Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the dlc is also decent

the Human Conditions dlc in particular has some of the funniest writing i can remember from ubisoft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

[adds W_D2 to the "try again" list, which is a dozen strong and growing. who needs new games anyway :shepface:]

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I've been playing a lot of Mortal Glory lately and it's a great short game, but I was wondering if there are other fantasy gladiator management games that are more in depth? Doesn't have to be fantasy, I suppose, but I like the flavour of a lizardman bashing a halfling or whatever.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/535230/Domina/

Domina is pretty great. At first you can't control the gladiators, but you can research the ability to do that pretty early on.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Chas McGill posted:

I've been playing a lot of Mortal Glory lately and it's a great short game, but I was wondering if there are other fantasy gladiator management games that are more in depth? Doesn't have to be fantasy, I suppose, but I like the flavour of a lizardman bashing a halfling or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDK8KFMY7s

The actual management aspects of Domina are about as complex as Mortal Glory, it's not like a huge sim game but goddamn if I'm gonna miss a chance to crow about that soundtrack.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I am so glad I’m not the only one with that pet peeve. I used to work with someone who would always say Eastern Standard Time and it drove me insane.

I’m looking for something smallish to buy that’s a good chill out game but I have no idea what to go for. Anyone have suggestions in the 5-10 dollar range?

Not sure on prices for these, but:
Coloring Pixels
Mini Metro
Cherry Creek
Animated Puzzles
Colorzzle
Yoku's Island Express

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ciaphas posted:

[adds W_D2 to the "try again" list, which is a dozen strong and growing. who needs new games anyway :shepface:]

Yeah for real. I bounced hard off W_D2 a few times but do keep meaning to give it the ol' college try once more to see if it sticks this time. Seeing as how I'm currently playing AC:OD I'm probably going to wait longer for that attempt.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

err posted:

PC users are getting so many good ports. All Xbox exclusives, many PS4 exclusives.

Things are looking good for next generation.

Pretty much. We get the best of both worlds.

We only miss out on Nintendo games. :newlol:

:saddowns:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Finally, the thing that goons always defend, anime, and the thing goons will always detract, landlords. Lets see which burns brighter

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Well that depends, are the anime girls landlords themselves or do they merely personify well-known celebrity landlords.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
No, see, the girls are anthropomorphised real estate.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Edmond Dantes posted:

No, see, the girls are anthropomorphised real estate.

I've heard of Conjugal Property but this is ridiculous!

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Cartoon Man posted:

:siren: TODAY IS THE DAY TO GET WATCHDOGS 2 FOR FREE BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 2:30PM and 4:30PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME! :siren:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidt...-what-time/amp/

Unsurprisingly, it's quickly broken down.

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/1282385749141331968

Edit: Looks like they managed to overload their log-in servers, so people just trying to play games can't even log into UPlay right now.

Rebel Blob fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 12, 2020

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Was fun getting an email from Twitch telling me to do the thing I was trying to do and couldn't.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Here's what I get when I try to log in. Bear in mind that I tested this out last night and verified my password so that I'd be prepared.

Ok, cool, I work in IT and I know this happens. I'll just go ahead and submit a ticket at support.ubisoft.com....

gently caress you Ubisoft

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Can confirm, I cannot log into uplay to play Anno. Guess it's Rimworld time instead.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

If you work in IT wouldn't you assume that a support ticket right now would be kinda useless?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Really enjoying Grim Dawn so far after having picked it up in the sale. I'm following a super easy cheesey skeleman pet build so I basically just walk around and collect loot. Sooner or later I'll try something a little more interactive, but for now it's kind of relaxing.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

RVWinkle posted:

Here's what I get when I try to log in. Bear in mind that I tested this out last night and verified my password so that I'd be prepared.

Ok, cool, I work in IT and I know this happens. I'll just go ahead and submit a ticket at support.ubisoft.com....

gently caress you Ubisoft

It was a stupid idea to make it free for such a short window, should've been 24 hours

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Watch Dogs Legion has John Wick as a recruitable? drat!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Logged into uplay just fine, can't log into the site with the stream.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Valhalla looked goddamn amazing.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Cartoon Man posted:

Valhalla looked goddamn amazing.
I kind of wish they went back to the old style of Eagle Vision. Constantly pressing that ping button is such a pain, even if they seem to have massively dialled up the range and the visibility of the markers.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Tezzeract posted:

Watch Dogs Legion has John Wick as a recruitable? drat!

Goddamn it

I hate it when I want games!! :arghfist::shepspends:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
john wick will still be there when its $40 in two months

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

john wick will still be there when its $40 in two months

And free during next year’s Not-E3 presentation if they fix the login servers by then.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ubisoft: We're not making political games.

Also Ubisoft: We're gonna paraphrase Niemöller in this video game trailer.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

cant wait to see ubisoft twist itself in knots to explain how Antifa Simulator 2020 is apolitical

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Just repeatedly say that it isn't, and never back down from that stance. Regular people will do your arguing for you. Every discussion about it will have at least one person rise up from the woodwork to say "well Ubi themselves said its not political, so..."

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 12, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
It's not political, it's historical!

*goes to very questionable conventions* :buddy:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

the one thing I saw from that stream is you can be some lager-fuelled cockney geezer in that london who drinks from tiny cans

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I assume you’ve already played through the three commandos games from the late 90s/early 2000s?

Never heard of 'em!

Walh Hara posted:

Iron Danger perhaps? It's pretty neat and unique.

Obviously Divinity Original Sin 2 as well if you somehow did not yet play that.

Never heard of Iron Danger, but it looks cool.

I tried to get into DOS/DOS2 but I just couldn't. I feel like I should love the series, but there's just so much time spent walking around and other slow moments. I don't care for story in games and just want a tight, focused experience - so Shadow Tactics/Desperados being "quick tiny cutscene and then jump right in" is exactly what my ADHD brain needs. So while DOS has decent tactical fights, there's just too much slow Role Playing aspect that kills me

Orv
May 4, 2011
Commandos is the direct progenitor of Shadow Tactics and Desperados alike. They hold up pretty well.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Sab669 posted:

Never heard of 'em!

holy hell you have a lot to look forward to

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

This looks like an incredibly chill "game": https://store.steampowered.com/app/1291340/Townscaper/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvYLKA6A15k

I kinda hope that there's something resembling an objective, since I'm no good in a sandbox, but really dig the look and feel of it.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

There's no objective, but I posted my first tweet about it a few minutes ago and I really love it.
https://twitter.com/mikaeltja/status/1282440222492577792

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

that looks very nice indeed.

EA message doesn't sound like there be objectives or more then the sandbox in the end

quote:

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“I might want to add some auxiliary features such as a mesh exporter, a GIF recorder, a free camera etc. Townscaper is a very technical project, and I want to add some special technical view modes where the player can get a glimpse of whats going on under the hood.”

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
The Townscaper guy hangs out in 4chan to some degree, not sure how much, so might want to keep that in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Sab669 posted:

Never heard of 'em!

I replayed the original Commandos ~2 years ago and it's still very good. Two is great as well (or was, haven't touch that since early 00s), three is bad.