Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I thought about that, but you’d have to make ports for two more pairs of arms. The price of the Captain Universe figure would fly through the roof too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Open Marriage Night posted:

I thought about that, but you’d have to make ports for two more pairs of arms. The price of the Captain Universe figure would fly through the roof too.

Well since the head is removable I was thinking the extra arms would be on an extra part that just fits on top of the neck and shoulders, also to save money these extra arms would only have minimal articulation

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Aphrodite posted:

I feel like if stretch goal 1 is already the Master Mold sculpt, the others can't be lame things like a second tentacle.

I'm predicting second tentacle and one or two energy blasts for the hands as the second stretch.

Third I have no clue other than the possibility of being able to like pull the arms off and have damaged stumps or something. Or yeah, the Master Mold chair, though I think at that size, it's unlikely.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Well since the head is removable I was thinking the extra arms would be on an extra part that just fits on top of the neck and shoulders, also to save money these extra arms would only have minimal articulation

I’m curious about how the heads work with the LEDs. If they’re swappable like normal figures you’d have to have exposed contacts on both sides and that’s never a good idea, those don’t last.

Possibly they’re more like helmets for a longer neck stalk with the LEDs on it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

I’m curious about how the heads work with the LEDs. If they’re swappable like normal figures you’d have to have exposed contacts on both sides and that’s never a good idea, those don’t last.

Possibly they’re more like helmets for a longer neck stalk with the LEDs on it.

I'm hoping for the latter or just having a pin connector built into the neck so the head just plugs straight in.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I mean with how big the heads are, couldn't they have their own separate batteries for their LED's?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The page just says it uses 2 AAs.

Plus on the stream both the chest and head turned on from the same switch.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Either the Master Mold head is an overlay or it's removable at the neck, with the latter likely being an LED light pipe of some sort that shines the light from the chest upward, meaning there are no contacts or batteries in the head. Best example I can think of are the LEDs on the Nintendo Switch's joycons when you connect them to the grip and they shine via plastic/mirrors to the front of the controller.

Personally I'm hoping for a separate Master Mold head to put it on a table or display of sorts.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Personally I'm hoping for a separate Master Mold head to put it on a table or display of sorts.

Same, if only to mimic when only his head was left and floating around on a platform like in the cartoon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It'll be too bad if the main head isn't detachable too since that's a good prop for Wolverine and/or Colossus.

It's now at 7900+ so we should see unlock 2 soon.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 12, 2020

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Tier 2

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bothered to grab the gigantic webp so may as well post it.

It definitely looks like a long neck the head pieces fit over from this one. The eye seems to be pretty deep.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
I'm half tempted to contribute just because I want to see all the unlocks they have planned for this beast.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

This all makes me sad that Unicron barely made it. I'd have loved to have seen what stretch goals they had for him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if they expected anything close to this many this fast.

On IG they hinted at more tiers.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder if they expected anything close to this many this fast.

On IG they hinted at more tiers.

Dude I was just having this discussion with the SO about how $350 seems REALLY high for the figure and I wouldn't be surprised if all the added bonuses were pre-baked into the pricing... I already called battle damaged head and extra hands to her privately.. but what'll really make me bite is an extra figure that I could resell to recoup some of the cost associated with this monstrosity. Hearing there may be additional tiers makes me REALLY hopefully we'll get a Patch Logan or some kinda Days of Future Past gear. Slain Wall? Pile of mutants display base? Rocket thruster parts? I dunno.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Jet Ready Go posted:

Dude I was just having this discussion with the SO about how $350 seems REALLY high for the figure and I wouldn't be surprised if all the added bonuses were pre-baked into the pricing... I already called battle damaged head and extra hands to her privately.. but what'll really make me bite is an extra figure that I could resell to recoup some of the cost associated with this monstrosity. Hearing there may be additional tiers makes me REALLY hopefully we'll get a Patch Logan or some kinda Days of Future Past gear. Slain Wall? Pile of mutants display base? Rocket thruster parts? I dunno.

A Juston Seyfert figure.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Gripweed posted:

A Juston Seyfert figure.

Yeah I was thinking this too

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m so glad I’m an extremely casual X-Men fan because that $350 price point is just reasonable enough (maybe a tad high) for something like this to be tempting. I’m hoping HasLab does more mid-tier cost $100-$350 stuff like this instead of insane poo poo like the Sail Barge.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m so glad I’m an extremely casual X-Men fan because that $350 price point is just reasonable enough (maybe a tad high) for something like this to be tempting. I’m hoping HasLab does more mid-tier cost $100-$350 stuff like this instead of insane poo poo like the Sail Barge.

Agreed, especially for Black Series.

I would totally drop 200 on an X-Wing with swappable Dagobah garbage or like 150 for a good A-Wing or Vader's TIE.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Fuzz posted:

I would totally drop 200 on an X-Wing with swappable Dagobah garbage or like 150 for a good A-Wing or Vader's TIE.

I got the Snowspeeder today and it’s loving great but it’s right on the edge of being too big to properly display. I had the FO TIE Fighter just sitting on the floor for years because it was so fuckoff huge. I think a HasLab project for Star Wars either has to be more TVC-scale stuff or diorama pieces for TBS.

That said, I would absolutely contradict what I just said and fund a TBS-scale Rancor or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

They’ve done black series ships though, and they usually sell like poo poo and annoy the stores devoting so much inventory space to them.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Make Star Wars Small Again

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well it also helps that Legends is probably the biggest figure property out there right now and the Sentinel in proper scale has always been a major want. You also likely have many whales that have ordered 2-5 as well.

Hell if I had the money I’d get at least one extra to hold on to since you know it will be expensive on the secondary market.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I bought a Marvel Legends Nightcrawler last year as the only non Transformers toy I’ve bought as an adult, but I’m seriously considering going all in on this Sentinel, along with Archangel, and whoever else is affordable.

HoX/PoX really renewed my love for X-Men, and I’m also currently working my way through Claremont’s run, so this is the perfect time to make poor financial decisions.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

They’ve done black series ships though, and they usually sell like poo poo and annoy the stores devoting so much inventory space to them.

I mean, that's the whole point of it going through HasLab?

That said, gimme a 1/12 Blackbird in an X-Men cartoon inspired style, you cowards!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

I mean, that's the whole point of it going through HasLab?

Nobody wanted them already with wide availability though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Some people did. Not everyone though. Hence why it’s being offered in a kickstarter way, and made to order.

Everyone who wants one will get one. And not a single one will rot on a shelf

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, hundreds of thousands of people might not want them, but 10k might?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That would be a pivot from what they're doing right now though. It hasn't really been used as a platform for focused sales, it's been for stuff that could never happen at retail.

I guess more premium ones with lights and sounds and stuff would fit in though.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Jet Ready Go posted:

I could easily see that Bastion alone going for close to $100 given what some people pay for legends on the secondary market. When I sold my Hasbro ML Rogue two years ago I got around $50 for that and I saw her in stores all the time back in the day.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

JT Smiley posted:

I could easily see that Bastion alone going for close to $100 given what some people pay for legends on the secondary market. When I sold my Hasbro ML Rogue two years ago I got around $50 for that and I saw her in stores all the time back in the day.

Definitely. I just sold my rogue for $100 in December.

I'm sitting here selling most of my stuff, and couldn't resist jumping in on a $350 sentinel. How long has haslab been going? Have any of them actually been produced? I feel weird paying for something then waiting a year to get it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bushifox posted:

Definitely. I just sold my rogue for $100 in December.

I'm sitting here selling most of my stuff, and couldn't resist jumping in on a $350 sentinel. How long has haslab been going? Have any of them actually been produced? I feel weird paying for something then waiting a year to get it.

The Jabba Sail Barge was shipped over a year ago.

Unicorn is in production.

There was also a failed large Cookie Monster doll. It failed hard. Only ~620 out of 3000 backers.

This crushed all their previous projects though.

I buy Hot Toys so I'm used to putting down money a year+ early, although usually just a $40-50 deposit.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 13, 2020

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
And that Jabba barge was going for like $1100 on ebay the day people who paid $500 received it. I wouldn't get this as an investment though, either to flip it short term or long term. I like the previous DoFP sentinel I already have, and it's plenty large for my setup, but if they do some kind of Wolverine figure with this I might cave, despite previously telling my wife I wouldn't get it.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I really want to buy a friggin' army of these Sentinels but
A) I barely have room as it is in my home office and
B) my wife would probably beat me to death with them when she saw a $1800 charge from Hasbro.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fuzz posted:

A Black Series X-Wing was planned for the year after the Tie Fighter but that Tie Fighter ate poo poo so hard they shelved it.

It was so drat big.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

They should make one of the tiers for Sentinel a whole new giant rear end toy based of his Marvel vs Capcom look. :colbert:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I was looking into the Figuarts IW Thanos that was posted earlier -- I've wanted him for a while and for $84~ shipped that looked like a good deal. But then I saw on Amazon they have it listed at basically the same price:

https://www.amazon.com/Tamashii-Nat...94642278&sr=8-1

There's only 7 reviews, they're in a different language. Is there any to tell if this the legit figure or a knockoff?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I was looking into the Figuarts IW Thanos that was posted earlier -- I've wanted him for a while and for $84~ shipped that looked like a good deal. But then I saw on Amazon they have it listed at basically the same price:

https://www.amazon.com/Tamashii-Nat...94642278&sr=8-1

There's only 7 reviews, they're in a different language. Is there any to tell if this the legit figure or a knockoff?

If it ships and is sold from Amazon directly, it's usually a safe bet. The questionable poo poo is when it's a "See all buying options" or "order fulfilled by... " type of deal, and sometimes those options can both offer Prime shipping, too, so going off of Prime shipping is usually not a guarantee.

If it's shipped and sold directly from Amazon or sold by a storefront that is clearly Japanese, then I usually go for it. Basically do the same vetting as eBay. The one nice thing is that if you ever do get a KO and it was a Prime eligible item, you can often return it and even if the seller is a dickbag and doesn't reply or gives you the runaround you can escalate it directly to Amazon and they're usually pretty quick about refunding the money and don't even want the figure back since it's useless to them. I got a Mafex Spidey KO this way for free, essentially, before I had figured all this out and thought Prime shipping = legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, Amazon sometimes gets scammed into bad stock but if it's a knockoff they'll refund you.