Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Jolo posted:

If you like the traversal you'll have a great time because your options become more and more interesting as you progress through the game. If you want more songs by Low Roar, the game has you covered there too. It sounds like you'll like it.

I thought the story was told poorly and didn't care for the Low Roar music and still played 120 hours of it. The delivery options were very satisfying.

I did like getting to bring along my own ladder and leave it for someone. gifting stuff to other players was neat too. i'm still super early in the game so who knows if i'll clock 120 hours but i def wanna keep going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe

death stranding is a good game with a lovely setting and theme but oh my god the dialogue

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I got the last of us 2 but I'm scared to play it

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Finger Prince

Bobby Deluxe posted:

death stranding is a good game with a lovely setting and theme but oh my god the dialogue

I was carrying hundreds of kilos of stuff on my bike and person to bring to the wind farm and it got stuck on a log and then BTs showed up and I got stuck in their tar and dropped everything and I just shut the game down and haven't played it since.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

One thing I figured out where you can sorta cheat is that the game doesn't autosave all that often. You could probably have loaded your last save and avoided a big hassle.

Finger Prince

Jolo posted:

One thing I figured out where you can sorta cheat is that the game doesn't autosave all that often. You could probably have loaded your last save and avoided a big hassle.

Hopefully it saved at the distribution center when I loaded everything up. Last time I went to the wind farm, I skirted the whole BT area by clambering along the mountains (skyrim skillz), but I was only lightly encumbered. This time I figured I'd max out my risk/reward by loading up, but being light and mobile is way easier. But then you have to do a bunch of tedious and time consuming trips to make up for it, and there must be a point where you just say gently caress it, throw everything in a post box and take your 10%, which seems to run counter to the point of the game, but I'm wondering if you could actually just play it that way.

Jolo

After playing a bit I stopped taking big loads of stuff and opted for less on my back and faster trips. Going to that Wind Farm always sucks though haha.

You get some upgrades as the game progresses that makes transporting more stuff way more manageable. You get a robotic leg upgrade that ups your carry capacity by a ton so you can carry more and move freely.

Areola Grande

I'm playing Undertale for the first time and I've got to say it's the most BYOB game ever made

vanisher

prepuce repurposed posted:

I'm playing Undertale for the first time and I've got to say it's the most BYOB game ever made

It's neat

Jolo

I respect yer opinyun but lissen here... Wattam is the most BYOB game in this feller's view.

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually it's Baba Is You

nut

The Klowner posted:

in that it's cute and fun but I leave it wildly unfinished

Areola Grande

The Klowner posted:

created by a goon if the rumors are true

Goons Are Gifts

created by a goon if the rumors are true

As was Undertale and its spiritual successor LISA (also very good)

Areola Grande

well it shows. this game is very goony

Bobby Deluxe

Finger Prince posted:

I was carrying hundreds of kilos of stuff on my bike and person to bring to the wind farm and it got stuck on a log and then BTs showed up and I got stuck in their tar and dropped everything and I just shut the game down and haven't played it since.
you can crouch to negate the falling over mechanic and you can throw bottles of piss at the bts to make them go away

Lazy_Liberal

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

you can throw bottles of piss at the bts to make them go away

works on most enemies irl too

nut

dang I haven’t played golf with your friends since before it’s proper release but I just played and drat it is still fun and good

Finger Prince

Bobby Deluxe posted:

you can crouch to negate the falling over mechanic and you can throw bottles of piss at the bts to make them go away

Yeah I got the piss poop and sweat grenades, but haven't used them yet. I was kind of hoping to just avoid the BTs on the bike, but I failed pretty badly at that. Getting stuck in their tar makes all your poo poo lootsplosion everywhere and I just start button mashing cuz I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm bad at these kind of video games.

Jolo

Yeah, getting grabbed by BTs when you're in a vehicle is awful. All of your stuff automatically takes a bunch of damage. There was one delivery that I tried several times to sneak a truck through a BT area and I got caught every time. You have to really creep to not accidentally run into a BT or alert them. It's stressful.

Wattam on the other hand. Not stressful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-7TitlOQM0&t=5515s

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

started up Bloodborne again, because if i don't play a Soulsborne game I go mad.

not sure why, but it's fun once you're in New Game + and you can run around wrecking things

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

started up Bloodborne again, because if i don't play a Soulsborne game I go mad.

not sure why, but it's fun once you're in New Game + and you can run around wrecking things

games with high skill ceilings like bloodborne really own, sometimes, but playing sekiro for dozens of hours makes me think that From just occasionally hits solid gold without even understanding why

not like I can blame them, it’s hard for me to qualify why I dislike sekiro so much when a lot of the same elements are fine in BB, but still, sekiro makes me so sad

Bobby Deluxe

last night i got trolled hard by the game because someone somehow dropped a package in the middle of a river and when i went to get it all of my poo poo got swept into a hardcore bt zone

most of my game so far has been spent picking up the packages from the free postboxes and then abandoning them at slightly different postboxes for a few free likes

also i hogtied my first mule and that was a lot less stressful than i thought

currently on my way back from the wind farm

Jolo

Bobby Deluxe posted:

last night i got trolled hard by the game because someone somehow dropped a package in the middle of a river and when i went to get it all of my poo poo got swept into a hardcore bt zone

most of my game so far has been spent picking up the packages from the free postboxes and then abandoning them at slightly different postboxes for a few free likes

also i hogtied my first mule and that was a lot less stressful than i thought

currently on my way back from the wind farm

The strand is very useful against mules. You can use it to counter melee attacks and you can also equip it and use it to sneak up and hogtie people. It's not dependent on you having a climbing rope either, for some reason I thought that I had to have a climbing anchor on me to equip the strand but it's a completely separate thing that you always have on you.

In general, it's not very worthwhile to spend a lot of time picking up other packages that other players have dropped. You can see who you'll receive likes from in your cargo menu and if it's a player avatar you'll just get misc likes which aren't nearly as helpful as likes from specific delivery locations which will give new items. I think the Junk Dealer is one of the really good ones to deliver to because he gives you a power suit that lets you carry more.

I feel like I'm being a snooty know it all with all this. I'm just remembering things I did or didn't do early in the game that I would've done differently on a replay. The real fun thing in the game is learning how to improve at delivering so I'll zip it.

I've been playing the new Formula 1 racing game and buddy, I'm not very good at it. The cars go really fast and there are so many menus and setup options and it's a bit overwhelming. One of the hardest things to dial down in the game is what difficulty to play at. Putting it too low and you'll zip by everyone with ease, but too high and you'll spend the entire race getting passed while lapping in last place.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Bobby Deluxe

Jolo posted:

In general, it's not very worthwhile to spend a lot of time picking up other packages that other players have dropped.
no i mean i pick them up from the shared locker and then 'deliver' them to the same postbox

you get 24 likes and increase the value of the package for the person who eventually delivers it, in exchange for almost zero effort - loading it onto your back from one menu and inloading it in another

the game is fun but my ps4 is making some worrying noises trying to run it

Bobby Deluxe

oh my wooord

1. the bike makes everything so much easier
2. the blood grenades make everything easier
3. i ran into a bt, and i am somewhat unclear what happened but i mistimed the bike boost the ps4 thread mentioned to get past the grabby puddle. i got pulled under and dragged underground and everything got covered in goo. eventually i got up and there was a whale squid flailing around in the mud so i climbed up on a rock and kept throwing blood grenades at it and it blew the gently caress up
4. a hideo kojima list by hideo kojima

Jolo

Which grenade would you least like to get hit by, piss, poo poo, sweat, or blood?

Bobby Deluxe

they never tried flinging jizz at their enemies which makes them cowards in my eyes

Finger Prince

Jolo posted:

Which grenade would you least like to get hit by, piss, poo poo, sweat, or blood?

I had a howler monkey fling poo poo at me once, and honestly it wasn't that bad. But their poop is just chewed up leaves though.

Jolo

I asked a buddy that question and he said poo. For me it's blood by a mile. That would be really traumatic.

idiotsavant
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I think I want to play Rust but also I think I like the idea of playing rust better than actually playing it because the game seems toxic af tbh

Also I can’t build a wizards tower just a regular tower and it’d probably get griefed by twenty 13-yos immediately

Bobby Deluxe

i blew up my bike in a river and cant make new ones yet :smith:

more falafel please

forums poster

do y'all like the uncharted games

I'm playing through them again during quarantimes

also I started playing wow again

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

nut

thinkin bout that paper mario

beer pal

all of the sudden I’ve got too many games to play

-paper Mario
-super hot 2
-death stranding now on pc
-just started playing path o’ logic 2

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Areola Grande

I found a Switch game in sale for $0.39. It's called the Deer God. It sucks rear end

nut

heard some things about paper Mario that make me unsure if I wanna play yet I’m p sold on playing death stranding DESPITE what everyone is saying about it

Stunt_enby

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

idiotsavant posted:

I think I want to play Rust but also I think I like the idea of playing rust better than actually playing it because the game seems toxic af tbh

Also I can’t build a wizards tower just a regular tower and it’d probably get griefed by twenty 13-yos immediately
for the most part yeah but i have a decent success rate in finding Chill People by playing on officials and being nice with my combat encounters (saying gg, picking them up afterwards if possible) but zergs always gonna be zergs

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bobby Deluxe

if you like games where you deliver things from one place to another with challenges inbetween, and like getting interesting / beautiful / weird cutscenes as a reward for doing so, you will probably like death stranding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

more falafel please posted:

do y'all like the uncharted games

I'm playing through them again during quarantimes

also I started playing wow again

ive played through like 3/4 of uncharted 1 twice (once af a friends place, once on my PS3 immediately prior to getting a PS4) and I literally just fired it back up in the ps4 collection last week because warzone is eating my entire hard drive like candy and I need to beat and delete games lol

it’s awesome because back when I first played it all the parkour stuff was really dumb and basically autopilot and how could anyone find this engaging; and now I’m older and dumber and I’m jumping around rock pillars like a gottdang monkey and occasionally totally being stuck on where to go next