Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

https://twitter.com/search?q=deadly+premonition+2&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/4/20850118/deadly-premonition-2-deadly-premonition-origins-nintendo-switch-direct

It's happening boys. it's happening.

Did you see that, Zach? I can see it, Crisp as a clear spring morning...

...Buy a switch...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/1169391528772399104

:getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzvXBFwcyek

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

While I am glad it is coming out, I am not happy at the possibility that it's an exclusive.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Dude, they're totally in the apartment from D4.

Also the Japanese announcement video has different footage(including York skateboarding!)

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
Do you see it, Zach?

F...K, on the Switch.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They can put York in Smash now.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I hope that whistling theme is still in the game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Rhonne posted:

Dude, they're totally in the apartment from D4.
Considering that "fifteen years in the past" thing I wonder if there will be time travel involved...

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

What a time to be alive

Can't wait to learn more movie trivia while driving with my buddy York

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I absolutely cannot wait for this and I cannot wait to force my wife play through the original with me.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
*runs into thread high fiving everyone*

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I genuinely cannot decide if I want the new game to be way more refined now that SWERY has money and clout or if I want him to invest that same money in making the gameplay even jankier

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

This is weird to say but this one of my favorite games I've never played. The giantbomb lets play of this is one of the best types of gaming content out there.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ulio posted:

This is weird to say but this one of my favorite games I've never played. The giantbomb lets play of this is one of the best types of gaming content out there.

I do think as nearly unplayable as it can be there is a weird charm with playing it that just an LP can't quite match

Like, you put that controller in your hand and get this overwhelming sense of "what the gently caress is this?"

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*runs into thread high fiving everyone*

:hfive:

Ulio posted:

i'm ready to both play it myself, then watch SuperGreatFriend play it. So..freaking..excited.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am so loving happy Swery is back in full swing and that he's gonna take us back to BWOASTON especially since we'll never see what happened next in D4

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

oh my god York can skateboard

York can skateboard

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

i cant wait for pictures of skateboarding york.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

first teaser trailer

https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/1169446772558589952

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Sad it's Switch only (I own a Switch) just because everyone should experience Deadly Premonition in some way.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Nintendo finally got me to buy a Switch.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Has anyone already bought the Switch version of the first DP? Does it work?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

asking if a DP1 port "works" is kind of a loaded question

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
DEADLY.

PREMONITION.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am now consumed by the sudden non-zero chance of York being in Smash Bros

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

exquisite tea posted:

Has anyone already bought the Switch version of the first DP? Does it work?

It seems like it's a port of the 360 version and doesn't have the director's cut stuff at all. Has some (at times) major audio bugs where sound just cuts out for the rain/car/people talking and you have to reset the game.

the framerate sometimes drops to the teens or lower when driving around town.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MagusDraco posted:

It seems like it's a port of the 360 version and doesn't have the director's cut stuff at all. Has some (at times) major audio bugs where sound just cuts out for the rain/car/people talking and you have to reset the game.

So its a faithful port

exquisite tea posted:

Ah, that's the good old Deadly Premonition I know.

:hf:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

MagusDraco posted:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I have DP Director's Cut on steam, but I know I need a mod for it to run well or whatever. Somebody hook me up! I need to replay this beautiful game

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I have DP Director's Cut on steam, but I know I need a mod for it to run well or whatever. Somebody hook me up! I need to replay this beautiful game

I know there was this: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=dpfix by durante.

Game would never run for me though for whatever reason. It was either getting a 1070, getting a high refresh rate monitor, installing windows 10, or using Display Port but the steam version went from being fine (with crashes every hour or so) on windows 8.1 with a gtx 970 to 4 fps for some reason with that 1070 and a different monitor

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Anyone remember the bonus ending of the Director's Cut where York returns to tell old man Zach about a series of bizarre incident in New Orleans I'm pretty sure by the end of this game when York gives control back to Zach again, he's going to be an old man

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

exquisite tea posted:

The 360 release ran mostly fine (aside from the split-screen bits with the Raincoat Killer) and didn't have that many actual bugs, though.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Life is good

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Life is beautiful

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Doc M posted:

The 360 release ran mostly fine (aside from the split-screen bits with the Raincoat Killer) and didn't have that many actual bugs, though.

I played it on PC where it literally no longer runs on my new system, so the Switch port is already an improvement.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Its amazing that every port of DP was progressively worse than the version before it (with the apparent exception of the switch version)

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

exquisite tea posted:

I played it on PC where it literally no longer runs on my new system, so the Switch port is already an improvement.
Oh, right. That's not good old Deadly Premonition, that's a bad port of Deadly Premonition. :v:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The sound issues for the Switch version of DP are loving abysmal. This is the third time I've bought a port of DP and been burned. First the barely running PS3 version, then the barely functioning Steam version that crashes all over the place, and now this one where the sound completely cuts out and there's none of the Director's Cut cutscenes.

I mean really, can I just pay money and have a functional version of this game for once? I don't trust them to patch it, either.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

I've been waiting a long time to be able to play a working version of this, after all the issues surrounding the PC version.

For what it's worth, some Reddit post said they messaged the publisher on Facebook and they replied that "There is a patch coming soon which is aimed to address a few things including the audio drop out issues". So there's still hope for that to get sorted at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i've bought DP1 on both PC and PS3 and never played more than an hour of it (i think i got to a part where a deputy makes you find 8 different squirrel ones before you find the "right one" before stopping) and other than the game just generally looking like it's two generations old, neither one was obviously busted.

if i was inclined to replay DP1 now (halloween next month and the sequel being announced) which platform would be optimal PC or PS3?