Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

lets hang out posted:

I found rice as a sparkly on the ground next to the barn and silo at the sugar cane plantation

Looks like I need to explore more. I don't even know these locations. I haven't ventured across the bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Finally got poisoned for the priest's quest. I had to sleep 9 hours for him to show up to work, except he was giving a sermon instead. I waited for another 2 hours and oops thats his smoke break. 1 more hour and he's working but now the poison is cured.

eat my rear end swery

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there are bees in the park next to the church. for a future quest, he also smokes from like 5 to 6:15, but should be at his desk shortly afterward

anyone find this dollie?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

lets hang out posted:

anyone find this dollie?

You find it during the story. I don’t know where it goes yet, might also be story related.

Anyone know a good time to talk to the guy who works at the freezer facility to get his side quest? Feels like whenever I catch him outside it doesn’t qualify

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just started chapter 3 but I gotta say even if it is accurate making you wait until monday for red beans and rice was so messed up

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

No Mods No Masters posted:

You find it during the story. I don’t know where it goes yet, might also be story related.

Anyone know a good time to talk to the guy who works at the freezer facility to get his side quest? Feels like whenever I catch him outside it doesn’t qualify

~14:00 is when I usually find him near the dumpsters outside.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Phoix posted:

~14:00 is when I usually find him near the dumpsters outside.

Yeah, that’s when I was trying but I just get generic dialogue. Maybe the quest is restricted to chapter 1 or something, I didn’t try him during it. Thanks

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The interludes between chapters are really good and full of great dialogue and Easter eggs. Really loving this game’s writing and style. It hits the nail on the head as far as what you’d want more of from the first game.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I will get this final split if it's the last thing I do dammit. I found a youtube video of a guy doing it successfully and have been trying to emulate his strategy but it seems to be a one in a million shot

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you get new outfits every 40 stamps but you have to actually look at the stamp list to receive them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlestonJew posted:

I will get this final split if it's the last thing I do dammit. I found a youtube video of a guy doing it successfully and have been trying to emulate his strategy but it seems to be a one in a million shot

I mentioned earlier but go easy on the the power, you don't want to smash it, the pins need to roll some. You also need to get lucky.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone see a green pepper?

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone see a green pepper?

you can get it at Alexus' house. thyme you get from completing Avery's first quest

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
What is the trick to getting the fleur-de-lis to appear/get checked off? I got the first album from the gravekeeper but when I'm at the place where the fleur-de-lis is I can never seem to get it to register no matter how much I open the album. I'm tried being in the place the photo was taken, the spot the FDL itself would be, using concentration, etc all with no luck.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Look around using concentration and the fleur de lys should appear then you'll get a little cutscene where you 'collect' it. It can be a bit finicky though, try going to where the photo appears to have been taken from and look around there, the blue exclamation mark just tells you you're in the right general area.

psychoJ posted:

you can get it at Alexus' house. thyme you get from completing Avery's first quest

Cheers, yeah I'd already got the thyme previous. All reward for that messing is a super expensive dish. :(

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Sleeveless posted:

What is the trick to getting the fleur-de-lis to appear/get checked off? I got the first album from the gravekeeper but when I'm at the place where the fleur-de-lis is I can never seem to get it to register no matter how much I open the album. I'm tried being in the place the photo was taken, the spot the FDL itself would be, using concentration, etc all with no luck.

you have to bring up the photo itself by pressing the up button. there will be a blue exclamation mark above York's head when you're in the right spot, and then you have to use concentration to find the fleur. the game does not do a very good job of telling you this

e;fb

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's five albums in total. The second one is just nondescript buildings....

fuckingusername
Jun 6, 2008
We all know the framerate is total garbage. But it actually seems to get even worse the longer the game is running. It's just hard to tell because it sneaks up on you. I closed and restarted the game and the FPS went back up to a nice solid 20.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I noticed that too.

Goddamn I'm sick of people not being where they're supposed to be, Chuck just fucks off whenever he like despite the swamp tours supposed hours and Melvin is never in the sheriffs office and just drives his shop van around all loving day. And I can't turn in a quest unless he's in sheriff mode which is loving never.
Doesn't help that they managed to make both the inventory and how cigarettes work a pain in the arse so it's harder to check where people are on an hourly basis.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Another way to make the framerate way, way worse is to upgrade the speed of your skateboard.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah I noticed that too.

Goddamn I'm sick of people not being where they're supposed to be, Chuck just fucks off whenever he like despite the swamp tours supposed hours and Melvin is never in the sheriffs office and just drives his shop van around all loving day. And I can't turn in a quest unless he's in sheriff mode which is loving never.
Doesn't help that they managed to make both the inventory and how cigarettes work a pain in the arse so it's harder to check where people are on an hourly basis.
I've seen Melvin in the sheriff office every time I've gone in there after doing the cold storage warehouse inspection

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I just realized that York is kind of the American Dirk Gently. He's a very holistic detective, just kind of letting fate guide him. He's not as go-with-the-flow as Dirk Gently is but it's still the same kind of thought imo.

When can I start doing sick tricks on the skateboard? I'm dying to play Deadly Skate.

Has anyone else noticed the trees with blood red leaves scattered around? I also found a completely red and leafless tree by the river near Owl's Nest. No spoilers because far as I know it's just something weird.

Edit: Just learned a "Wallie" right after I posted this. Do more tricks come down the road or do I have to actively set out to learn them?

Cowman fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 12, 2020

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Cowman posted:

Edit: Just learned a "Wallie" right after I posted this. Do more tricks come down the road or do I have to actively set out to learn them?

Talk to the skateboard girl.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

hughesta posted:

I've seen Melvin in the sheriff office every time I've gone in there after doing the cold storage warehouse inspection

He was there regularly in chapter 1 yeah, no longer

fuckingusername
Jun 6, 2008
Okay. Without spoiling anything, has anyone been genuinely satisfied with a quest reward yet? In DP1 you occasionally got really important stuff. So far I feel powerfully trolled, except maybe The bead you get from helping Melvin?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I'm really surprised that this feels as much of a D4 successor as it does: the interface, the cel shading, the minigames, the constant collecting of tiny shiny objects scattered around the world, all the characters being big and quirky and having a singular gimmick or catchphrase instead of being more subdued and acting as the straightman to York's weirdness...even the Saint Rouge subplot seems to be the same thing as the Real Blood subplot from D4.

Cowman posted:

Has anyone else noticed the trees with blood red leaves scattered around? I also found a completely red and leafless tree by the river near Owl's Nest. No spoilers because far as I know it's just something weird.

The first game had individual red trees in places important to the murderer like the police HQ and his house's backyard so I'm glad the red trees returned and each time I see one I kind of file away whose land its on because of it.

There's one tree especially that is way higher poly and more fleshy looking that I'm pretty sure is also the one from the loading screen and the photograph from the beginning of the game.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

No Mods No Masters posted:

There's a quest for the dollie you can pick up before the end of chapter 1, but even with the game telling me where to deliver it there's no prompt to do anything so I have no idea how to finish the quest.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I'm already super lost and I'm only in Chapter 1 or 2 lol. Can someone give me some beginner tips? I have to put something down at 22:30 and it's barely noon and smoking a cig passes one hour. I've skated around everywhere in town looking for some sidequests or anything but I'm not really having any luck.

Am I just supposed to chain smoke till the correct time or is there a better way for me to pass time?

John Luebke
Jun 1, 2011

abraxas posted:

I'm already super lost and I'm only in Chapter 1 or 2 lol. Can someone give me some beginner tips? I have to put something down at 22:30 and it's barely noon and smoking a cig passes one hour. I've skated around everywhere in town looking for some sidequests or anything but I'm not really having any luck.

Am I just supposed to chain smoke till the correct time or is there a better way for me to pass time?

There are three different kinds of cigarettes, the heavy ones let you skip up to 7 hours, you can buy all three kinds in the hotel. Though if you're headed for the hotel you can just go to bed, you can sleep up to 24 hours. Also, you can buy sleeping bags at the hotel too, in case you just wanna sleep in the wilderness.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
also your storage comes with a few light, medium and heavy cigarettes inside.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

abraxas posted:

There's an NPC in the graveyard who'll give you a good time killer quest

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

anyone found shrimp

naturally I found it right after posting

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 12, 2020

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
please swery.. please..... I just want this last split

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If it helps the reward you get for doing it is absolutely not worth it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If you get 100% sidequests and stamps york, swery, and supergreatfriend all come out of the screen to give you a hug

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I've invested too much of my life into this to just give up

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
It's wild that this and The Last of Us 2 came out within a month of each other, two games as different as can be and yet still both featuring dog murder and a transperson being mistreated by their peers.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I DID IT

and you were lying the reward was totally worth it! seeing Mrs. Carpenter go "FUUUUUCK"

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

is there going to be an easier way to do the Kill 30 Alligators side mission or is it really just gonna be boarding up and down the river bank until you see one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

TurnipFritter posted:

is there going to be an easier way to do the Kill 30 Alligators side mission or is it really just gonna be boarding up and down the river bank until you see one

The reservoir area in the southwest-ish (IIRC) is lousy with them, being plenty of bullets and you can do all 30 in one trip