Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Made my first gluten free, dairy free pizza on the grill and it came out great.

Will wait for my wife to go out of town and then I’ll try out a regular flour crust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Will wait for my wife to go out of town and then I’ll try out a regular flour crust.

Cursed Image

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Became desirous of the kolaches I used to get at the Czech Stop in West, TX so I took a stab making my own. Hot link in the center, garlic roasted Brussel sprouts on the side.
Both were good, but my kolaches were heavier and denser than I remembered the originals to be.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

What type of “cheese” did you use? Asking for my disagreeable guts.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Weekend lunch is chicken burgers

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

And pizzas for dinner

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

First stab at tsukemen, made curry tsukemen. Trying to make handmade noodles was an exercise in frustration, thank gently caress I had packaged backup. Nailed the tamago though.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Sex Hobbit posted:

What type of “cheese” did you use? Asking for my disagreeable guts.

This was Daiya Vegan Mozzarella. Our favorite is the GoVeggie Mozzarella, but the store was out. As someone who eats regular and vegan cheese, I can tell you they really aren’t bad at all. I used to make a separate pizza for myself, but over the years as we’ve dialed in the right substitutions, I’m totally fine with just eating her stuff.

Not sure what your issues are, but in her case she can usually have any hard, aged cheeses or no lactose cheeses. A lot of the time we’ll just do a pizza with just some pecorino romano, but she understandably misses mozzerella sometimes.

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019
Spam musubi. Not the first time making it, but the first time I've documented the process. Pardon the amateur pics, this is my first time posting here:

Spam slices marinating

Everything cooked and ready to start putting them together

Almost done...

The finished product!

mystes
May 31, 2006

TeachesOfPeaches posted:

Spam musubi. Not the first time making it, but the first time I've documented the process. Pardon the amateur pics, this is my first time posting here:

Spam slices marinating

Almost done...

The finished product!

If you're making them big and square like that and using that much nori anyway, you might want to try making them into little sandwiches onigirazu style with the ends covered by nori as well. They're really easy to make and they're probably easier to eat than giant sushi rolls.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-make-onigirazu-rice-ball-sandwich-step-by-step-2030923

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019
Definitely gonna try that next time, thanks! The nori I have comes in big square sheets that I cut in half before assembling the rolls, so that would both save a step and make them easier to eat towards the end when they just kind of fall apart in your hand.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I made the bon appetit black sesame mochi cake that someone recently linked to:

I really like the consistency of the cake, but I'm not sure I completely like the sesame/caramel icing. I feel like I might like it more with some other flavor or something, but I also made a really intensely flavored cake with marzipan and fondant that I flavored with freeze dried strawberry and stuff a few days ago and that might have broken my taste buds.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

TeachesOfPeaches posted:

Spam slices marinating

Almost done...

The finished product!

What do you marinate the spam in? Curious to do something like this because we've got some seaweed snacks in the house (and rice and spam, but the nori is an oddity for us) though given how small those are I'd probably have to make small pieces.

No pics because I didnt think of it (and my playing and camera skills are awful anyway) but I made some red wine cheese risotto with fresh oregano and basil from the herb garden today. Herbs were more evident in the nose than in the taste but it was still really good. Only stopped having seconds because theres birthday cake in the house and I want dessert.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Veggie heavy lo mein with pork.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Cornstarch heavy Mongolian chicken and sichuan peppercorn heavy green beans. My mouth is still a little numb.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hit me with your Mongolian Chicken recipe.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I randomly started following this place Junzi Kitchen, and the owner posted this awesome looking Honk Kong onion sauce, so I made some with pork chops. I also made some brussel sprouts tossed in what is something between dan dan noodles and mapo sauce. Chili oil, fermented black beans, ya cai, seasame oil, peanuts, etc. Just threw it all under the broil for a bit and it came out great.

I also made a mushroom cheesesteak recently using some vegan cheese

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

Hit me with your Mongolian Chicken recipe.

For the most part, I followed https://thewoksoflife.com/mongolian-chicken/

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Why is there a whole, unshelled egg?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Calcium.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Tiggum posted:

I’m hoping that’s a shelled egg that’s been marinated in soy sauce and mirin

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Tiggum posted:

Something seems deeply unsettling about the light on that egg. It's not right. It is a cursed egg.

... Speaking of eggs...

Dinner today, something really luxurious and special for me and my wife before she's back off to work...

A fusion of Indian flavour and Italian technique... Kedgeree spiced smoked haddock risotto, topped with fried leeks, soft poached duck egg, purple radish leaf, pea shoot and garlic chive to garnish.

The risotto is full of flavour, spiced with turmeric, cumin, saffron, parsley, smoked paprika and mustard, and using the poaching liquid for the fish (infused with leek, bay, peppercorn and mace) to get it really rich and extra creamy.

Really, really happy with this, and went down a real treat for us both.

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019

Quiet Feet posted:

What do you marinate the spam in? Curious to do something like this because we've got some seaweed snacks in the house (and rice and spam, but the nori is an oddity for us) though given how small those are I'd probably have to make small pieces.

1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup each light soy sauce and oyster sauce. It’s pretty forgiving, so anything you have around that you could make a salty-sweet sauce out of would work.

e: Sometimes I add togarashi seasoning which is why there are sesame seeds in the pic. Five spice can be good in it too.

TeachesOfPeaches fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 12, 2020

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Olpainless posted:

Something seems deeply unsettling about the light on that egg. It's not right. It is a cursed egg.

It was marinated after cooking and shelling. The light spots are where the marinade didn't penetrate because the egg was touching the bowl or another egg.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

I’m hoping that’s a shelled egg that’s been marinated in soy sauce and mirin

Karia posted:

It was marinated after cooking and shelling. The light spots are where the marinade didn't penetrate because the egg was touching the bowl or another egg.

Yep.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Barramundi meunière, miso peas, herbed rice.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Schnitzel and potatoes night!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

ogopogo posted:

Schnitzel and potatoes night!

I want this inside me. Now.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

toplitzin posted:

Barramundi meunière, miso peas, herbed rice.

Tell me more about miso peas

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

2c peas
2Tbsp butter
1Tbsp miso of choice (white)

Med/highish, melt butter, add miso, sautee 1m, add peas, toss till hot.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Got some of this stuff over the weekend, had to try it

Not any spicier than Buffalo, but good flavor

Other assorted dinners recently:

Shroomballs in meat sauce over whole wheat spaget

Steak and taters

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Leftover hot chicken bits, the finest sprouts shipped from Brussels, and Korean sweet soy-glazed potatoes,

I'm definitely making some miso peas for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for that idea!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I had a potato.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
gnocchi, mushrooms, garlic, feta, parsley

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Sweet corn and masc ravioli, lacto fermented blueberry infused butter with jalapeno and basil.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

My wife brought home some farm fresh rainbow carrots from work today so I decided to try something a little different.

Sous Vide Salmon with Carrot Top Chimichurri and Pink Peppercorn Glazed Carrot Ribbons

Salmon w/Carrots & Chimichurri by charliebravo77, on Flickr

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

toplitzin posted:

Sweet corn and masc ravioli, lacto fermented blueberry infused butter with jalapeno and basil.

firstly: gently caress you, that looks amazing

charliebravo77 posted:

My wife brought home some farm fresh rainbow carrots from work today so I decided to try something a little different.

Sous Vide Salmon with Carrot Top Chimichurri and Pink Peppercorn Glazed Carrot Ribbons

next, foxtrot uniform charlie kilo yankee oscar uniform you too, buddy

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Pan seared Gnocchi in garlic butter w/ wild mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, roasted pepper puree and beet pickled cauliflower.

Eaten very quickly over a bin because a server hosed up :hfive: Thank you server.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Pesto and Garlic Bread.

I like garlic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
My friend made a joke about dumping a can of chili on a pizza I made so I wanted to show him up

Surprisingly delicious to be honest, just needed a squeeze of lime juice.