Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The North Tower posted:

Was Dick Mullen from Disco Elysium named for our favorite Cum Boy?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

They also started it by giving it away for free

It still is free! The premium eps cost money. And you don’t even have to pay for those! They know about the Blackwolf Feed and don’t care.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
It's still a bit baffling to me that a patreon podcast could ever make so much money with seemingly zero effort. Respect.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 13, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Pedro De Heredia posted:

It's still a bit baffling to me that a patreon podcast could ever make so much money with seemingly zero effort. Respect.

It’s funny because they obviously put more time and energy into their shows than 99% of other podcasts.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s funny because they obviously put more time and energy into their shows than 99% of other podcasts.

Not true in the least. Their audio quality is garbage, and their content is just off-the-cuff half-baked hot takes. I don't listen to Chapo often, but Amber in particular sounded like she was sitting in a can in the Taibbi episode.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
They normally all record in the same room.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Fame Douglas posted:

Not true in the least. Their audio quality is garbage, and their content is just off-the-cuff half-baked hot takes. I don't listen to Chapo often, but Amber in particular sounded like she was sitting in a can in the Taibbi episode.

If only there were some recent event that could explain the sudden drop in mic quality

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

If only there were some recent event that could explain the sudden drop in mic quality

They've had bad audio quality for many years and good microphones aren't expensive. They simply don't care, that's why the audio quality is bad. Otherwise they'd have figured it out.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what podcasts you're listening to but Chapo, even the recent episodes where they're able to have Chris coordinate stuff so they're not just using the call audio, has the best audio quality of just about any podcast I follow other than Blowback, and that has Brendan going full Phil Spector on the track in a way he couldn't on Chapo so it's hardly fair.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

If you weren't here for the early episode Matt "heavy breathing into the mic like a pervert caller" Christman, I don't even know you.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I listen to a sports podcast which is for a major network and gets huge amounts of coverage. Their lockdown stuff has just been embarrassing.

People not using any push to talk and just hot micing while others are talking. You can hear them loudly breathing/shuffling papers/coughing/sniffing at like full volume. They all do that thing where they all speak over each other then realise the others are talking all awkwardly pause then all say "sorry jim...eh no... you go...no you".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ron Jeremy posted:

If you weren't here for the early episode Matt "heavy breathing into the mic like a pervert caller" Christman, I don't even know you.

I miss when Matt recorded the pod via tin can on a string.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fame Douglas posted:

I don't listen to Chapo often, but

why do you post in this thread biden guy

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Get out Biden-Guy

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Concluding the last dozen pages,
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1282687021111271431

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

THS posted:

the allan moore interview owned. him describing reality as an etched crystal gem or whatever the gently caress he was talking about was great

I mostly remember that episode from me being owned in this thread because I didn't understand that the definition of 'free will' they were using was different from the one I had in my head and I was upset about it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo I finally got around to listening to the Amber Taibbi episode and the goons dramatically misrepresented Amber and Taibbi and the things they said, surprise surprise. I can see how those linguistic contortions were made, but good lord...

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
matt on the stream talking about getting all his reform holes filled

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Muppets On PCP posted:

matt on the stream talking about getting all his reform holes filled

Chapo OnlyFans gonna be lit

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I miss Matt as the toilet ghost of communism sometimes.

But the moment when Brendan transcended reality and ebcame pure sound was funny.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I miss Matt as the toilet ghost of communism sometimes.

But the moment when Brendan transcended reality and ebcame pure sound was funny.

I love that intro so much.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Chris god bless him is a great producer, but the cold opens Brendan used to do were golden

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 13, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

Holy poo poo I finally got around to listening to the Amber Taibbi episode and the goons dramatically misrepresented Amber and Taibbi and the things they said, surprise surprise. I can see how those linguistic contortions were made, but good lord...

Nope.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

multijoe posted:

Chris god bless his is a great producer, but the cold opens Brendan used to do were golden

The Adam Curtis one is my favorite still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V810nhkwOG4

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Matt Christman mentioned maybe getting into Gene Wolfe on his latest stream. lol my man's brain is gonna be humming

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Matt Christman mentioned maybe getting into Gene Wolfe on his latest stream. lol my man's brain is gonna be humming

gently caress yes. what are the odds he throws it against the ground for artificial complexity

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Maybe they'll start making references to good sci-fi instead of Dune.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

He might have a hard time getting Gene Wolfe to come on. He's quite dead. Not quite as dead as Alan Moore, but also not quite as alive either.

Edit: Just realized I misread to above posts as Getting Gene Wolfe not getting into. :downs:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trappin' Makes it Happen: Maoist Joe Biden Edition

https://twitter.com/GarlicCorgi/status/1225950826881048583

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1282793073903382534

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
David roth episode yes

How do they not get the full team for the return of Roth

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

gently caress yes, new ep has David Roth and five minutes in it already rules

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
oh hell yeah i was hoping they would get roth on about his starship troopers piece

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Great ep. Virgil said 2 words and dropped off the call or something but roth and the boys are so good

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

terrorist ambulance posted:

David roth episode yes

How do they not get the full team for the return of Roth

I kept thinking Roth was Virgil. Their accents are very similar.

I wish they had mentioned the book for a bit because it’s 100% about Heinlein having a hard on for the marine corps and Rico’s story is a very Horatio hornblower kind of individual rises on his merit and virtue alone thing.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Just finished the Taibbi episode.

I loved Taibbi back in the day and read all his articles, it was the first exposure that I had to non-mainstream lines of thought. I liked the analysis about Russiagate and the missing class discussion of the rise of Donald Trump with it being attributed exclusively to racism but it's really sad to see him go "just presenting information" on journalism. Free speech arguments only cut one way where fascists must be given platforms to speak freely and you can't criticize us for that, and nary a critique of capitalism shall be printed. It's like he's stopped being aware of the unspoken assumptions in media. I wish they had pushed back more against him on that.

People losing their jobs over bullshit sucks, but again the issue there isn't "cancel culture" but massive job insecurity and lack of labor rights. You can't tell moralisers on the internet what to do or not to do, but you can talk about the conditions that create that opportunity to destroy lives for wrongthink. Same with policing, you can't tell police with buckets full of flashbangs not to huck them at protestors faces but you can take away the flashbangs.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I listened to the Blowback bonus episode with Matt; they cram a brief discussion of Southland Tales in there at the end.

Now I'm reading the prequel comics to Southland Tales. I still don't know what to think of that drat movie.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
David Roth name-dropped Stefan Heck! :neckbeard:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

It cracks me up that Matt and Amber consistently use the "A dog looks at your finger not where you're pointing" when dogs are the only other life on Earth that actually doesn't do that and understand the concept of pointing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Alright show me the disgusting trump lobster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sexpig by night posted: