Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I think that lady is saying you can't just approach big loving crime networks that are actually doing poo poo like this directly like this because they are broad, decentralized and very rich.

You have to look at what can be effectively done, not just pipe dreams. Like even if you get hard proof, these people are so powerful they can buy government officials and rewrite laws to protect their activities.

And I think it's pretty loving clear to see what needs to be done about pedophiles AND billionaires but they effectively own the surveillance apparatus of the world, so it will take some serious direct action by organized groups of hardcore dudes with beards and Oakley's than internet posters stringing yarn around cork boards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

Atrocious Joe posted:

maybe the democratic primary is controlled, but the last 6 months has pretty firmly demonstrated that there's no firm center controlling US policy internally or externally.

Only if you're not a completely amoral psychopath, but that's my point. From the point of view of any state or non-state actors with genuine power and any shot of changing the balance of power, it's half flex, half veiled threat. I read it primarily aimed at the EU/UK.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Conspiracy theorists have hitherto only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Conspiracy theorists have hitherto only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it.

its tough without vigilantism, coach

i dont want to get personal but its just a very tough ask, even on the small scale

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Wasabi the J posted:

they effectively own the surveillance apparatus of the world, so it will take some serious direct action by organized groups
Cointelpro has teached us that any kind of organized opposition will be infiltrated and destroyed from within. A more decentralized approach would be more effective. One where the only thing tying people to direct action is ideology (kill the pedos)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Now I never said "kill".

Also I forgot this little site:

https://botsentinel.com/trending-topics/top-hashtags

Top 20 two word phrases tweeted by inauthentic accounts. posted:

WORDS TWEETS
1 PRESIDENT TRUMP 379
2 ROGER STONE 246
3 FAKE NEWS 209
4 GOD BLESS 207
5 LIVES MATTER 157
6 DE LA 143
7 JOE BIDEN 131
8 CONTINUAR FORA 100
9 PODE CONTINUAR 100
10 BOLSONARO AMP 100
11 FASCISMO GENOCIDA 100
12 FORA BOLSONARO 100
13 BLACK LIVES 95
14 GOOD MORNING 86
15 BOOK REVIEW 80
16 GOYA PRODUCTS 69
17 BUY GOYA 64

18 MITT ROMNEY 61
19 ST LOUIS 48
20 TRUMP LIKING 44

https://botsentinel.com/trending-topics/top-two-word-phrases

Top 20 two word phrases tweeted by inauthentic accounts. posted:

HASHTAGS TWEETS
1 #WWG1WGA 335
2 #QANON 220
3 #OBAMAGATE 216
4 #BUYGOYA 215
5 #TRUMP2020 206
6 #MAGA 134
7 #DERRETEMBL 112
8 #PTSALVEOBRASIL 100
9 #WAYFAIR 81
10 #TAKETHEOATH 69
11 #ISIS 68
12 #MAGA2020 65
13 #THEMOREYOUKNOW 65
14 #TARGETS 60
15 #OPICEISIS 60
16 #ICEISIS 60
17 #UNITEDNOTDIVIDED 58
18 #BOLSONAROTEMRAÇÃO 55
19 #GADODECIDER 55
20 #FUTBOLXFOX 53

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The idea that a decentralized opposition movement can topple a state and usher in a future of more freedom and less corruption is literal State Department propaganda.

Gene Sharp gets identified as a leading figure of non-violent thought, but I think a lot of the ideas about decentralized resistance also rely upon his writings too. The man was literally paid to write his political works by the US State Department, and it's been deployed overseas to destroy governments that oppose the US. A lot of these groups get identified as "non-violent" in the US, but in reality there often is violent and even armed element. Like, Sharp gets brought up as an inspiration for stuff like the Euromaidan protests in Ukraine, the Arab Spring, and reactionary protests in Venezuela, and all of those contained both peaceful protest and armed struggle against the state. The reason these movements get pitched as "leaderless" is because the real funders and decision makers in DC, Brussels, and the Gulf states don't want to be identified. When these "revolutions" succeed, its almost always the working class that loses the most.

This first article really gets into how Sharp was funded by the US government and how his theories were utilized around the world in the service of the US empire.
https://nonsite.org/article/change-agent-gene-sharps-neoliberal-nonviolence-part-one

This second one get's more into critiquing the idea of non-violence, so isn't as directly applicable. The first few paragraphs summarize the previous article though so if don't want to read it all just check out the beginning of this.
https://nonsite.org/feature/change-agent-gene-sharps-neoliberal-nonviolence-part-two

If you want writing about why individual terrorism against class enemies is a bad idea, I'd have to dig up some stuff by the Bolsheviks. Also, because it's banned by the mods.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

aw ya that's the stuff

e: and let me overlook that these trends are probably caused by bots that just crunch up popular tweets by trump earlier

nut has issued a correction as of 02:42 on Jul 12, 2020

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Atrocious Joe posted:

If you want writing about why individual terrorism against class enemies is a bad idea,

quote:

Do you know why we are unsuccessful in asymmetrical and guerrilla warfare in CENTCOM theatre of operations? I’ll tell you. It’s not the inefficiency of our combatant commanders, planning, readiness or training of troops. Much like the Vietnam war, ACM, AAF, foreign fighters, Jihadist, and JAM have nothing to lose. They embrace death as it is a way of life. I simply don’t fear it. I am the walking exigent circumstance you created.

The Violence of action will be HIGH. I am the reason TAC alert was established. I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty. ISR is my strength and your weakness. You will now live the life of the prey. Your RD’s and homes away from work will be my AO and battle space. I will utilize every tool within INT collections that I learned from NMITC in Dam Neck. You have misjudged a sleeping giant. There is no conventional threat assessment for me. JAM, New Ba’ath party, 1920 rev BGE, ACM, AAF, AQAP, AQIM and AQIZ have nothing on me. Do not deploy airships or gunships. SA-7 Manpads will be waiting. As you know I also own Barrett .50′s so your APC are defunct and futile.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Perry Mason Jar posted:

The US Embassy in Beijing's sitreps regarding Tianenmen Square, available on Wikileaks, give a really good account of what happened. They don't describe the same scene US media does today.

hmm

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/89BEIJING14102_a.html

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/89BEIJING15407_a.html

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/89BEIJING15411_a.html

these actually describe a series of events fairly similar to the current Cool Zone. large protests, state asserts outside agitators, sends in heavy duty forces w riot equipment.

there's no reports of open fire into the crowd, but there's several reports of people getting killed by military vehicles. all labeled "unconfirmed" though.

there's no relevant cables from after the day the military got sent in. I guess they weren't all in the leaks?

e:

Atrocious Joe posted:

If you want writing about why individual terrorism against class enemies is a bad idea, I'd have to dig up some stuff by the Bolsheviks. Also, because it's banned by the mods.

Max Abram's recent book Rules for Rebels, which is a quantitative study of rebel movements across history, basically came to the conclusion that violence against civilians is hugely detrimental to rebel movements' "success" (defined as, getting concessions from or overthrowing the regime.) But violence against regime targets isn't harmful, as long as rebel movements can make it clear that's what they're doing. (iirc, I haven't read the book in a while.)

that level of narrative control is impossible for a lone wolf

animist has issued a correction as of 03:31 on Jul 12, 2020

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

nut posted:

looking at AOC’s husband and saying ya she’s like us

They aren't married and also just say what the problem is with him

like I'm legit OOTL is he secretly a libertarian or something I know nothing about the beardy techbro who lives out Ben Shapiro's fantasy best life

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wasabi the J posted:

And I think it's pretty loving clear to see what needs to be done about pedophiles AND billionaires but they effectively own the surveillance apparatus of the world, so it will take some serious direct action by organized groups of hardcore dudes with beards and Oakley's than internet posters stringing yarn around cork boards.

lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
wait... is the thread title true??

:ohdear:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

neutral milf hotel posted:

Nah, you actually get put on the list if you post on the forums anywhere.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Atrocious Joe posted:

If you want writing about why individual terrorism against class enemies is a bad idea, I'd have to dig up some stuff by the Bolsheviks.

Please do

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
dorner was somewhat wrong about that, the iraqi insurgents -- the shia ones -- were successful because they were armed wings of organized political parties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiGkPAzp8Dw

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 10:58 on Jul 12, 2020

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

neutral milf hotel posted:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

dorner was somewhat wrong about that, the iraqi insurgents -- the shia ones -- were successful because they were armed wings of organized political parties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiGkPAzp8Dw

He's saying the spirit of the fighter wins the insurgent war, not skill or equipment. He also lists the Mahdi army in his screed there so idk what you're getting at because he's correct

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

It's pretty much this. I can't find it but IIRC there's some wonk's analysis out there about how terrorism works* (but usually fails disastrously) and when it works it's only when they're *1. armed wings of an organized political movement and *2. Highly disciplined - restraint achieves goals more effectively than going for the highest body count or causing the most disruption. Lone wolf poo poo is absolutely a useless & often counterproductive fizzer when it comes to terrorism in pursuit of a goal.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

The Sausages posted:

They aren't married and also just say what the problem is with him

like I'm legit OOTL is he secretly a libertarian or something I know nothing about the beardy techbro who lives out Ben Shapiro's fantasy best life

whoah, I just meant that he's a neckbeard and his appearance got him so owned by public opinion after, i think, the aoc netflix doc, that he had to have a makeover. A goon

e: about AOC herself, it's tough to know much outside of the money links posted earlier in the thread. I always thought there was a pretty open casting call, audition, and grooming process by the justice democrats that selected her, but I don't think that has to mean much and is probably pretty standard for any smaller movement looking for new candidates.

nut has issued a correction as of 12:25 on Jul 12, 2020

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

The Sausages posted:

Ben Shapiro's fantasy best life
Knee high by the fourth of July! :peanut:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

lmao i looked him up and he’s a social media consultant

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Chris Dorner: Not always right, but never wrong

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

nut posted:

whoah, I just meant that he's a neckbeard and his appearance got him so owned by public opinion after, i think, the aoc netflix doc, that he had to have a makeover. A goon

e: about AOC herself, it's tough to know much outside of the money links posted earlier in the thread. I always thought there was a pretty open casting call, audition, and grooming process by the justice democrats that selected her, but I don't think that has to mean much and is probably pretty standard for any smaller movement looking for new candidates.

cheers lol didn't hear about that

back in my goony single years my housemates got me a makeover of sorts, something like that should be mandatory every 5 years for people of all genders, colors, creeds and relationship status, or at least do it every time your driver's license needs a new photo. Even if it's just like "woah now here's your money back I can't mess with fuckin perfection" but be honest that ain't you or me, there's people out there whose business and life goal coincide in giving you your best appearance even if you're not a soulless influencer or corporate-owned husk.

The Sausages has issued a correction as of 14:28 on Jul 12, 2020

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

okay but what about this: means tested makeovers

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

inferis posted:

okay but what about this: means tested makeovers

If you like your face, you can keep it

nut
Jul 30, 2019

it’s pretty funny that if you search for who he is the first couple pages of google results are bizarre puff pieces that just say he is a supportive bf

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

so when are we gonna find out his parents work for blackwater or something

e: oh I guess he was a speechwriter for the obama administration

https://www.capitolstandard.com/speechwriter-to-eric-holder/

inferis has issued a correction as of 16:23 on Jul 12, 2020

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://twitter.com/JucheVert/status/1282333144927145985?s=20

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

"Yes, the cabinet that costs the same as a recreational vehicle. That one."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

very good sunday reading while we wait for the limited hangout: this prophetic essay on how the medium of the internet naturally lends itself to the message of the red-yarn wall, and this semi-companion piece on how the effect is magnified on leaked datasets.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

And then further magnified by the fact that this loving bullshit conspiracy has been going on for over 2000 years at least.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Sickoh/status/1282035756672774144?s=20

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I just love all these psyops detracting from and making light of the actual cabal of child rapists running the world for their exclusive benefit at the detriment of literally the entire planet and all living things on it.

"Psy" here is short for psychotic, not psychological.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

My go-to joke about overpriced poo poo used to be "Does it come with a free vcr?" and i admit it's nice to have an updated version

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

Cointelpro has teached us that any kind of organized opposition will be infiltrated and destroyed from within. A more decentralized approach would be more effective. One where the only thing tying people to direct action is ideology (kill the pedos)
all the sadbrains that might take direct action think that billionaires do their child sex trafficking in the basements of retail pizza parlors

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Holy poo poo I forgot Kevin Spacey is in that photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Delta-Wye posted:

The camera man does NOT do a good job capturing it, but at the last minute and a half of this stream, you can see the cops pulling at least a couple people out of the house with their heads covered.

https://www.facebook.com/ArmyPrince414/videos/4513791338638380/

Certainly this is the most interesting part right? Who are those people? What is going on? So I look for some articles...

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...rts/3246406001/
https://fox6now.com/2020/06/23/milwaukee-police-investigate-missing-persons-reports-for-2-girls-ages-15-and-13/
https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2020/06/23/suspected-sex-trafficking-house-burned/
https://www.wisn.com/article/dozens-at-scene-as-police-search-for-missing-teen-girls/32949485

Not a single mention of anyone being removed from the house to be found in any of the articles I found in a cursory google search :tinfoil:

this is still freaking me the hell out

Organic Lube User posted:

"Yes, the cabinet that costs the same as a recreational vehicle. That one."

best av on the forums