Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

finally, a story to make Ray read the news
This Woman Gets Paid To Erotically Sit On Cakes. Here’s What Her Life Is Like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Buddy, Ray's already a long-time customer.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Ray is 60% of her patreon income

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Javid posted:

He would be like the best and worst patron of all time, like he'd give people a ton of money with his patronage, but he'd probably also make the weirdest demands as part and parcel of the arrangement

Also slightly off topic, but the fact that there isn't a good mobile app to read Achewood with is downright criminal

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Javid posted:

he likes her product, and wanted her to have a little walking around money :colbert:

drrockso20 posted:

He would be like the best and worst patron of all time, like he'd give people a ton of money with his patronage, but he'd probably also make the weirdest demands as part and parcel of the arrangement

Also slightly off topic, but the fact that there isn't a good mobile app to read Achewood with is downright criminal

i'm doing a re-read on this website, it shotguns 5 comics that are easy to read and puts the alt-text underneath
https://www.subtly.me/page/achewood/10012001

smarxist fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 10, 2020

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah he'd only ever make the one request and then promptly forget about it while never canceling his pledge, even if you never did the request.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Buried in the replies: "If COVID was a piano, Bolsonaro would be considered a bold and unpredictable new talent"

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

smarxist posted:

he likes her product, and wanted her to have a little walking around money :colbert:

i'm doing a re-read on this website, it shotguns 5 comics that are easy to read and puts the alt-text underneath
https://www.subtly.me/page/achewood/10012001

Daamn, this is a nice website! only way it could be better is if it linked to the blogs at the right times

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Anyone made an edit of that early comic asking about why did someone gently caress a monkey in relation to aids into one about why did someone make soup out of a bat for COVID, cause it seems like a pretty obvious one to me

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
https://www.romhacking.net/reviews/5776/#review

For this to be an authentic Pat post all you'd need to add is a complaint about barbers making too much money.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

reached the Subway arc in my reread and it's just some good poo poo that's become funnier over time;

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

There's a slightly earlier strip where Ray is sitting in the tub wondering what Bill Cosby is doing. Celebrity references do not age well sometimes.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Man From C.H.I.V.A.S. always loses to The Man From H.E.N.N.E.S.S.Y.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Gnoman posted:

There's a slightly earlier strip where Ray is sitting in the tub wondering what Bill Cosby is doing. Celebrity references do not age well sometimes.

Way ahead of the curve on Jared Fogle, though.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Claytor posted:

https://www.romhacking.net/reviews/5776/#review

For this to be an authentic Pat post all you'd need to add is a complaint about barbers making too much money.

The rest of the reviews they have done are just as good.

Like take the pork pie hat off already goddamn

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=74521

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 13, 2020

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Goddamn, that rear end in a top hat could moonlight as the guy who writes the press releases for the CCP when they're pissed off at your country

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Just got to the series of strips where Lyle gives Philippe a copy of the Anarchists Cookbook and it's just so wholesome:kimchi:

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Don't thank me, thank anarchy!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Moe_Rahn posted:

Don't thank me, thank anarchy!

Pat getting electrocuted made it even better

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Now at the Ray's Toilet Party arc, and man I just really dislike Ultra Peanut, she's just a huge rear end in a top hat that isn't particularly funny either and honestly her whole speech gimmick just kinda feels racist in a rather uncomfortable way that feels really out of place for Achewood

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

man, sorry, the best expectation/reality joke...just so quick

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03272002

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

The Voice of Labor posted:

man, sorry, the best expectation/reality joke...just so quick

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03272002

That was like the one funny joke with her and that had less to do with her and more with Philippe's overactive imagination than anything

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

You can choose to read "wipe my rear end" as "let's grow old together".

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ola posted:

Considering how she acts in her later appearances I highly doubt that

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ola posted:

you can do whatever you want in life

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
ENTERING DEATH MODE

WHAT DID YOU DO

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Without the accent she could have been a good anti-Phillipe. He’s the kindness of childhood naïveté, she’s the part where you do rear end in a top hat things because you don’t know better and your sense of empathy hasn’t developed yet.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Without the accent she could have been a good anti-Phillipe. He’s the kindness of childhood naïveté, she’s the part where you do rear end in a top hat things because you don’t know better and your sense of empathy hasn’t developed yet.

I think part of the problem is she doesn't get any comeuppance for being an rear end in a top hat either(at least part of this being that she gets hit by Onstad's tendency to drop storylines or characters harder than basically anyone else in the comic), like what makes Pat work is the fact that karma often smacks him hard for how much of an rear end in a top hat he is(like how his horrid attempt at "chocolate covered cherries" directly leads into him getting shanked by Todd in the ankle), and this usually applies to most of the other characters too

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Pat is also fleshed out enough that his trait of "being the very incarnation of rear end in a top hat " is oviously wholly unrelated to any traits that might make the character seem like bigotry.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

drrockso20 posted:

I think part of the problem is she doesn't get any comeuppance for being an rear end in a top hat either(at least part of this being that she gets hit by Onstad's tendency to drop storylines or characters harder than basically anyone else in the comic), like what makes Pat work is the fact that karma often smacks him hard for how much of an rear end in a top hat he is(like how his horrid attempt at "chocolate covered cherries" directly leads into him getting shanked by Todd in the ankle), and this usually applies to most of the other characters too

If you just wanna be angry at a 5 year old, then just be angry at a 5 year old, dude.

Ain't gotta make no justifications for it.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

drrockso20 posted:

Will we ever find out if pat said good things about rays dick

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Was there a fluffing of hogs

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
WHO PUT A HAIR IN MY DANG NACHOS

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gnoman posted:

Pat is also fleshed out enough that his trait of "being the very incarnation of rear end in a top hat " is oviously wholly unrelated to any traits that might make the character seem like bigotry.

Not cool dude. My dad is a barber.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
code:

snoopys balls

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gnoman posted:

Yeah, him being gay only slightly changed the kind of rear end in a top hat he is, he was already per-established as an rear end in a top hat before that.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

My favourite Roast Beef trait is his weakness for crappy clothes with slogans on them: fig 1, fig 2, fig 3, edit: fig 4.

e-dt fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 15, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

probably my favorite of the "gently caress You Friday" comics, Cornelius's "gently caress along, now" might just be the greatest way of telling someone to gently caress off I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

e-dt posted:

My favourite Roast Beef trait is his weakness for crappy clothes with slogans on them: fig 1, fig 2, fig 3, edit: fig 4.
Yet another: "Uh you got to admit Téodor She looks just like an angel"