Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Weltlich posted:

I was bitching about this earlier, so feel free to use this if you want. It's a 25 point bullet list of why you should be NoJoe, and it doesn't even include the facts that he's a rapist and pedophile. You can add those in if you want, but I wanted some poo poo to stick in the face of the "policy wonks" who claim that's ok because he's not tmurp.

- Consistently tried to introduce legislation, or voted for legislation that cut medicare and social security, raised the retirement age, and gutted welfare.
- Said he would veto any Medicare for All bill if it arrived on his desk, even while people are dying and facing crippling debt due to COVID.
- Led the fight against desegregation.
- As a member of the Judiciary Committee, he opposed historic black appointments to the DoJ because they supported desegregation.
- While VP, he championed the transfer of military equipment to police departments.
- As VP, his administration built the "kids in cages" detention camps that Trump is now using.
- Voted to expand deportation and indefinite detention powers multiple times before becoming VP.
- Voted for and supported the Iraq War.
- Says the CIA torture report is not a “black stain on this country” but a “badge of honor.”
- Wrote the 1994 crime bill that led us to have the HIGHEST RATE OF INCARCERATION ON EARTH.
- Championed the War on Drugs even while he personally used his influence to make sure his own children's drug infractions went unpunished.
- Takes massive campaign donations from the for-profit prison industry.
- Defends billionaires hoarding wealth and promises that “nothing will fundamentally change.”
- Led the disastrous Bankruptcy Bill and opposition to predatory lending, resulting in increased debt, which he continues to defend.
- He is graded F- by leading climate group the Sunrise Movement.
- He still supports fracking, oil and gas exportation, and the building of new fossil fuel infrastructure.
- Is illegally bribing political rivals with cabinet positions in exchange for their endorsement.
- Voted to deregulate the credit card industry while a credit card company hired his son and was his top donor from 1989–2000.
- Specifically fought to make student loan debt more difficult to live with before dismissing the plight of debt laden Millennials.
- Voted for NAFTA, supports TPP, is generally to the right of Trump on trade.
- In the middle of the Coronavirus crisis he is telling people that isolating in our homes per CDC guidelines is “unfair to all of us and it’s unnecessary for all of us.”
- Praised Reagan’s disastrous handling of the AIDS crisis that killed thousands.
- Driving force behind the Patriot Act, supports warrantless wiretaps / mass surveillance.
- Opposes net neutrality.
- Biden is so disliked that 62% of his own supporters say they would not be voting for him, but rather against Trump. This is drastically worse than the 44% of Hillary voters who did not support her but were only voting to stop Trump, and she lost.

Saving that for later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

yo can anyone shop joe into this

digging how this kind of behavior was being called out as creepy even when biden was still a kid and long before this country had any semblance of sexual harassment being a thing

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

empty whippet box posted:

love having people try to shame me for not voting for biden because they claim he will be a warrior for transgender rights. how do people get this naive and gullible?

the letter after his name makes him a good person and politician duh

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

starting to feel that enough people are going to die of the fuckin plague before November that Biden can actually do this

please prove me wrong

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the main people hit hardest by the plague are the democrats core constituencies so if anything it will be the other way around

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

the main people hit hardest by the plague are the democrats core constituencies so if anything it will be the other way around

aren't the chuds trying their best to get it tho, since they don't believe in masks and stuff

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Venomous posted:

aren't the chuds trying their best to get it tho, since they don't believe in masks and stuff

democrats don't either. they'll put it on for their twitter profile pic and if they're required to by a store but most republicans do to

people who don't want to range the entire political spectrum and just want to go back to being able to use restaurants and go on vacations and get haircuts and it's just as foolish to assume every republican voter is going out and coughing in each other's eyes as it is to assume that every democrat one is dutifully wearing a mask, sanitizing everything, and hasn't seen the outside since they went out to vote on super tuesday

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
obligatory reminder that the biden ghouls marched their own core supporters into overcrowded voting locations in the middle of an uncontrolled pandemic outbreak while the shitlibs were hooting and hollering in support

much like with most everything else they don't give a poo poo except performatively

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
and similarly i imagine the upcoming wave of evictions that are going to hit will only (obviously) target the disadvantaged, and while those who want to vote for trump might still fight to do so even then, I have a harder time imagining that of someone made homeless who would otherwise have bothered to vote for joe biden

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

fair points, very well made

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this is still biden's election to lose at this point, but yeah Events could very plausibly place him in a very nasty position and neither he nor his campaign are remotely prepared to react, even as flailingly as trump is

and yet there is no reason to vote for him

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Cerebral Bore posted:

obligatory reminder that the biden ghouls marched their own core supporters into overcrowded voting locations in the middle of an uncontrolled pandemic outbreak while the shitlibs were hooting and hollering in support

much like with most everything else they don't give a poo poo except performatively

yeah, i used to work in state politics and literally the only time i saw liberals fight for anything was to keep the polls open in the middle of a pandemic. they sure didn't give a poo poo about making sure all the young people that got displaced from college absentee ballots for some reason :thunk:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
hey I’m curious is there like a single video clip anywhere online of Joe Biden saying how he would, if elected
make anything better?

like does he have... policies?

has he literally proposed...anything?

I mean I felt very familiar with Warren and Sandler’s platforms even 3 months ago but even keeping up with the Biden campaigns absolutely glacial output I can’t find... I mean literally ANYTHING about what Joe plans to do RE COVID, homelessness, the economy, schools... like am I dumb or just not googling the right stuff or does the major democratic presidential candidate of 2020 not have any policy positions regarding our current national crisis?

oh wait I found one video saying he would give more money to police

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

hey I’m curious is there like a single video clip anywhere online of Joe Biden saying how he would, if elected
make anything better?

Yeah he’s not trump.

quote:

See above

quote:

yeah see above again.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Bust Rodd posted:

make anything better?

I mean I felt very familiar with Warren and Sandler’s platforms even 3 months ago but even keeping up with the Biden campaigns absolutely glacial output I can’t find... I mean literally ANYTHING about what Joe plans to do RE COVID, homelessness, the economy, schools... like am I dumb or just not googling the right stuff or does the major democratic presidential candidate of 2020 not have any policy positions regarding our current national crisis?

he has his platform listed on his website and his campaign published that doorstopper of a plan with sanders’ team but as far as his stumping issues or what his campaign’s all about, well,

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah he’s not trump.

Oct 28, 2003

Here's Biden giving a riveting political speech: https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/1282539585579503616?s=20

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zvahl posted:

the letter after his name makes him a good person and politician duh

On the other hand, is middle initial is literally an R.
Which is the letter he desperately wishes were at the end of his name.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Is it too late to put myself down for a toxx

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it is never to late to reject the lies of Joe

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

it is never to late to reject the lies of Joe

what about nov 4th

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Excelzior posted:

what about nov 4th

america will have said no to joe

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

only the good parts of america

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Bust Rodd posted:

make anything better?

Here, let me show you this web site full of words that he's probably never read but will definitely implement on day one of an administration, despite being in total opposition to everything he's ever done before while in office.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I re-registered yesterday to change my party affiliation to Green. It means nothing - the system is hosed - but I didn't want to be associated with the Democrats any more, even just on paper.

Congrats Joe not only am I not going to vote for you, you're driving voters completely out of the party.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat you shoulda stayed registered Dem and voted Howie

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
the problem with spite voting to own the democrats is that spite is actually worthless no matter what it feels like

it also assumes the democrats are willing to learn any lessons and will not just nominate as far to the right as they can until they are driven out of existence

democrats are entirely unwilling to learn and will continue to murder the poor and make clowns of assholes like aoc by making them say rape is okay, and I sincerely believe they will do everything in their power to not fix anything and to actively make things worse in order to profit themselves

otoh i'm not going to go down to a dmv and unregister now so who knows I might end up doing spite by default, but it's not a good reason for anything

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who care HowieHomies rise up

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Taintrunner posted:

who care HowieHomies rise up

:hmmyes:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Kreeblah posted:

Here, let me show you this web site full of words that he's probably never read but will definitely implement on day one of an administration, despite being in total opposition to everything he's ever done before while in office.

*huffs audibly*

well if you're just going to keep implying that the man with a long and detailed history of lying is lying about his beliefs then I don't see how we can really have a discussion here

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Wicked Them Beats posted:

*huffs audibly*

well if you're just going to keep implying that the man with a long and detailed history of lying is lying about his beliefs then I don't see how we can really have a discussion here

This poo poo is literally the same arguments I got into with Trumpers in 2016 where just because Trump had this history of racism you couldn't use that in your argument against him since it wasn't relevant to of he would be racist as a president. It was as absurd as stuff he said a week prior didn't matter since that was a week in which his heart could have changed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Radish posted:

This poo poo is literally the same arguments I got into with Trumpers in 2016 where just because Trump had this history of racism you couldn't use that in your argument against him. It was as absurd as stuff he said a week prior didn't matter since that was a week in which his heart could have changed.

well it worked because he won!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

well it worked because he won!

Good news for Biden!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

only the good parts of america

pretty strange to call chuds good :owned:

I’m a homie homie

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

All these people on these forums and elsewhere saying "no one really wants to vote for Biden" can't seem to figure out what the solution is.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

All these people on these forums and elsewhere saying "no one really wants to vote for Biden" can't seem to figure out what the solution is.

i bet they vote for biden and then excuse every right wing thing he does if he wins because they voted for a democrat and that's what democrats do for democrats

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

hello, and welcome to revolutions,

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zvahl posted:

i bet they vote for biden and then excuse every right wing thing he does if he wins because they voted for a democrat and that's what democrats do for democrats

Well, you know how Trump said that if we stopped testing for Corona, we'd stop having so many listed cases of Corona?

If/when Joe takes office, all of the liberals can stop paying attention to the kids in cages, which is the same as not having kids in cages anymore.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

the_steve posted:

Well, you know how Trump said that if we stopped testing for Corona, we'd stop having so many listed cases of Corona?

If/when Joe takes office, all of the liberals can stop paying attention to the kids in cages, which is the same as not having kids in cages anymore.

Yeah but under Biden those kids will be caged with their parents. Finally the American dream can be realized. #resistance

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

Punish the Democrats for making him our choice.

They will not learn or change if they are not afraid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Somfin posted:

Punish the Democrats for making him our choice.

They will not learn or change if they are not afraid.

that's right