Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Anyone making GBS threads on that hasn't had a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

His PS4 and some Portillo's, it would seem.

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Timby posted:

His PS4 and some Portillo's, it would seem.

That's Whataburger. Jones is from Texas.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
My wife gave birth recently, and we were basically on lockdown from the moment she was checked in for induction to when we left. We got a COVID test right away and I wasn’t allowed to leave the room if I wanted back in over the course of 3 days. I can’t blame the guy at all for bringing a system.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

jzilla posted:

That's Whataburger. Jones is from Texas.

Yep. Nice to see the sox hat too.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Wollawolla posted:

My wife gave birth recently, and we were basically on lockdown from the moment she was checked in for induction to when we left. We got a COVID test right away and I wasn’t allowed to leave the room if I wanted back in over the course of 3 days. I can’t blame the guy at all for bringing a system.

Yeah from what I'm guessing it's not for the labor it's for the time after when the baby and GF are asleep and you dont want to watch daytime tv anymore.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JoshMcCown12/status/1280218702307352578

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Whoo the Bears sure dodged a bullet by not having someone locking up $400 million of their salary cap over 10 years.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Wow and the QB pay scale just took a huge jump.

Jordan Love is gonna cost so much now.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Styles Bitchley posted:

Wow and the QB pay scale just took a huge jump.

Jordan Love is gonna cost so much now.

I mean him, and when Andy Dalton gets brought in to compete against him for the starting spot will probably tie up a lot of cap space yeah.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember when people pearl clutched about Stafford's contract? :lol:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

KDdidit posted:

Whoo the Bears sure dodged a bullet by not having someone locking up $400 million of their salary cap over 10 years.

https://twitter.com/GasMoneyBob/status/1280272327243173890?s=19

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

How is there no “83” in that tweet?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

MJeff posted:

Remember when people pearl clutched about Stafford's contract? :lol:

I remember how funny it was that his first dropback after signing that contract was a pick-six. I am rooting hard for this to happen to Mahomes as it would be approximately 3.8 times funnier.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

A 10-year contract seems extremely cursed.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Remember when AP signed a seven year contract? Good times.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

So out of curiosity, how did Suh end up faring after the Lions let him walk, performance wise? I don't remember fairley (?) doing too hot after going to the Rams the same year but I could be wrong. In hindsight would one of them have been worth retaining even if the Lions hadn't poo poo the bed and drafted Donald instead of ebron?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Parallelwoody posted:

So out of curiosity, how did Suh end up faring after the Lions let him walk, performance wise? I don't remember fairley (?) doing too hot after going to the Rams the same year but I could be wrong. In hindsight would one of them have been worth retaining even if the Lions hadn't poo poo the bed and drafted Donald instead of ebron?

Its tought to judge because he went to the Phins who had almost no one around him. Did decent with the Rams, and had a downish year for TB filling in for the departed McCoy.

Hes still a good IDT, but 10 years in the league take your toll.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I still don't understand that draft. You have both your starting DTs leaving. You have a great prospect that falls to you in the draft. You draft one of the only positions you don't actually need, and you need a lot. LIONS BABY

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Cam Newton's Auburn teammate Nick Fairley had a decent year with the Saints and then got a career-ending neck injury, iirc

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

tinstaach posted:

Cam Newton's Auburn teammate Nick Fairley

LOL that was funny as hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpduyaRxgbM

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

OxySnake posted:

I mean him, and when Andy Dalton gets brought in to compete against him for the starting spot will probably tie up a lot of cap space yeah.

Rude.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

One of the more interesting hot takes about the Packers I've read this summer: Rodgers is a poor fit for Davante Adams.

quote:

You have the best receiver in the league for the first 2.5 seconds of every play. Learn to play within structure.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

The turn against Rodgers in GB has been pretty quick I must say.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

OxySnake posted:

Really hoping next year Rodgers gets traded to New England.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bearron Rodgers, imo

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
LaFleur is lava

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I just get my opinions on Rodgers from the NFCN thread, so I'm fully aware he's really bad

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
The general green bay fan population will turn on Rodgers faster than they did Favre since Ridgers is a godless commie and Favre was a good ole country boy.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

PneumonicBook posted:

The general green bay fan population will turn on Rodgers faster than they did Favre since Ridgers is a godless commie and Favre was a good ole country boy.

favre was also legitimately hilarious outside of being a bumpkin, rodgers is just an aloof rear end in a top hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2urfmN8Btw

NFC North: You think God never farted?

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Vikings legend Brett Favre was indeed very cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgEKsbBIdjw

"Let's go Jared!"

*slaps the hell out of his rear end*

"Wooooo!"

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Raku posted:

favre was also legitimately hilarious outside of being a bumpkin, rodgers is just an aloof rear end in a top hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2urfmN8Btw

NFC North: You think God never farted?

I don't think Rodgers is aloof but Favre was the original funslinger

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
about loving time

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1282701980893360131

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

OxySnake posted:

Danica just broke up with him too. Is it all over for Rodgers? Is this the end?

Yes.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Big Beef City posted:

Danica just broke up with him too. Is it all over for Rodgers? Is this the end?

Yes.

Rodgers will turn his life around with the TB12 method

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1284291710013431808?s=19

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

History lesson incoming.

That's wrong for a couple of reasons. In 1920 nobody really paid the fee to join the NFL. Also, Halas didn't own the team in 1920, Augustus E. Staley did. In 1921 Staley gave control of the team to Halas and Dutch Sternaman and gave them 5,000 for keeping the Staley name for a year. When the Great Depression hit it hurt the team and Dutch hard. in 1931 Halas and Sternaman both put sealed bids in to buy out the other. Halas's bid was $38,000, which he had to pay by August 9, 1932. If he didn't make the payment in time Sternaman would own the Bears in full. Halas made the final payment with literal minutes to spare.

$38,000 in 1932 works out to $715,057 in 2020 cash, which is not chump change.

I've been doing a lot of way too much research into old NFL stuff.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

OxySnake posted:

fans in green bay have always been at least somewhat uncomfortable with rodgers, a probably-gay-or-bisexual guy from california who does yoga and drinks kale smoothies and does other strange and mysterious coastal things, in a way that they weren't uncomfortable with favre

-they just were not able to vocalize this during the period when he was clearly one of the 2 best QBs in the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
or even in the subsequent 5 years where his stats were indistinguishable from &E