Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
KF1 and 2 are in my top 5 games for hours played on Steam. Pushing at least 300. I haven't even played in like 2 years.

It is super fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Vane just landed in the Twitch Prime hole.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Broken Age and the remastered versions of Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango are free on the Mac App Store this weekend to celebrate the games being updated for compatibility with MacOS Catalina.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Kins posted:

Broken Age and the remastered versions of Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango are free on the Mac App Store this weekend to celebrate the games being updated for compatibility with MacOS Catalina.

Don't personally have a mac, but no one sleep on this if you have any interest adventure games. Or cartoons, or a small child who likes cartoons.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The action sequences in Full Throttle were clunky to control even when it was new, but it's still an excellent game

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

FFT posted:

The action sequences in Full Throttle were clunky to control even when it was new, but it's still an excellent game

The remaster lets you skip the action scenes with a single button press if you want, and thank gently caress.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Even the original would let you skip the destruction derby part by pressing.. Something inane like Enter?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

For Watch Dogs 2, it is a 2 hour window. BUT, it seems you don't have to click any buttons to get it. Just have the stream running on a logged in account or on a linked twitch account.

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/faqs/55660

Join us for Ubisoft Forward on 12 July 2020, between 18:30 UTC and 20:30 UTC, to claim your free copy of Watch Dogs 2!

If you are joining us on our official website or through Uplay, make sure you log into the Ubisoft account you would like to receive the game on.
If you are joining us on Twitch, make sure your accounts are set up to receive Twitch Drops.

Your free copy will be delivered the day after the event, on 13 July 2020.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: TODAY IS THE DAY TO GET WATCHDOGS 2 FOR FREE BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 2:30PM and 4:30PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME! :siren:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidt...-what-time/amp/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
gently caress Ubisoft

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
How dare they give away a usually paid product for free!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I didn't have to pay a cent for this post and yet I can still confidently and correctly say that it is terrible.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Not been following recent events, or...?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
It’s actually eastern daylight time

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I linked up my twitch and ubi accounts and I’m just gonna refresh that twitch page and bounce

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Not been following recent events, or...?

Literally just saw the news.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Link for folks like me who are wondering what people are talking about

Ars Technica posted:

Longtime CCO Serge Hascoet, described by Bloomberg game industry reporter Jason Schreier as Ubisoft's "most powerful creative force" and "the man in charge of ALL of their games," is leaving the company effective immediately, Schreier confirmed. Ubisoft's global HR chief Cecile Cornet and Ubisoft Canada's managing director Yannis Mallat also announced their intentions to "step down" from their current roles, and while Mallat is leaving the company altogether, Cornet's future with Ubisoft is not yet clear.

The news follows the resignation of Ubisoft Toronto co-founder Maxime Beland on July 3, which came in response to a Kotaku investigation that was set off, in part, by an internal allegation of abusive workplace behavior by Beland.

The "abusive workplace behavior" is serial sexual harassment, physical abuse, and creating a working environment rife with sexism and normalization of harassment.

E: Not meant to start a discussion here - there's other threads for that!

Stickman fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 12, 2020

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Welp, good to see the Ubisoft website is hosed. Everytime I log in it refreshes the page and I'm still not logged in. Hope the twitch integration isn't hosed as well.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

FanaticalMilk posted:

Welp, good to see the Ubisoft website is hosed. Everytime I log in it refreshes the page and I'm still not logged in. Hope the twitch integration isn't hosed as well.

same

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Their free games page is some broken rear end bare HTML looking thing with a scrollbar across the middle of the window and images that half load and disappear when you scroll. And that's when there isn't even a free game available! Not too surprised to hear they're collapsing under a big multimedia event giveaway

the stream thing says you only need to watch 1 minute to get the Watches Dog reward, although you can stick around for... a DLC jacket? So yeah it might get a bit quieter once people start dropping off (unless the reward doesn't visibly trigger, I mean that's probably not gonna happen right??)

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

baka kaba posted:

Their free games page is some broken rear end bare HTML looking thing with a scrollbar across the middle of the window and images that half load and disappear when you scroll. And that's when there isn't even a free game available! Not too surprised to hear they're collapsing under a big multimedia event giveaway

the stream thing says you only need to watch 1 minute to get the Watches Dog reward, although you can stick around for... a DLC jacket? So yeah it might get a bit quieter once people start dropping off (unless the reward doesn't visibly trigger, I mean that's probably not gonna happen right??)

They said that you'll only get watchdogs 2 the next day.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
so wait, do i have to login via the website or can i just boot up the uplay app that assassins creed forced me to install

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Well big surprise, their login servers are hosed right now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m beginning to think I don’t want watchdogs 2 this badly.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

site posted:

so wait, do i have to login via the website or can i just boot up the uplay app that assassins creed forced me to install

Earlier on clicking on the tab in Uplay just linked me to the website.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

IShallRiseAgain posted:

They said that you'll only get watchdogs 2 the next day.

nah I mean there's a chat panel and a rewards panel, I thought each reward might light up as you watch the required amount of minutes but looking now it just looks like one low res image instead (dunno if it was before, I'd probably have noticed but who knows!)

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

site posted:

I logged into the Uplay app for the first time in about a year, clicked to watch and it's opened the stream in a browser window via Youtube.

There's a banner at the side saying 'Log in and watch the show to get these rewards!'

1 min - Watchdogs 2 PC
20 mins - Watchdogs 2 DLC jacket
30 mins - Division 2 Apparel Cache Key Pack
40 mins - Assassin's Creed Valhalla Moonlight axe

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

baka kaba posted:

the stream thing says you only need to watch 1 minute to get the Watches Dog reward, although you can stick around for... a DLC jacket?

40 minutes for a sweet battle axe!

(JK, no battle axes since nobody can get logged in.)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah i tried logging into both the app and the website and its not working on either right now soooooo, guess we'll see how long my patience lasts

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

site posted:

you can go here
https://www.ubisoft.com/
and there's a stream, and you can login at the top right

but every section of their website acts like its own thing with its own login like they're subsidiaries of some megacorp or something

right now the stream has soldier vomiting huge streams of blood and the blood is filling up the ground? :ok:

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

baka kaba posted:

right now the stream has soldier vomiting huge streams of blood and the blood is filling up the ground? :ok:

Apparently it was a tv series about a fictional game that they decided to turn into a real game or something. I'm starting to think Watch Dogs 2 is not worth this poo poo.

e: now talking to rubber ducks?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

baka kaba posted:

you can go here
https://www.ubisoft.com/
and there's a stream, and you can login at the top right

but every section of their website acts like its own thing with its own login like they're subsidiaries of some megacorp or something

thats the website im currently trying and failing to log in to

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

site posted:

yeah i tried logging into both the app and the website and its not working on either right now soooooo, guess we'll see how long my patience lasts

Same here, was literally no chance this was ever going to go smoothly

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Shockingly something Ubisoft related is a big mess

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

nothing's working so lets hope the twitch uplay api works

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I won't be surprised if they end up going "oops, servers crashed and burned! guess we'll make it free for 48 hours instead".

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Welp, I was logged in before hand, refreshed after it started and now I'm logged out, here's hoping it counted.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

"so now you know, be on the look out for ducks and bears next time you boot up The Division 2"
*dude on the left forcing enthusiasm* mmm!

Slavik
May 10, 2009

ZombieApostate posted:

Welp, I was logged in before hand, refreshed after it started and now I'm logged out, here's hoping it counted.

Exactly the same here, oh well. Probably end up free afterwards like people have said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Keep in mind folks that Watch _ Dogs 2 Probably sucks just as much as every other godless Ubisoft game and you're better off not debasing yourself for or wasting any of your time on this putrid company's promotional aspirations.

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 12, 2020