Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Nah they'd match up quite well, 10 Death Company, 10 Sanguinary, 2 Baal's, 20 intercessors, having 2 captains and 2 chaplains isn't the greatest but you'd get mileage out of everything

The Baal Predators were bad in 8th edition but 9th edition might be okay depending on points? The Captains aren't the right kind for making guided missile Smash Captains but they fill HQ slots well enough.

Everything else is Very Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
I got warned sometime last week that they'd massively cut allocated numbers to stores (and it wasn't like this was massively secret info) which seemed like a pretty good indication that I should not sleep 45 minutes past pre order despite them saying they had massive numbers way back in the mists of time.

poo poo sucks but lmao.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Tommu posted:

I got warned sometime last week that they'd massively cut allocated numbers to stores (and it wasn't like this was massively secret info) which seemed like a pretty good indication that I should not sleep 45 minutes past pre order despite them saying they had massive numbers way back in the mists of time.

poo poo sucks but lmao.

What is this poo poo?

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

Harvey Mantaco posted:

What is this poo poo?

Hows your day going Harvey Mantaco

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Splitting the box with a friend, and now apparently this isn't even the proper starter? Dangit, I bought a second rulebook too!

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I'm really curious when they're going to announce that proper starter. I assume they assumed the two-week preorder period would necessitate not announcing it until next Sunday, so preorders of that wouldn't cannibalize preorders of Indomitus.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Strobe posted:

The Baal Predators were bad in 8th edition but 9th edition might be okay depending on points? The Captains aren't the right kind for making guided missile Smash Captains but they fill HQ slots well enough.

Everything else is Very Good.

Ebay the excess HQ's and buy Mephiston.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Tommu posted:

Hows your day going Harvey Mantaco

It's a slice babe

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Wasn't the app supposed to go live when the pre-orders went up?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Death, taxes, and chapter approved. Looks like it's time to pay the annual subscription fee.

I did miss out on the Indomitus box, like everyone else, but picked up the new rulebook and the points book and such.

Also the Open War cards. I've found the 8th and Sigmar version of those cards to be fun times.

Also: Time for a new thread title?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Wasn't the app supposed to go live when the pre-orders went up?

Yes but it's delayed and the army builder is even more delayed.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

TKIY posted:

Yes but it's delayed and the army builder is even more delayed.

As soon as I saw the app wouldn't have the army builder I felt it was a sign the app development hasn't gone to plan.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Stephenls posted:

I'm really curious when they're going to announce that proper starter.

Did they ever say they were going to release a new starter?

I hope so, because a small part of me is worried we're just going to get First Strike and Know No Fear updated to 9th, kind of like Dark Vengeance in 6th/7th.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Yvonmukluk posted:

Splitting the box with a friend, and now apparently this isn't even the proper starter? Dangit, I bought a second rulebook too!

It has the rulebook and two sides of models. I guess you have to provide your own rulers, dice, and playing surface but what else do you want from a "starter" box.

It is kind of lame that a box with a two week preorder window sold out in less than am hour.

Legendary Ptarmigan fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 12, 2020

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

You thinking you are entitled to demand my 'sources' doesn't mean you are, in fact, owed them. I'm not your mum.

I passed on information I understand to be true, I have no reason to lie about it. That you seem to be assuming I am lying simply because it would mean you are wrong is, frankly, loving weird. While we're talking about you being weird, if someone says something that contradicts you, but does it in a tone you do not like, that does not magically mean that you are correct, you absolute child.

Oh and hey, it's 2020. Dick sucking and autism are not really cool to use as pejoratives.

Stephenls posted:

I'm really curious when they're going to announce that proper starter. I assume they assumed the two-week preorder period would necessitate not announcing it until next Sunday, so preorders of that wouldn't cannibalize preorders of Indomitus.

Maybe next month, maybe held for the big Christmas window. That's my guess anyway.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 11, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

It has the rulebook and two sides of models. I guess you have to provide your own rules, dice, and playing surface but what else do you want from a "starter" box.

They said in the release stream that this was not a starter kit.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

You thinking you are entitled to demand my 'sources' doesn't mean you are, in fact, owed them. I'm not your mum.

:rolleyes:

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Indomitus is a limited run? I thought it _was_ the starter for 9th. I figured missing it was no big deal since they'd show up again on the web store in a week or two.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I've lost track, when are we supposed to get the new point values and how?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

He's already been shown a shop that had an impossibly large stock allocation according to his narrative. It was posted in this thread and people here have been ordering from it. He doesn't believe it exists.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?

Deptfordx posted:

I've lost track, when are we supposed to get the new point values and how?

Chapter Approved comes out on the 25th, same as Indomitus and the core rules. The included Munitorum Field Manual has all the point values for the launch of 9th.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Thanks

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Oh and hey, it's 2020. Dick sucking and autism are not really cool to use as pejoratives.

Yeah not to pile on but 'people who disagree with me must have autism' and 'you suck cock, the most demeaning thing ever' isn't exactly lovely things to read when I'm thinking about coming back into the hobby, especially with this same thread back-slapping about 'you will not be missed' a month ago.

Obviously gaming scenes vary hugely amongst themselves, and people internet tough guy about hams all the time, but is this, like, the expected level of How People Are in the hobby (in London, fwiw, considering getting back into small plastic people once lockdown is properly over)?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Man I wish Primaris could ride in Land Raiders. 10 of the new chainsword boys plus a buff HQ would be perfect for my beloved, but sadly under-utilised, Redeemer.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

goons are never "the expected level" of anything, and even if we were there's still way more cool people who post in this thread than not so the sample size isn't even that damning.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Yeah didn't you hear him? It's unreasonable to ask him to back up anything he says!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

Yeah not to pile on but 'people who disagree with me must have autism' and 'you suck cock, the most demeaning thing ever' isn't exactly lovely things to read when I'm thinking about coming back into the hobby, especially with this same thread back-slapping about 'you will not be missed' a month ago.

Obviously gaming scenes vary hugely amongst themselves, and people internet tough guy about hams all the time, but is this, like, the expected level of How People Are in the hobby (in London, fwiw, considering getting back into small plastic people once lockdown is properly over)?

Honestly, the community on here at least has been pretty good about this sort of stuff historically. I've not been following the thread much lately so maybe with the meta-forums drama there's more poo poo floating to the top at the moment.

As to the hobby as a whole, it's impossible to say really. There is huge variance by location and nationality, but if you're in London I would think you would have a pretty easy time finding a club or shop that isn't infested with twats. By and large we're in a golden age of the hobby rejecting discrimination, and trying to open up to more diverse groups.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah that's the main reason why it's not a good idea to use the forums as a litmus test for the hobby, you might have a bunch of cool-rear end people in your area, you might have worse. Gotta' go out and see for yourself.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It has the rulebook and two sides of models. I guess you have to provide your own rules, dice, and playing surface but what else do you want from a "starter" box.

It is kind of lame that a box with a two week preorder window sold out in less than am hour.

It's more we could have potentially got a second rulebook in that starter box, leaving us with a third we don't need.

Then again, the starter box doesnt usually come with the full rules.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Deptfordx posted:

Man I wish Primaris could ride in Land Raiders. 10 of the new chainsword boys plus a buff HQ would be perfect for my beloved, but sadly under-utilised, Redeemer.

Rhinos I get not "fitting" in, but yeah Primaris not working in the LR or IMO even worse the Blackstar is just rude.

"Guys just lay down for like 10 minutes in this tank we can figure it out"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao primaris can't ride in the land raider? investing in as many Scouts as possible is looking more like a good idea by the day

terminators can ride in a land raider

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Rhinos I get not "fitting" in, but yeah Primaris not working in the LR or IMO even worse the Blackstar is just rude.

"Guys just lay down for like 10 minutes in this tank we can figure it out"

And the Blackstar is such a new kit (and looks cool), too.

:sigh:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

lmao primaris can't ride in the land raider? investing in as many Scouts as possible is looking more like a good idea by the day

terminators can ride in a land raider

It's such an iconic vehicle for 40k as well. That WW1 meets dune aesthetic. I just don't like the floaty hovertanks.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Deptfordx posted:

It's such an iconic vehicle for 40k as well. That WW1 meets dune aesthetic. I just don't like the floaty hovertanks.

Can't play sax on a hovertank, either.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Kitchner posted:

Yeah didn't you hear him? It's unreasonable to ask him to back up anything he says!

Like you handwaving away your claims of being promised that everyone who wanted a copy would be able to get one as "heard it on a stream" then supplying multiple quotes of them explicitly *not* stating that everyone would be able to get a copy, but rather that they made a shitload of copies, which they did?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Deptfordx posted:

yeah that's... weird. I understand why they did it (so they could sell more hovertanks) but I feel like thematically if it wears power armor it should fit in the land raider. That's like the transport vehicle.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, this works fine as a starter but isn't designed to be one, I'd expect the starters to be at a much lower pricepoint, as $200 is a lot for someone just thinking about getting started to drop.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Land raiders are called land raiders because they’re named after the magos Arkhan Land. I really can’t love them as much as I used to after finding that out. It’s just so dumb.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
Where was the announcement about the app being delayed? I only ever saw the one announcement from the community site and the only reference I can find to the delay is from Spikey Bits and I’m not taking their word on anything. Was the official word hidden in a faction update or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Land raiders are called land raiders because they’re named after the magos Arkhan Land. I really can’t love them as much as I used to after finding that out. It’s just so dumb.

Whereas that's one of the best details in the setting for me. I love the goofy, Imperium runs (poorly) on bureaucracy and pageantry, bullshit bits in 40k.