinkies to a Yakuza.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Karate Baka goes on a field trip to the Washington Monument. There is no joke here it's straight up the same thing reflection pool and all. I am still disturbed by Wilma's neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i really liked the smartphone bit.

Yeah, that was good.

"Oh, just like a cellphone from my world! ...I never really used one though." Just smashes it.

Do we think that this is a hint that somebody on the Demon's side is a reincarnator too?