Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Band names apparently operate on almost exactly the same principle as internet usernames.
Lady Ántebellum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Band names apparently operate on almost exactly the same principle as internet usernames.

The same controversial bands keep showing up under new names but play music that sounds suspiciously familiar?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Real Lady Antebellum

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lady A1

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
As long as they don’t go the wrong direction and become Lady AntiBLM.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lady Parabellum

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
Auntie bellum

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Lady AntiMLM

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Brawnfire posted:

The Real Lady Antebellum

I assume the original Lady A is the better act, so the also-rans should be called

Filmation's Lady A

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Edit: I can read posts to ensure the joke hasn’t been made

Regardless: They stink

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'
The ‘Don’t Be Racist’ Action Band, and Dog!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Capntastic posted:

Edit: I can read posts to ensure the joke hasn’t been made

Regardless: They stink
Lady Amorphophallus Titanum

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

Lady Parabellum

Lady Perineum

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Lady BelaLugosi is dead

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Lady Antibellend

:discourse:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Lady Ant*b*llum

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Lady Ankylosaurus

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

imo this is the best joke made ITT re: this topic

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

no one is going to beat this

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'
Eli Whitney Houston

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
The state of U.S. military recruiting. Also apparently recruiters are DMing teenagers on Instagram.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Also there's a recent controversy on whether the US Military E-gaming Team is constitutionally allowed to ban people from their Twitch channel for asking about war crimes.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

The MSJ posted:

Also there's a recent controversy on whether the US Military E-gaming Team is constitutionally allowed to ban people from their Twitch channel for asking about war crimes.

This was a sentence I did not expect to read, now or ever. Twenty twenty y'all

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Wow, that's somehow even worse than I expected.

quote:

Twitch viewers in the Army’s channel are repeatedly presented with an automated chat prompt that says they could win a Xbox Elite Series 2 controller—an enhanced controller with customizable options and extra paddles for advanced play that costs upward of $200—and a link where they can enter the “giveaway.” It, too, directs them to a recruiting form with no additional mention of a contest, odds, total number of winners, or when a drawing will occur.

The Army declined to comment.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/USArmyesports/status/1277959363030810624?s=20

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
law of projection strikes again I guess.

Bush Era terrorism experts : terrorist will use the NDS chat or WOW chats to recuit bombers!

reality : join us and maybe you get a mad cats controller

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdC1PQqdvVI

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

I love that at no point do they explain what this static-charged poo poo is supposed to actually do.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Otana posted:

I love that at no point do they explain what this static-charged poo poo is supposed to actually do.

N95 masks use static charges to catch particles from the air. Though this obviously isn’t going to filter anywhere near as well as an N95.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh I thought this was using marketing psychology against people to get them excited about masks and wearing them or something

USE THE POWER OF LIGHTNING TO RENDER CONTAMINANTS POWERLESS

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

This is what adds in the post-apocalyptic future will look like.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's what ads in the post-apocalyptic present look like

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It would fit in beautifully on a background tv for an edit of robocop or dredd

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/bar-pulls-beer-from-sale-after-customer-claims-bottle-looks-like-a-kkk-hood/

quote:

Bar pulls beer from sale after customer claims bottle looks like a KKK hood

A bar in Connecticut has pulled a beer from its lineup after customers complained that the bottle looked like a Ku Klux Klan hood. According to the beer’s brewer, however, the bottle was actually designed to denounce racism.

In a post that was shared to Facebook on Saturday, a woman explained how her husband, a Black man, was sold the beer with no warning about the design on the bottle.

“This is the $40 bottle of beer that was promoted and presented to my black husband and his white friend tonight at World of Beer. After researching it at home, we discovered that it was ‘created to denounce racism… promote open-mindedness… packaged in paper deliberately to denounce organizations like the KKK,'” the post read.

A beer bottle that looks like a KKK hood? Come on, this is probably just some oversensitive misinterpretation, nobody would make a beer bottle that looks like a KKK hood.

Oh.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Elviscat posted:

This is what adds in the post-apocalyptic future will look like.

I don’t know if you noticed, but that’s real. I saw it on TV last night.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Phanatic posted:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/bar-pulls-beer-from-sale-after-customer-claims-bottle-looks-like-a-kkk-hood/

A beer bottle that looks like a KKK hood? Come on, this is probably just some oversensitive misinterpretation, nobody would make a beer bottle that looks like a KKK hood.

Oh.

I get what they were going for, but that is some next level stupid. They either would have had to make the paper yellow or given it a way more insulting name like "Stupid loving Cowards" or something. As is it's too on the nose and not mean enough.

Or, they could have not made a bottle of beer look like a Klan mask.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Who the hell wants to spend 40 bucks on a beer to call racists cowards? This is such a lovely idea. The epitome of capitalism, charging for anti-racism.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Garrand posted:

Who the hell wants to spend 40 bucks on a beer

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Garrand posted:

Who the hell wants to spend 40 bucks on a beer to call racists cowards? This is such a lovely idea. The epitome of capitalism, charging for anti-racism.

Should have probably charged $60. People will pay $60 to say they fought racism.

Ewww, it's from Sweden? Swedish beer? No thank you.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Jul 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ah if it's Swedish that explains the price