Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

3D Megadoodoo posted:

He would've won in a modern democracy with a multi-party system.

So yeah he was never going to even win the nomination and it's really weird that people thought he might, let alone would.

If it was a multi party system there would already be a progressive/social democratic party infrastructure (ie. what's essentially consolidated into the congressional progressive caucus) in place so yea he could've won then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

GalacticAcid posted:

I don’t remember this part

Yeah, Bernie was banking on the DNC being as ineffectual as the RNC was in 2016, and they weren't.

The "funny" politics poo poo i remember was a few weeks after Super Tuesday when there were multiple reports of bad blood inside the Bernie campaign between Nina Turner and others because campaign leadership apparently had zero plans on how to win over black dem voters specifically. Which yeah, in hindsight, seems a bit obvious.

Looking forward to hopefully getting a chance to vote Turner in 2024. Either in the primary, or the general.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
That old man who was dying and said, "drat, I won't get to read the Mueller report."

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Animal-Mother posted:

That old man who was dying and said, "drat, I won't get to read the Mueller report."

Dying as he libbed

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ikanreed posted:

Dying as he libbed

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

uber_stoat posted:

his nomme de posting was "Psychedelic Warlord."

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

ikanreed posted:

Dying as he libbed

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

ikanreed posted:

Dying as he libbed

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Klob waiting juuuuust until Pete dropped out to do so herself because she hated his guts

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

In honour of Farage becoming a Fox analcyst, yes you heard me right - see note, I present this.

note:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
lol I have what I consider a good friend who was early in on Butt and like I'll have him over for BBQ but will never in my life understand him being a paid campaigner

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Dying as he libbed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Something that read to the effect of (paraphrasing): The soviet union turned thousands of women from prostitutes to doctors, scientists and engineers

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S02BHmWPZNs

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

Something that read to the effect of (paraphrasing): The soviet union turned thousands of women from prostitutes to doctors, scientists and engineers

They get more bang for their buck now.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Yeah, Bernie was banking on the DNC being as ineffectual as the RNC was in 2016, and they weren't.

The "funny" politics poo poo i remember was a few weeks after Super Tuesday when there were multiple reports of bad blood inside the Bernie campaign between Nina Turner and others because campaign leadership apparently had zero plans on how to win over black dem voters specifically. Which yeah, in hindsight, seems a bit obvious.

Looking forward to hopefully getting a chance to vote Turner in 2024. Either in the primary, or the general.

cant wait for Bernie's 2024 campaign

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cockblocktopus posted:

cant wait for marrianne's 2024 campaign

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

girlfriend, you are so on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

The Economist:

quote:

Science is still a man’s world. Since 1903, when Marie Curie first won the Nobel Prize, almost 600 blokes but only 19 women have taken home the coveted award in physics, chemistry or medicine. In the realms of more ordinary talent, just 28% of the world’s researchers are women. Even in the eu, where the sexes are more equal than in other parts of the world, a mere two-fifths of scientists and engineers are women. In Germany and Finland, it is less than one in three.

Eastern Europe bucks the global trend, according to a recent report from Leiden University in the Netherlands. In Lithuania, 57% of scientists and engineers are women. Bulgaria and Latvia follow close behind, at 52%. Universities in Poland and Serbia were ranked among the best in the world for sexual equality in research publications. South-east Europe is roughly at parity: 49% of scientific researchers in the region are women. Some of this is a legacy of Soviet times, when communist regimes pressed both men and women into scientific careers and did not always give them a choice about it. The coercion has gone, but the habit of women working in labs has remained.

https://www.economist.com/europe/2019/07/18/why-half-the-scientists-in-some-eastern-european-countries-are-women

Those dastardly Soviets, coercing women into... becoming highly-educated successful scientists!

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
hillary clinton's bottle of hot sauce

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Stunning Honky posted:

it was surreal watching people just not believe it. standard rich person bullshit like mitt romney's birthday cakes and you had takes like "she's lying to be more relatable", loving what?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Looking forward to all the "Did I mention I knew Turner couldn't win? :smug:" in C-Spam 2024.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Ruffian Price posted:

it was surreal watching people just not believe it. standard rich person bullshit like mitt romney's birthday cakes and you had takes like "she's lying to be more relatable", loving what?

it seemed to me the least calculated thing of the campaign. there was probably a flask of potato vodka in there too but you can't just spout that out

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Stunning Honky posted:

One day I'm going to make a database of failed "I swear I'm relatable to you" attempts, they're the best.

• Mark Zuckerburg talks to farmers while strategically standing closer to the camera
  • Paul Ryan and family crashes food kitchen, ruins everything
  • Every primary candidate at the Iowa State Fair
  • Ted Cruz buys 100 cans of soup in one trip following his honeymoon

DMCrimson has issued a correction as of 17:00 on Jul 12, 2020

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Obama pretending to drink tap water

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Dying as he libbed

legit laughing fit over here

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It was emergency adrenochrome disguised as hot sauce.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

DMCrimson posted:

One day I'm going to make a database of failed "I swear I'm relatable to you" attempts, they're the best.

• Mark Zuckerburg talks to farmers while strategically standing closer to the camera

mitt romney hot dog quote

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DMCrimson posted:

Mark Zuckerberg making and enthusiastically chomping away on dry toast

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
smokin these meats

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

DMCrimson posted:

Ted Cruz is p much the most authentic politician, he probably still buys 100 cans of soup

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Ted Cruz kissing a man and punching his wife

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
ted cruz phone banking for trump

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i hate that i never got a phone call, and never will, from ted cruz. i would have that dude as long as i possibly could hemming and hawing about voting for trump

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

ted cruz has been ted cruz his entire life yet thought he should/could be president before he graduated high school

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Ted Cruz's tonsil stone that multiple goons then set as their av

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Mark Zuckerberg running to show how human he is but the photo shows him airborne so you don't realize what a tiny gremlin he is.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
ted cruz is gonna run for prez my entire goddamn life isnt he

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Obama was president lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016